Page 25 of 142 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by LDEJRuff View Post
    But how come it hasn't been mentioned on the main page yet?
    Because spoilers, or if you mean the title, then you'll need to wait.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I honestly don't see why Kotetsu was glorified like this. First he beats Bianca and now Ash.

In terms of the match-up I could see Hydreigon beating one or two Pokemon, and Riolu/Lucario taking down three. I'm honestly starting to think that Kotetsu's other Pokemon will just be fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I honestly don't see why Kotetsu was glorified like this. First he beats Bianca and now Ash.
    Not absolutely confirmed yet, I hope the "Fast finish of the battle at the beginning and then ash loses to virgil in the next 10 or so minutes" theory does happen

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    I'm honestly starting to think that Kotetsu's other Pokemon will just be fodder.
    That makes this even worse in my opinion. It just shows how un-balanced Kotetsu's team is and why he shouldn't be the one who defeats Ash. He's just not worthy. And Pikachu losing to Lucario is just terrible. It's the Veilstone City Gym battle all over again but instead of tying, Ash will lose against Lucario. How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Not absolutely confirmed yet, I hope the "Fast finish of the battle at the beginning and then ash loses to virgil in the next 10 or so minutes" theory does happen
    Yeah, let's have more rushed battles. That will definitely redeem this League.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I'm torn between that. I think Virgil deserves a full episode not just some big OHKO match. So I would just rather have Kotetsu beat him here and Virgil beat Kotetsu in the Top 4. That way Virgil can show up again in the future as he has yet to battle Ash and have Kotetsu fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    That makes this even worse in my opinion. It just shows how un-balanced Kotetsu's team is and why he shouldn't be the one who defeats Ash. He's just not worthy. And Pikachu losing to Lucario is just terrible. It's the Veilstone City Gym battle all over again but instead of tying, Ash will lose against Lucario. How sad.

I would actually prefer if his Ferrothorn, Swanna and 6th member lost quickly. Ferrothorn has been seen enough, the scan shows that Pikachu beats Swanna easily and his 6th member may be Gigalith so Boldore (if he doesn't get Hydreigon), Oshawott, or Snivy can get that win.

Wait hang on.. how do we know Kotetsu has Swanna?

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Wait hang on.. how do we know Kotetsu has Swanna?
    Manga scans

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Remind me of how Ash VS Tobias wasn't rushed... It was like OHKO, OHKO, OHKO, SCEPTILE, OHKO, OHKO, Pikachu. Ofc some weren't OHKO's but you get my point. And it doesnt have to be rushed... Imagine, Ash VS Kotetsu takes like 3-4 minutes to finish. Then 1 minute of set up, 14-15 mns of battle, 1 minute of goodbyes...
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 8th December 2012 at 9:59 PM.

You know what is weird that in The Greatest - Everyday! (Yes , the Japanese Opening) the show Pikachu battling a Lucario...did they foreshadow the final match of Ash in the Unova league or the battle between Lucario and Pikachu is a reused scenes from a episode that never happen in the sinnoh league?

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8_dCSfNIMA

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    You know what is weird that in The Greatest - Everyday! (Yes , the Japanese Opening) the show Pikachu battling a Lucario...did they foreshadow the final match of Ash in the Unova league or the battle between Lucario and Pikachu is a reused scenes from a episode that never happen in the sinnoh league?

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8_dCSfNIMA
    Right, an Infernape is making a comeback and fight Entei.

Sarcasm is included here, by the way.

I think its time that we just put the idea of Satoshi vs Virgil to rest! if we concentrate well on the league preview video we can see that Virgil and his Eevie are on the RIGHT side of the field meaning that it is not against Satoshi (If Crimgan wasn't enough of a proof). The video itself features the battles Satoshi will be in. They showed him battling against Kenyan and Kotetsu, but why not against Virgil? because he won't even make it to face him :/

Worst league ever?!! Yup XD

-Kurumayu-tachi " we can't wait to become sweeping samurai Hahakomories

Minna no pokemon getto da ze~

My question is why is Pikachu even being used again when Pignite is more of a sense factor? And yes Kotestu is just as worthy as any of the other rivals Ciccone. I would however wanted Virgil's team to be more of a threat than this dudes but Best Wishes has been unpredictable from the start.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    My question is why is Pikachu even being used again when Pignite is more of a sense factor? .
    your assuming Pignites still around at this point. chances are Ash is left with just Snivy & Pikachu by the time this episode begins

Quote Originally Posted by WingBlast View Post
    I think its time that we just put the idea of Satoshi vs Virgil to rest! if we concentrate well on the league preview video we can see that Virgil and his Eevie are on the RIGHT side of the field meaning that it is not against Satoshi (If Crimgan wasn't enough of a proof). The video itself features the battles Satoshi will be in. They showed him battling against Kenyan and Kotetsu, but why not against Virgil? because he won't even make it to face him :/

Your logic would fail if it's proven that Virgil is busy fighting another person in another stadium while Ash is busy fighting Derpy Kotetsu.

But it would be proven true if Kotetsu happens to own a Druddigon...

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    your assuming Pignites still around at this point. chances are Ash is left with just Snivy & Pikachu by the time this episode begins
    That still doesn't mean that Pignite or something else shouldn't used instead of Pikachu again. When will Ash learn that Pikachu can't take everything on? If only Buizel was here.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by WingBlast View Post

Eevee vs crimigan is more likely a top 8 or possibly a top 16 match. As for not showing Ash vs virgil, I see two possibilites

1) Virgil actually loses to the crimigan trainer

2) The only on screen portion of Ash's semifinal match or even final match is his last pokemon being KO'ed.

For all we know, Ash could actually win this league.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Your logic would fail if it's proven that Virgil is busy fighting another person in another stadium while Ash is busy fighting Derpy Kotetsu.

But it would be proven true if Kotetsu happens to own a Druddigon...
    Yeah, unlike the commonly found water types, dragon types in the anime are extremely hard to come by. I highly doubt Kotetsu owns two dragon type pokemon.

If Ash literally goes BACKWARDS I will be so pissed. He has to make it to the semi-finals. Anything else is poor writing and makes me feel like I've wasted two years of following this.

The irony is, if Ash hadn't helped Kotetsu to sign up to the league, he'd probably be 100% facing virgil.

At the moment, I think the chances are 50/50.
    Check out my Heart Gold Nuzlocke, here:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo2G...?feature=guide
    It's not half bad, if I say so myself.

NEW: Started a Black 2 Nuzlocke! Watch it on my channel. Subscribe and I'll sub back!

I've got to ask why are people beefing up an Ash Vs. Virgil more than they are Kotetsu? I've gotta be honest I think Ash's pokemon Vs The Eeveeloutions would be a terrible, terrible way to end to a competition. I don't know if anyone remembers fighting the Kimono sisters in the game but it really was nowhere near as epic as it was defeating a true vicious, epitome of horror like Lucario or Ghetsis Hydreigon. Pikachu Vs Eevee would just be...cliche I mean it wasn't interesting when they tried to do it with Tyson's Meowth. Lucario's always had a weird kind of presence in the anime and it'll be an awesome way for Ash to go out on.

Aura Sphere Vs. Electro Ball epic explosion.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Quote Originally Posted by JJB1003 View Post
    The irony is, if Ash hadn't helped Kotetsu to sign up to the league, he'd probably be 100% facing virgil.
    Oh my gosh this! Why haven't I thought of that? This is why it's not good to be super friendly to your rivals.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Oh my gosh this! Why haven't I thought of that? This is why it's not good to be super friendly to your rivals.
    Essentially, this show is telling us that in order to win, you have to be cold to your rivals, like Paul.
    That way you can win against other trainers.
    Except Ash...
    Um... endless circle anyone?

NEW: Started a Black 2 Nuzlocke! Watch it on my channel. Subscribe and I'll sub back!

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    I've got to ask why are people beefing up an Ash Vs. Virgil more than they are Kotetsu? I've gotta be honest I think Ash's pokemon Vs The Eeveeloutions would be a terrible, terrible way to end to a competition. I don't know if anyone remembers fighting the Kimono sisters in the game but it really was nowhere near as epic as it was defeating a true vicious, epitome of horror like Lucario or Ghetsis Hydreigon. Pikachu Vs Eevee would just be...cliche I mean it wasn't interesting when they tried to do it with Tyson's Meowth. Lucario's always had a weird kind of presence in the anime and it'll be an awesome way for Ash to go out on.

Aura Sphere Vs. Electro Ball epic explosion.
    Remember Pikachu's run with a boot-wearing Meowth? Yeah, that, and many other things, proves that anything can happen in a span of an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by JJB1003 View Post
    Essentially, this show is telling us that in order to win, you have to be cold to your rivals, like Paul.
    That way you can win against other trainers.
    Except Ash...
    Um... endless circle anyone?
    Yes but let's be honest...if Ash wasn't completely opposed to the rule the show would suck...although to be fair in Tobias's case of completely sweeping the tournament soley with Darkrai it was pretty entertaining in the build up.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Yes but let's be honest...if Ash wasn't completely opposed to the rule the show would suck...although to be fair in Tobias's case of completely sweeping the tournament soley with Darkrai it was pretty entertaining in the build up.
    :L good point. One thing about Tobia's Darkrai though is that I've always thought he would've had to grind it up for YEARS (not literal years, figurative) in order to sweep whole gyms and teams at leagues.
    If Ash put that much training into his pokemon, people would complain "The Anime's too slow, why does Ash have to be nice to everyone he meets, I don't want to see ANOTHER training scene with Palpitoad..."

Poor Ash. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Page 25 of 142 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast