Page 19 of 142 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    its called league conclusion so if ash does win his battle with virgil will last like 10 minutes idk if people will like that
    so im pretty sure kotetsu wins
    10 minutes this episode than like 6 the next isnt so bad... I mean, its not like Virgil has been around more than 6 episodes so who really cares how long the battle is if Ash will lose it anyway :/ And the summary itself makes it seem like Snivy is being challenged by Lucario and then Pikachu is sent out? And people already are hating on this league so who seriously cares how they would feel if the battle was only 10 minuets or so? They would be mad either way, there's no way to appeal to people who dont have any respect for something. I could see Snivy losing and then Pikachu vs Lucario in a 5 minuet heated battle like Sawk vs Throh and then we get a sort of quick battle against Virgil where Eevee either dominates his team or Umbreon, Espeon, and Eevee do together with each of them taking out 2 of Ash's Pokemon in the last 5 minuets of the episode.

Oshawott vs Espeon- Espeon
    Unfezant vs Espeon-Espeon
    Krokodile vs Espeon-Krokodile
    Krokodile vs Umbreon-Umbreon
    Scraggy vs Umbreon- Umbreon
    Snivy vs Umbreon- Snivy
    Snivy vs Eevee- Eevee
    Pikachu vs Eevee- Eevee

Each battle is 1 minuet each and then next episode we see Virgil lose and Ash says goodbye to everybody like he did in Hoenn and Sinnoh aka a rushed farewell :/
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Kotetsu was clearly invented to have Ash lose to a Lucario, like he was meant to in Sinnoh (IMO). I imagine they've had it planned since BW butted in on their Sinnoh League..

..and that would've been fine.. IF they'd written it well! But they've screwed it up, so they might as well have just not bothered.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

It looks like I was right earlier about Kotetsu beating Ash

This is strange though. You would think with all the Eeveelution marketing and the fact that the Eeveelutions are so popular that they would give Ash and Virgil an episode to battle it out and really show the battling techniques of the Eeveelutions but instead they are rushing the League to get to N.

I think the writers have resorted to the old "dangling a carrot in front of a horse" method of keeping viewers. Basically they just try to grab your interest with something that could be worthwhile and even amazing if done right, but they don't take the effort to actually make it good. They did it to us when they started to give Ash more pokemon, when TR changed, the Junior Cup, and appearance of old pokemon in the opening. Getting people's hopes up so they could continue to watch. People seemed excited about a long League with Virgil and Ash getting a really high position in the league, it turn out to be just a rushed arc with a filler in the middle of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    This is strange though. You would think with all the Eeveelution marketing and the fact that the Eeveelutions are so popular that they would give Ash and Virgil an episode to battle it out and really show the battling techniques of the Eeveelutions but instead they are rushing the League to get to N.
    I knew it wouldn't happen. Even in a 6 on 6 some Eevee forms would have to be excluded and they would never have Ash lose to an Eevee of all things in a league.

Lucario is still a big deal, sadly, so Ash can lose to it.

Its just a shame the league was really only 5 eps long, Ash regressed, and his Unova team is pitiful, and the rivalries are all horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I knew it wouldn't happen. Even in a 6 on 6 some Eevee forms would have to be excluded and they would never have Ash lose to an Eevee of all things in a league.

Lucario is still a big deal, sadly, so Ash can lose to it.

Its just a shame the league was really only 5 eps long, Ash regressed, and his Unova team is pitiful, and the rivalries are all horrid.

It's not just about the Pokémon, but the trainer too. It's an insult to Ash to lose to Kotetsu, even barely losing to Tyson made more sense

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

I remember when people were actually talking about how great it was of the writers to provide a "breather" episode in Kibago Gets Lost. Many were quick to give the benefit of the doubt to the writers. Not anymore. And even thought this episode is the conclusion to the league, I still think there is a very tiny possibility that Ash wins this battle.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondClass View Post
    I think the writers have resorted to the old "dangling a carrot in front of a horse" method of keeping viewers. Basically they just try to grab your interest with something that could be worthwhile and even amazing if done right, but they don't take the effort to actually make it good. They did it to us when they started to give Ash more pokemon, when TR changed, the Junior Cup, and appearance of old pokemon in the opening. Getting people's hopes up so they could continue to watch. People seemed excited about a long League with Virgil and Ash getting a really high position in the league, it turn out to be just a rushed arc with a filler in the middle of it.
    But the horse can refuse to take the carrot >_> It was your choice to let them pull you in and give you high hopes for different things. And in another light, this league is different and unique so let the new less judgmental generation learn that something being different is for the best. If this was a carbon-copy of the Sinnoh League then it would kind of suck imo... This league took a few dives and entertained the audience that it wanted to entertain not the people who were complain about it no matter what.

Ash fought his main rival in a 1vs1-New and original and focused on the Pikachu/Serperior rivalry in the end as well

Kotesu battled Bianca instead of Ash battling her-Eh, this was kind of disappointing but we got the Emboar vs Samurot battle and Riolu taking down a beast like Emboar would make Kotesu beating Ash somewhat acceptable

Strange episode put in the middle of the league-For fans who wanted an episode where we saw the rivals hang out for once instead of just battling the whole time this was a shippers paradise :3

Pikachu vs Lucario-Dare I say more?

This league has brought forth things that other sagas would not have dared to do, it took a dive and for the audience it was meant for it may and may not be a success.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

It's not just about the Pokémon, but the trainer too. It's an insult to Ash to lose to Kotetsu, even barely losing to Tyson made more sense
    I'm betting Kotetsu will win the entire league. I can see him beating Virgil.

Really? Ugh. Worst League winner ever if that's the case. Maybe people will leave Tobias alone now if Kotetsu beats Ash and wins the League.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Really? Ugh. Worst League winner ever if that's the case. Maybe people will leave Tobias alone now if Kotetsu beats Ash and wins the League.
    Kotetsu is the dark horse of the tournament. Also in the last two tournaments both Tyson and Tobias won the league after they beat Ash.

^^ i agree with this 100%

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    This league has brought forth things that other sagas would not have dared to do, it took a dive and for the audience it was meant for it may and may not be a success.
    It dared to be less eventful than previous leagues, and with less pay off from the story lines involving the rivals.

Kotetsu is the dark horse of the tournament. Also in the last two tournaments both Tyson and Tobias won the league after they beat Ash.
    Then Virgil really would be pointless. I mean he is already pointless because he serves no purpose in this League except to promote the Eeveelutions which could have been done in 1 episode (his debut one) but if he loses to Kotetsu, I really have to question Virgil's inclusion in the League even more.

*reads episode title*

Lucario versus Pikachu. Wow, subtle. Looks like Pikachu gets three wi-

Unova League Conclusion.
    Unova League Conclusion.

No. There's no way...

So, uhh, Ash loses to Kotetsu? I called that way before the League began, but I'm floored to see it happen. I just don't see Ash getting r@ped by Virgil in less than 20 minutes.

Bad news is that the Unova League lasted 6 episodes of battling. Simply Horrible!

Good news is that Ash loses in the top 8, (I think), so looks like he's rebooted.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Bad news is that the Unova League lasted 6 episodes of battling. Simply Horrible!
    Here we thought that the fast place was made to make the league longer XD

Good news is that Ash loses in the top 8, (I think), so looks like he's rebooted.
    How is this good news?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Here we thought that the fast place was made to make the league longer XD

Hopefully now it's to make the Plasma arc longer.

How is this good news?
    Because this League was godawful and his team didn't deserve top 4. It's much better to make him get worse this time and make him advance higher with better development next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Because this League was godawful and his team didn't deserve top 4. It's much better to make him get worse this time and make him advance higher with better development next time.
    As much as I want to agree with you... I still don't feel the Unova team deserves to get screwed like that.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

As much as I want to agree with you... I still don't feel the Unova team deserves to get screwed like that.
    I sort of agree. It's a bitter pill to swallow.

Unfezant is the Torterra of the Unova league (from what it looks like) that or Snivy and Oshawott

The writers have on multiple occasions have Ash lose big battles to otherwise weak pokemon after his plot powered pokemon have be tired out fighting stronger opponents. Tyson and Meowth come to mind, after Pikachu had already taken a significant amount of damage from his Metagross.

Virgil's eevee and its evolved forms sweeping Ash's weakened isshu team and a pikachu still battle-weary from a powerful lucario battle prior is a very realistic scenario, even by fandom standards.

Unfezant is the Torterra of the Unova league (from what it looks like) that or Snivy and Oshawott
    I'm pretty sure there will be more than one ~Torterra of the League~. At least one pokemon is getting screwed over in this battle and then you have the potential fall guy versus Stephan that won't have another battle if Ash does loses to Kotetsu. Screwing over because of Pikachu is the middle name of this League.

As if we've never been mislead by an episode title. Anyway, I'm gonna do like I always do and simply wait til the episode airs.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Page 19 of 142 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast