Page 32 of 142 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Exactly how I feel. I don't think trading makes Boldore and other Pokemon evolve in the anime.
    Wait...that would be that Ash's Boldore would have evolved both times to win a battle....that sucks!

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Exactly how I feel. I don't think trading makes Boldore and other Pokemon evolve in the anime.
    I can honestly see Boldore evolving when Ash goes back to Kanto and his Pokeball gets traded between Professor's in different regions

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Wait...that would be that Ash's Boldore would have evolved both times to win a battle....that sucks!
    Depends on when and where the writers want to do it. I just don't see trading making it evolve. As long as it evolves, I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    I can honestly see Boldore evolving when Ash goes back to Kanto and his Pokeball gets traded between Professor's in different regions
    I don't know. Maybe they did change the way traded Pokemon evolve in the anime. :/

Tell me guys, if Boldore was to evolve against Hydreigon would this league still be a sucky as some of you make it out to be? :/ I'm also surprised that people have stopped making predictions that Papiltoad evolves despite having a battle on Thursday,weird.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    Tell me guys, if Boldore was to evolve against Hydreigon would this league still be a sucky as some of you make it out to be? :/ I'm also surprised that people have stopped making predictions that Papiltoad evolves despite having a battle on Thursday,weird.
    Yes. An evolution doesn't make a league, many things make a league. As for Palpitoad, I think it's because it learned a new move and it's been overshadowed by Leavanny and Krookodile

If that were to happen. I would be happy, but since I'm really not complaining about the League, my views on it won't change as much. :/

If that were to happen. I would be happy, but since I'm really not complaining about the League, my views on it won't change as much. :/
    I'm starting to doubt Boldore will evolve period.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    I'm starting to doubt Boldore will evolve period.
    It's gonna be weird seeing Boldore possibly defeat a Hydreigon after losing to a Koffing. Well it did get a win against a Reuniclus...that we didn't see much of

Yeah. I guess that going to be the last Pokemon to appear to be defeated by someone

I think people gave up on the League. In Japan, the first episode of the League got a 4.2 rating which was way down from Viirgil's episode which got a 5.8 rating. I think once people saw Trip is getting screwed over in the League, they gave up on it honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I think people gave up on the League. In Japan, the first episode of the League got a 4.2 rating which was way down from Viirgil's episode which got a 5.8 rating. I think once people saw Trip is getting screwed over in the League, they gave up on it honestly.
    But... flying crocodiles! D:

Wow that suck badly. I guess that why they are going to change to the N arc because of the low rating

Seriously?! Even more to show how this league is mediocre. I have a question...if the "target audience" is little children, why would there be such a difference in ratings in a situation like this? When I was younger I wouldn't look up spoilers, I'd watch the episode.

The writers probably had the entire league and half of the N arc done by the time the first league episode even aired. So the ratings could not have an effect on them blowing off the league.

Unlike the others, I am not as obsessed with evolution, so my answer is that nothing would really change. And quite honestly, I couldn't see it happening anyway since Boldore has to be traded in order for it to evolve; that's a fact we were reminded of by someone who works for the anime.

Well, technically there alot of things that could attribute to that like the fact that some of the target audience dont care for any league and they didnt wanna watch it that day. Then you also got look at the next episode and see the ratings that it got because you cant judge a whole arc based on one episode or should we judge every TR arc based on part 1 of it? Because I'm sure there are bound to be some "meh" ratings for those two, just saying :/ And they could have watched the Virgil episode and decided that they didnt want to watch the league because of him or they saw the preview and though the episode would be dumb so they didnt watch it... Or there wasnt enough cool Pokemon in the calender so they didnt watch it, there are alot of reasons why people dont watch episodes. And if I may ask, do you have the site where it shows the ratings of the episodes?

Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Well, technically there alot of things that could attribute to that like the fact that some of the target audience dont care for any league and they didnt wanna watch it that day. Then you also got look at the next episode and see the ratings that it got because you cant judge a whole arc based on one episode or should we judge every TR arc based on part 1 of it? Because I'm sure there are bound to be some "meh" ratings for those two, just saying :/ And they could have watched the Virgil episode and decided that they didnt want to watch the league because of him or they saw the preview and though the episode would be dumb so they didnt watch it... Or there wasnt enough cool Pokemon in the calender so they didnt watch it, there are alot of reasons why people dont watch episodes. And if I may ask, do you have the site where it shows the ratings of the episodes?
    Little kids wouldn't be excited for a huge tournament that Ash has been working up to for the whole series and over 100 episodes?

*Edit*
    I'm not 100% on this, but I would think that a difference of 1.6 in between episodes, especially for something as important as Ash VS Trip, isn't good. Isn't that what all the little kids would know was going on in the episode?
    Last edited by TheFonz; 10th December 2012 at 5:14 AM.

Little kids wouldn't be excited for a huge tournament that Ash has been working up to for the whole series and over 100 episodes?
    You nor I can speak for everyone who watches the show, some fans may just like to see cute Pokemon and thats why the Eevee episode had higher ratings because it was full of cute Pokemon. Not everyone in the fandom gives even a little bit of a care about Ash and his problems some of them watch episodes for specific reasons most likely and thus, they did not care about that episode. All I'm saying is that not every who watches this show cares about the league plain and simple.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would not want to watch the Climax of the Unova Region. I mean this is the League. Granted, I don't know if kids think of the League as much of a big deal as the older audience does but to see it lose over 1 million viewers in 1 week is a pretty big number. I could see older fans watching the trailer at the end of the Eevee episode and saying to themselves, "Trip is out first again?! The main rival of the region?! I think I am going to sit out on this one."

Also, I am not saying that the ratings were the reason the writers screwed up the Leagues. If anything the writers could have used the League to bring back viewers but they messed that up by making an underwhelming League. I don't know if I could post the site where I got the ratings from on this forum though but I think Trip is a lot more liked in Japan than he is here. Some of his most famous appearances (his five on five with Ash, Ash and Trip's thrid battle, the Alder episode and A Venipede Stampede) all got between 6 and 8 million viewers. We'll have to see how the rest of the ratings go in the League but it wouldn't surprise me if the move to have Trip have a 1 vs 1 battle with Ash in the first round of the League angered the Trip fans.

You nor I can speak for everyone who watches the show, some fans may just like to see cute Pokemon and thats why the Eevee episode had higher ratings because it was full of cute Pokemon. Not everyone in the fandom gives even a little bit of a care about Ash and his problems some of them watch episodes for specific reasons most likely and thus, they did not care about that episode. All I'm saying is that not every who watches this show cares about the league plain and simple.
    So what you're saying is that Ash, the main character, the climax of his adventure, and a part face of Pokemon, isn't that important?

I could see older fans watching the trailer at the end of the Eevee episode and saying to themselves, "Trip is out first again?! The main rival of the region?! I think I am going to sit out on this one."
    The opposite is what puzzles me...Pikachu VS Serperior wouldn't interest the little kids?

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for posting the ratings. The receipts obviously don't lie; this League has been the worst out of all of them. I thought that things would get better after the Johto League, but it's like the Leagues keep getting worse and worse. Oh well. I can only take solace in the fact that this one is ending and we won't have to deal with the next one for at least three years. Oh, and I'm dying to see how Ash will react when he loses to the same guy who almost missed the registration deadline for the League.

But I will say if that Virgil episode did get such high ratings because of the Eeveelutions, then the writers made a horrible HORRIBLE mistake not to give Ash and Virgil a battle.

But I will say if that Virgil episode did get such high ratings because of the Eeveelutions, then the writers made a horrible HORRIBLE mistake not to give Ash and Virgil a battle.
    I'd preferred Ash battled a strong COTD in the first round, then Virgil in the second.

It seems rather pointless to put Virgil in the anime and NOT have Ash battle him. Though given the circumstances, if Ash does battle Virgil...it's going to be a stomp.

The episodes are made many months in advance, not weeks before they air.

Page 32 of 142 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast