Page 62 of 142 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

  1. #1526
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Okay, as a decent writer, what the moltres? Really, they cry? Don't put actions of the writers like it's true, because that really sounds dumb.
    Lol you says your a decent writer but you also admit you never make mistakes so kind of hypocritical don't you think??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  2. #1527
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,479

    Default

    Right, my serious hopes are:

    Kotetsu didn't withdraw a sixth Pokemon before the match and is disqualified.
    OR
    The match is a draw and they have a tiebreaker battle the following morning. Samurott vs Palpitoad, where Palpitoad obliterates the ugly sealion.

    Now obviously the second thing just isn't going to happen. There's not only too little time, but also the writers of this show just aren't that good.. However, 'scatterbrained' Kotetsu might just be stupid enough to go into a 6v6 with only 5 Pokemon.. I'm holding out hope..
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  3. #1528
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I am moving up in the world!
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    You know what I meant. The writers probably cry every time they are forced to make one faint, which has only been once on screen, btw.
    Seriously, the whole "Lucario is uber-Pokemon" thing is getting blown out of proportion. We've seen two Lucario in the anime before. TWO. Maylene's and Riley's. That's a grand total of SIX EPISODES. Out of those six episodes, Lucario only had two real battles, both under Maylene, where it beat Dawn but tied against Ash. If anything, Lucario hasn't gotten half the good treatment in the anime that they give it in the games. Seriously, MAGIKARP has gotten more focus in the anime than Lucario. I'm not saying that I want Lucario to just come in and start blowing up random buildings just because it can, but it also deserves the battle that it's getting now.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

    harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

    Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

  4. #1529
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Right, my serious hopes are:

    Kotetsu didn't withdraw a sixth Pokemon before the match and is disqualified.
    OR
    The match is a draw and they have a tiebreaker battle the following morning. Samurott vs Palpitoad, where Palpitoad obliterates the ugly sealion.

    Now obviously the second thing just isn't going to happen. There's not only too little time, but also the writers of this show just aren't that good.. However, 'scatterbrained' Kotetsu might just be stupid enough to go into a 6v6 with only 5 Pokemon.. I'm holding out hope..
    Um, neither of those things are likely to happen because as we already know, this is the last episode of the League. Ash isn't going to suddenly win by default because there wouldn't be enough time to show him battling Virgil or whoever the next opponent would be. This also goes for the tiebreaker scenario obviously. You claim that both are serious predictions, but the chances of either of those scenarios happening are close to 0% at this point. I'm afraid this is just a cup of tea that is too bitter to swallow, but it's the best we have.

  5. #1530
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Um, neither of those things are likely to happen because as we already know, this is the last episode of the League. Ash isn't going to suddenly win by default because there wouldn't be enough time to show him battling Virgil or whoever the next opponent would be. This also goes for the tiebreaker scenario obviously. You claim that both are serious predictions, but the chances of either of those scenarios happening are close to 0% at this point. I'm afraid this is just a cup of tea that is too bitter to swallow, but it's the best we have.
    Who said anything about showing Ash's battle with Virgil?

  6. #1531
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Seriously, the whole "Lucario is uber-Pokemon" thing is getting blown out of proportion. We've seen two Lucario in the anime before. TWO. Maylene's and Riley's. That's a grand total of SIX EPISODES. Out of those six episodes, Lucario only had two real battles, both under Maylene, where it beat Dawn but tied against Ash. If anything, Lucario hasn't gotten half the good treatment in the anime that they give it in the games. Seriously, MAGIKARP has gotten more focus in the anime than Lucario. I'm not saying that I want Lucario to just come in and start blowing up random buildings just because it can, but it also deserves the battle that it's getting now.
    Lucario got a movie then played a main role with Maylene and Riley and a special Riolu got a two parter. Now Kotetsu has Riolu whom is not going to be KO'd at all in all it's battles, evolves and beats three of Ash's pokemon in a row. I think this is enough.

    Have Zoroark have some time now.



  7. #1532
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I am moving up in the world!
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Um, neither of those things are likely to happen because as we already know, this is the last episode of the League. Ash isn't going to suddenly win by default because there wouldn't be enough time to show him battling Virgil or whoever the next opponent would be. This also goes for the tiebreaker scenario obviously. You claim that both are serious predictions, but the chances of either of those scenarios happening are close to 0% at this point. I'm afraid this is just a cup of tea that is too bitter to swallow, but it's the best we have.
    To be fair, Ash could beat Kotetsu, but the loss to Virgil would have to be handled in either a) freeze-frames, b) extremely quick OHKOs from both Ash and Virgil, or c) skip over everything until the final Pokemon for both Ash and Virgil. Honestly, I think it's about 50-50 whether or not Ash will beat Kotetsu.

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Lucario got a movie then played a main role with Maylene and Riley and a special Riolu got a two parter. Now Kotetsu has Riolu whom is not going to be KO'd at all in all it's battles, evolves and beats three of Ash's pokemon in a row. I think this is enough.

    Have Zoroark have some time now.

    I will concede that there are Pokemon that deserve a major role more than Lucario (especially Zoroark), but there are also plenty of Pokemon that would be worse to see than Lucario. Let's be honest, we're probably lucky that we haven't had Lucario shoved down our throats over and over by now. It's an incredibly marketable and popular Pokemon, yet in the anime (not counting the movie), it's only had three notable roles. I'm still surprised we didn't see Paul or Tobias with one.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

    harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

    Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

  8. #1533
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    I will concede that there are Pokemon that deserve a major role more than Lucario (especially Zoroark), but there are also plenty of Pokemon that would be worse to see than Lucario. Let's be honest, we're probably lucky that we haven't had Lucario shoved down our throats over and over by now. It's an incredibly marketable and popular Pokemon, yet in the anime (not counting the movie), it's only had three notable roles. I'm still surprised we didn't see Paul or Tobias with one.
    Lucario had his chance last season.... it's time for someone else XD
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  9. #1534
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cauldronmaster View Post
    Who said anything about showing Ash's battle with Virgil?
    What would be the point of having Ash beat Kotetsu if he wouldn't be shown battling against Virgil or anyone else for that matter? It would make this League even more ratchet and ridiculous than before if that's even possible imho. I've made peace with Kotetsu beating Ash because it would at least put a quick end to this horror story of a tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    To be fair, Ash could beat Kotetsu, but the loss to Virgil would have to be handled in either a) freeze-frames, b) extremely quick OHKOs from both Ash and Virgil, or c) skip over everything until the final Pokemon for both Ash and Virgil.
    That's what I implied in several other posts I've made in recent weeks. I just find it redundant to have Ash beat Kotetsu and then have his battle against Virgil shown via clips or some other asinine method. And I've never been one to care about League rankings, nor do I understand how Ash's rank could possibly redeem every other bad thing about this League.
    Last edited by Lorde; 18th December 2012 at 6:53 AM.

  10. #1535
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    I guess I would prefer Ash losing to Koutetsu than to Virgil. I mean, to me I would much rather see Lucario beat Pikachu than Eevee beat Pikachu. My issue is this probably means that either Koutetsu or Virgil is going to win the Unova league. So we have either someone who exists purely to promote merch...or an idiot akin to every Shounen hero ever. The latter makes more sense to win because...well this is shounen anime...and idiot protagonists usually come out on top.

  11. #1536
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Wished ash used infernape for this battle, only because a lucario vs infernape battle would be so flippin sweet!
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig


    Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

  12. #1537
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    Wished ash used infernape for this battle, only because a lucario vs infernape battle would be so flippin sweet!
    He would of still lost lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  13. #1538
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Lol that would be sick if they tied, and then the ref ask if they have any other pokemon they can use, kotetsu pulls out some beastly pokemon, and as ash thinks about who to use, his charizard comes flying down, with charla by its side and wins it for ash
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  14. #1539
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Lol that would be sick if they tied, and then the ref ask if they have any other pokemon they can use, kotetsu pulls out some beastly pokemon, and as ash thinks about who to use, his charizard comes flying down, with charla by its side and wins it for ash
    Ok now this would be awesome lol.

    Charizard pwns him like it's nothing making Kotetsu making everybody's jaws drop lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  15. #1540
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Seriously, the whole "Lucario is uber-Pokemon" thing is getting blown out of proportion. We've seen two Lucario in the anime before. TWO. Maylene's and Riley's. That's a grand total of SIX EPISODES. Out of those six episodes, Lucario only had two real battles, both under Maylene, where it beat Dawn but tied against Ash. If anything, Lucario hasn't gotten half the good treatment in the anime that they give it in the games. Seriously, MAGIKARP has gotten more focus in the anime than Lucario. I'm not saying that I want Lucario to just come in and start blowing up random buildings just because it can, but it also deserves the battle that it's getting now.
    They have been shoving Riolu\Lucario down out throats in games and anime. This is all connected. First they make Riolu available in the game then it appears in Anime and evolves. It didn't deserved any of this. Its time has passed. Growlithe\Arcanine are also present in the games and so are many other old Pokemon yet we don't see any of them. They need to stop this rat dog fetish and give some love to Gen 5 Pokemon that deserves more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Lucario had his chance last season.... it's time for someone else XD
    You said it. If they wanted to give a fighting type to Kotetsu then he should have got Mienfoo\Mienshao. The line has been horribly treated while in games they make Lucario **** in its steel pants.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    He would of still lost lol.
    Exactly. Lucario is above everything. Even Arceus takes order from it.

  16. #1541
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,298

    Default

    Lucario was used because Lucario and Eevee are being promoted with BW 2

  17. #1542
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ok now this would be awesome lol.

    Charizard pwns him like it's nothing making Kotetsu making everybody's jaws drop lol.
    Haha it's my ideal dream/fantasy. Then this could also go towards episode n's plot and show off ashs bond with everyone
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  18. #1543
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Haha it's my ideal dream/fantasy. Then this could also go towards episode n's plot and show off ashs bond with everyone
    And pwn a lot of **** lol....maybe even the rat for being a screen hog
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  19. #1544
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Lucario was used because Lucario and Eevee are being promoted with BW 2
    I know. I said that in my post. But why Riolu\Lucario? There are tons of other old Pokemon available in BW2. Plus there are lot of Unova Pokemon that didn't got much attention. Remember Conkeldurr? One of the best Pokemon introduced in Unova going by games standard or like I said before Mienshao.

    Riolu\Lucario is famous because writers made them so. Just like how Oshawott was least favorite among the starters and now it is nearing Piplup's standard. Writers just like to play favorites.

  20. #1545
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    I know. I said that in my post. But why Riolu\Lucario? There are tons of other old Pokemon available in BW2. Plus there are lot of Unova Pokemon that didn't got much attention. Remember Conkeldurr? One of the best Pokemon introduced in Unova going by games standard or like I said before Mienshao.

    Riolu\Lucario is famous because writers made them so. Just like how Oshawott was least favorite among the starters and now it is nearing Piplup's standard. Writers just like to play favorites.
    This would explain the rat <.<

    A little unbiased writing wouldn't kill you writers....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  21. #1546
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    I know. I said that in my post. But why Riolu\Lucario? There are tons of other old Pokemon available in BW2. Plus there are lot of Unova Pokemon that didn't got much attention. Remember Conkeldurr? One of the best Pokemon introduced in Unova going by games standard or like I said before Mienshao.

    Riolu\Lucario is famous because writers made them so. Just like how Oshawott was least favorite among the starters and now it is nearing Piplup's standard. Writers just like to play favorites.
    Lucario and Eevee are popular and like I said, Gamefreak used Rioulo and Eevee in the promoting of the games, toys companies also, the writers just did the same because that what they are told to do anyway, they did what the others were doing.

  22. #1547
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Lucario and Eevee are popular and like I said, Gamefreak used Rioulo and Eevee in the promoting of the games, toys companies also, the writers just did the same because that what they are told to do anyway, they did what the others were doing.
    Kind of took it to an extreme there <.<
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  23. #1548
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Kind of took it to an extreme there <.<
    By making Rioulo beat everything?

  24. #1549
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    By making Rioulo beat everything?
    Well that but they could of gave the damn thing to someone with at least half a brain so it's power is justified.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  25. #1550
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Well that but they could of gave the damn thing to someone with at least half a brain so it's power is justified.
    Kotetsu has a brain for battling and he is good at it.

Page 62 of 142 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •