Page 37 of 142 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    No. Ratings "aren't as good as they used to be" because people watch less television in general. It's not Pokemon's ratings that have dropped, it's the ratings of everything on TV everywhere. It has nothing to do with the content of the material, it has to do with the fact that they're TV programs.

As for the ratings themselves... you guys don't really seem to understand how good these ratings are. Ratings in the 5s are amazing. It's one of the most popular cartoons on TV in Japan, most of the cartoons that get higher ratings are long-running family shows rather than shows aimed primarily at children, and it's the most popular "let's push this toyline/video game franchise" cartoon show by far.
    Best Wishes doesn't have low ratings. It has extremely high ones. It's incredibly successful, and it's not going anywhere.

Yes, it was Golden Week.

That's the reason so few were watching, not some ridiculous conspiracy theory that the audience hate Pokabu so much half of them will skip watching the show because it gets a focus episode. Get real.
    Yeah if we look at the TOP 10 animes most of them actually dropped a litte not just pokemon.

Lol tks for putting to rest that stupid theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that Japan has very different tastes than us Murricans. Apparently they like cute Pokemon while we like Pokemon that can fight. It really bugs me, since the writers focus on their main fanbase more then they do with us, so that probably explains why the starters got so much screentime.

It really bugs me, evolution is a sign that Ash is progressing as a trainer, this especially prevalent in DP and for some reason they made him regress.
    Speak for yourself...

You can't count that well apparently. Lets count the number of evolutions:
    - DP (not counting Quilava as it evolved without Ash doing anything..or you can, and then there's still Gigalith waiting to evolve):
    1. Staravia
    2. Gliscor
    3. Grotle
    4. Staraptor
    5. Monferno
    6. Torterra
    7. Infernape
    - BW:
    1. Tranquill
    2. Swadloon
    3. Boldore
    4. Unfezant
    5. Leavanny
    6. Pignite
    7. Krookodile
    8. Gigalith is the best bet of going next looking at the summary..

That being said, Ash also has caught more pokemon, hatched a pokemon, and captured several pokemon in their evolved states.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoku View Post
    I was the one brave enough to call out all the Vergil backers < thus leader but yeah you're right the figure would be closer to about 5 or 6 people or so.
    Nah, I did so too.. You're giving yourself too much credit.. I sincerely called out Virgil fans for believing in him without having any kind of proof, likenessing their belief in him as a christian believes in a god: without proof... You're not 'the one' of anything.. Let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    I felt like they didn't like Trip so they kicked him out so they don't have to deal with him for the rest of the year.
    Or, they didn't want him to overshine the league like they made him do in the Junior Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Thanks. So generally, viewership of the league beginning has always been less then before, not so much unique to BW.

One last question if it's not to much: Which saga has more lower rating episodes compared to higher rating ones?

And therein lies the point. We've seen Ash lose to various types of people. It's hardly as if he only loses to the best of the best. It's pretty much all about luck. Between the comic preview and revelation of a "out of control secret weapon", it's not as if Ash isn't being implied to be having the advantage. We've already established that winning through an out of control pokemon isn't a real win anyway.

As mentioned repeatedly, we've had several episode titles imply a major full episode battle that ended up only taking up the first few minutes. We could easily have a repeat, with Ash vs Kotetsu concluding in the first five minutes. Given that Ash and gang are still at the stadium next episode, it's not that out of the question.
    It depends on where you put the cap at... Look at Battle Frontier, the top rating was 7.5% (vs. Regirock), the lowest was 4% (Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing). Only three episodes got 7% or higher, the aforementioned, and 'The Safron Con', and 'Pasta la Vista'..So we're looking at a majority of episodes with ratings between 4 and 6.9%. If you compare this to Kanto, which lowest rating was 8.3% (and the only rating with no double digits during that arc, then Battle Frontier obviously had no high ratings at all.

Fun facts:
    1. The least watched episode during the original airing in Japan is an evolution episode
    2. The best watched episode during the original airing of all time is this one...
    3. The only two episodes to out perform the worst episode of Kanto during the original airings in the recent two series are DP1, and BW1..
    4. The last episode to outperform Kanto's worst aired more then eight years ago...and was Love, Petalburg Style... AG69.
    Last edited by Locormus; 11th December 2012 at 2:11 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Of course, it looks like Ash is ahead 2 or 3-1 at worst. That's what makes it hurt worse if Ash loses. Sure luck may be a factor, but in the other leagues starting at Johto, Ash lost with style against good opponents
    Presuming he does lose, and I'm still not convince given the most recent info, how do you know he won't lose with style? If it seemingly takes an out of control Hydreigon to turn the tide of battle, one that still gets defeated in the end to clear the field for Riolu/Lucario, I'm not seeing how it's a dig on Ash. It wouldn't be as if he's losing to better tactics or skills.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Only the first twelve episodes have generally high ratings of 7 to 8 (first two being a double special getting a 9.3). The only other episodes to get at least 7's in BW seem to be Dento based ones if I remember correctly
    Actually, only the Detective Cilan w/ Cubchoo episode in BW2 got 7.0. The only other episodes to get 7 after the earthquake was the Team Rocket Nimbasa Subway 2-parter.

Also, the episodes after the first twelve and before the earthquake happened frequently got 7 as well. BW's ratings were highest during Team Rocket's black uniform days.

Still, Dephender is right in that BW's normal routine of getting 5 in the ratings is very impressively high for a kid's cartoon show. The only time BW got consistently unimpressive ratings was the 3-month period in 2012 after the Gym Battle with Skyla and before BW2 started (though it did have a notable upswing during the Donamite arc, which is understandable.)
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 11th December 2012 at 7:32 PM. Reason: q

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    BW's ratings were highest during Team Rocket's black uniform days.
    Well thats understandable as it was something new and different in the 15 years of the anime history. So, it would obviously gather a lot of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Presuming he does lose, and I'm still not convince given the most recent info, how do you know he won't lose with style? If it seemingly takes an out of control Hydreigon to turn the tide of battle, one that still gets defeated in the end to clear the field for Riolu/Lucario, I'm not seeing how it's a dig on Ash. It wouldn't be as if he's losing to better tactics or skills.
    I think that's the point.. If he loses to a guy with an uncontrollable Hydreigon, what does that say about Ash?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I think that's the point.. If he loses to a guy with an uncontrollable Hydreigon, what does that say about Ash?
    Exactly. Ash was able to beat Iris's Dragonite when it was rampaging. From what it looks like, Hydreigon might take out Pignite, Oshawott(I'm assuming it's being used and I can see it getting 1HKOed like other times), and Boldore will either tie or just barely take it out. That's half of his team because of disobedience, that's ridiculous!

I hope I'm wrong though

Speak for yourself

Nah, I did so too.. You're giving yourself too much credit.. I sincerely called out Virgil fans for believing in him without having any kind of proof, likenessing their belief in him as a christian believes in a god: without proof... You're not 'the one' of anything.. Let it go.
    Take your own advice >_< no idea how that's relevant
    Last edited by TheFonz; 11th December 2012 at 8:14 PM.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Speak for yourself...

You can't count that well apparently. Lets count the number of evolutions:
    - DP (not counting Quilava as it evolved without Ash doing anything..or you can, and then there's still Gigalith waiting to evolve):
    1. Staravia
    2. Gliscor
    3. Grotle
    4. Staraptor
    5. Monferno
    6. Torterra
    7. Infernape
    - BW:
    1. Tranquill
    2. Swadloon
    3. Boldore
    4. Unfezant
    5. Leavanny
    6. Pignite
    7. Krookodile
    8. Gigalith is the best bet of going next looking at the summary..

That being said, Ash also has caught more pokemon, hatched a pokemon, and captured several pokemon in their evolved states.

Or, they didn't want him to overshine the league like they made him do in the Junior Cup?

It depends on where you put the cap at... Look at Battle Frontier, the top rating was 7.5% (vs. Regirock), the lowest was 4% (Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing). Only three episodes got 7% or higher, the aforementioned, and 'The Safron Con', and 'Pasta la Vista'..So we're looking at a majority of episodes with ratings between 4 and 6.9%. If you compare this to Kanto, which lowest rating was 8.3% (and the only rating with no double digits during that arc, then Battle Frontier obviously had no high ratings at all.

Fun facts:
    1. The least watched episode during the original airing in Japan is an evolution episode
    2. The best watched episode during the original airing of all time is this one...
    3. The only two episodes to out perform the worst episode of Kanto during the original airings in the recent two series are DP1, and BW1..
    4. The last episode to outperform Kanto's worst aired more then eight years ago...and was Love, Petalburg Style... AG69.
    where has it been seen or said that boldore will evolve? :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Umm why are rating the topic now? Just wondering.

Exactly. Ash was able to beat Iris's Dragonite when it was rampaging. From what it looks like, Hydreigon might take out Pignite, Oshawott(I'm assuming it's being used and I can see it getting 1HKOed like other times), and Boldore will either tie or just barely take it out. That's half of his team because of disobedience, that's ridiculous!

I hope I'm wrong though
    Hydreigon might be Kotetsu's 4th pokemon to turn the tides around. Don't forget it was Krookodile that beat Dragonite, he's not being used here.

Pikachu, Unfezant, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, and Boldore.

What i'm thinking happens.

Pignite vs Ferrothorn : Pignite wins.
    Pignite vs Samurott : Pignite is recalled.
    Pikachu vs Samurott : Pikachu wins.
    Pikachu vs Swanna : Pikachu wins.
    (Kotetsu thinks it's all over as he thought it was a 3 vs 3, then sends out his secret weapon, Pikachu is recalled)
    Pignite vs Hydreigon : Hydreigon wins.
    Oshawott vs Hydreigon : Hydreigon wins.
    Boldore vs Hydreigon : Draw.
    Unfezant vs Unknown Pokemon : Unfezant.
    Unfezant vs Riolu : Riolu Evolves
    Unfezant vs Lucario : Lucario.
    (Next episode)
    Snivy vs Lucario : Lucario.
    Pikachu vs Lucario : Lucario.

Pikachu : II
    Unfezant : I
    Oshawott : 0
    Pignite : I
    Snivy : 0
    Boldore : I (draw)

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Umm why are rating the topic now? Just wondering.

Hydreigon might be Kotetsu's 4th pokemon to turn the tides around. Don't forget it was Krookodile that beat Dragonite, he's not being used here.

Pikachu, Unfezant, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, and Boldore.

What i'm thinking happens.

Pignite vs Ferrothorn : Pignite wins.
    Pignite vs Samurott : Pignite is recalled.
    Pikachu vs Samurott : Pikachu wins.
    Pikachu vs Swanna : Pikachu wins.
    (Kotetsu thinks it's all over as he thought it was a 3 vs 3, then sends out his secret weapon, Pikachu is recalled)
    Pignite vs Hydreigon : Hydreigon wins.
    Oshawott vs Hydreigon : Hydreigon wins.
    Boldore vs Hydreigon : Draw.
    Unfezant vs Unknown Pokemon : Unfezant.
    Unfezant vs Riolu : Riolu Evolves
    Unfezant vs Lucario : Lucario.
    (Next episode)
    Snivy vs Lucario : Lucario.
    Pikachu vs Lucario : Lucario.

Pikachu : II
    Unfezant : I
    Oshawott : 0
    Pignite : I
    Snivy : 0
    Boldore : I (draw)
    Sorry that's what I had meant, I should have worded it better...it's gonna be sad seeing Oshawott being sent out against Hydreigon

As for the Krookodile thing, Pignite and Boldore should be more than enough, but you're right. That's probably what's going to happen and screw Ash over...
    Last edited by TheFonz; 11th December 2012 at 8:21 PM.

Don't the first few episodes of every Pokemon saga get high ratings though? I mean Black Uniform TR could have been part of it but I would think the curiousity factor has a lot to do with it. People wanted to see Ash's new rival, his new friends, etc. Having said that, the fact that the highest rated episode after the disaster was the Subway Two Parter may indicate that people in Japan do like the BW TR.

Ash will win this one. Kotetsu is basically Morrison from the Hoenn region.

It's just going to be a great shame for Ash to lose against him and not Virgil. If I were on Ash's shoes, I would honestly snap out violently that I lost to a guy who's a total moron yet has a scary-butt load of Pokemon.

On a funny note, I read how Ash lost against Tyson where Max pointed out that Ash ended up in the same spot as the Johto League. For all that is dear, Cilan shouldn't say "This is going to leave a bad taste in his mouth. After all, he ranked Top 4 in Sinnoh."

There was a difference there. Max had seen Ash competing in the Johto League on television, whereas Cilan had never heard of Ash before the Unova travels started..

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Ash will win this one. Kotetsu is basically Morrison from the Hoenn region.

It's just going to be a great shame for Ash to lose against him and not Virgil. If I were on Ash's shoes, I would honestly snap out violently that I lost to a guy who's a total moron yet has a scary-butt load of Pokemon.

On a funny note, I read how Ash lost against Tyson where Max pointed out that Ash ended up in the same spot as the Johto League. For all that is dear, Cilan shouldn't say "This is going to leave a bad taste in his mouth. After all, he ranked Top 4 in Sinnoh."
    I really hope so...but they're gonna be cutting it very close with Virgil. It's funny how Virgil seems like the best of the worst options.

Even then, Max was excited and enjoyed the battle and Brock commented on how great Ash did. Do Cilan and Iris even know how well Ash did in his previous regions? It was obvious Max would comment because he watched the Johto League on TV and that's how he knew Ash

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    There was a difference there. Max had seen Ash competing in the Johto League on television, whereas Cilan had never heard of Ash before the Unova travels started..
    My first Ninja'd!

I really hope so...but they're gonna be cutting it very close with Virgil. It's funny how Virgil seems like the best of the worst options.

Even then, Max was excited and enjoyed the battle and Brock commented on how great Ash did. Do Cilan and Iris even know how well Ash did in his previous regions? It was obvious Max would comment because he watched the Johto League on TV and that's how he knew Ash
    Ash could probably say before the match how he ranked in Sinnoh.

Ash could probably say before the match how he ranked in Sinnoh.
    Yeah but it's not the same as experiencing how awesome he was in Sinnoh...taking down Paul finally and beating the unbeatable legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Yes, it was Golden Week.

That's the reason so few were watching, not some ridiculous conspiracy theory that the audience hate Pokabu so much half of them will skip watching the show because it gets a focus episode. Get real.
    That doesn't make much sense though since, if I remember correctly, Golden Week occurs every year in Japan. If that's the case then why was Tepig's evolution episode the one that suffered the lowest ratings the show has ever had and not any of the other Golden Week episodes? And you'd think that even though it aired during a holiday, kids would still be interested in it since it was a major episode for Tepig. Therefore I can only conclude that kids really don't like Tepig, otherwise the ratings wouldn't have been so low.

Anyway, do we know which of Ash's Pokemon will defeat Hydreigon? I want to say Pikachu, but if I remember correctly, he already beat Samurott and Swanna (which were fair battles despite what some may say). Lucario beating Pikachu and ending his winning streak seems reasonable in theory as well, if only Lucario weren't so overrated. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Anyway, do we know which of Ash's Pokemon will defeat Hydreigon? I want to say Pikachu, but if I remember correctly, he already beat Samurott and Swanna (which were fair battles despite what some may say). Lucario beating Pikachu and ending his winning streak seems reasonable in theory as well, if only Lucario weren't so overrated. :x
    Wait, I thought people forgot about Lucario once Zoroark got into the spotlight?

Wait, I thought people forgot about Lucario once Zoroark got into the spotlight?
    I doubt Zoroark got as much spotlight as Lucario

At first people thought it is the new Lucario but it seems that even in this generation Lucario steals Zoroark's spotlight.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Oh, great. It's incredible how I see this as a bad thing judging what's happening now.

Really, I wish this episode has Ash as the winner. If the Lucario wins, the fandom will raise fiery torches against the whole line. I understand that the writers are trying to hype up the line, but giving nuking monsters to a doofus like Kotetsu is just so wrong. Why couldn't Cynthia use her Lucario (assuming she has one in the anime)? Now she's a total badass who clearly proves worthy of owning one...

...Now that I think about it, those weird appendages on the sides of her head should give it away, yet she has never used one.

Lol oh pls, Lucario isn't gonna be forgotten for a very long time.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lol oh pls, Lucario isn't gonna be forgotten for a very long time.
    Exactly. I see Lucario as a lesser Charizard and Mewtwo of the 4th Generation

Lucario is also the second best starter to grace any PMD game.

first being cubone

Exactly. I see Lucario as a lesser Charizard and Mewtwo of the 4th Generation
    Doesn't help that you get Riolu on like the second route so everybody has one on their teams lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 37 of 142 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast