Page 61 of 142 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

This is like the most unpredictable battle in the league and yet it has its downfalls. If Ash loses he regresses in league placement, but if he wins he's most likely gonna lose in a rushed battle against Virgil who he'll most likely face in the next round. Plus,, we still don't know who's gonna be Kotetsu's 6th Pokemon.

I rather have Ash beat Kotetsu and then lose to Virgil for 2 reasons:
    1. At least he won't go backwards and go back to rank in the Top 8 and even if he did it would be dissapointing to see him not care about that he went one step back. To him, he'll just be like ''I lost. Oh well next time we'll win the league next time for sure'' If he does lose to Kotetsu he should at least think about what he did wrong and be a bit dissapointed in himself on how he reached Top 8 after reaching the Top 4 before.

2. I just don't like the idea of someone as dumb as Kotetsu beating Ash. Plus, if he does end up having a disobedient Pokemon in Hydreigon and ends up defeating Ash then there's so much more dissapointment in there. Another thing to take in consideration is that if it wasn't for Ash, Kotetsu would have never made it to the league. This kid shows stupidiy in everything outside of Pokemon battling. Just being good in battling is not good enough. Imagine if he won the league, the credibility in Champion would lose much of its meaning. It's like saying anyone can win a league these days even a dumb kid like Kotetsu. Kotetsu is great and all, but his lack of knowledge and mental mind should prevent him from beating Ash.
    YOU EITHER DIE A HERO OR YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE YOURSELF BECOME THE VILLAIN ~THE DARK KNIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Are you sure it's not the fans who treat it like a ultimate Pokemon?
    The majority of Pokemon fans like Lucario and the writers know this, so they overhype it when it appears in the anime and give it dozens of victories to make the species seem even more BA. That's what ruined Riolu and Lucario for me; the endless amounts of hype and glorification. I wish their Generation 5 counterparts (Zorua and Zoroark) received tons of screen-time, but Luke's Zorua hasn't appeared in forever and Zoroark seems to be banned from the anime from the look of things. Smh, what a darn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    The majority of Pokemon fans like Lucario and the writers know this, so they overhype it when it appears in the anime and give it dozens of victories to make the species seem even more BA. That's what ruined Riolu and Lucario for me; the endless amounts of hype and glorification. I wish their Generation 5 counterparts (Zorua and Zoroark) received tons of screen-time, but Luke's Zorua hasn't appeared in forever and Zoroark seems to be banned from the anime from the look of things. Smh, what a darn shame.
    Dozens? Yes because Kotetsu has had dozens of battles in this league.

So Zoroark is banned? Just like Team Plasma?

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

^^Since Zoroark is strongly related to N don't lose hope since one may appear in Episode N's saga.

I guess Movie 8 promoted Lucario way better than Movie 13 did with Zoroark.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    What are you talking about, because that makes no sense. The writers who are japanese do not know everything what fans like, they are not overhyping anything, the fanbase does and when they don't get what they want, they attack the writers. And Zorark is not banned from the anime, so why don't you give me proof it's banned. And no Pokemon is being glorified, the fans do that to everything.

What are you talking about, because that makes no sense. The writers who are japanese do not know everything what fans like, they are not overhyping anything, the fanbase does and when they don't get what they want, they attack the writers. And Zorark is not banned from the anime, so why don't you give me proof it's banned. And no Pokemon is being glorified, the fans do that to everything.
    Lol your drunk if you think for a second the rat hasn't been glorified in BW.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lol your drunk if you think for a second the rat hasn't been glorified in BW.

Pikachu who is a MOUSE, is not being glorified. He is a part of Ash's team and one of his strongest members, why shouldn't Pikachu be used? Just because you and several people hate him, it's not my problem.

And I don't drink, got it bobby?

Pikachu who is a MOUSE, is not being glorified. He is a part of Ash's team and one of his strongest members, why shouldn't Pikachu be used? Just because you and several people hate him, it's not my problem.

And I don't drink, got it bobby?
    Oh yes he is. Because other pokemon who ACTUALLY need battles aren't able to because of hogger rat.

Well then quit with the EXTREME denial lol.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Oh yes he is. Because other pokemon who ACTUALLY need battles aren't able to because of hogger rat.

Pikachu the freaking Electric Mouse Pokemon is not hogging anything and I am not in denial. You are acting bias and hating Pikachu.

Let's not let the writers be at fault or anything for not developing Ash's team well. The writers aren't a bunch of Pikachu with a type writer

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Let's not let the writers be at fault or anything for not developing Ash's team well. The writers aren't a bunch of Pikachu with a type writer

His team is decent, what were you expecting? Him to have a fully evolved team or something?

His team is decent, what were you expecting? Him to have a fully evolved team or something?
    I fail to see why this cannot ever happen other than the writers having an irrational fear that merchandise sales will be compromised due to Ash having evolved pokemon.

Pikachu the freaking Electric Mouse Pokemon is not hogging anything and I am not in denial. You are acting bias and hating Pikachu.
    Yes, yes you are, and yes he is too. Even the most unbiased person(not you, cuz your biased as ****) can see that the rat is WAY overused.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    This wouldn't surprise me lol.

This wouldn't surprise me lol.
    That would be the most amazing thing ever. D8 *shot*
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I fail to see why this cannot ever happen other than the writers having an irrational fear that merchandise sales will be compromised due to Ash having evolved pokemon.

Are you the writer to Pokemon because that makes no sense that a fully evolved team will hurt sales. There is no fear of anything.

Are you the writer to Pokemon because that makes no sense that a fully evolved team will hurt sales. There is no fear of anything.
    Of course it makes sense. This is essentially a kids show, and it is the kids who mostly go out and buy pokemon stuff - plushies and so on. Kids love cute cuddly animals. Most fully evolved pokemon are not cute and cuddly. Hence Ash is sometimes stuck with the unevolved "cuter" set of pokemon. Since he is the main character and his pokemon are mostly shown duriing the series. It is not that hard to figure out.

It's too extreme. We'll have Pokémon like Krookodile, Leavanny, and Pignite as powerhouses that have a good amount of wins, ones like Palpitoad, Boldore, and Unfezant who are very inconsistent(notice how these ones aren't doing well in the league and have had little development) and little guys like Snivy, Oshawott and Scraggy

Sure the little guys can be tough, but there's only so much they can do...which they aren't doing at all. And the little guys need more focus and development to be able to do their best. They lost their potential, and I don't mean evolution

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    Of course it makes sense. This is essentially a kids show, and it is the kids who mostly go out and buy pokemon stuff - plushies and so on. Kids love cute cuddly animals. Most fully evolved pokemon are not cute and cuddly. Hence Ash is sometimes stuck with the unevolved "cuter" set of pokemon. Since he is the main character and his pokemon are
    mostly shown duriing the series. It is not that hard to figure out.
    No it doesn't. It has nothing to do with cute Pokemon, I said the same thing to Naughtynun.

@TheFonz, lost potential, they are fine. Just because it's not like the Sinnoh Team, doesn't make his team bad.
    Last edited by Hero of Ideals; 18th December 2012 at 1:09 AM.

No it doesn't. It has nothing to do with cute Pokemon, I said the same thing to Naughtynun.

@TheFonz, lost potential, they are fine. Just because it's not like the Sinnoh Team, doesn't make his team bad.
    Oh really?? Care to explain Piplup then??

Are you sure it's not the fans who treat it like a ultimate Pokemon?
    Every time a Riolu or Lucario have appeared, they never took a back seat to something else. Now we have a Riolu who is beating Unfezant, evolving and beating Snivy and Pikachu, knocking out Ash from the tournament. Both the fans and the writers treat Riolu and Lucario like ultimate pokemon.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Every time a Riolu or Lucario have appeared, they never took a back seat to something else. Now we have a Riolu who is beating Unfezant, evolving and beating Snivy and Pikachu, knocking out Ash from the tournament. Both the fans and the writers treat Riolu and Lucario like ultimate pokemon.
    That still makes no sense. Lucario is yes overrated but not a ultimate Pokemon, look at Mewtwo and Arceus, Powerful Pokemon and God, captures by one Master Ball.

That still makes no sense. Lucario is yes overrated but not a ultimate Pokemon, look at Mewtwo and Arceus, Powerful Pokemon and God, captures by one Master Ball.
    You know what I meant. The writers probably cry every time they are forced to make one faint, which has only been once on screen, btw.

Random : PokéRadar

Who said anything about Sinnoh? To me Oshawott feels like Torkoal. At first it seemed like a nice addition and was something interesting and new...but it failed alot in battle and it hasn't went anywhere

Snivy's been pretty much the same for almost 100 episodes. No decrease in strength...but no increase. A less powerful Corphish

Scraggy...I would say Phanpy. It's impressive for what it is, but it feels like it should be more and should have grown more.

The problem I have is Ash having Pokémon like this when he does little steps forward in each passing region...except this one. It has been a step back

What I'm trying to say is that this team would be okay for around the 6th or 7th gym...not the league

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    You know what I meant. The writers probably cry every time they are forced to make one faint, which has only been once on screen, btw.
    Okay, as a decent writer, what the moltres? Really, they cry? Don't put actions of the writers like it's true, because that really sounds dumb.

Okay, as a decent writer, what the moltres? Really, they cry? Don't put actions of the writers like it's true, because that really sounds dumb.
    That's called a joke

Page 61 of 142 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast