Page 33 of 142 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 825 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

  1. #801
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    13,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for posting the ratings. The receipts obviously don't lie; this League has been the worst out of all of them. I thought that things would get better after the Johto League, but it's like the Leagues keep getting worse and worse. Oh well. I can only take solace in the fact that this one is ending and we won't have to deal with the next one for at least three years. Oh, and I'm dying to see how Ash will react when he loses to the same guy who almost missed the registration deadline for the League.
    Hey!! The Hoenn league was pretty good for me...
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  2. #802
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    But I will say if that Virgil episode did get such high ratings because of the Eeveelutions, then the writers made a horrible HORRIBLE mistake not to give Ash and Virgil a battle.
    But the viewers would know that Virgil in the league, if they love Eeveelutions that much, wouldn't they tune into the league?

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    This league was over hyped, just like everything in Best Wishes.
    If it was overhyped, wouldn't the little kids be dying to see it? They most likely had no knowledge of alot of spoilers
    Last edited by TheFonz; 10th December 2012 at 5:34 AM.




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  3. #803
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    827

    Default

    This league was over hyped, just like everything in Best Wishes.

  4. #804
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    But the viewers would know that Virgil in the league, if they love Eeveelutions that much, wouldn't they tune into the league?
    That's true as well but maybe they saw the preview for the episode and knew that Ash wouldn't battle Virgil in the first episode of the League. I still think the decisions the writers are making are killing the ratings for the League though. There was a point where they were getting around 8 million viewers for BW. They better hope Episode N is ratings success for them.

  5. #805
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I find it hard to believe that anyone would not want to watch the Climax of the Unova Region. I mean this is the League. Granted, I don't know if kids think of the League as much of a big deal as the older audience does but to see it lose over 1 million viewers in 1 week is a pretty big number. I could see older fans watching the trailer at the end of the Eevee episode and saying to themselves, "Trip is out first again?! The main rival of the region?! I think I am going to sit out on this one."

    Also, I am not saying that the ratings were the reason the writers screwed up the Leagues. If anything the writers could have used the League to bring back viewers but they messed that up by making an underwhelming League. I don't know if I could post the site where I got the ratings from on this forum though but I think Trip is a lot more liked in Japan than he is here. Some of his most famous appearances (his five on five with Ash, Ash and Trip's thrid battle, the Alder episode and A Venipede Stampede) all got between 6 and 8 million viewers. We'll have to see how the rest of the ratings go in the League but it wouldn't surprise me if the move to have Trip have a 1 vs 1 battle with Ash in the first round of the League angered the Trip fans.
    But what was the previous episode about? Eeveelutions, right? Or were the ratings consistent before then too and the Iris episodes have higher ratings than the league? I understand what you guys are saying about Ash vs Trip being 1vs1 and all that but that isnt the only factor that could have caused the episode to have bad ratings, the episode was not appealing to them so they did not watch it no matter what the reason was they did not watch it for a certain reason and one case could be that some of them dont care for leagues and dont really care to watch them. To think that everyone who watches the anime cares about Ash's journey would be a pretty bold statement because some people watch episodes because of totally different reasons other than to see Ash battle. And even if they did lose the "older fans" the writers and TV Tokyo wont be grinding their teeth over it because if they cared about the older fans up to this point it would be a completely different ball game. If the older fans didnt care for the league thats not their problem the 1 million viewers who didnt want to watch the episodes could have had many different reasons for not wanting to watch it and true, one of them could be Ash vs Trip but there could be others. The younger audience probably stuck around for the league but the older more butthurt fans probably didnt for their own reasons. Just because this league doesnt appeal to you personally does not mean that is the worst it means that you dont like it and thats all (this isnt directed toward you, its more to Ciccone). And even if this was the climax of Ash's journey some people may not care, believe it or not some people who watch this show dont like Ash nor any of his rivals and watch the show for other reasons, when a new audience comes so do new ideals and you cant truly argue over someone's opinion, right?
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  6. #806
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    That's true as well but maybe they saw the preview for the episode and knew that Ash wouldn't battle Virgil in the first episode of the League. I still think the decisions the writers are making are killing the ratings for the League though. There was a point where they were getting around 8 million viewers for BW. They better hope Episode N is ratings success for them.
    When was BW getting 8 million viewers?

  7. #807
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,610

    Default

    Kids may care, kids may not care. But in the end, do they still watch it because its entertaining?

    I'm just saying. I don't think the best wishes league was the best, and I don't think it's had the same number of views as usual. I as a kid personally loved most of the fillers (and still kinda do...), and I liked watching most of it. The most impactful thing to me as a kid was when the characters changed (Surprisingly, when I heard May had to leave, I was very sad. (escpially cause I loved the 9th movie. Its my favorite X3) though then I hit puberty and I saw Dawn and the pretty special effects...I got rehooked after losing a slight interest.

    I don't think its so terrible writing that it can't tell a story, nor is it so terrible that it can't be entertaining...Infact, despite the fact I slightly complain whenever I'm serious about a discsuion, I'm still gonna enjoy the league just as much I normally would.

    I dunno...lo


    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  8. #808
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for posting the ratings. The receipts obviously don't lie; this League has been the worst out of all of them. I thought that things would get better after the Johto League, but it's like the Leagues keep getting worse and worse. Oh well. I can only take solace in the fact that this one is ending and we won't have to deal with the next one for at least three years. Oh, and I'm dying to see how Ash will react when he loses to the same guy who almost missed the registration deadline for the League.
    Not only that but basically the guy who he helped get his eighth badge and register for the league. But now a days Ash shows no real anger or sadness about losing. He barely reacted at all when he lost the Sinnoh League or when he got curbstomped by Trip in the Junior Cup or even any of his other loses. I know he has matured but he shouldn't try to act like everything is fine.

  9. #809
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Not only that but basically the guy who he helped get his eighth badge and register for the league. But now a days Ash shows no real anger or sadness about losing. He barely reacted at all when he lost the Sinnoh League or when he got curbstomped by Trip in the Junior Cup or even any of his other loses. I know he has matured but he shouldn't try to act like everything is fine.
    In sinnoh, he was just happy he beat two legends. As long as it was a good fight, he doesn't care nearly as much (Usually.)

    Remember when paul 6-2 'd him? he didn't wanna do much...lol Since he's never really felt much angst towards the other rivals, he's not nearly as pissed or upset. Though showing a little dissappointment would of been good, I don't think I would show direct disappointment after the match, I would of been to hyped up. It probably would of been in secret...but oh well. this pokemon xD


    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  10. #810
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    In sinnoh, he was just happy he beat two legends. As long as it was a good fight, he doesn't care nearly as much (Usually.)

    Remember when paul 6-2 'd him? he didn't wanna do much...lol Since he's never really felt much angst towards the other rivals, he's not nearly as pissed or upset. Though showing a little dissappointment would of been good, I don't think I would show direct disappointment after the match, I would of been to hyped up. It probably would of been in secret...but oh well. this pokemon xD
    Yeah but he was getting whipped around left and right throughout the entire Unova region by beginning trainers, I wish he could have show some annoyance. Kinda like in the Junior Cup with Burgundy and Georgia.

  11. #811
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Yeah but he was getting whipped around left and right throughout the entire Unova region by beginning trainers, I wish he could have show some annoyance. Kinda like in the Junior Cup with Burgundy and Georgia.
    Yeah this kinda stuff goes against how people say that Ash has more personality and emotion this series. The Ash I know would go crazy, he barely even reacted against Seamus




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  12. #812
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    When was BW getting 8 million viewers?
    Toward the beginning. In fact, the first episode (which was an hour long special that included the first 2 episodes) got 9.3 million viewers.

  13. #813
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Toward the beginning. In fact, the first episode (which was an hour long special that included the first 2 episodes) got 9.3 million viewers.
    Best Wishes was the most.promoted series.ever. And yet something as advertised like the league gets half of that 2 years later?

    Everyone had the best wishes for Best Wishes...




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  14. #814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    It seems rather pointless to put Virgil in the anime and NOT have Ash battle him. Though given the circumstances, if Ash does battle Virgil...it's going to be a stomp.
    Yes, Virgil is like the Nando of this series only less intresting which I didn't think was possible. Trip was Kenny of Best Wishes, fun.
    I am hoping for a fight but don't know.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  15. #815
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Yes, Virgil is like the Nando of this series only less intresting which I didn't think was possible. Trip was Kenny of Best Wishes, fun.
    I am hoping for a fight but don't know.
    Atleast Trip actually got to battle his main rival before losing. Kenny was out after the Appeals Round and didn't even get to battle Dawn. It was the same with Bianca who lost to Kotetsu and never got to battle Ash. Say what you will about Trip getting screwed over but atleast he got his battle with Ash. It could have been much worse. He could have never got to face Ash at all during the League.

  16. #816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Atleast Trip actually got to battle his main rival before losing. Kenny was out after the Appeals Round and didn't even get to battle Dawn. It was the same with Bianca who lost to Kotetsu and never got to battle Ash. Say what you will about Trip getting screwed over but atleast he got his battle with Ash. It could have been much worse. He could have never got to face Ash at all during the League.
    I suppose thats true, poor Kenny even treated worse than TripXD
    I wonder who the writers hated the most, Trip or Kenny? I'd like to see them travel together HA.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  17. #817
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I suppose thats true, poor Kenny even treated worse than TripXD
    I wonder who the writers hated the most, Trip or Kenny? I'd like to see them travel together HA.
    I doubt the writers hate any of their characters. If a character gets treated poorly, it either comes down to incompetence, listening to a very vocal fanbase or a combination of both. But I doubt Trip and Kenny got screwed over because the writers hate them. And even Kenny got a nice farewell episode after his loss in the Grand Festival. Hopefully this isn't the last we see of Trip.

  18. #818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I doubt the writers hate any of their characters. If a character gets treated poorly, it either comes down to incompetence, listening to a very vocal fanbase or a combination of both. But I doubt Trip and Kenny got screwed over because the writers hate them. And even Kenny got a nice farewell episode after his loss in the Grand Festival. Hopefully this isn't the last we see of Trip.
    Well thats true, Trip/Nando/Kenny aren't too popular with the fandom are they? At times I do think they listen to the fans, N being the most popular character in the games coming into the anime???? Right...
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  19. #819
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    N being the most popular character in the games coming into the anime???? Right...
    Well, of course. They were never going to exclude N when this guy will probably give them huge ratings.

  20. #820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Well, of course. They were never going to exclude N when this guy will probably give them huge ratings.
    I wonder if they knew this league would be let down with the ratings and thought bringing in a popular character such as N would help?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  21. #821
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I wonder if they knew this league would be let down with the ratings and thought bringing in a popular character such as N would help?
    I think they know they failed big time.They had a good plot before the earthquake but then everything changed.And now,that things have somewhat settled,they can reintroduce the original N/Team Plasma plot.

  22. #822
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    *Behind you* Boo
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I doubt the writers hate any of their characters. If a character gets treated poorly, it either comes down to incompetence, listening to a very vocal fanbase or a combination of both. But I doubt Trip and Kenny got screwed over because the writers hate them. And even Kenny got a nice farewell episode after his loss in the Grand Festival. Hopefully this isn't the last we see of Trip.
    It kind of didn't help Kenny's character that his farewell episode practically have him treat Dawn like a trophy.

  23. #823
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Who's saying anything about the last two minutes?

    Realistically, the Kotetsu battle could be well over in the first five minutes of BW2-24
    - Recap and Snivy vs. Lucario: Lucario: 2 minutes
    - Pikachu vs. Lucario: Pikachu 3 minutes
    - 3 minute interruption, it's not as if they have to show other rival battles anymore so this works.
    - 10 minutes left for a full battle.
    - 3 minutes left to end the league.
    ---------------------------------------------------+
    - 21 minutes.



    True.. But when the fanboys started coming up with arguments like 'being more versatile' I started resenting it. He has a team consisting of six types, something that Ash in only one way can achieve, and that's by double covering types: The pokemon matching the Water/Ground/Dark/Fighting/Fire-types and either Boldore, Snivy or Pikachu.



    Who the heck do you think you are saying that you are a leader? That's just ridiculous, everybody has their own opinions. I also thought that Kotetsu probably would be the last opponent.. I don't listen to you.. xD
    I was the one brave enough to call out all the Vergil backers < thus leader but yeah you're right the figure would be closer to about 5 or 6 people or so.

  24. #824
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,596

    Default

    with the speed of the battles through BW I wouldn't be surprised if Ash vs Koet starts in BW22! and finishes in early BW24!

    I just hope the writers don't put Ash to TOP 8 status again! I can't take it anymore!
    Lucario vs Pika should be a good one!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

  25. #825
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,228

    Default

    I felt like they didn't like Trip so they kicked him out so they don't have to deal with him for the rest of the year.

Page 33 of 142 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •