Page 15 of 142 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    You're losing my respect Pokemanic, don't put words in the writers' mouths. That wasn't funny.
    This is obviously a joke. Excuse me for hating this League. Pokemon is still my favorite show ever but this was major letdown for me. Having said that, I don't think BW is as bad as some people are making it out to be. This League was really the first time I thought the writers dropped the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I fail to see what's so wrong about Ash's Pokemon losing to the Eevee evolutions. At least there's some variety there and Virgil is competent enough to give Ash a run for his money. But Kotetsu is just Tobias sans the Legendary Pokemon, but he still makes up for it by having one of his Pokemon evolve mid-battle and then using Hydreigon.
    I agree. Only because they aren't as "badass" as Pokemon like Samurott or Lucario doesn't make them unworthy for the League. And yeah, Virgil seems to have his head on his shoulders and doesn't have to constantly bang his head to think straight. :/
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 7th December 2012 at 9:03 PM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    My opinion, they trolled us pretty bad the entire series. Heres some moments of trolling..

-Bringing back some of Ash older Pokemon only to be used by some one one else
    Be objective.

Did anyone really, honestly believe or hope that Ash would bring back his 'OLD' reserves? It was made blatant that the entire purpose of giving Ash a rotating roster of 9 pkmn + Pikachu, was so that he could rely on his 'Isshu-region' pkmn and the power he garnered over the course of his Best Wishes journey, to challenge the Higaki conference. Once the league is over, then the door is open to anything, and if the Charizard that is believed to belong to Ash is indeed his, that proves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    This is obviously a joke. Excuse me for hating this League.
    Apparently it's a sin to even think that this League was an utter disaster; I sure hope God doesn't strike me with lightning. Seriously though, I see more people giving examples of why this League is so bad than I see people defending it with logic. The writers cannot be allowed to get away with all these atrocities. I mean it's bad enough that some of the rivals were beaten under ridiculous circumstances (Bianca's Emboar, anyone?) and that we got a filler in the middle of such an important event, but to have Kotetsu beat Ash with two (maybe even three?) hax Pokemon is just like rubbing salt in our wounds. I can only take so much trolling before I snap, and this saga is at the point of no return now.

This is hilarious. I bet the Champion League is definitely coming on right? A certain someone was wrong twice on the whole Ash will win the league.

Although I'm saddened that Ash won't face Virgil but I'm glad this league will be over and done with as I stated in previous thread. They messed it up form the beginning, first it was Trip being in the Top 128, then Bianca losing to Kotetsu, and then the Axew filler making them skip two full rounds.

The only consolation is that Ash vs Stephan looks to be a great battle and I guess some parts of Ash vs Kotetsu will be great. Technically all of his pokemon get at least one use.
    known wins in brackets

Pikachu - Top 128: Trip [Serperior] Top 8: Kotetsu [Samurott and Swanna]
    Unfezant - Top 8: Kotetsu
    Oshawott - Top 8: Kotetsu (?)
    Pignite - Top 8: Kotetsu
    Snivy- Top 8: Kotetsu
    Scraggy- Top 32: CotD [Darumaka]
    Leavanny- Top 16: Stephan
    Palpitoad- Top 16: Stephan
    Boldore- Top 8: Kotetsu
    Krookodile-Top 16: Stephan

I really hope Kotetsu doesn't show up later, Stephan may be done as well, but Trip, Bianca, and Virgil should continue appearing.

I'm guessing Pikachu [x2], Unfezant, Boldore, and Snivy get wins leaving Oshawott and Pignite as the fails of the match.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Apparently it's a sin to even think that this League was an utter disaster; I sure hope God doesn't strike me with lightning. Seriously though, I see more people giving examples of why this League is so bad than I see people defending it with logic. The writers cannot be allowed to get away with all these atrocities. I mean it's bad enough that some of the rivals were beaten under ridiculous circumstances (Bianca's Emboar, anyone?) and that we got a filler in the middle of such an important event, but to have Kotetsu beat Ash with two (maybe even three?) hax Pokemon is just like rubbing salt in our wounds. I can only take so much trolling before I snap, and this saga is at the point of no return now.
    I know exactly. Hero of Ideals is under the impression that no one should hate anything Pokemon does because if they do, they should just stop watching. The League did a lot of things wrong. If I didn't like Pokemon, I wouldn't care but the reason I am so passionate about it and talking about my disappointments is because I do care about Pokemon and I do care about the characters and the fact that the League screwed over every character with the exception of Kotetsu and Stephan is depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    Be objective.

Did anyone really, honestly believe or hope that Ash would bring back his 'OLD' reserves? It was made blatant that the entire purpose of giving Ash a rotating roster of 9 pkmn + Pikachu, was so that he could rely on his 'Isshu-region' pkmn and the power he garnered over the course of his Best Wishes journey, to challenge the Higaki conference. Once the league is over, then the door is open to anything, and if the Charizard that is believed to belong to Ash is indeed his, that proves it.
    Thats the trolling part, why use some of Ash's older pokemon?They could have used older generation Pokemon that didn't belong to Ash? At least in ,my opinion.

Also, never mind Heros, I lost respect for that man when he keeps arguing over opinions on Best Wishes.
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 7th December 2012 at 9:22 PM.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I don't know about you guys but the Pokemon League is the thing I look forward to the most every saga, and suprise suprise, the writers handly it poorly. I looked past all the bs in Best Wishes: Pikachu losing to a simpour and Snivy just a couple of episodes after it tied with a Latios, Ash's DEM wins in most of his battles (he relied on mid battle evolutions rather than strategy for a lot of them). I even overlooked the rushed 1vs1 donamite tournaments, but this is one step too far. Not only has Ash regressed by placing in the top 8, but he's losing to a scatterbrained kid who's around about the same age as him (I don't know about you guys but I'd prefer him to lose a "mature" rival). The writers skipped two of Ash's battles and kicked his main rival out in the prelims in a 1vs1 battle just so they could make room for a whole episode dedicated to Kibago getting lost. The only thing I can deduce from this is that writers don't care about the league, the whole thing reminds me of the Sinnoh Grand festival. Maybe in the next gen they can skip the pokemon league altogether and give Ash another quest, because I really don't feel like being trolled again -.-

I wasn't asking for the guy to win the thing, all I wanted was some continuity. Would it have killed the writers to let Ash place in the top 4? I always said that I would wait until the Pokemon League before commenting on the quality of the Best Wishes saga, and now that is all but confirmed that Ash will be placing in the top 8 I think it's safe to say that the whole saga was a step backwards. Undeveloped rivals, rushed battles, lack of strategy implemented into battles, the way in which the majority of Ash's Pokemon were poorly handled and most importantly, the fact that Ash has taken a backwards step by only reaching the top 8 this saga.

I can't wait for the writers to screw up episode N too. Can't wait.

So Virgil was a completely useless rival that Ash will never battle............... LOL
    Well, I can see Virgil helping out in the N saga
    And for once Ash is the one getting screwed over by something on the other side evolving >_>
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    perhaps this is karma's way of telling people to be careful of what they wish for.

Ever since Virgil was revealed, every single person on this board assumed he would be the one to beat Ash, the one to be in his way, but at the same time i recall constant complaining about how Ash losing to the eeveelutions would be "wrong" to occur after it took legendary pokemon to stop him in the sinnoh league.

But here we have Kotetsu with a Psuedo Legendary and a pokemon that can be regarded as a legendary, close enough to be "better" than losing to the eeveelutions right?
    That team with the two pseudo legendaries (as you put it) could also be the reason Ash beats Kotetsu, but then loses in the semifinals: no pokemon at full strength. If his Hydreigon is gonna be rampaging i can see several of ash's pokemon being too injured to continue into the next round (Harrison's Blaziken).

The fact that Ash is only using isshu pokemon and pikachu means, unlike with the sinnoh league, the writers can get away with normal pokemon being portrayed to E4-Champion proportions in comparison to Ash's current team, especially one with almost zero relevant battle related development on them. This, combined with a simple exhaustion subplot (which is already being portrayed starting in the ash/stephan battle), lets the writers drop Ash from the league as if he was some random CotD, even with main character status.

I can see ash having only pignite left and 30 seconds of Vaporeon hydropumping the pig into oblivion to give virgil the win. That and a shot of the scoreboard is all the writers need to do regarding that battle.

I really hope the smash preview tomorrow gives more information about the League and Best Wishes N because right now this saddens me.

The league is awful and Ash himself has been ruined.

This is the darkest day for Pokemon anime fans in a long time.

TBH maybe Virgil had to leave early to deal with a huge crisis so they made Satoshi vs Kotetsu the final match or something. Could be a brdige into the next arc with Plasma and bishie boy (Or maybe we get an hour showing on the 17th) Not saying it will happen just a thought

The saddest part is there is a 2 week break before this crap lol. It's like get it over with already writers -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Unless Zekrom interrupts the battle while its searching for Ash and that leads to the league ending early without a victor (to be completed at a later date), I'm going to be unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Unless Zekrom interrupts the battle while its searching for Ash and that leads to the league ending early without a victor (to be completed at a later date), I'm going to be unhappy.
    Prepare to be unhappy.

Only good part about this is that the rat is gonna get pwned.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    The saddest part is there is a 2 week break before this crap lol. It's like get it over with already writers -_-.
    why are you blaming the writers? its not there fault there's a break

I didn't expect Ash to win. I didn't expect him to get to the finals. But I expected better than this. Six episodes? With two battles just written out and a boring filler thrown into the middle? Two rivals being eliminated right at the start? Pikachu taking precedence even more than most leagues?

I usually give credit where due to the writers, but this is a pretty shoddy pay-off for two years of build-up. They shouldn't be in any rush, but this feels like Hoenn all over again only far worse.

And seriously, a newly-evolved Lucario is Ash's big foe for this league? Really? The 5th Generation has given them so many awesome options from Zoroark to Volcarona, and they pick a species Ash has already defeated?

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    why are you blaming the writers? its not there fault there's a break
    It's there fault for making this crappy league and episode <.<

Fine then who do I blame christmas??

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Prepare to be unhappy.

Only good part about this is that the rat is gonna get pwned.
    I am prepared. I've informed my mother to reinforce the house and warned her about the severity of my upcoming Pokemon-related rage.

She laughed and told me that i'm a complete sad act.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I am prepared. I've informed my mother to reinforce the house and warned her about the severity of my upcoming Pokemon-related rage.

She laughed and told me that i'm a complete sad act.
    Your mom should watch for for a little and then see why we rage lol.

Now I just really wonder who wins lol. I hope to god it isn't Kotetsu -_-. Out of everybody there I hope it's Katherine lol.

I do wonder what the purpose of that utterly pointless Axew and Oshawott episode was. I mean, lol, literally...it amounted to nothing other than Oshawott looking like an idiot and Axew just getting hugged at the end. They might have had a chance to squeeze a Virgil battle in had it not been for that episode.

I think Virgil himself is like the most pointless league rival ever.

I have another clue to give us hope for Ash winning the 4th place in the Unova League. Let's check Ash's previous defeats in other Leagues:
    + In Kanto: Charizard refused to battle.
    + In Johto: Charizard lost against Blaziken. Before him, Blaziken had defeated Bayleef without any difficulties.
    + In Hoenn: Pikachu lost against Tyson's Meowth. Before that, Pikachu had some difficulties to finally defeat Metagross (who defeated Swellow and Grovyle); then it has to battle against a fresh Meowth without any damage.
    + In Sinnoh: Darkrai defeated Heracross, Torkoal and Gible. Sceptile finally defeated Darkrai, but then it was Latios' turn. Latios defeated Sceptile and Swellow. The last battle was Latios vs Pikachu, with both Pokemon knocked out. Since Tobias still had 4 Pokemon, victory was his.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say, as far as we know, Riolu/Lucario battle against at least 3 of Ash's Pokemon: Unfezant, Snivy and Pikachu. If Riolu/Lucario has taken enough damage from his previous battles, there's still a chance for Pikachu to win. Then just like with Ritchie, we only see short clips of Ash vs Virgil, with Ash losing at the end. Making Ash losing in his first Full Battle in Unova League is not worthy. Something tells me Virgil could win the tournament.

Well, opinions?

Really, it would kinda suck if Ash loses his FIRST and ONLY full battle in this series.

Page 15 of 142 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast