Page 71 of 142 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

  1. #1751
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    After today and knowing Satoshi is losing, I really can't get excited for this but don't worry guys, I'm not going to post this 10 every day, I'm annoyed my opinion is given.

  2. #1752
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canal Fulton, OH
    Posts
    3,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    After today and knowing Satoshi is losing, I really can't get excited for this but don't worry guys, I'm not going to post this 10 every day, I'm annoyed my opinion is given.
    The thing that bugs me, if Ash wouldn't have left Pignite in to face Samurott, then he may have had a better shot, but at this point, yeah, it's pretty much guaranteed he'll lose.

    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

    This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

  3. #1753
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    The thing that bugs me, if Ash wouldn't have left Pignite in to face Samurott, then he may have had a better shot, but at this point, yeah, it's pretty much guaranteed he'll lose.
    Meh I'm bothered by the lack of 6th pokemon, can they make the kid dumber?

    Dumb is fun, I love Kotetsu character but here they just exagerated.

  4. #1754
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    539

    Default

    be funny if Pikachu and Lucario KO'd each other and both Ash and Kotetsu were eliminated

  5. #1755
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Iris' vagina
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    They took it to far seriously, I had no problem with him losing to Kotetsu now I really dont him to lose and I'm pissed even though I know he will.
    Same here. I made my peace with Ash losing to Kotetsu, but to lose him in this manner is a real kick in the teeth.

    On a side note, I wonder what would happen if Lucario and Pikachu draw? Kotetsu would go through, right? Because I feel like this is the road the writers are heading down. Maybe they will tie and the match officials will be unsure what to do, but Ash will concede the match because he lost all 6 of his Pokemon and Kotetsu only brought 5. He'd be like "You would have won if you brought all 6" imo that fits Ash's character, he's the type of guy that puts friendship before competition.

  6. #1756
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,202

    Default

    Is he even allowed to enter the League without at least 6 pkmn?

  7. #1757
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon00151 View Post
    be funny if Pikachu and Lucario KO'd each other and both Ash and Kotetsu were eliminated
    Thats the only other option besides Satoshi losing it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.M View Post
    Same here. I made my peace with Ash losing to Kotetsu, but to lose him in this manner is a real kick in the teeth.

    On a side note, I wonder what would happen if Lucario and Pikachu draw? Kotetsu would go through, right? Because I feel like this is the road the writers heading down. Maybe they will tie and the match officials will be unsure what to do, but Ash will concede the match because he lost all 6 of his Pokemon and Kotetsu only brought 5. He'd be like "You would have won if you brought all 6" imo that fits Ash's character, he's the type of guy that puts friendship before competition.
    Going to guess they would both be eliminated since its the last pokemon but yeah the moral victory will go to Kotetsu because if he brough a 6th pokemon he would have won, unless he made a retarded mistake yet again and just had his 6th pokemon lose.

    If they are both eliminated the guy that draw them avances automatically and the other have to battle each other.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 20th December 2012 at 10:44 AM.

  8. #1758
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    42

    Default

    It will be a draw, or Pikachu will faint Lucario, then faint, and since Kotetsu didn't have a 6th pokemon to bring out, the match will be declared a draw, and they'll both be eliminated because of that missing 6th pokemon.

  9. #1759
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canal Fulton, OH
    Posts
    3,320

    Default

    I won't mind a draw at this point, particularly if they both do end up getting eliminated. However, if Kotetsu really doesn't even have a 6th Pokemon on his team, in his reserves, ect., I really have issue with his being allowed to continue.

    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

    This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

  10. #1760
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    I won't mind a draw at this point, particularly if they both do end up getting eliminated. However, if Kotetsu really doesn't even have a 6th Pokemon on his team, in his reserves, ect., I really have issue with his being allowed to continue.
    That the less worse scenario...he didn't bring a 6th pokemon, he has a 6thpokemon I believe, I don't know why he would only have 5 pokemon in hand, that makes it even more retarded.

  11. #1761
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canal Fulton, OH
    Posts
    3,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    That the less worse scenario...he didn't bring a 6th pokemon, he has a 6thpokemon I believe, I don't know why he would only have 5 pokemon in hand, that makes it even more retarded.
    I guess it's possible, there's no rule that I know of that says they have to catch a certain number of Pokemon. It would explain why his Hydregion was so strong, all the extra time he would have had to use it.

    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

    This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

  12. #1762
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Iris' vagina
    Posts
    105

    Default

    The writers didn't even try with this battle. This battle is best wishes in a nutshell. Rushed battling and lack of strategy implemented into the battles (spamming every move your Pokemon knows at once is not a strategy). When I remember league battles like Ash vs Katie, Ash vs Paul and Ash vs Tyson, I can't help but ask: what the hell happened? Do the writers not care about the league anymore? Are they even trying? This whole league has been terrible, the best battle was Ash vs Stephen and even that was an average battle at best. Next saga they might as well show us a montage of the league, that way they can spare us episodes of anguish. Ugh.

  13. #1763
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,689

    Default

    Edit@ AFM. Do you even know what you're talking about?

    Yes, they took the stupidity too far. But Ash vs. Tyson wasn't necessarily any better, and it isn't rushed if you look at how many moves were used. Even Ferrothorn got to use three or even four moves if I missed one! Compare that to:
    - Glalie vs. Sceptile: One move each, double KO.
    - Torkoal vs. Shiftry: Torkoal used a single move, though he had to use it twice: Flamethrower.
    - Donphan only really used Rollout vs. Swellow and not much else.

    This battle
    - Boldore used three different moves, excluding Sandstorm.
    - Oshawott used four his moves
    - Pignite used four his moves
    - Pikachu has used four his moves
    - Unfezant has used her four moves
    - Snivy has used three moves, because Ash can't beat the last poke standing with Attract...
    - Hydreigon used four moves: Double Hit, Tri Attack, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush
    - Ferrothorn used three moves: Metal Claw, Pin Missile, missed it but looked like it, and Mirror Shot.
    - Samurott used four moves: Aqua Jet, Razor Shell, Hydro Cannon, Megahorn
    - Swanna used four: Bubblebeam, Pluck, Wing Attack, and can't remember which other move.. It looked like Fury Attack as Braviary used, it, but it can be a repeated Pluck.. -.-
    - Riolu will use more then four moves: Force Palm, Copy Cat(Air Cutter/Leaf Blade), Vacuum Wave, Circle Throw, Aura Sphere

    See how this is already better then the above? And especially vs. Tyson?

    If this were 'rushed, we wouldn't have seen half as many moves. We would've seen Glalie vs. Sceptile, or Torkoal vs. Darkrai situations. Yes, Ferrothorn didn't last long, but it wasn't as boring as Glalie vs. Sceptile, or Torkoal vs. Darkrai.. The writers obviously put effort in it, otherwise they wouldn't have given Ferrothorn a new move in the process!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    This is pretty much my issue with the League. I don't care about Ash's placement in it; the fact that he's going to lose to some silly character like Kotetsu who has deus ex machina powers that allow him to come up with strategies simply by snapping his headband to his forehead really leaves me seething. He's like an overpowered Ash. It's just not right. Add Trip's terrible League performance, Axew's filler and Virgil being paid dust to and everything just seems a whole lot worse. I'll be glad when the final ceremony starts.
    Which caused him to send out Ferrothorn vs. Pignite in this episode.. -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    I guess. It would show that Ash could have won, but lost due to bad luck of how he played out his battle with Kotetsu.
    To be quite honest, Ash didn't make that many mistakes compared to Kotetsu.. Kotetsu made the mistake of using Ferrothorn where he should've used Swanna.

    If we're going that route, it should've gone:
    - Boldore vs. Hydreigon: Hydreigon after a lot of damage
    - Snivy vs. Hydreigon: Attract, Snivy finishes it off..
    - Snivy vs. Samurott: Close battle, but Megahorn finishes Snivy off
    - Pikachu vs. Samurott: Pikachu
    - Pikachu vs. Ferrothorn: Switch
    - Pignite vs. Ferrothorn: Pignite
    - Pignite vs. Swanna: Swanna
    - Unfezant vs. Swanna: Tie
    - Oshawott vs. Riolu: Riolu
    - Pikachu vs. Lucario..

    I doubt people would've had trouble with this.. -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoku View Post
    It will be a draw, or Pikachu will faint Lucario, then faint, and since Kotetsu didn't have a 6th pokemon to bring out, the match will be declared a draw, and they'll both be eliminated because of that missing 6th pokemon.
    Watch a certain Combee fly by right before the dust of Aura Sphere vs. Electro Ball clears up.. -.-
    Last edited by Locormus; 20th December 2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  14. #1764
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Yeah the only way I can see Ash winning is if Ash wins and then Plasma interrupts the league. But if that happened then why would Ash be going back to Juniper's Lab . So it seems Ash will lose/tie to someone who only brought 5 Pokemon to a 6 vs 6 battle

  15. #1765
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    3,999

    Default

    Wow, just wow. Just when I thought Roxie's battle was lame they threw this battle at us. Now it makes me think does it rally matter to have close wins? We thought Ash vs Stephan battle was fine cause the battles in league are usually close but now this makes things even worse.

    By the way, is there any proof that Kotetsu didn't brought sixth Pokemon? Maybe he will not get a chance to send it in the battle.

    Edit: At this point I want him to become a recurring rival. I want to see Ash beat that guy fair and square. I don't care about Lucario anymore, just make him return to lose.
    Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 20th December 2012 at 11:04 AM.

  16. #1766
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Wow, just wow. Just when I thought Roxie's battle was lame they threw this battle at us. Now it makes me think does it rally matter to have close wins? We thought Ash vs Stephan battle was fine cause the battles in league are usually close but now this makes things even worse.

    By the way, is there any proof that Kotetsu didn't brought sixth Pokemon? Maybe he will not get a chance to send it in the battle.

    Edit: At this point I want him to become a recurring rival. I want to see Ash beat that guy fair and square. I don't care about Lucario anymore, just make him return to lose.
    Kotetsu said something, then Ash said, what? And then Kotetsu said something that included 'go gei go' or something Which means five against five
    Last edited by Locormus; 20th December 2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  17. #1767
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    Ash losing to kotetu is fine with me but it sucks its at the top 8
    also r u rreally fine with ash beating trip in round 1?? i would rather him battle him in top 8
    I admit Trip losing to Ash so early is very anti climax.The whole build up for the whole season ending in one episode 1 vs 1 was just lazy writing.But at least he accomplished one of his mission of the anime by beating his main rival. And I agree it will be a better one if Ash battle Trip at least in Top 8...

  18. #1768
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Iris' vagina
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Edit@ AFM. Do you even know what you're talking about?

    Yes, they took the stupidity too far. But Ash vs. Tyson wasn't necessarily any better, and it isn't rushed if you look at how many moves were used. Even Ferrothorn got to use three or even four moves if I missed one! Compare that to:
    - Glalie vs. Sceptile: One move each, double KO.
    - Torkoal vs. Shiftry: Torkoal used a single move, though he had to use it twice: Flamethrower.
    - Donphan only really used Rollout vs. Swellow and not much else.

    This battle
    - Boldore used three different moves, excluding Sandstorm.
    - Oshawott used four his moves
    - Pignite used four his moves
    - Pikachu has used four his moves
    - Unfezant has used her four moves
    - Snivy has used three moves, because Ash can't beat the last poke standing with Attract...
    - Hydreigon used four moves: Double Hit, Tri Attack, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush
    - Ferrothorn used three moves: Metal Claw, Pin Missile, missed it but looked like it, and Gyro Ball
    - Samurott used four moves: Aqua Jet, Razor Shell, Hydro Cannon, Megahorn
    - Swanna used: Bubblebeam, Wing Attack, and can't remember which other move..
    - Riolu will use more then four moves: Force Palm, Copy Cat(Air Cutter/Leaf Blade), Vacuum Wave, Circle Throw, Aura Sphere

    See how this is already better then the above? And especially vs. Tyson?

    If this were 'rushed, we wouldn't have seen half as many moves. We would've seen Glalie vs. Sceptile, or Torkoal vs. Darkrai situations. Yes, Ferrothorn didn't last long, but it wasn't as boring as Glalie vs. Sceptile, or Torkoal vs. Darkrai.. The writers obviously put effort in it, otherwise they wouldn't have given Ferrothorn a new move in the process!



    Which caused him to send out Ferrothorn vs. Pignite in this episode.. -.-



    To be quite honest, Ash didn't make that many mistakes compared to Kotetsu.. Kotetsu made the mistake of using Ferrothorn where he should've used Swanna.

    If we're going that route, it should've gone:
    - Boldore vs. Hydreigon: Hydreigon after a lot of damage
    - Snivy vs. Hydreigon: Attract, Snivy finishes it off..
    - Snivy vs. Samurott: Close battle, but Megahorn finishes Snivy off
    - Pikachu vs. Samurott: Pikachu
    - Pikachu vs. Ferrothorn: Switch
    - Pignite vs. Ferrothorn: Pignite
    - Pignite vs. Swanna: Swanna
    - Unfezant vs. Swanna: Tie
    - Oshawott vs. Riolu: Riolu
    - Pikachu vs. Lucario..

    I doubt people would've had trouble with this.. -.-



    Watch a certain Combee fly by right before the dust of Aura Sphere vs. Electro Ball clears up.. -.-
    I meant Ash vs Harrison -.- I always get him and Tyson mixed up. Idc how many moves Ash's Pokemon used, the battles felt rushed. Did Ash even command his Pokemon to dodge? Each battle was like a really short ping pong game.

  19. #1769
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Smash Run
    Posts
    6,711

    Default

    Yet another episode that can be considered "Rushed", only this time it's in the 2nd to last episode of this season. Only decent part personnally was Pignite and Hydreigon.


  20. #1770
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    8,997

    Default


    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  21. #1771
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    This league was crap to be fair
    Let's go Leavanny Energy ball

  22. #1772
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    8,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikacheed View Post
    This league was crap to be fair
    Opinion=/=Fact.

    Anyway, I personally don't like the league except for Oshawott's battle and I guess I could like Snivy's battle in this episode.

    But I definitely can't wait for more Lucario and the end of the league.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  23. #1773
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    i just wish it went on a little longer with ash vs bianca in a three on three then the stephen battle and the six on six battle with kotesu and then ash losing to Virgil in a six on six
    Let's go Leavanny Energy ball

  24. #1774
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikacheed View Post
    This league was crap to be fair
    To writer , Being fair mean other character humiliate Ash.

  25. #1775
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    223

    Default

    If pikachu outright KO'ed Lucario (no tie) and Kotetsu has no sixth, then I can see the judge giving Ash the match. I still think this is horrible writing on so many levels (forget the placement, why have Ash lose to someone dumber than him), but I will admit that logistics in general have this battle in kotetsu's favor.

    Ok, so druddigon is in this ep? I can see Virgil losing to Imotaru, who goes on to beat his next opponent in the semis (likely kotetsu), and then win the league.

    As for the seemingly horrible writing, the only justifiable explanation I can think of is the unova league being a giant plot device for Ash to return to "serious training" (ie. DP era).

Page 71 of 142 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •