Thread: Pikachu, before he met Ash

Default Pikachu, before he met Ash

I wish we had an episode showing what Pikachu did before he met Ash. How did Prof Oak catch him, was he a leader, did he have wild pokemon friends. We saw meowths past so Pikachu should be next.

All I can say is that Ash's Pikachu, like all Pikachu, was born as a Pichu.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

There was a main point in showing meowth past as knowing how he learned to talk was a big plot point and it brought up the hole what he will do for love that ultimately came back most recently in BW. There is no point in telling Pikachu past it would not do anything for the main story as it would not tell us something that we did not already know and when mewoth past was told that was season 1 I think season 16 or 17 a little to late.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    All I can say is that Ash's Pikachu, like all Pikachu, was born as a Pichu.
    Or just a small Pikachu had a flashback episode aired in the first season lol.

If Pikachu was different from any other Pikachu, we probably would've gotten a little backstory by now. Just because Team Rocket says Ash's Pikachu is "special" and thus the reason why they keep trying to capture him doesn't mean he actually is. If someone other than Team Rocket brought up the fact that Ash's Pikachu is different for special reasons, then yeah, I would've liked a flashback of Pikachu's past.

But alas, no one seems to care. Thus, we are just left to fan speculation about what makes Ash's Pikachu so "special". I mean, I would like to know why it is Pikachu can't stand to be in a PokéBall, but it's safe to say that's just his personality, and his dislike for PokéBalls has come up at least one other time, so that's just all we're given about this particular Pikachu.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I thought he was like Brock's Mudkip. Born in some Nursery somewhere and never adopted because he was stubborn and not " cute " like the other baby Pokemon. Eventually he evolved and couldn't be adopted out, so Professor Oak took him to study and take care off. Pikachu proved to be a handful with him so he just left it in the Pokeball until he could dump it off on some unsuspecting Trainer. Pikachu's hatred of Pokeballs was because he was kept in one for most of his life up until he met Ash. His fear of abandonment was because both the nursery owner and Oak pretty much gave up on him.

All I can speculate is either that Pikachu's evolution from Pichu must have been traumatizing or that it had a rivalry/hatred of Raichu that makes it adamant to evolve (though it's probably the former since the first time we saw Pikachu see a Raichu on-screen it didn't look like any bad memories were popping up). And like the poster above me said, it must have been cooped up in a PokeBall for so long that it is now afraid to go back in.

There was a short in one movie talking about Pikachu's history.

Quote Originally Posted by pokepokeballball View Post
    There was a short in one movie talking about Pikachu's history.
    Which one?

I bet he was a very grouchy little Pichu... xD

Anyways, so what's this short you're talking about? I've never seen one that shows Pikachu's past...

I think something bad happened in it's past since it won't go in the Pokeball. Maybe he was left an orphan because his mother was caught, while he was just left in the wild to fend for itself.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Honestly, he was a wild Pichu/little Pikachu--whichever works for you--, and he probably had a lot of spunk from the very beginning. As much as I would love to see an episode or even a clip that explains our favorite yellow mouse's past, I think the writers find it a bit uneeded. After all, the backstory of some main of human characters aren't told in full detail (*coughCilancough*), so why would a Pokemon?

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I think something bad happened in it's past since it won't go in the Pokeball. Maybe he was left an orphan because his mother was caught, while he was just left in the wild to fend for itself.
    Or maybe he was just grumpy from all of the time that he was cooped up in the Poke Ball and whenever he was let out, he would give the trainer he was given to an introduction Thundershock that drove them away. Personally, I imagine him as a former Pikachu gang leader or a wild Pikachu that just liked to cause trouble when he was still not captured.

It would be quite interesting an episode showing Pikachu's past before knowing Ash. I would like they made one, like they made for Meowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    It would be quite interesting an episode showing Pikachu's past before knowing Ash. I would like they made one, like they made for Meowth.
    I like to know about Pikachu's past and I know in some way that Professor Oak was giving a Pikachu for Ash on his journey to begin with.

In West Kanto Region born and raised. In Viridian Forest is where he spent most of his days. XD

They mainly showed how Meowth learn to talk and how he met TR. Also that love thing with "Meowzie". The only thing really unique about pikachu is that he doesn't like to be in the pokeball. It would be nice to see Pikachu's history but I don't have high hopes on seeing that.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

He was a laboratory experiment designed to make a super pokemon. However the machine exploded and ejected Pikachu into the sky leaving it with 2 things. One was a power level that surges and ebbs randomly, at maximum it has power rivaling that of legendaries, at mininum a magikarp could beat it. It also for some reason forces Pikachu to feel excruciating pain when converted to data.

it was ****. it became strong due the love Ash gave him.
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back