Page 43 of 142 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

I doubt BW will even touch on Ash's reaction to losing. I'm hoping something makes mention on how he placed in the Top 4 previously though.

I know he's grown out of this stage since Johto, but i'd like to see him get quite depressed and put his hat down when he loses, i thought those were nice ways of showing he is pretty gutted. Whenever he loses and remains happy right away is kind of annoying in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I doubt BW will even touch on Ash's reaction to losing. I'm hoping something makes mention on how he placed in the Top 4 previously though.

I know he's grown out of this stage since Johto, but i'd like to see him get quite depressed and put his hat down.
    He actually did put his hat down in Sinnoh when he realized there was no way he could beat Tobias. He got over it quickly but it was a step in the right direction for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    He actually did put his hat down in Sinnoh when he realized there was no way he could beat Tobias. He got over it quickly but it was a step in the right direction for sure.
    Really? I don't remember. It's one of my favourite battles which i've watched frequently and I don't remember it. He turns his hat around...?

EDIT: Oh wait yes he did, I remember now. It didn't really portray him being upset though like he did losing to Ritchie and Harrison.
    Last edited by Haunter ゴースト; 12th December 2012 at 10:34 PM.

Really? I don't remember. It's one of my favourite battles which i've watched frequently and I don't remember it. He turns his hat around...?
    He was crushed after Swellow got KOed. Put his head down, Pikachu encouraged him, Ash got determined to not go down without a fight and flipped his hat and sent out good ol' Pikachu

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    He was crushed after Swellow got KOed. Put his head down, Pikachu encouraged him, Ash got determined to not go down without a fight and flipped his hat and sent out good ol' Pikachu
    Yeah I realised and edited my post just before you posted haha.

Yeah I realised and edited my post just before you posted haha.
    Ah I see. It's understandable he'd be crushed after being down 5-1 because of Darkrai and Latios. It would make sense for Ash to be upset after this league.

Did he put his hat down after Blaziken beat Charizard? It's been a while since I watched that one but I remember some kind of reaction. I know in Hoenn he was more concerned about Pikachu and ran to it

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Is it CONFIRMED that ash will lose to kotetsu?
    No.

The points brought so far imply that Ash will defeat Kotetsu, though, in the belief that Kotetsu is a quirky trainer that just won't leave some kind of lesson to Ash. The league concludes in this episode, but it doesn't directly mean that Ash is losing to Kotetsu in any way even though Kotetsu's Lucario is listed first before Pikachu (for all we know they just put it like that to either a: follow an alphabet rule or b: making people THINK Pikachu is losing).

Oh I hope Iris taunts him about it; maybe it'll replace "such a kid" as her favorite phrase.~

Also, I'm a bit confused. The title mentions that Pikachu and Lucario are battling, but the summary mentioned Ash and Snivy being cornered. So does that mean that Lucario beats Snivy and Ash uses Pikachu as his last Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    No.

The points brought so far imply that Ash will defeat Kotetsu, though, in the belief that Kotetsu is a quirky trainer that just won't leave some kind of lesson to Ash. The league concludes in this episode, but it doesn't directly mean that Ash is losing to Kotetsu in any way even though Kotetsu's Lucario is listed first before Pikachu (for all we know they just put it like that to either a: follow an alphabet rule or b: making people THINK Pikachu is losing).
    The lesson left is Karma always remembers. If you win so many battles through mid battle evolutions then one day a mid battle evolution on your enemy's side will screw you over.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Ah I see. It's understandable he'd be crushed after being down 5-1 because of Darkrai and Latios. It would make sense for Ash to be upset after this league.

Did he put his hat down after Blaziken beat Charizard? It's been a while since I watched that one but I remember some kind of reaction. I know in Hoenn he was more concerned about Pikachu and ran to it
    Yeah, he acted 'crushed' momentarily but not how he acted when he lost to Ritchie and Harrision.

Yeah he did, in Hoenn however he simply picked Pikachu up and smiled all happily like he did when he lost to Tobias.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Oh I hope Iris taunts him about it; maybe it'll replace "such a kid" as her favorite phrase.~
    Please tell me you're joking! You easily know i hate that idea.

Also, I'm a bit confused. The title mentions that Pikachu and Lucario are battling, but the summary mentioned Ash and Snivy being cornered. So does that mean that Lucario beats Snivy and Ash uses Pikachu as his last Pokemon?
    Yeah, it seems this is the case although nothing has been confirmed it's pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    The lesson left is Karma always remembers. If you win so many battles through mid battle evolutions then one day a mid battle evolution on your enemy's side will screw you over.
    The lesson is never tell someone that they are going to miss registration because that person could end up beating you in the League.

Let's be honest here. Ignore the title of the episode and don't base your belief in that. With that out of the way, think this: has Ash ever lost to the quirky friendly trainer before regardless of how *ss-scary his or her team is? Johto had two who put up a heated fight yet he won, including maybe Gary himself (the guy was pretty egotistical, hence why he is quirky) and yet Ash won, Hoenn had Morrison (a jungle-like trainer) and yet Ash won, Sinnoh had Paul (a very, VERY misguided guy) yet he won, now Unova has...geez, too many quirky characters: Bianca (loses), Stephan (loses), and Kotetsu. All of these characters are NOT normal: they all are screwed up in some way.

Now let's see the list of the people who beat Ash (not counting Richie) regardless of their teams: Harrison in Johto was so down-to-earth yet defeated Ash, Hoenn had Tyson who was also down-to-earth and defeated Ash, Sinnoh had Tobias who turned out to be a pretty normal guy (the writers were really trying to make him look so evil) despite the fact he had two legendaries with him and, well, completely obliterated everyone for obvious reasons. We're now here in Unova and Kotetsu just breaks the entire pattern. Only Virgil, who has a pretty decent character and is COMPLETELY down-to-earth, is just the logical guy whom Ash has to face. The writers never wasted a single league character to face Ash before.

THEREFORE, despite how horrendously strong Kotetsu's team is, Ash is trashing him. Virgil then promptly shows up and puts Ash in his place.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 12th December 2012 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    The lesson is never tell someone that they are going to miss registration because that person could end up beating you in the League.
    True true XD. Ash is too nice for his own good.

Have we found out kotetsu's full team yet or will it not be needed i thinknhe has sonethong fairly average pokemon maybe something nfe thay he will use first agaisnt virgil.

And to further prove my point, here's the thing: we don't exactly know the full potential of Virgil's team. Also, Kotetsu's Hydreigon is a rampaging Pokemon that he can't control at all.

In my eyes, I see Kotetsu as Kanto Ash and Ash as Ritchie.

And it's most likely that Ash will lose, which is riduculous. I think it was you who agreed with my Kotetsu statement last night wasn't it?

And to further prove my point, here's the thing: we don't exactly know the full potential of Virgil's team. Also, Kotetsu's Hydreigon is a rampaging Pokemon that he can't control at all.

I agree but i also see it like Sinho, Virgil seens to be the Tobias type character. I can honestly see hin destroying who ever wins, which will be annoying because i tjink the eeveelutions are old and dated.

And it's most likely that Ash will lose, which is riduculous.
    Again, there's hardly any evidence that this will end in Kotetsu's favor but in Ash's favor instead judging the UN-BROKEN pattern of the previous leagues. The title of the episode DOES NOT imply which side will win. At all.

Following the Episode N summary, this is the last league episode. Half of the people are thinking Ash loses to Kotetsu because "there's not enough time for him to have a decent battle with Virgil" while there is enough to do just that. Virgil was created specifically to be the normal trainer who defeats Ash in the league. Hell, Kotetsu and Virgil hardly interact!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post

Yeah, I believe how that goes down.
    -
    Funny how people were hoping that the league rival (Virgil) beating Ash pattern would be broken, and now people want it to happen as the alternative is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Yeah, I believe how that goes down.
    -
    Funny how people were hoping that the league rival (Virgil) beating Ash pattern would be broken, and now people want it to happen as the alternative is even worse.
    Haha I know right!

Losing to Kotetsu is just a disgrace, I like the character but he shouldn't have been the one to defeat Ash.

Do newbies get ignored on here :P

I kinda wish that Zoroark was in Lucario's place of battling Pikachu. I don't know why but I feel like it would have been more fitting that if Ash lost it was to a Pokemon of this Generation. Then again the last time he lost to a Pokemon that was introduced in the same region where he is losing was in Kanto to Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapdan93 View Post
    Yeah pretty much... So there will be new info for part one of ash vs kotetsu tommorow morning, will there be anything new about episode N?
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Ash just needs to lose here so that there can actually be some good rival moments and set up for the new arc. I would rahter see that then Ash getting pwned by an Eevee.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zapdan93 View Post
    welcome to serebii :P

honestly would people rather have ash beat kotetsu then lose in like 10 minutes to virgil? i'd rather Kotetsu win and then we get ohko for the end of the league

Page 43 of 142 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast