Page 35 of 142 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    No one really wanted Tepig to evolve? Not really sure
    I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that Japan has very different tastes than us Murricans. Apparently they like cute Pokemon while we like Pokemon that can fight. It really bugs me, since the writers focus on their main fanbase more then they do with us, so that probably explains why the starters got so much screentime.

It really bugs me, evolution is a sign that Ash is progressing as a trainer, this especially prevalent in DP and for some reason they made him regress.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that Japan has very different tastes than us Murricans. Apparently they like cute Pokemon while we like Pokemon that can fight. It really bugs me, since the writers focus on their main fanbase more then they do with us, so that probably explains why the starters got so much screentime.

It really bugs me, evolution is a sign that Ash is progressing as a trainer, this especially prevalent in DP and for some reason they made him regress.
    Oddly enough, Chimchar's and Turtwig's evolution episodes received relatively great ratings (each got 6's)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    ^^ ya thats what i meant
    Really he was tied to a pole, almost starver to death and psyclocally was broken when he heard that it trainer did abandon him. I can feel sorry for him

Oddly enough, Chimchar's and Turtwig's evolution episodes received relatively great ratings (each got 6's)
    How does the rating system over there even work?

Uh... I'm not really sure
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Surely that's a sign that they need to step up their game? Heck they could just make a region where Ash competes for the badges with not only his new 'six member' team, but his older reserves too in some really difficult battles, evolving some oldies and some newbies. Then make a great league like they actually could've done this time, with Ash actually progressing. Involve a couple of Single/Double/Tag battle tournaments, along with a well maintained villain arc AND hold onto Team Rocket, while having a few more past cameo's!

They could do it and I'm 100% sure it'd boost their ratings! They have 3+ years worth of episodes and what do they do? Spaff it away on Axew getting lost..

I'll have to repeat it, but that's because Gen IV was the best both Anime-wise and Gaming/Spin-off Gaming-wise. Underrated on all the forums, but the sales and other numbers say otherwise than the Internet.
    Last edited by Nightstar1994; 10th December 2012 at 9:08 PM.

It's simple. They just do a comparison between the amount of people watching the episode compared to the total population in Japan. People watching / pop. of Japan * 100 = % of people watching.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    They could do it and I'm 100% sure it'd boost their ratings! They have 3+ years worth of episodes and what do they do? Spaff it away on Axew getting lost..
    Like I said, their main fanbase likes the cute Pokemon stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    I'll have to repeat it, but that's because Gen IV was the best both Anime-wise and Gaming/Spin-off Gaming-wise. Underrated on all the forums, but the sales and other numbers say otherwise than the Internet.
    But it was too long of a anime

Red face Of course it's interrupted! X3

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    So it looks like Kotetsu does beat Ash then. Or the league is interupted
    Because of Team Plasma! Just like the game!
    You rush to the final stage and... Puf! N appears!
    Galactic
    Rocket
    Aqua
    Magma
    Plasma
    Snagem
    So, Professor Oak is the superboss?

To further support my theory of Ash beating Kotetsu...

Think. Why would the writers give the fight two episodes? They surely know that it would be anti-climatic for Ash's hard work in the battle to end up badly for him. The previous fight which DID end with Ash losing after two episodes was against Paul after Candice's Gym Battle, but that was just a normal fight in the wild, which didn't hold as much importance as a league battle.

I predict that this will turn out like the battle against Gary: two of the most popular Pokemon fight each other to death like Charizard VS. Blastoise.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    To further support my theory of Ash beating Kotetsu...

Think. Why would the writers give the fight two episodes? They surely know that it would be anti-climatic for Ash's hard work in the battle to end up badly for him.
    Wait what, hard work? You do realize that Ash barely trained in this saga, right? He doesn't deserve praise for something he didn't do. Besides, the writers love anti-climactic endings. We got that during the last League and that's what we're probably going to get here.

I think that Ash will win. Maybe the writer will give Ash a break of once

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Wait what, hard work? You do realize that Ash barely trained in this saga, right? Besides, the writers love anti-climactic ends. We got that during the last League and that's what we're probably going to get here.
    Blame BW for making Sinnoh have a bad last battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Wait what, hard work? You do realize that Ash barely trained in this saga, right? Besides, the writers love anti-climactic ends. We got that during the last League and that's what we're probably going to get here.
    Hate to say this, but I guess you're right on that.

But I'm calling it. Two episodes for a single battle should settle things between Ash and Failtetsu.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Think. Why would the writers give the fight two episodes? They surely know that it would be anti-climatic for Ash's hard work in the battle to end up badly for him.
    I can see what you're saying, but it's already happened twice now against Harrison in Johto and Tyson in Hoenn. This will mark the third, unless he does happen to win which seems very unlikely.

Blame BW for making Sinnoh have a bad last battle.
    Ash vs Tobias/Takuto (As i prefer to call him that) was a great battle. Even if people will call him an undeveloped character, he was still awesome to me. Why? Mysterious, and thanks to him we saw how Ash improved to even beat 2 Legendaries by anime standards.

The battle with him also used a great soundtrack, especially the part when Pikachu was constantly thunderbolting Latios. BW lacks a good soundtrack, i don't get why didn't they start reusing old BGMs with Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Dumber, maybe. But let's not act as if Ash hasn't be losing to a bunch of people less experience then him for some time. Besides, nothing says for sure that Ash will lose.
    There's a huge difference between the two though, Ash is the main character, we're following his adventures, Ash has been through 5 regions and 2 side quests. Kotetsu has been shown beating Marlon in a mediocre-ly( Idk if that's a word haha) written battle. That is all that Kotetsu has before the league, and even then...he beat Bianca and a CotD. That's it. And it may not be confirmed, but it's looking like that Ash losing or having a rushed last battle if the League is over in this episode

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Maybe that's because it wouldn't matter if Ash would get upset or not. It will be his fault and his alone for not training properly for those kinds of things. No one else is to blame so why be mad?
    I didn't mean he'd get mad at Kotetsu. If I did worse than before I'd get mad at myself and the situation. That is what I mean. Ash wasn't mad or crying because of Ritchie in the Indigo League. He was upset that he lost, which I would think is how he would react to regressing. But Ash doesn't seem to be the same exact character that has grown through OS, AG, and DP
    Last edited by TheFonz; 10th December 2012 at 9:51 PM.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Ash vs Tobias/Takuto (As i prefer to call him that) was a great battle. Even if people will call him an undeveloped character, he was still awesome to me. Why? Mysterious, and thanks to him we saw how Ash improved to even beat 2 Legendaries by anime standards.

The battle with him also used a great soundtrack, especially the part when Pikachu was constantly thunderbolting Latios. BW lacks a good soundtrack, i don't get why didn't they start reusing old BGMs with Season 2.
    I can partially agree with that.. Heracross, Sceptile, Gible and Pikachu fought valiantly and made it an enjoyable battle. However I was let down by Torkoal and Swellow's defeats. They were actually useless and that upset me a little. Torkoal could've done so much better, considering he's stood up to a Registeel and Swellow could've easily switched places with Glalie, who would've had a nice type advantage against Latios.. They could've allowed Ash to lose four Pokemon while taking out Darkrai and Latios, switching out Gible after Draco Meteor missed Darkrai, to keep it alive. Then sent it out again against a Lucario before the fully charged Pikachu came in to either tie with it or finish it off and go on to lose quickly to Entei or something..

Then we would'nt have to sit through it now in the wrong league..

I can partially agree with that.. Heracross, Sceptile, Gible and Pikachu fought valiantly and made it an enjoyable battle. However I was let down by Torkoal and Swellow's defeats. They were actually useless and that upset me a little. Torkoal could've done so much better, considering he's stood up to a Registeel and Swellow could've easily switched places with Glalie, who would've had a nice type advantage against Latios.. They could've allowed Ash to lose four Pokemon while taking out Darkrai and Latios, switching out Gible after Draco Meteor missed Darkrai, to keep it alive. Then sent it out again against a Lucario before the fully charged Pikachu came in to either tie with it or finish it off and go on to lose quickly to Entei or something..

Minus Gible and Heracross (who were both chosen because of their Fighting moves and Heracross's typing) all the Pokemon Ash chose had all fought legendary Pokemon. Sceptile and Swellow did well against Deoxy's in that Ranger episode. Not sure why Swellow didn't do well though

I can partially agree with that.. Heracross, Sceptile, Gible and Pikachu fought valiantly and made it an enjoyable battle. However I was let down by Torkoal and Swellow's defeats. They were actually useless and that upset me a little. Torkoal could've done so much better, considering he's stood up to a Registeel and Swellow could've easily switched places with Glalie, who would've had a nice type advantage against Latios.. They could've allowed Ash to lose four Pokemon while taking out Darkrai and Latios, switching out Gible after Draco Meteor missed Darkrai, to keep it alive. Then sent it out again against a Lucario before the fully charged Pikachu came in to either tie with it or finish it off and go on to lose quickly to QEntei or something..

Makes perfect sense. All they needed was one more episode!

Minus Gible and Heracross (who were both chosen because of their Fighting moves and Heracross's typing) all the Pokemon Ash chose had all fought legendary Pokemon. Sceptile and Swellow did well against Deoxy's in that Ranger episode. Not sure why Swellow didn't do well though

Exactly! Swellow never sucked like that before. When has it ever gone down in one hit(not counting Taillow)

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Probably to glorify Latios which was used to glorify Pikachu

All these friendly rivals are making Ash content with failure. He needs a rival who tells him he's pathetic every once in a while to spur him on to do better ;- *sigh* how I miss paul... ;(

So...

Who thinks Ash will win this and have a decent battle against Virgil?

Page 35 of 142 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast