Page 137 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    You know its sad when your rooting and hoping for the main hero of a show to get 4th place and knowing he wont get 1st place. It like saying (Yay show them you only suck a quarter of the way).
    Would you expect better from Ash?
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    The outcome of the Unova League will define for me, if I'm disappointed or not in BW saga overall. X)
    I'd say it'd be better if Ash lost this way, if he lost in a 5 V.S 6 battle, I'd call it the worst league of all time. As it is, why is the league letting the guy still fight with 5 Pokenon only?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    Ash isn't Yugi. He's not going to win every tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    As a matter of fact yes, yes I do expect better from Ash he has been on his journey for a long time and has even beaten 3 legend Pokemon in the anime and saved the world more then 15 times (mostly in movies). But the writers wont let Ash grow as a character and it makes me mad. Ash is a good hero character but he never grows so people start to get board with him.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    As a matter of fact yes, yes I do expect better from Ash he has been on his journey for a long time and has even beaten 3 legend Pokemon in the anime and saved the world more then 15 times (mostly in movies). But the writers wont let Ash grow as a character and it makes me mad. Ash is a good hero character but he never grows so people start to get board with him.
    Can you please elaborate how Ash isn't growing as a character?

Talking about the league which is the measurement for Ash's progress, he's been getting better and better with time.

If Ash gets top 4 this time, he made it with only his native Unova mons, in DP he had to relie on reserves meaning he's steady getting better, just like he made it from Johto to Hoenn. Winning a league is a big deal in the pokemon world and writers seems to make Ash look like a normal kid like thousands other who want to achieve that dream.

There's a chance Ash gets top 8 and that means he regressed, but hopefully he learns a lesson and next gen he trains his pokemon a little bit more.

Also movies =/= anime, I think the regular anime follows a different direction..

I hope he gets Top 4 again.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Same here.

If worst comes to worst and Ash does place in the lower Top 8 again, i'm hoping something makes note of how he did worser than his last performance. When he placed in the Top 4 in Sinnoh Brock was quick to mention that it was the best Ash has ever done at a League.

It'd be nice if he could make it to the Final Two, even if he just loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    It'd be nice if he could make it to the Final Two, even if he just loses.
    Probably in the European Pokemon continent.

Like I said, I'd take him loosing to Virgil than this way, he'd make in the top 4 and if its to a new generation type than it'd be understandable.

Who wants to see Ash loose like this? Even none Ash fans have to agree this would be a cheap way for him to loose. 5 Pokemon V.S 6??? At least Tobias had powerful Pokemon and Ash took one of them out even, so he may have lost in the D/P like that but at least he came out ontop that way.

I hope the next series they do a better job with the league, this was just sad.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Same here.

If worst comes to worst and Ash does place in the lower Top 8 again, i'm hoping something makes note of how he did worser than his last performance. When he placed in the Top 4 in Sinnoh Brock was quick to mention that it was the best Ash has ever done at a League.
    If he places lower I somehow doubt he'll reflect on it... the past seems to be generally discarded most of the time
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    If he places lower I somehow doubt he'll reflect on it... the past seems to be generally discarded most of the time
    Ash will just say something along the lines of "Next time we'll win for sure!" before merrily skipping down a yellow brick road with his two companions.

What is more likely to happen team rocket getting pikachu or Ash winning a league

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Ash turning 11.
    We actually know time passed this time lol, the kid should definetly be eleven now, heck he should be 13 or almost 13.

Good grief how many years has this thread been open?

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Good grief how many years has this thread been open?
    A whole month.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    We actually know time passed this time lol, the kid should definetly be eleven now, heck he should be 13 or almost 13.
    He'll be 10 forever... even though that's illogical
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    He'll be 10 forever... even though that's illogical
    I was probably 8 when I watched this show, and I already outgrew him! This makes no sense!

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Can you please elaborate how Ash isn't growing as a character?

Talking about the league which is the measurement for Ash's progress, he's been getting better and better with time.

If Ash gets top 4 this time, he made it with only his native Unova mons, in DP he had to relie on reserves meaning he's steady getting better, just like he made it from Johto to Hoenn. Winning a league is a big deal in the pokemon world and writers seems to make Ash look like a normal kid like thousands other who want to achieve that dream.

There's a chance Ash gets top 8 and that means he regressed, but hopefully he learns a lesson and next gen he trains his pokemon a little bit more.

Also movies =/= anime, I think the regular anime follows a different direction..
    l

With that being said, it is a good point to note that he is using a team with Unova pokemon exclusively for this region, although he did use his Sinnoh Pokemon to get him in to the top 4. It is just a numbers game to an extent, as I am sure that Trip would have placed much higher if Ash wasn't his first challenge.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I was probably 8 when I watched this show, and I already outgrew him! This makes no sense!
    Look at the Simpson's, despite the episodes always talking place in modern times, they haven't aged once in 24 years

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Ash turning 11.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't it been explicitly stated in each saga that there was a 3 month gap between Ash gaining his 8th badge and the league starting? By applying simple logic and math this would mean that Ash is 11 and 1/4, but obviously logic doesn't apply in the anime.

Kanto- After Ash collects his 8th badge he is told that the league starts in three months.
    Johto- I'm pretty sure he was told the same thing.
    Hoenn- Not sure about this region
    Sinnoh- Unsure again (I don't think there was a gap)
    Unova- 3 month gap between Ash collecting his 8th badge and the league starting.

I would love somebody to tell me if there was a gap or not in Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, so feel free to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by A.F.M View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't it been explicitly stated in each saga that there was a 3 month gap between Ash gaining his 8th badge and the league starting? By applying simple logic and math this would mean that Ash is 11 and 1/4, but obviously logic doesn't apply in the anime.

Kanto- After Ash collects his 8th badge he is told that the league starts in three months.
    Johto- I'm pretty sure he was told the same thing.
    Hoenn- Not sure about this region
    Sinnoh- Unsure again (I don't think there was a gap)
    Unova- 3 month gap between Ash collecting his 8th badge and the league starting.

I would love somebody to tell me if there was a gap or not in Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, so feel free to do so!
    With all the mentions of days, weeks and months it's actually already been calculated that Ash's journey has exceeded a year and even more. Yeah, anime logic does suck sometimes.

Nope I only remember it in BW, not in any other region but maybe my memory is blurry.

It happened in Johto as well, Clair told Ash and the gang that the Silver Conference would start in 3 months.

Page 137 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141 ... LastLast