Page 6 of 142 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Ash wif you look at Kotetsu's team:
    Riolu > Lucario, Samurott, Hydreigon, Ferrothorn, Swanna and Druddigon?, Gigalith?: Really, Kotetsu has the pokemon that the anime overhypes too much. Ash's team will lose to Hydreigon and Lucario with perhaps one exceptions.

    And that doesn't mean that Virgil won't battle on-screen. No.

    What's going to happen is that Hydreigon (see it obeying during the episode) and Lucario will defeat all of Virgil's team like Kotetsu did with Ash before. The dierence will be that because Virgil isn't a main character, the battle will be shorter.

    And about battles being skipped, two things:
    -They don't care for anything apart from Ash-Trip-Bianca-Stephan-Kotetsu-Virgil match-ups. They don't care aout everything else (in Sinnoh, was the same). In other leagues they care aout them because there isn't many rivals to fought)
    -And isn't the same a 1vs1 than a 6vs6 battle in the league. Because I remember that in Hoenn, Morrison and Tyson battles were shown on-scrren, the arest aren't.

  2. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    Why are they in such a hurry? Why couldn't they move the episode of the new saga a week after so that we could have another episode of the league? Instead of doing that stupid episode about Axew, they could start Ash battle against Stephan already and then we could get another episode.
    Maybe they want this series over as much as a lot of us do. I'm so angry over this if Ash does get beaten, I mean Katesu?? Really?? Thats just as bad as him loosing to Trip, what heck is up with Best Wishes? They skip two rounds for that freakin Axew episode than he doesn't even make into the top 4?? Thats going backwards. This N arc better be good or I'll freakin.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  3. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Maybe they want this series over as much as a lot of us do. I'm so angry over this if Ash does get beaten, I mean Katesu?? Really?? Thats just as bad as him loosing to Trip, what heck is up with Best Wishes? They skip two rounds for that freakin Axew episode than he doesn't even make into the top 4?? Thats going backwards. This N arc better be good or I'll freakin.
    If this makes you feel any better, they could end up doing the same thing they did with the Japanese title they gave for Bianca VS. Trip in the Clubsplosion. Overhype their battle continuation just for Bianca to beat Trip in the first one minute the episode starts...

  4. #129
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Maybe they want this series over as much as a lot of us do. I'm so angry over this if Ash does get beaten, I mean Katesu?? Really?? Thats just as bad as him loosing to Trip, what heck is up with Best Wishes? They skip two rounds for that freakin Axew episode than he doesn't even make into the top 4?? Thats going backwards. This N arc better be good or I'll freakin.
    I don't see how losing to a team of Eeveelutions is that more glorious than losing to the likes of Hydreigon, Samurott and Lucario.

    Granted, the Eeveelutions are good Pokémon, but not necessarily better than these other ones.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Maybe they want this series over as much as a lot of us do. I'm so angry over this if Ash does get beaten, I mean Katesu?? Really?? Thats just as bad as him loosing to Trip, what heck is up with Best Wishes? They skip two rounds for that freakin Axew episode than he doesn't even make into the top 4?? Thats going backwards. This N arc better be good or I'll freakin.
    I don't think the writers want this series to be over soon, nobody does that would be just silly. Everyone should just stop making rage assumptions before the whole saga is truly over...

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Castelia City
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Oh well hopefully Ash does better in the next league



    Never fear, N is here!

  7. #132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I don't see how losing to a team of Eeveelutions is that more glorious than losing to the likes of Hydreigon, Samurott and Lucario.

    Granted, the Eeveelutions are good Pokémon, but not necessarily better than these other ones.
    Let me use the word granted.

    Granted, it's just seems too wasteful to have Virgil show up before the league if he's not even battling Ash. I really do think they will fight each other. Are they even going to let us watch, if it happens, a full fight with Virgil against Kotetsu? I don't think so.

  8. #133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zino View Post
    I don't think the writers want this series to be over soon, nobody does that would be just silly. Everyone should just stop making rage assumptions before the whole saga is truly over...
    Actually you'd be shocked how many people hate Best Wishes series and want it over as fast as possible, this league doesn't help. If the writers don't want this over they'd give the league more episodes than freakin this, we have no Grand Festival to work with this time why do that??
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zino View Post
    I don't think the writers want this series to be over soon, nobody does that would be just silly. Everyone should just stop making rage assumptions before the whole saga is truly over...
    Of course they don't, that's why it's still going to continue on after the league.

    The writers just wanted to do something new, more realistic(Ash facing all his rivals, and always moving forward isn't realistic, have none of you ever moved backwards for a goal of yours), less predictable.

    The thing is, Pokemon is a show...so...people are going to complain because...that's what people do with shows...complain...always. Obviously not everyone has to like what writers do, and not everyone will, but that doesn't mean you should just go ranting. You can state your "opinion" in an actual respectful manner without insulting characters or writers. Or if you really just have nothing good to say about the show anymore, just stop watching, if there is more negatives that out-way the positive for you, it's time to find a new show to watch.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sSerenity View Post
    I understand the fast pace of Best Wishes 1 & 2, but not the league ... Seriously, 2 more episodes were needed to close everything ... I hope N's castle appears (with or without N himself) because the league seems too rushed
    The writers were probably just so giddy about getting into the Team Plasma arc that they wanted to rush through the Unova League for the sake of the new, upcoming arc. I'm sure that Virgil was only put in the league and made to do well in order to insert the idea that he isn't going to be dead weight when he helps.

    And speaking of Ash's ranking, it doesn't matter anyway. You could've been the second-best trainer at all of the tournaments, but it won't matter if you're being put up against the #1 guy in the prelims every time.

    Going on to something else, I'm actually sensing another Dragon Village/Opelucid City visit in the new arc. The group will need to know more about the legendary dragons, and Axew needs a few rounds of battle against someone other than an off-screen Scraggy.

  11. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Of course they don't, that's why it's still going to continue on after the league.

    The writers just wanted to do something new, more realistic(Ash facing all his rivals, and always moving forward isn't realistic, have none of you ever moved backwards for a goal of yours), less predictable.

    The thing is, Pokemon is a show...so...people are going to complain because...that's what people do with shows...complain...always. Obviously not everyone has to like what writers do, and not everyone will, but that doesn't mean you should just go ranting. You can state your "opinion" in an actual respectful manner without insulting characters or writers. Or if you really just have nothing good to say about the show anymore, just stop watching, if there is more negatives that out-way the positive for you, it's time to find a new show to watch.
    So we can't complain about the Best Wishes series over here? I never insulted the characters, maybe the writers a we bit :P
    Is it that hard to give the league more episodes?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Actually you'd be shocked how many people hate Best Wishes series and want it over as fast as possible, this league doesn't help. If the writers don't want this over they'd give the league more episodes than freakin this, we have no Grand Festival to work with this time why do that??
    Oh believe me, I'm not shocked anymore. I'm more shocked about how more people don't love it, as I think it's obviously the best saga so far. And besides, we can't know what the writers have planned for us after league, so everyone should just stop pointless complaining and save it after we actually know something.
    Last edited by Zino; 7th December 2012 at 4:47 PM.

  13. #138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zino View Post
    Oh believe me, I'm not shocked anymore. I'm more shocked about who more people don't love it, as I think it's obviously the best saga so far. And besides, we can't know what the writers have planned for us after league, so everyone should just stop pointless complaining and save it after we actually know something.
    Say in your opinion, Cuz not every one thinks this. People have the right to say how they feel. To me, this is the worst league ever!! They even skip over fights so we can see another Axew get lost episode, makes sense right?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    I feel like the writers know that they messed up. They want all of this to be over with and start with the whole N thing, stuff they know people wanna see. Really Best Wishes was a trainwreck, not all of it was their fault though, I mean the cancelled TR vs TP episodes and the entire plot/storyline that needed to change after that, I mean they had to change all of their plans probably and still make it believable and enjoyable. And then came Black/White 2 that they had to incorporate in their story somehow. They probably just wanna start with something new again and get the mess over it, that or they simply just don't care.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Say in your opinion, Cuz not every one thinks this. People have the right to say how they feel. To me, this is the worst league ever!! They even skip over fights so we can see another Axew get lost episode, makes sense right?
    I did state that it was only my opinion. And they didn't really skip any fights, it's not like they showed us any of the CotD vs. Ash fights in Sinnoh either. And it's not so bad to have Axew episode or two between the league matches so it's not just non-stop fighting. I am, too, a little annoyed how this league is probably going to end (with so few battles), but hey, Ash can't win every time. And I won't judge until I've actually seen the episodes.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    So we can't complain about the Best Wishes series over here? I never insulted the characters, maybe the writers a we bit :P
    Is it that hard to give the league more episodes?
    You can do whatever you want.

    There's simply a difference between complaining, and stating your opinion. The latter, if done properly, is much more respectful.

    The writers didn't want to give the league more episodes, otherwise they would have. They did what they wanted to do. Ash beating his main rival at the start, not battling one(maybe two rivals), and placing lower then last time, that's what they wanted to do, and they were going to make it happen. For whatever reason, they thought it would be good, otherwise they wouldn't have done it. There's nothing wrong with what they did, not everyone likes it, but that's just personal perception. I personally would have preferred more episodes and Ash placing in top 4, but I'm not going to complain about it because it didn't happen.

    I just don't see why people can't just say, "I'm disappointed with this, I would have rather seen "this" or "that"." That's far more respectful then "What's wrong with the writers, they are idiots. This league sucks, this show sucks. I hope it ends soon". I can understand people can get frustrated and want to vent, but you're the ones who are putting yourself in the position to get frustrated, blame yourself for continuing to watch a show you do mostly nothing but complain about.

    But as I've said, it's a show...complaining happens in all of them.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    I feel like the writers know that they messed up. They want all of this to be over with and start with the whole N thing, stuff they know people wanna see. Really Best Wishes was a trainwreck, not all of it was their fault though, I mean the cancelled TR vs TP episodes and the entire plot/storyline that needed to change after that, I mean they had to change all of their plans probably and still make it believable and enjoyable. And then came Black/White 2 that they had to incorporate in their story somehow. They probably just wanna start with something new again and get the mess over it, that or they simply just don't care.
    How do you know they messed up. We know nothing except a summary. Best Wishes is not a trainwreak, just because everything everypne wanted this saga didn't come true. And are you a writer, how do you know they don't care?

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Route 123, looking for Celebi
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    So this is where the league ends? Wasn't expecting that... Well, Virgil's probably going to appear more since there's that Eevee and Umbreon merch coming out, but so much for him fighting Ash here.

    By the way, is this top 8 or top 4? I've totally lost track.


    98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    So this is where the league ends? Wasn't expecting that... Well, Virgil's probably going to appear more since there's that Eevee and Umbreon merch coming out, but so much for him fighting Ash here.

    By the way, is this top 8 or top 4? I've totally lost track.
    Top 8, but we nothing except the summary.

  20. #145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zino View Post
    I did state that it was only my opinion. And they didn't really skip any fights, it's not like they showed us any of the CotD vs. Ash fights in Sinnoh either. And it's not so bad to have Axew episode or two between the league matches so it's not just non-stop fighting. I am, too, a little annoyed how this league is probably going to end (with so few battles), but hey, Ash can't win every time. And I won't judge until I've actually seen the episodes.
    You didn't say opinion in your postXD Yah but if Ash's isn't even going to make it in the top 4 whats the point in skipping over fights? At least show every battle. Its fine to have filler episodes, to skip over fights in order to see some thing we've already had in the past? Whats the point? He doesn't win, matter of fact he hasn't won a single thing this series, they could have at least let him make it in the top 4 or finales to make up for all that >>

    So far I've been really disapointed with this series, I'm going to try and watch for the N arc as that sounds intresting and Charizard appearing {Hopefully Ash's or I'll stop watching no one should care if I stop watching before any one says this, its just me giving my opinion on this.}

    Hero, your doing it again. Your stating your opinion as a fact when not every one feels Best Wishes series is the best thing ever! Some feel different and at least try to be nice about it, please respect peoples opinions who can have a different one than yours.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    So this is where the league ends? Wasn't expecting that... Well, Virgil's probably going to appear more since there's that Eevee and Umbreon merch coming out, but so much for him fighting Ash here.

    By the way, is this top 8 or top 4? I've totally lost track.
    Top 8, according to some users and summaries.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,813

    Default

    wellllp this is the best news ive had in a while ^^ so its looking like kotetsu does win

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    wellllp this is the best news ive had in a while ^^ so its looking like kotetsu does win
    Virgil is gonna battle him and beat him after Ash I believe.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Virgil is gonna battle him and beat him after him I believe.
    I think the same. I wonder which Pokemon will be used, it that happens.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Wait, guys. Maybe we are jumping to wrong conclusions. If Ash is really going to lose against Kotetsu, then why in the games' World Tournament we can challenge Trip, Stephan, Kotetsu and Virgil? Adn why are Eevee and Umbreon in the January's page of the Pokemon Calendar? I don't find sense to that!! There's even no sense to make Ash lose in his first battle 6 vs 6. So, there's maybe a trick in the title.

    As I already told you, there was a chance of seeing Ash battling some "unknown trainers" during the League. After Ash defeated Trip, his next battle was against an "unknown" trainer, but we didn't even see a clip of that battle. Then, in the last episode, we saw the last seconds of Ash's battle against another unknown trainer with a Darumake. Well, there's a chance something similar still happens to allow Ash to reach the 4th place in Unova League. I said before that this League is similar to the Kanto League, as example, we have the filler episode with just "mentions" of two of Ash's battles; just like the episode "Fire and Ice". Besides, the last episode of the Kanto League was originally titled as "Pokémon League! Final Battle!"; but in that episode, Ash was already eliminated because Charizard's rejection to battle Ritchie's Pikachu (Sparky). That title could have made us think the wrong thing about Ash defeating Ritchie, when the truth was different.

    So, there's still two ways for Ash winning the 4th place:
    + After defeating Stephan, Ash has another battle (possibly a 6 vs 6, or just another 3 vs 3) against an unknown trainer. Just like we saw Ritchie battle against Asunta with very short clips, showing only the last match of Pikachu vs Ivysaur. We will just see the last seconds of the last match, Ash wins and then it's announced his next battle against Kotetsu.
    + Ash defeats Kotetsu after a very intense battle "Pikachu vs Lucario", but his Pokemon have taken a lot of damage. Then, his next battle is against Virgil with another full battle, 6 vs 6. Just like in Ritchie's last battle, we only see short clips of the battles; leaving us with just the last seconds of the last match. We could possibly see Ash's Pikachu defeating Umbreon/Eevee, and then Pikachu loses against Eevee/Umbreon; leaving Ash in the 4th place.

    Well, what do you think? Maybe there's still hope? Pplease, post your opinions.

Page 6 of 142 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •