Page 138 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

  1. #3426
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    With all the mentions of days, weeks and months it's actually already been calculated that Ash's journey has exceeded a year and even more. Yeah, anime logic does suck sometimes.
    It's not just anime, but plenty of shows, manga, and comics... it's got it's own trope known as Comic Book Time http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../ComicBookTime
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  2. #3427
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sagitarrius A*
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.M View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't it been explicitly stated in each saga that there was a 3 month gap between Ash gaining his 8th badge and the league starting? By applying simple logic and math this would mean that Ash is 11 and 1/4, but obviously logic doesn't apply in the anime.

    Kanto- After Ash collects his 8th badge he is told that the league starts in three months.
    Johto- I'm pretty sure he was told the same thing.
    Hoenn- Not sure about this region
    Sinnoh- Unsure again (I don't think there was a gap)
    Unova- 3 month gap between Ash collecting his 8th badge and the league starting.

    I would love somebody to tell me if there was a gap or not in Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, so feel free to do so!
    In the "Battle of the Badge" episode, the dubbed version mentioned that it had been a year since Ash and Pikachu last visited Viridian City. Also, during the end of the short "Pikachu and Pichu," Ash reveals that it was the same day he met Pikachu way back ago (this was for the third movie I believe during the Johto saga).

    From the way he was in Sinnoh, I would have figured he might have been 15. But of course he was announced as "10" in Unova, so yeah...
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  3. #3428
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Iris' vagina
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    In the "Battle of the Badge" episode, the dubbed version mentioned that it had been a year since Ash and Pikachu last visited Viridian City. Also, during the end of the short "Pikachu and Pichu," Ash reveals that it was the same day he met Pikachu way back ago (this was for the third movie I believe during the Johto saga).

    From the way he was in Sinnoh, I would have figured he might have been 15. But of course he was announced as "10" in Unova, so yeah...
    Oh my, that's crazy. I understand that in most animes there's "cartoon time" and that's fine by me, I just found it annoying how the writers explicitly made it clear that Ash was 10 at the beginning of the Unova saga. Some people might say that it was done to make Ash more "relatable" to the target audience but I think that Ash's appearence and personality alone would make him endearing to a young audience, in those two aspects alone he's very much still a child, but I digress. The writers should have kept Ash's age ambiguous, that's basically what I'm trying to say.

  4. #3429
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.M View Post
    Oh my, that's crazy. I understand that in most animes there's "cartoon time" and that's fine by me, I just found it annoying how the writers explicitly made it clear that Ash was 10 at the beginning of the Unova saga. Some people might say that it was done to make Ash more "relatable" to the target audience but I think that Ash's appearence and personality alone would make him endearing to a young audience, in those two aspects alone he's very much still a child, but I digress. The writers should have kept Ash's age ambiguous, that's basically what I'm trying to say.
    Ash must have found the Fountain of Youth or the creepy pasta of him being in a coma is true XD
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  5. #3430
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sagitarrius A*
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    Well, at least if they keep him at 10, they can justify his any of his dumb losses. If they randomly say he is 13 or 14, that implies he has been on the circuit for several years and would have amassed the experience to avoid silly mistakes, which of course he makes. It would have been fine however if they revealed he was several years older in Sinnoh, because he was actually battling and training his Pokemon like someone who wasn't a noob. But then BW had to make Ash look like a newbie trainer again.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  6. #3431
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Iris' vagina
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Ash must have found the Fountain of Youth or the creepy pasta of him being in a coma is true XD
    ;D I was just thinking of that creepypasta! Imagine the chaos that would ensue on these forums if Ash waking up out of hospital bed was how the writers ended the entire series!

    On topic (before I completely derail this thread), what's everybody's final prediction for Ash vs Kotetsu? Electro ball and Aura Sphere to collide, creating a thick cloud of smoke before it clears showing both Lucario and Pikachu have fainted? Something along those lines, right? e_e

  7. #3432
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,445

    Default

    He is still 10, he has never aged, he never will. Let's get back on topic....whatever it is.

    Bianca please knock Ash into a fountain one last time as you rush towards the sunset at 80 KPH.

  8. #3433
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    He still 10 mental, at least !
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  9. #3434
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South California
    Posts
    4,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Look at the Simpson's, despite the episodes always talking place in modern times, they haven't aged once in 24 years
    And I have yet to see any new episodes of The Simpson's since 2010 because of how stale it has gotten.... or am I only one thinking that it has?

    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.M View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't it been explicitly stated in each saga that there was a 3 month gap between Ash gaining his 8th badge and the league starting? By applying simple logic and math this would mean that Ash is 11 and 1/4, but obviously logic doesn't apply in the anime.

    Kanto- After Ash collects his 8th badge he is told that the league starts in three months.
    Johto- I'm pretty sure he was told the same thing.
    Hoenn- Not sure about this region
    Sinnoh- Unsure again (I don't think there was a gap)
    Unova- 3 month gap between Ash collecting his 8th badge and the league starting.

    I would love somebody to tell me if there was a gap or not in Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, so feel free to do so!
    In Sinnoh, the episode where Ash defeats Volkner, Flint tells Ash the location of the tournament, as well as stating that it will be starting in a month.

    I looked up Hoenn and it was also a 3 month gap. You know guys, Bulbapedia IS a good resource.-_-
    - Claimed:



    -XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

    Pokemon Y Team:

    Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

    3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

  10. #3435
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Only two more days. Finally. Hope we get a present by having Pikachu be the one standing up in the end.

    Random : PokéRadar


  11. #3436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Only two more days. Finally. Hope we get a present by having Pikachu be the one standing up in the end.
    My dignity as a Lucario trainer will shatter should that specific Lucario win.

  12. #3437
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On a Sea-Train, to Kalos! UK
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    Man, I'm so pumped for this episode! You'd think after that 2 to 3 week break, all the news we've gotten and all this wouldn't be on anyone's minds as of late.

    I'm sure this episode could surprise us once more, considering its the last episode of the league and by that I mean Pikachu actually defeating Lucario.

    Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

    -Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

  13. #3438
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Only two more days. Finally. Hope we get a present by having Pikachu be the one standing up in the end.
    I'm really hoping that Pikachu pulls off a win even if it's just by a tiny bit.


    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2rzoz01.png[/IMG]

    Credits: Super_Jamalx9000



    Credits: Dean

    98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...



  14. #3439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Man, I'm so pumped for this episode! You'd think after that 2 to 3 week break, all the news we've gotten and all this wouldn't be on anyone's minds as of late.

    I'm sure this episode could surprise us once more, considering its the last episode of the league and by that I mean Pikachu actually defeating Lucario.
    Well, thats what most of us hope for I think any ways. Man, all this wait has been horrible.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  15. #3440
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Can you please elaborate how Ash isn't growing as a character?

    Talking about the league which is the measurement for Ash's progress, he's been getting better and better with time.

    If Ash gets top 4 this time, he made it with only his native Unova mons, in DP he had to relie on reserves meaning he's steady getting better, just like he made it from Johto to Hoenn. Winning a league is a big deal in the pokemon world and writers seems to make Ash look like a normal kid like thousands other who want to achieve that dream.

    There's a chance Ash gets top 8 and that means he regressed, but hopefully he learns a lesson and next gen he trains his pokemon a little bit more.

    Also movies =/= anime, I think the regular anime follows a different direction..
    Yeah, as if defeating 3 pokemon with an advantage and making a scraggy defeat a baby in darumaka is a big progress for Ash! As if he fought a legendary pokemon in hydreigon or lucario? As if he faced a formidable opponent like Paul in this league! You call this progress?! I call this deterioration!

  16. #3441
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    828

    Default

    I think the Unova league has taught us to lower our expectations.

  17. #3442
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Chances of a new eeveelution is still high. Yeah, but Virgil is surely not hiding a new eeveelution. His eevee will evolve, probably into a ground type (from the X/Y scans) and finish Ash. The writers have sense enough not to make Ash lose a 5-vs-6 match...

  18. #3443
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minion Island
    Posts
    9,062

    Default

    I still remain skeptical on the notion that Ash will beat Cameron during this episode, though I do believe that a tie could happen. And regardless of who wins, I'm still annoyed that Cameron was allowed to battle here even though he only has 5 Pokemon, regardless if that puts him at a disadvantage or not.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  19. #3444
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
    Chances of a new eeveelution is still high. Yeah, but Virgil is surely not hiding a new eeveelution. His eevee will evolve, probably into a ground type (from the X/Y scans) and finish Ash. The writers have sense enough not to make Ash lose a 5-vs-6 match...
    I certainly hope so. I'd prefer for Ash to get destroyed by a new pokemon than lose to clutzy Cameron with a 6 on 5 advantage. Plus it would mean he would achieve top 4 again - without using any pre-Unova pokes (except pikachu obviously), which for me would be slight progression.

  20. #3445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cg19293 View Post
    I certainly hope so. I'd prefer for Ash to get destroyed by a new pokemon than lose to clutzy Cameron with a 6 on 5 advantage. Plus it would mean he would achieve top 4 again - without using any pre-Unova pokes (except pikachu obviously), which for me would be slight progression.
    If Cameron wasn't an idiot, I WOULD let him beat Ash without me getting frustrated.

    But alas, this is not the case. I wish Bianca was the one here.

  21. #3446
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Wow this thread about one upcoming episode has becoming about every thing the series stands for. I guess it tells you just how much the anime still means to us and the importance of this next match.

  22. #3447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    Wow this thread about one upcoming episode has becoming about every thing the series stands for. I guess it tells you just how much the anime still means to us and the importance of this next match.
    What it really means is that Ash might just lose to a character with a battle quirk that many of us hate. It doesn't help there's blatant advertising affecting this, and that's being handled horribly. Whatever happens tomorrow will only lessen the hatedom this episode is causing.

    And it doesn't really help that a Lucario is involved in this. That's just going to spark the flames when it seemingly took over Mewtwo's role in Brawl six years ago.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 9th January 2013 at 4:28 PM.

  23. #3448
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Look at the Simpson's, despite the episodes always talking place in modern times, they haven't aged once in 24 years
    They have aged.. There are enough endings that show a elderly Homer.. Of course, these are flashforwards to a possible future..

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    What it really means is that Ash might just lose to a character with a battle quirk that many of us hate. It doesn't help there's blatant advertising affecting this, and that's being handled horribly. Whatever happens tomorrow will only lessen the hatedom this episode is causing.

    And it doesn't really help that a Lucario is involved in this. That's just going to spark the flames when it seemingly took over Mewtwo's role in Brawl six years ago.
    I don't think Brawl has ANYTHING to do with it.. Auraholic hate does though.. I'm sure of that.. It still lingers..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  24. #3449
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,261

    Default

    Locormus apparently the Auraholics are the ones more pissed about the situation, so I don't know about the haters lol...

    As for me I'll keep saying my only problem was how badly written the figth was, the whole 5 pokemon thing is just making the guy too retarded, he got 8 badges someone by now told him a full battle is 6vs6 and its even more stupid because he should have 6 pokemon with him, why not? he deposited the 6th pokemon and only brought 5 thats so freacking stupid and convinient to make a joke that shouildn't have been done.

    I still like Kotetsu and I have no problem with Lucario or Rioulo, I still remember people saying, look how smug he looks beating the girls , you guys must have problem with people with confidence I guess, Rioulo was confident in his skills who cares if he smiles like "Got you now!" heroes do that in animes and people say those are cool moments, none would be saying that to Snivy if she did it the other way around.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 9th January 2013 at 5:37 PM.

  25. #3450
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Locormus apparently the Auraholics are the ones more pissed about the situation, so I don't know about the haters lol...

    As for me I'll keep saying my only problem was how badly written the figth was, the whole 5 pokemon thing is just making the guy too retarded, he got 8 badges someone by now told him a full battle is 6vs6 and its even more stupid because he should have 6 pokemon with him, why not? he deposited the 6th pokemon and only brought 5 thats so freacking stupid and convinient to make a joke that shouildn't have been done.

    I still like Kotetsu and I have no problem with Lucario or Rioulo, I still remember people saying, look how smug he looks beating the girls , you guys must have problem with people with confidence I guess, Rioulo was confident in his skills who cares if he smiles like "Got you now!" heroes do that in animes and people say those are cool moments, none would be saying that to Snivy if she did it the other way around.
    Yeah Riolu was confident not smug. People were upset with Riolu grabbing Snivy's tail and then Force Palming her in the face but they had no problem with Snivy continuously slamming Riolu on the floor with Vine Whip. At this point I can care less who wins, I'm more concerned with how Episode N and Generation VI will work out. If Ash does lose this then 7 of his Pokemon would have gone without getting a major win in this lague.

Page 138 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •