Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scenes In Movie Teasers That Aren't Shown In The Movie Itself

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I did some reasearch and apparently, Movie 3 and 4 were going to be connected through Mewtwo.

p.s, before Mewtwo Returns I imagine this was going to be his follow up. Johto lacked quite a few Legendaries, and Mewtwo was incredibly popular still at that time so it would have been awesome for him to return in an actual movie instead of a special.
    Believe me, I wish that were true. That would've been awesome, but I didn't mind how Mewtwo Returns turned out (especially since 4KIDS barely tampered with it, surprisingly). It was still really dark, and it dared to (attempt to) kill the main character. It's what later (especially after the Birth of Mewtwo CD Drama) sealed to me that Giovanni is a nasty villain in the Pokémon series, and he's awesome for it. This is what the Pokémon series needs more of, honestly xD.

Really? Fair enough. I'm not doubting you but just wondering how you know for definite? I can't find the original interviews and such, but I did find a site that said the same rumours I heard here.
    Eh... I'm not really buying it. Like you said, it's just a rumor, and not confirmed. I don't know if they were planning on having Mewtwo return in a movie outside of cameos. I actually never saw him in a movie cameo until after the special (and then you see him in an awesome cloak). So I don't know what it is they were exactly planning. But yeah, these preview trailers are almost like a kick in the gut once the actual film comes out. Because half of the time, it's not as good as the preview scenes. It's like they're too afraid to get ballsy and add some real action in a Pokémon movie.

Just out of curiousity, how did you find it? I looked all over.
    I found it through Copy Cat, a Mewtwo and Mew-centric website. It was a smaller picture size, though, so I didn't get a good look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Hau-au, I just noticed he's standing outside looking out, not in. xD
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I liked the water coming in where Ash & May get caught in it in the movie 9 trailer
    I also wish Dialga Palkia and Giratina were fighting each other before they fight Arceus together in the 12th movie
    And about the Evil Ash, let's just assume that was Zoura doing in the first teaser of Movie 13 Not to mention Zoroark had a male voice in her Debut trailer
    Speaking of Movie 13, WHY was Ho-Oh and Lugia was shown in the Movie 13 sneak peak! Did the writers plan to make that but scratched that to the Legendary Dogs instead?
    Also if anyone saw the 6th movie trailers, did you just saw Ash & Pikachu fall off from Flygon when it got hit by Salamence but Max hold tight on to Flygon?
    Ah yes the movie 8 trailers, and one of my favorites where it had a epic music playing from the point of The Tree of Beginning and Kid Summers climbing up the castle to Ash looking at the Wounded Lucario (Foreshadowing his Death).
    And did anyone looked at the first Movie 3 trailer Where Ash & Co were running upstairs from the fire and a shot of...MEWTWO!? And a data screen and Team Rocket running away from the collapsing bridge.
    And of course the infamous Movie 7 trailers where Deoxys seemed very violent that it looked like it would be evil
    Oh and uh the movie 11 trailers where Ash is riding on Zero's machine into Giratina who is still battling Dialga and Zero popping the bubble on the boat with Dawn and Brock, and Shaymin was still Land form when the Magnemite army came into the train (There were hiding Shaymin's Sky Form) and Ash climbing on top of Zero's ship and Pikachu gets blown off.
    THESE SCENES... Y U NO AT FINAL FILM

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

I remember when in Movie 11, there was a short teaser with Regigigas's HUGE (really, it's fingers were taller than the whole forest) coming out of underground.

Now that would have been epic. What we got instead was a half-assed role for now not-so-huge Regigigas moving some glaciers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    I remember when in Movie 11, there was a short teaser with Regigigas's HUGE (really, it's fingers were taller than the whole forest) coming out of underground.

Now that would have been epic. What we got instead was a half-assed role for now not-so-huge Regigigas moving some glaciers.
    Guess that's why they're called "teasers."

I will never forget how good Movie 10 could have been: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGD4oeVrihY
    I would actually rather watch this preview over and over again, instead of the movie itself..

Pidgeot actually returning for a decent role 'in a movie' and being that huge couldve been amazing! Shame they didn't have the balls..
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

The scenes in the trailers are awesome! Some of them deserve to be in the actual movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I would actually rather watch this preview over and over again, instead of the movie itself..

Pidgeot actually returning for a decent role 'in a movie' and being that huge couldve been amazing! Shame they didn't have the balls..
    I couldn't agree anymore even if I tried. I agree so much.

It's not even because of Pidgeot though, the entire movie teaser just made the film look much more dramatic and emotional compared to the actual movie. It enfuriates me that the writers would even tease us (irony lolz) with such a good trailer if the film was nothing like it. It just depresses me thinking how good the DP movie could have been.

Exactly..

Now don't get me wrong, the Darkrai movie wasn't a bad movie at all.. but it definitely could've been so much better if they'd made it more like it was in that preview.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Exactly..

Now don't get me wrong, the Darkrai movie wasn't a bad movie at all.. but it definitely could've been so much better if they'd made it more like it was in that preview.
    And again I couldn't agree anymore. It's my favourite DP movie, but it could have been even better.

Mentioning Pidgeot in the last quote though, I really wish they did bring back Ash's Pidgeot for this movie. It would have worked so well. DP was known for so many references to past generations that it would have fitted perfectly. That and the fan service would have loved it.

Charizard returned in Movie 3 and everything went fine. As far as i'm aware Movie 3 has never suffered critisism for Charizard returning so I highly doubt anybody would have complained for Pidgeot returning in Movie 10 either.

I don't know if this counts but in the movie 15 trailer shows iris in the blimp attacked by cryoganal in the day but in the movie the seen was at night.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaUGS View Post
    Do you know any YT video that have that entire scene included?
    I'll have to find it again. On Youtube you can put Pokemon 2000 Japanese trailer. Then there Misty cries as Ash falls off the cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    I'll have to find it again. On Youtube you can put Pokemon 2000 Japanese trailer. Then there Misty cries as Ash falls off the cliff.
    I looked on youtube but did not find it. Can you find it and post a link.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

I agree that the Darkrai movie could've been a lot better with Pidgeot making a return. Was it really supposed to be Ash's Pidgeot?
    I grew up with Pokémon. And I cherish and love it. I watched every episode from the very first and I've read all of viz's pokespe translations out so far. And i first played the games starting from Pokémon Sapphire. And my favorite anime characters are Ash's female traveling companions and my favorite Pokespe characters are Sapphire and Platinum.

PM me for 3DS FC

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too. Started by legolover8.

~By Your Side~

I remember a poster from the second movie in which a pyramid appear in a tropical island...!! And the group of Rattata's helping Pikachu and Spiky eared pikachu in the arceus movie!

I loved some of the scenes in the second movie teasers. The Legendary Birds looked epic in the first trailer, and the second teaser (with Ash jumping off a cliff) had some great shots. The one shot of Lugia silouhetted against the sun/ moon was posted everywhere on the Internet when the movie was coming out.

I bought the English soundtrack CD and the packaging actually uses some of those scenes.

In the first trailer for the first movie, who was the woman with Misty?

Quote Originally Posted by lanmanna View Post
    In the first trailer for the first movie, who was the woman with Misty?
    Voyager, a minor character in the movie who's more important because of who she's voiced by (Kobayashi) than because of the actual role she plays.

I just remember half of the pokemon heros trailer found on pokemon 4 ever weren't in the movie.

I think there was a scene in the movie nine trailer where Ash and May and being taken away by some sort of river, look distressed. Also in the movie before that, wasn't Ash meant to ride a Pidgeot or something? It's funny, it's does parts the fans look forward the most only to be greeted by dispointed when the movie is released. xD

Quote Originally Posted by midnightjewelz View Post
    It's funny, it's does parts the fans look forward the most only to be greeted by dispointed when the movie is released. xD
    You'd think they'd wait until most of the actual movie is done instead making up cool scenes that'll never be in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightjewelz View Post
    I think there was a scene in the movie nine trailer where Ash and May and being taken away by some sort of river, look distressed.
    Really that sounds awesome.

Could anybody locate this teaser trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    -cut-
    Cheers Dephender, could you provide us with the link to those scans instead of just one? I go on pocketmonsters quite a lot, it's useful for images like this.

Cheers Dephender, could you provide us with the link to those scans instead of just one? I go on pocketmonsters quite a lot, it's useful for images like this.
    There's no link to anything more substantial (just this), I took this one single screenshot from my DVD upon your request.

I remember a scene from the Giritina and Shaymin movie. Ash was standing on this cliff overlooking some flowers with a tornado made of water that was being surrounded by flower petals...Yeah, I remember watching that movie looking for that specific scene- never saw it :/
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast