Page 83 of 142 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3537

Thread: Bws2-24 Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu! [FIRST POST]

  1. #2051
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I love how Snivy didn't even attempt to use Attract this entire battle.. the writers really want Ash to lose here.
    When she uses it people say her wins are cheap...

  2. #2052
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your heart
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    I honestly thought the previous episode was enjoying, and i'm expecting this one to be also, but my biggest is ash's treatment, why are the writing trying to make ash come of as weak?

    Half of his team is unevolved, and he hasn't won a damn thing in this saga, but atleast the writers are keeping a bit of realism in this saga, there is no way ash's team could actually beat kotesu.

    So i'll give them that.
    Realism....... riolu beat unfeazant in matter of seconds I think it kind of destroys what you're saying.... but thank god the anime is diferent from the games it would be very predictable if it followed every rule

  3. #2053
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    4,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    Realism....... riolu beat unfeazant in matter of seconds I think it kind of destroys what you're saying.... but thank god the anime is diferent from the games it would be very predictable if it followed every rule
    The same unfeazant that has only been in 7 battles?
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Multishipper / I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig


    Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunset
    ChatanGo | BulbaGarden Forums | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

  4. #2054
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Anyone else wishs this Whole series to be Dream created by Zekrem when he hit Ash & Pikachu with his thunder.
    I know I'm !

  5. #2055
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Asperita City
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Anyone else wishs this Whole series to be Dream created by Zekrem when he hit Ash & Pikachu with his thunder.
    I know I'm !
    I don't. It's just another season, it's just another tournament. Ash won plenty of tournaments back in the DP saga. Apart from the Tag Battle Competition, there were minor tournaments that Ash had won with battling skill. This isn't a dream, this is the real deal, and you just have to accept it.

    Now onto Kotetsu, or whatever his dub name will be. "Scatterbrained" is definitely a trait of his, being that he only brought five Pokémon to a full battle! But I digress, as each of those of those Pokémon have shown to be incredibly powerful, except for Swanna that is. Look, as much as people might hate Kotetsu for having the super powerful Pokémon in his arsenal, he's still an idiot of a trainer. Thinks the Unova League will be in Johto, thinks you only need seven badges, didn't register for the league until the last minute, and now is fighting Ash in a full battle with only 5 Pokémon. The reason I'm okay with this is because each Pokémon on either side (mainly Ash's) got equal amount of battle time, and were able to deal serious blows to their opponents, that is except for Unfezant. (Writers, give that bird a new move already!) I'm now really excited for the Lucario VS Pikachu battle. While the result is already heavily implied, I still look forward to it nonetheless, cause it's 2 against 1, and Lucario is about to unleash some major tactics on Snivy and Pikachu, while those two are gonna do their best to fight back.

    Okay vodor, your move this time. *walks off into the distance*

  6. #2056
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    And People still think writer doesn't hate Ash !!!
    If this is not enough proof then people are just plain blind !
    Well I am legally blind and the writers do not hate Ash. Well would they hate a character ego they made into a underdog trainer who has to earn everything not on a silver platter?

  7. #2057
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    My biggest problem with this league, is that Ash has too many Pokémon. This is why is starters aren't all evolved by now.
    He already sucks at training and having 10 Pokémon to juggle between isn't helping, either. Hoenn and Sinnoh Leagues were so much better, because Ash stuck to his 5 Captures + Wild Card.
    I hate Pikari. She stole all of Takeshi's screen time, Plus Poké Balls, and along with her evil Penguin, Spammed all of Takeshi's Pokémon with Everstones.
    That explains so much of what happened to him in DP, and why he didn't speak to Dawn much... or ever.
    The only time a character truly dies is when you don't see them in shows anymore. RIP Takeshi.
    http://gpxplus.net/user/Blob55

  8. #2058
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Iris' vagina
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Has the va list for this episode been announced yet?

  9. #2059
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    My biggest problem with this league, is that Ash has too many Pokémon. This is why is starters aren't all evolved by now.
    He already sucks at training and having 10 Pokémon to juggle between isn't helping, either. Hoenn and Sinnoh Leagues were so much better, because Ash stuck to his 5 Captures + Wild Card.
    Ash's Unova team is fine and Ash does not suck at Training.
    *Sigh*

    People really expected way too much of Unova, now they think they hate Ash and want the writers to retire.

  10. #2060
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Ash's Unova team is fine and Ash does not suck at Training.
    *Sigh*

    People really expected way too much of Unova, now they think they hate Ash and want the writers to retire.
    I really don't call this training, chosing a Pokémon who never battle in a Gym Battle win by then. Why could Ash cannot train his Pokémon better ? Like making the attacks more powerful using them on a rock (like Iron Tail in Hoenn..) or making battle inside of his team, just like Dawn did before her Grand Festival. Ash's only counting on the less number of battle he does for training his Pokémon. You can also see that the number of Pokémon he has actually is too much to trained them all. He could also continue his training with Iris, after getting Dragonite, or using the never-used Emolga to fight !
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt account ا my shiny hunting Youtube channel
    my shiny hunting Google+ page

        Spoiler:- Current shiny hunts:

  11. #2061
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad (India)
    Posts
    3,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    My biggest problem with this league, is that Ash has too many Pokémon. This is why is starters aren't all evolved by now.
    He already sucks at training and having 10 Pokémon to juggle between isn't helping, either. Hoenn and Sinnoh Leagues were so much better, because Ash stuck to his 5 Captures + Wild Card.
    Then why did only Chikorita evolve during the whole course of Johto.

    In the whole Johto saga Ash got a total of 6 pokemons. Heracross was Oak'ed pretty quickly after its capture and stayed there until the Johto League. But thats not a problem as it doesn't have any evolutions. And Noctowl was caught evolved and was quite powerful from the start.

    So, Ash had only 4 pokemons to work with. But only one evolved that to only once. Also none of Ash's older Kanto/OI pokemons evolve during this time. Plus the only older pokemons (except Pikachu, of course) who took part in the gym battles during Johto were Charizard and Snorlax.

    Its clear that the reason the writers/animators didn't evolve the starters (in Tepig's case a late evolution) is because they wanted them for promotional purpose and use them as much as they could.

    Leaving Scraggy out (since it hatched form an Egg), Ash had 8 more pokemons to work with, out of which they fully evolved three pokemons and three are in there 2nd stage (one of them was caught in its 2nd stage). So, this technically left only 2 pokemons unevolved.

    The writers had plenty of time to evolve atleast two more pokemon to their final stage and atleast one pokemon to there 2nd stage. They could have easily given another "during important battle evolution" for Ash (even though i wouldn't have liked it) if they wanted during the league.

    Also, Ash technically didn't juggle at all considering that he didn't use Unfezant until the 6th gym and Scraggy until the 7th gym (even though Ash had both of them from the time around 3rd gym), which left him with only 6 pokemons (excluding Pikachu) to use until the 5th gym time.

    Another fact is that he used Pikachu in 5 gym battles (in which it fought 7 pokemons and won against 5 and lost against 2). Why was Pikachu used so many times when it already had appeared in many gyms in the past regions.

    If the writers had cut down on its battles and wins, and given those to other pokemons, then that would have worked much better, plus it would have given more chances for Ash pokemons to evolve.

    Here are some examples as to what they could have done.
    They could have made Pikachu lose against Elesa's Tynamo and then used Snivy against it and given it a win there.
    Against Roxie, they could have evolved Palpitoad against Garbodor and either made it win, or still lose the battle.
    Like this there were countless chances for the writers, but they instead did something else. To me the starters where mostly there on screen for promotion. As for gym battles they weren't that good.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 21st December 2012 at 1:36 PM.

  12. #2062
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I really don't call this training, chosing a Pokémon who never battle in a Gym Battle win by then. Why could Ash cannot train his Pokémon better ? Like making the attacks more powerful using them on a rock (like Iron Tail in Hoenn..) or making battle inside of his team, just like Dawn did before her Grand Festival. Ash's only counting on the less number of battle he does for training his Pokémon. You can also see that the number of Pokémon he has actually is too much to trained them all. He could also continue his training with Iris, after getting Dragonite, or using the never-used Emolga to fight !
    Oh and like noone caught a Pokemon before the Elite 4? Just because you and several others don't like how the Unova team was handled, doesn't mean you have to be hypercritical. Most of his Pokemon did decent damage to Hydrageon and did their part. It doesn't make his team weak just because, wait a second, all his Pokemon battled in the Unova gyms and each have two-three wins.

    It really doesn't matter the outcome, how people think the writers hate Ash, or should be retired. It will still be a decent finale to season two.

  13. #2063
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I really don't call this training, chosing a Pokémon who never battle in a Gym Battle win by then. Why could Ash cannot train his Pokémon better ? Like making the attacks more powerful using them on a rock (like Iron Tail in Hoenn..) or making battle inside of his team, just like Dawn did before her Grand Festival. Ash's only counting on the less number of battle he does for training his Pokémon. You can also see that the number of Pokémon he has actually is too much to trained them all. He could also continue his training with Iris, after getting Dragonite, or using the never-used Emolga to fight !
    Ya Its all Ash's fault !
    He's the one who told the writer to focus on Cilan & Iris instate of prepare him for Unova League .

  14. #2064
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kathmandu, Nepal
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Another fact is that he used Pikachu in 5 gym battles (in which it fought 7 pokemons and won against 5 and lost against 2). Why was Pikachu used so many times when it already had appeared in many gyms in the past regions.
    Well, this is the most irritting part! I mean, I don't mind pkmn unevolving or some pkmn not being used for good times. Why Pikachu used in so many bttles?
    I don't think Pikachu needs thatt much of limelight after travelling with Ash in every saga! And now, the league! Couldn't Pikachu loose against Hydreigon and Oshawott/ Boldore/ Unfezant/ Leavanny/ Scraggy be in place of Pikachu?
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

  15. #2065
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Ya Its all Ash's fault !
    He's the one who told the writer to focus on Cilan & Iris instate of prepare him for Unova League .
    Okay, now you are really crazy. How can a fictional character tell real life people what to do?

  16. #2066
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    Well, this is the most irritting part! I mean, I don't mind pkmn unevolving or some pkmn not being used for good times. Why Pikachu used in so many bttles?
    I don't think Pikachu needs thatt much of limelight after travelling with Ash in every saga! And now, the league! Couldn't Pikachu loose against Hydreigon and Oshawott/ Boldore/ Unfezant/ Leavanny/ Scraggy be in place of Pikachu?
    Pikachu is always going to be Ash's main/first choice in tough situations, I hope next league Pikachu is injured or something happens to it that prevents it from battling like Kingler in the Silver conference*
    Last edited by DMerle; 21st December 2012 at 2:11 PM.

  17. #2067
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Pikachu is always going to be Ash's main/first choice in tough situations, I hope next league Pikachu is injured or something happens to it that prevents it from battling like Kingler in the whirl cup.

    Unless Pikachu gets kidnapped, I find it unlikely. Plus how will Pikachu get injured? Unless one of his matches pulls a Paul, then still unlikely.

  18. #2068
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Unless Pikachu gets kidnapped, I find it unlikely. Plus how will Pikachu get injured? Unless one of his matches pulls a Paul, then still unlikely.
    Like he did in the start of Best Wishes when it got stopped from using electrical attacks, it's happened before and is something the writers could easily pull-off.

    edit: Just realised I said Kingler was injured before the Whirl Cup, I meant the Silver conference - my bad.
    Last edited by DMerle; 21st December 2012 at 2:12 PM.

  19. #2069
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Like he did in the start of Best Wishes when it got stopped from using electrical attacks, it's happened before and is something the writers could easily pull-off.

    To this day, we don't know why Zekrom targeted Ash and you know how feel about episode 1. It never dies.

  20. #2070
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    To this day, we don't know why Zekrom targeted Ash and you know how feel about episode 1. It never dies.
    It doesn't matter why or how it happens, I'm just saying it could easily happen. It could be like the Zekrom episode, or like when Kingler got injured just before the Silver conference. Either would work.

  21. #2071
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    It doesn't matter why or how it happens, I'm just saying it could easily happen. It could be like the Zekrom episode, or like when Kingler got injured just before the Silver conference. Either would work.
    I understand people wanted more screentime from the other Pokemon but wouldn't kicking out Pikachu be no better than the other way around? People can hate on Pikachu, but what if he gets neglected? What if he gets less gyms and league battles and everyone's dream fully evolved water starter takes all the glory?

  22. #2072
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Then why did only Chikorita evolve during the whole course of Johto.

    In the whole Johto saga Ash got a total of 6 pokemons. Heracross was Oak'ed pretty quickly after its capture and stayed there until the Johto League. But thats not a problem as it doesn't have any evolutions. And Noctowl was caught evolved and was quite powerful from the start.

    So, Ash had only 4 pokemons to work with. But only one evolved that to only once. Also none of Ash's older Kanto/OI pokemons evolve during this time. Plus the only older pokemons (except Pikachu, of course) who took part in the gym battles during Johto were Charizard and Snorlax.
    That's because Ash was also using his Kanto Pokémon during that Leauge, at least at the beginning.
    IMO, this just proofs my point that if Ash has any more than 5/6 Pokémon to train, he loses it.
    Last edited by blob; 21st December 2012 at 2:48 PM.
    I hate Pikari. She stole all of Takeshi's screen time, Plus Poké Balls, and along with her evil Penguin, Spammed all of Takeshi's Pokémon with Everstones.
    That explains so much of what happened to him in DP, and why he didn't speak to Dawn much... or ever.
    The only time a character truly dies is when you don't see them in shows anymore. RIP Takeshi.
    http://gpxplus.net/user/Blob55

  23. #2073
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    I understand people wanted more screentime from the other Pokemon but wouldn't kicking out Pikachu be no better than the other way around? People can hate on Pikachu, but what if he gets neglected? What if he gets less gyms and league battles and everyone's dream fully evolved water starter takes all the glory?
    Pikachu's had the spotlight for 15 seasons, I'm sure people would cope if he took a backseat for a few minutes.

  24. #2074
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Pikachu's had the spotlight for 15 seasons, I'm sure people would cope if he took a backseat for a few minutes.
    Wasn't Pikachu only in 2/3 Gyms in Sinnoh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    wait a second, all his Pokemon battled in the Unova gyms and each have two-three wins.
    What about poor Unfezant? She's had Zero wins. Also, I'm pretty sure that Boldore has only had one.
    I hate Pikari. She stole all of Takeshi's screen time, Plus Poké Balls, and along with her evil Penguin, Spammed all of Takeshi's Pokémon with Everstones.
    That explains so much of what happened to him in DP, and why he didn't speak to Dawn much... or ever.
    The only time a character truly dies is when you don't see them in shows anymore. RIP Takeshi.
    http://gpxplus.net/user/Blob55

  25. #2075
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    To this day, we don't know why Zekrom targeted Ash and you know how feel about episode 1. It never dies.
    Well we will find out why it attacked him this N saga. I just realized that they've been hinting at a connection between Ash and Zekrom this entire time... Anyways, yes, Pikachu will never die.

    @blob Why does everyone forget that Unfezant defeated Swanna? Also, it beat Swoobat as a Tranquill.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Page 83 of 142 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •