Page 23 of 142 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

  1. #551
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Poke no sekai ^^
    Posts
    114

    Default

    I think that the mere fact that Lucario is mentioned before Pika in the title says a lot!


    -Kurumayu-tachi " we can't wait to become sweeping samurai Hahakomories

    Minna no pokemon getto da ze~

  2. #552
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WingBlast View Post
    I think that the mere fact that Lucario is mentioned before Pika in the title says a lot!
    Lol, should we be rooting for Kotetsu then?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  3. #553
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,485

    Default

    I hadn't actually paid attention to that.. Makes it seem like the battle revolves around Kotetsu and that Ash is just 'the opponent'..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  4. #554
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I hadn't actually paid attention to that.. Makes it seem like the battle revolves around Kotetsu and that Ash is just 'the opponent'..
    Who knows, we might even get Kotetsu vs. Virgil after this.. and then Kotetsu can sweep the remaining CotD's for the title.. I mean Katherine is still in people.. :P
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  5. #555
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Poke no sekai ^^
    Posts
    114

    Default

    @ Locormus and ShinyChariZard:

    I think that writers/ ppl in charge of the anime will stop at nothing when it comes to advertising merch! they probably got too excited and their hormones hit the ceilings due to sales that they forgot who is the main protagonist XD


    -Kurumayu-tachi " we can't wait to become sweeping samurai Hahakomories

    Minna no pokemon getto da ze~

  6. #556
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I hadn't actually paid attention to that.. Makes it seem like the battle revolves around Kotetsu and that Ash is just 'the opponent'..
    I don't even get why Lucario is so promoted when its an old 4th gen Pokemon.

    Have the writers ever heavily promoted an old pokemon from a previous gen before when no remakes were involved?

  7. #557
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Hmm, without any remakes, I don't know. I think Lucario is the only one. :/

  8. #558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I don't even get why Lucario is so promoted when its an old 4th gen Pokemon.

    Have the writers ever heavily promoted an old pokemon from a previous gen before when no remakes were involved?
    Because ATLEAST they know what's the best Pokemon Generation.

  9. #559
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh/Athens
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I think,personally that Ash will loose in that match(otherwise i don't see why they named it unova conclusion),so i guess ash will come in top 8(correct me if i am wrong).I think after that they will include team plasma in the anime with N being evolved.Also team rocket will return to face team plasma...If all those are correct i don't see why they make those things in that way...

  10. #560
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    If Snivy doesn't get completely destroyed, this could be a good match up...If it does, then Pikachu's screwed. The only thing I would dislike if Ash loses is that he never got to have a battle with Virgil, which would make him the most pointless rival EVER behind Casey. A situation I could see happening if Ash wins is that they could fast forward to Ash's and Virgil's last Pokemon, where Ash gets defeated.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  11. #561
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    I still don't understand what's their problem in smply having six episodes for the league, they could have skipped one of the two Don Tournaments. How hard is it to give a detailled league with all possible rounds.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  12. #562
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    I still don't understand what's their problem in smply having six episodes for the league, they could have skipped one of the two Don Tournaments. How hard is it to give a detailled league with all possible rounds.
    They didnt need to skip the Don Tournaments to make the league bigger, they didnt do it because they didnt want to, this time they weren't in a rush, they shouldn't rush the league in any arc anyway.

  13. #563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    I still don't understand what's their problem in smply having six episodes for the league, they could have skipped one of the two Don Tournaments. How hard is it to give a detailled league with all possible rounds.
    There's absolutely no relation between these two.

  14. #564
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Holy eff, rushed league much? Honestly the axew episode was completely pointless, why have that in the middle of the league?
    Oh and question, why is everyone so against Pikachu getting 3 wins? I understand you want more wins for the others, but remember Pikachu is/should be at legendary status! Pikachu should be taking out like 4-6 pokemon in the league.
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  15. #565
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    sinnoh had one battle (ash vs paul) span THREE episodes, would we rather have like a 20 ep league lasting 2-3 months with every battle spanning an episode or two? Or have a fast paced league with only important battles being focused on lasting only 6 or so eps, I'd rather have the latter. I'm all for rushed leagues, especially since ash's team really isn't champion worthy this time around in my opinion, i say bring on N arc fast so we can get more evos or captures.

  16. #566
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Holy eff, rushed league much? Honestly the axew episode was completely pointless, why have that in the middle of the league?
    Oh and question, why is everyone so against Pikachu getting 3 wins? I understand you want more wins for the others, but remember Pikachu is/should be at legendary status! Pikachu should be taking out like 4-6 pokemon in the league.
    Because quite a few Unova Pokemon will have gained Torterra status because of him. Normally if this wasn't the last battle I wouldn't care, but since it is, why screw them over like that?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  17. #567
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    33

  18. #568
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Because quite a few Unova Pokemon will have gained Torterra status because of him. Normally if this wasn't the last battle I wouldn't care, but since it is, why screw them over like that?
    If by "Torterra status" you mean not having a win in the league then the same can be said in Sinnoh when the Oak'ed Pokemon took over the Sinnoh teams league. Every one of Ash's Pokemon is getting focus in a battle even if some may end up losing it :/ And since this could end up not being the last battle and the Pikachu vs Lucario could be just as long as Crustle vs Serperior and then they quickly announce Ash vs Virgil is next and they have a quickly rushed 6vs6 where Virgil's Espeon, Umbreon, and Eevee dominate Ash in less than 7 minuets! Does this sound worse than Ash losing to someone in the 4th round for the 3rd time? No. Because what everyone is complaining about is the rank he got not the actual length of the battle... Virgil could annihilate Ash but at least he would be in the top 4, now all we gotta do is hope that thats the pattern the writers are going with :/
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  19. #569
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    If by "Torterra status" you mean not having a win in the league then the same can be said in Sinnoh when the Oak'ed Pokemon took over the Sinnoh teams league. Every one of Ash's Pokemon is getting focus in a battle even if some may end up losing it :/ And since this could end up not being the last battle and the Pikachu vs Lucario could be just as long as Crustle vs Serperior and then they quickly announce Ash vs Virgil is next and they have a quickly rushed 6vs6 where Virgil's Espeon, Umbreon, and Eevee dominate Ash in less than 7 minuets! Does this sound worse than Ash losing to someone in the 4th round for the 3rd time? No. Because what everyone is complaining about is the rank he got not the actual length of the battle... Virgil could annihilate Ash but at least he would be in the top 4, now all we gotta do is hope that thats the pattern the writers are going with :/
    At least most of the Sinnoh Pokemon won a match in their own league. Heck, even the Johto team won matches in their own league despite the Kanto bunch taking most of the slots. And I honestly don't care about the placement (I figured this team was only worth Top 8) but the fact that we had to skip two rounds of the league over some silly disappearing act that Axew had to make a 4th time. I don't get the point of screwing the Unova team like that and I really don't understand why Virgil is even in the league. Even if what you say might be true, with the Eeveelutions dominating, that still means that some of Unova group will still have no on screen League wins...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  20. #570
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Errrrr. Right now I am hoping that this is not the last battle and N introduces himself in the league so we can at least see Ash vs Virgil.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

  21. #571
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    So a weak 1-on-1 battle against Trip, a 3-on-3 against Stephan, and watching Ash lose his only full battle is all we're getting? I'm really looking forward to this!
    Hey don't forget we got a stillscreen of Scraggy defeating a Darumaka! Best league ever!

  22. #572
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Groundedshock View Post
    Errrrr. Right now I am hoping that this is not the last battle and N introduces himself in the league so we can at least see Ash vs Virgil.
    Nope, league is completed says the first episode of the N arc
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  23. #573
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Groundedshock View Post
    Errrrr. Right now I am hoping that this is not the last battle and N introduces himself in the league so we can at least see Ash vs Virgil.
    He doesnt. N appears at the white ruins

  24. #574
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Hey don't forget we got a stillscreen of Scraggy defeating a Darumaka! Best league ever!
    For All the Ash-hater !!!!
    This prove how lazy Writer's really are !!!!
    So lazy that they couldn't afford to writer one more League episode.
    They prefer Ash to be defected by someone like Kotetsu and demoted to Top 8 rather then work a little bit more one episode .
    I know Ash can't win the League but atleast they could let Ash defect Kotetsu !!!!
    Anyway , Does the translation of the Manga scan out yet !!!

  25. #575
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In Rotation With Ash Ketchum
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Looking at what is happening with this saga, it looks like this league is a big let down, I guess I'm not surprised the way things have been going. I hoped Ash would get a little further in this league, hope things happen in this episode N Saga that is worthwhile.
    KROOKODILE!!!

Page 23 of 142 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •