Page 63 of 142 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

  1. #1551
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Kotetsu has a brain for battling and he is good at it.
    No he has a bandanna for battling, there is a difference. Although if someone as stupid as Kotetsu can see the importance of training and Ash can't, it really makes you think lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  2. #1552
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    No he has a bandanna for battling, there is a difference. Although if someone as stupid as Kotetsu can see the importance of training and Ash can't, it really makes you think lol.
    the fact that Pokemon like Levanny, Krookidile, Pignite, and Palpitoad have 4th or a new move, shows that Ash has been training, and that the writers imply that it is all off camera lol

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  3. #1553
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    the fact that Pokemon like Levanny, Krookidile, Pignite, and Palpitoad have 4th or a new move, shows that Ash has been training, and that the writers imply that it is all off camera lol
    Yes well them doing that and then giving all the wins to the rat imply otherwise.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  4. #1554
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    No he has a bandanna for battling, there is a difference. Although if someone as stupid as Kotetsu can see the importance of training and Ash can't, it really makes you think lol.
    The bandana thing is = to Satoshi hat thing.

    No Satoshi can but I'm not going to arguee with you, you still think he didn't train his pokemon in this 3 months.

  5. #1555
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The bandana thing is = to Satoshi hat thing.

    No Satoshi can but I'm not going to arguee with you, you still think he didn't train his pokemon in this 3 months.
    Except Ash doesn't do the hat thing every two minutes in every battle.

    I think that we didn't see the proof till the league so ya lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  6. #1556
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Yes well them doing that and then giving all the wins to the rat imply otherwise.
    I think this is a bit of an exaggeration. We all know that none of Ash's other pokemon would have a chance against Serperior, other than maybe Unfezant. I guess this could tip my argument to you.. but....


    We pretty much only see 3 major battles on Ash's end. Pikachu is getting two wins against water and flying pokemon. Types that we would all talk so much **** for if Pikachu lost.


    Also, all the casual people who watch pokemon constantly get mad when Pikachu loses, mainly because they say "what pikachu should be taking out everything by now". It almost feels like the writers are trying to make Pikachu win more because of its experience.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  7. #1557
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    I think this is a bit of an exaggeration. We all know that none of Ash's other pokemon would have a chance against Serperior, other than maybe Unfezant. I guess this could tip my argument to you.. but....


    We pretty much only see 3 major battles on Ash's end. Pikachu is getting two wins against water and flying pokemon. Types that we would all talk so much **** for if Pikachu lost.


    Also, all the casual people who watch pokemon constantly get mad when Pikachu loses, mainly because they say "what pikachu should be taking out everything by now". It almost feels like the writers are trying to make Pikachu win more because of its experience.
    Exactly, Unfezant, who can use some Trip redemption lol.

    And he didn't need those two wins which is my point. Snivy could of beat Samurott and Boldore/Unfezant could of beat Swanna. Pikachu's win against Trip was all it needed in this league.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  8. #1558
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Except Ash doesn't do the hat thing every two minutes in every battle.

    I think that we didn't see the proof till the league so ya lol.
    Why do I argue with you Robert? you have a brilliant mind you're rigth sorry.

    /I'm out

  9. #1559
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Exactly, Unfezant, who can use some Trip redemption lol.

    And he didn't need those two wins which is my point. Snivy could of beat Samurott and Boldore/Unfezant could of beat Swanna. Pikachu's win against Trip was all it needed in this league.
    So you are saying Pikachu should only be used ONCE in a league? That is hypercritical to the others. And how do we even know anyone else can beat Trip's Seperior or Samurott or Swanna? You just hate Pikachu because he's 'stealing' screentime. But there is one problem, he is Ash's Strongest Pokemon of any Team, Pikachu not battling wouldn't be fair.

  10. #1560
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Exactly, Unfezant, who can use some Trip redemption lol.

    And he didn't need those two wins which is my point. Snivy could of beat Samurott and Boldore/Unfezant could of beat Swanna. Pikachu's win against Trip was all it needed in this league.

    My problem with this statement is the simple fact that there just aren't enough battles in this league. I really wish there was at least another 3 vs 3 battle against one of the other former characters that Ash has faced before. I think that girl with the gothita would have been a good fight for Scraggy snivy and some random pokemon on the team to be used.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  11. #1561
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canal Fulton, OH
    Posts
    3,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    So you are saying Pikachu should only be used ONCE in a league? That is hypercritical to the others. And how do we even know anyone else can beat Trip's Seperior or Samurott or Swanna? You just hate Pikachu because he's 'stealing' screentime. But there is one problem, he is Ash's Strongest Pokemon of any Team, Pikachu not battling wouldn't be fair.
    I completely agree. Pikachu is Ash's most experienced Pokemon, arguably his strongest. He is Ash's starter, and most of all he's his best friend. I'm tired of the idea that Pikachu shouldn't be used, or is stealing screen-time from other Pokemon. He'll be used, so get over it.

    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

    This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

  12. #1562
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Iris' vagina
    Posts
    105

    Default

    The only way I can see the writers having enough time to cram in an Ash vs Virgil battle is if they skip some of it. What if the battle is essentially a 3 on 3? After Ash and Kotetsu is finished, the scene could change to Jolteon and Pignite (I'm just using these two as an example) colliding with one another, knocking each other out in the process. The commentator would then say something along the lines of "both trainers have now lost 3 Pokemon each" in order to make it known to us that other battles have taken place off screen. I would be satisfied with this, how about you guys? It won't happen but it doesn't hurt to dream D:

  13. #1563
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,689

    Default

    Edit@ AFM, again I suggest you read my post somewhere in this thread.. If Lucario is taken down within the first 5 minutes, then that still leaves us enough time to do a Virgil battle, and finish the league. Finishing the league took AG just a little over a minute, so that leaves 12-14 minutes to do the battle with NO TEAM ROCKET. Ash vs. Tyson lasted 16 minutes, so it's just a bit faster then that. No problem..

    Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    I completely agree. Pikachu is Ash's most experienced Pokemon, arguably his strongest. He is Ash's starter, and most of all he's his best friend. I'm tired of the idea that Pikachu shouldn't be used, or is stealing screen-time from other Pokemon. He'll be used, so get over it.
    Squirtle was Gary's starter, we've seen it in a single battle of his..
    Turtwig was Paul's starter, we've seen it be excluded from his battle with Ash..
    Last edited by Locormus; 18th December 2012 at 1:16 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  14. #1564
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.M View Post
    The only way I can see the writers having enough time to cram in an Ash vs Virgil battle is if they skip some of it. What if the battle is essentially a 3 on 3? After Ash and Kotetsu is finished, the scene could change to Jolteon and Pignite (I'm just using these two as an example) colliding with one another, knocking each other out in the process. The commentator would then say something along the lines of "both trainers have now lost 3 Pokemon each" in order to make it known to us that other battles have taken place off screen. I would be satisfied with this, how about you guys? It won't happen but it doesn't hurt to dream D:
    I'm fine with it !
    I'm not interested in seeing the whole battle with Virgil since he use nothing but Eeveelution.
    So I'm fine as long as Ash reach Top 4 and win atleast one full battle.
    But Writer , They got their job though family connection so they doesn't care about our feeling.

  15. #1565
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    I'm fine with it !
    I'm not interested in seeing the whole battle with Virgil since he use nothing but Eeveelution.
    So I'm fine as long as Ash reach Top 4 and win atleast one full battle.
    But Writer , They got their job though family connection so they doesn't care about our feeling.

    They don't even know we exist (Serebii), so why should they care for one random american forumm and what family connections?

  16. #1566
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Um, neither of those things are likely to happen because as we already know, this is the last episode of the League. Ash isn't going to suddenly win by default because there wouldn't be enough time to show him battling Virgil or whoever the next opponent would be. This also goes for the tiebreaker scenario obviously. You claim that both are serious predictions, but the chances of either of those scenarios happening are close to 0% at this point. I'm afraid this is just a cup of tea that is too bitter to swallow, but it's the best we have.
    They can wrap up Kotetsu's battle in 5 minutes or less.. That leaves another 15 for a full battle with the next person, which given BW's writing, is more than possible. The closing ceremony only needs about a 30 second shot, but then they might not even show it, considering they had a crappy Officer Jenny lighting the flame to start with..

    Am I saying it'll happen? No.. but it's still a possibility.

  17. #1567
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    They can wrap up Kotetsu's battle in 5 minutes or less.. That leaves another 15 for a full battle with the next person, which given BW's writing, is more than possible. The closing ceremony only needs about a 30 second shot, but then they might not even show it, considering they had a crappy Officer Jenny lighting the flame to start with..

    Am I saying it'll happen? No.. but it's still a possibility.
    Yeah. The writers seem to rush everything at the end before something grand. They rushed Roxie Battle until BW2, World Tournament for TR finale, TR "Finale" for Iris vs Drayden, etc for the league, Ash vs Trip, etc, and now the league for the N saga.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

  18. #1568
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    I completely agree. Pikachu is Ash's most experienced Pokemon, arguably his strongest. He is Ash's starter, and most of all he's his best friend. I'm tired of the idea that Pikachu shouldn't be used, or is stealing screen-time from other Pokemon. He'll be used, so get over it.
    I agree about Pikachu too but what happened to all of the sharing that used to take place on this show? I know Pikachu is strong but they could still make Oshawott, Snivy and the others just as strong too but it seems as though using Pikachu so much might cause Ash to lose the league yet again.

    My ideal battle ever!

  19. #1569
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    How mad could people get if Kotetsu's final (6th) mon is reveal to be Mewtwo, which knockout the rat...after 3 wins!!

  20. #1570
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,946

    Default

    It is quite possible they can rush in a Virgil battle, assuming half of Ash's Pokemon gets KO'd in like 1 hit.

  21. #1571
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad (India)
    Posts
    3,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I agree about Pikachu too but what happened to all of the sharing that used to take place on this show? I know Pikachu is strong but they could still make Oshawott, Snivy and the others just as strong too but it seems as though using Pikachu so much might cause Ash to lose the league yet again.
    Maybe the reason they are keeping Oshawott and Snivy below Pikachu's power level is because Oshawott and Snivy are 1st stage pokemons where as Pikachu is a 2nd stage pokemon.

  22. #1572
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    It is quite possible they can rush in a Virgil battle, assuming half of Ash's Pokemon gets KO'd in like 1 hit.
    If they do that, then we'll have the Torkoal-scenario times 3, meaning that Ash would lose 3 pokemon in a minutes time.. -.- There's the possibility that each battle will last as long as Stephan vs. Raoul, which was a decent match with each pokemon using roughly three different moves, a few dodges and a good knock out. It didn't last much longer then 30 seconds, but I enjoyed it. If this happens with Ash and Virgil, then I'll be happy to take two of those, a couple longer fights, and one fight of two minutes:

    1. 30 seconds
    2. 30 seconds
    3. 1:30 minute
    4: 1:30 minute
    5: 1:30 minute
    6: 2:30 minute
    ------------------+
    Total: 8 minutes

    That's doable.. We'd have time to spare! xD
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  23. #1573
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    So you are saying Pikachu should only be used ONCE in a league? That is hypercritical to the others. And how do we even know anyone else can beat Trip's Seperior or Samurott or Swanna? You just hate Pikachu because he's 'stealing' screentime. But there is one problem, he is Ash's Strongest Pokemon of any Team, Pikachu not battling wouldn't be fair.
    I said 1 win. Just like in Sinnoh. He had a big stand out moment in this league already so him getting these wins are just extra. You are really gonna sit there and tell me that two pokemon that the rat KO's back to back are too powerful for Ash's other pokemon?? ******** lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  24. #1574
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,156

    Default

    I can kind of imagine them finishing Kotetsu's battle, followed by a handshake, next day matchups and a quick night-time scene before the 7 minute mark. Then jumping right into the first matchup of Ash vs Virgil, with a knockout in about 20 seconds. So it's like..

    Night time
    Night time
    Sun rising..
    Pikachu! Use Quick Attack!
    Vaporeon, Aurora Beam!

    Then Pikachu is thrown back, jumps up and finishes with an Electro Ball. So we don't actually get them walking out into the stadium, sending out their first Pokemon and stuff like that. It literally starts with a 'Scraggy vs Darumakka' type of battle as soon as the sun comes up. Gives the remaining 12 minutes for the rest of the battle..

  25. #1575
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I said 1 win. Just like in Sinnoh. He had a big stand out moment in this league already so him getting these wins are just extra. You are really gonna sit there and tell me that two pokemon that the rat KO's back to back are too powerful for Ash's other pokemon?? ******** lol.
    I doubt she is saying that for Swanna and Samurott, but with that being said, I would have like to have seen Snivy take one of them out (unless she is the one who takes out ferrothorn (which is doubtful) or the ??? pokemon.

    I think the real issue is the lack of battles in this league, thus why each and every win seems to be so crucial, since we seem to have a total of 4-5 of Ash's pokemon who don't have wins? (snivy/Unfezant, oshawott, Boldore, Leavanny)

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


Page 63 of 142 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •