Page 42 of 142 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Actually if Ash does lose to Kotetsu i.e. don't make it to Top4 won't necessarily mean he did worse than Sinnoh. But we do deserve one more full battle. The league standard seem to be regressing with each league. There was a time when we got three full battles in Hoenn and now it seem we will only get one.
    This is why if you were to ever make a series that is similar to back of how the Kanto series was, this is what you get. I hope they never do this again.

My ideal battle ever!

The greatest flaw in the show is that Ash resets every region........... In the simple act of doing so, the loophole required for him to ACTUALLY WIN A LEAGUE IS DONE EVERY SEASON BUT HE STILL LOSES!

15 years watching this show & he still hasn't won a league. I mean, just a league,
    I'm not asking him to defeat all of the elite 4 & the champion here, just win a league.
    These "leagues" aren't even in the games, so it's of no consequence for ash to win imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    This is why if you were to ever make a series that is similar to back of how the Kanto series was, this is what you get. I hope they never do this again.
    I am not saying this league is any worse than any other league. Every league has its quirks, its just that Johto and Hoenn league seemed more balanced. I am just not happy about the receding number of full battles. Indigo League was not bad either. At that time full battles didn't mattered. I don't think we got any full battle during Kanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    People are always going to link anything they can to Kanto.. It won't stop.. It's what 'the fanbase', not including myself, wanted: More captures, higher pace, etc.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Actually if Ash does lose to Kotetsu i.e. don't make it to Top4 won't necessarily mean he did worse than Sinnoh. But we do deserve one more full battle. The league standard seem to be regressing with each league. There was a time when we got three full battles in Hoenn and now it seem we will only get one.
    That's the only league that ever got more then two full battles. Kanto didn't have one at all till the OI, Johto only had vs. Gary and vs. Harrison, and Sinnoh only had vs. Paul and vs. Tobias
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

We missed something. In both Hoenn and Johto league there was a episode named like it is the finale of league.
    Johto: The title of first episode of Ash vs Gary battle was:
    Tournament Finals! Full Battle 6 vs 6!!
    Hoenn: The title of first episode of Ash vs Katie battle was:
    To The Tournament Finals! Every Day A Heated Battle!
    So this whole conclusion thing is a bit off.

@Playerking: Thats what I said, in pieces. I am more interested in these titles now. I am why would do they choose such titles before the actual finals.
    Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 12th December 2012 at 7:05 PM.

We missed something. In both Hoenn and Johto league there was a episode named like it is the finale of league.
    Johto: The title of first episode of Ash vs Gary battle was:
    Tournament Finals! Full Battle 6 vs 6!!
    Hoenn: The title of first episode of Ash vs Katie battle was:
    To The Tournament Finals! Every Day A Heated Battle!
    So this whole conclusion thing is a bit off.

@Playerking: Thats what I said, in pieces. I am more interested in these titles now. I am why would do they choose such titles before the actual finals.
    Oh yes. More proof that Ash is more likely to win against Kotetsu. I'm really liking where this is headed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Pignite and Boldore are two of Ash's powerhouses this region...I'm not sure what you've seen. Boldore has been shown to have crazy defense(except against Koffing) and has a great moveset that can give Hydreigon trouble. Pignite is speedy, has been Ash's go to Pokémon, and might have a fighting type move...how isn't that close to Krookodile? I'm saying those 2 added together since they're both confirmed to face Hydreigon...
    Good defense/speed isn't the same as good offense. The last strong pokemon Pignite defeated was Scolipede, losing to both Garbodor and Serperior since then. And Boldore last won against Reuniclus. None of those pokemon I would compare to a Hydreigon. Krookodile needed an evolution in order to achieve the win, before which it was being pushed around.

And clearly one of them does eck out a win, given that Hydreigon isn't the last pokemon Kotetsu uses.

I don't care about Iris and Dragonite in the Junior Cup. This is the Unova League, which is suppposed to be important. There is no point for Kotetsu to have Hydreigon other than screwing Ash over. Would it be right if Ash said to Charizard every Pokémon in the Indigo League was tougher than him and Charizard proceeded to blast every Pokémon in battle?
    Don't see why not. One would expect a skilled trainer to be capable of handling any challenge, be it trained or raging wild.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    I don't get it if Ash loses What does that mean to him. Remember that in Sinnoh even thought he lost he had a strong bond with his Pokemon
    You talk like everyone else are jerks to their own pokemons. Why Ash should be special?
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    It looks like all the evidence pointed out so far makes a compelling point that Ash is beating Kotetsu. And without TR selling Japanese hot dogs and taking up time (which is really small), the probabilities of Ash claiming the Top 4 are higher than we thought.

In fact, when was the last time there was a "1HKO" fest? I don't recall the writers ever going to that direction with Ash (in specific)...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if the dub can make Kotetsu less annoying to me, I won't probably bash him too much.
    Somebody needs to watch Ash vs Trollbias again lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    You talk like everyone else are jerks to their own pokemons. Why Ash should be special?
    He is the main character.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    He is the main character.
    He is the only person who can make his primary strategy friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    He is the only person who can make his primary strategy friendship.
    well riolu cant evolve without friendship so kotetsu is stealing ashs strategy and using it against him!

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    well riolu cant evolve without friendship so kotetsu is stealing ashs strategy and using it against him!
    That or Kotetsu just took Riolu to get haircuts and gave it vitamins a lot cuz he thought it'd be easier that way. :P
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Oh yes. More proof that Ash is more likely to win against Kotetsu. I'm really liking where this is headed.
    Except for the fact that in Ash's final battle against Harrison in Johto, the episode where he lost the battle was simply Charizard vs. Blaziken, with only the last part of the battle showing Harrison lose and the closing of the league after that. I wouldn't proclaim Ash's chances of winning against Kotesu as being too great since there is no mention whatsoever in the title of him facing off against Virgil or anyone else. Heck, even the episode in Johto where Ash lost was titled Charizard vs. Blaziken or something like that, which makes it even more unlikely that he would win against Kotesu. As for whether or not I want him to win, I thought, that he would either regress (due to his unevolved team and with most of his Pokémon, save for Krookodile, Leavanny, and Pikachu, with a nod to Snivy for being relatively strong for a first stage starter, being relatively weak compared to past teams) or win it all since he didn't win anything else in the league. I have no problem with him losing to Kotesu if he uses the team that we suspect he'll use against him.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Is it CONFIRMED that ash will lose to kotetsu?

You would think if Ash did face Virgil, we would have had some pictures or video clips of his battle with him. I mean we had clips and pictures of Ash vs Stephan and Ash vs Kotetsu for quite some time now. Unless they want to keep the winner of Ash vs Kotetsu a mystery but yeah, I still don't think Ash will beat Kotetsu. Even if Ash wins against Kotetsu during the first 8 minutes of the episodes, we would still have to go through Ash vs Virgil where Virgil wins, the montage of Virgil winning or losing his Final 2 match, the League's ending ceremony, and Ash saying goodbye to Virgil, Kotetsu, and Bianca and Stephan (if those 2 haven't already left). In addition to that, they might even add a one-two minutes Team Rocket/ Team Plasma scene in there to build our anticipation for Episode N. I think Ash will lost unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    I don't get it if Ash loses What does that mean to him. Remember that in Sinnoh even thought he lost he had a strong bond with his Pokemon
    I don't think Ash will even care when he loses. BW Ash has been the most static, unemotional protagonist I have ever seen. And to be honest, I don't think he'll learn from the loss. It would be good if he learned something, but what could be possibly learn from losing to Kotetsu? That he shouldn't underestimate his opponents? It's not like him to do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I don't think Ash will even care when he loses. BW Ash has been the most static, unemotional protagonist I have ever seen. And to be honest, I don't think he'll learn from the loss. It would be good if he learned something, but what could be possibly learn from losing to Kotetsu? That he shouldn't underestimate his opponents? It's not like him to do that though.
    The last time he actually cared that he lost a League was way back in the Kanto League. I guess you could argue he was upset about losing the Sinnoh League but he got over it quickly.

What if Ash beats Kotetsu and the league gets interrupted by Team Plasma or something related to it (similar to the league in the BW games). I haven't checked any screen-shots, or synopsis so forgive me if I sound strange.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    People are always going to link anything they can to Kanto.. It won't stop.. It's what 'the fanbase', not including myself, wanted: More captures, higher pace, etc.
    i know during the sinnoh arc people said more captures fasters sagas now they get it they are still unhappy. if you not happy with the show go on fanfiction.net and make up your own story.
    anyways Ash wont lose to Kotetsu he will beat him and then lose to virgil who will lose to the fat guy in the suit. it's johto all over again only faster not that i am complaining

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    The last time he actually cared that he lost a League was way back in the Kanto League. I guess you could argue he was upset about losing the Sinnoh League but he got over it quickly.
    But in those Leagues he improved and showed his best. In this league he's regressing and losing to a worse trainer

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

But in those Leagues he improved and showed his best. In this league he's regressing and losing to a worse trainer
    I still don't think he's going to be upset or show that he's upset. Seriously, I miss the Ash that actually took his losses hard and showed that he was crushed when he lost. I remember back in Hoenn, he even told Brock to shut up after he lost to Brawly.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Good defense/speed isn't the same as good offense. The last strong pokemon Pignite defeated was Scolipede, losing to both Garbodor and Serperior since then. And Boldore last won against Reuniclus. None of those pokemon I would compare to a Hydreigon. Krookodile needed an evolution in order to achieve the win, before which it was being pushed around.

And clearly one of them does eck out a win, given that Hydreigon isn't the last pokemon Kotetsu uses.

Don't see why not. One would expect a skilled trainer to be capable of handling any challenge, be it trained or raging wild.
    Really? Pignite doesn't have good offense? The only reason it didn't beat Garbodor was because it blocked Fire Pledge, it would have KOed it. Being able to take hits is very important. A powerful hit is nothing if you can't hit the opponent or get KOed immediately. Boldore's entire gimmick is that it is Ash's defensive Pokémon. It's why he used it against Excadrill, Accelgor + Escavalier, and Koffing.

You're getting very annoying >_< Krookodile, Dragonite, and Hydreigon aren't some unbeatable monsters. You're making this Hydreigon to be the best Pokémon in the entire series and it needs 3 Pokémon to take it out. Ash's Pignite and Boldore aren't as weak as you're making them to be either, they're some of his best this series! I can't understand your logic. It's like you're just doing it to argue with me

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I still don't think he's going to be upset or show that he's upset. Seriously, I miss the Ash that actually took his losses hard and showed that he was crushed when he lost. I remember back in Hoenn, he even told Brock to shut up after he lost to Brawly.
    Oh I don't think they'll do it either. But it would be a step in the right direction for Ash and the writers
    Last edited by TheFonz; 12th December 2012 at 10:26 PM.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Oh I don't think they'll do it either. But it would be a step in the right direction for Ash and the writers
    Yeah, I agree.

Page 42 of 142 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast