Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is this even fair to Ash?

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    God, how many threads for angry fans to whine about Best Wishes and pine for the good old days of Diamond/Pearl does that forum NEED? ._.

Who cares what's fair to Ash, he's an anime character. We don't even have a summary of the league episode yet.
    AG was great too. And Johto and Kanto were okay starts, but it's best not to go back to that style after the progress they've made. Why care about the whole anime if you don't care about Ash? It's supposed to be about his journey

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    I'm really curious what Ash did between Sinnoh and Unova...
    Sacrificed his Pikachu to Ho-oh to keep him immortal, catch a new one, run into Mewtwo and get his memory wiped again.

The usual stuff inbetween regions.

i love that kotetsu beat ash in league cause he my favorite rival character
    but i hate that he beat him in top 8 =.= it just uuugh like a huge letdown

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    God, how many threads for angry fans to whine about Best Wishes and pine for the good old days of Diamond/Pearl does that forum NEED? ._.
    Hey, that's MY line!

But thanks for using it. XD

I prefer it this way. I didn't want Virgil winning the league

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Who says he won't?

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    You don't need that "much of". Tobias didn't have one.

I don't see the big problem about Ash losing to Kotetsu either, his team is fairly decent.
    Tobias had enough of a personality:
    - The one who doesn't really give a crap about 10-year-olds when he knows that he'll surely beat them anyhow, but isn't too stuck up to show some appreciation if he's surprised by one.

He didn't really need a backstory, but his character was believable. He was never there to see how he would fair against 10-year-olds that probably couldn't withstand his strength anyway, so why would he get all riled up over battling Ash, or anybody in the first place? He's there to win, and then fight against Cynthia, and he wasn't going to lose his calm regardless. Ash surprised him, and he showed respect for that after he still won.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    I think it was the second thing, since there was the two legendaries.
    Oh please.. If you have on legendary, you can catch more.. It's as simple as that.. The thing is that people are still butthurt about Latios.. We were warned about Ash facing a legendary and out popped a second! -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Sacrificed his Pikachu to Ho-oh to keep him immortal, catch a new one, run into Mewtwo and get his memory wiped again.

The usual stuff inbetween regions.
    I would sig if I sigged..

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    What Taidow said.. And also, if Ash beats Kotetsu in the beginning of BW2-24, then what's stopping another curbstomp in the semi's?

I honestly don't see the Top8 rank as being that set in stone yet.. Remember, apparently, RioluCario is battling a ton of adversaries in the first episode:
    - Pikachu
    - Unfezant
    - Snivy

It's going to get tired at some point.. So Lucario is his last pokemon, likely that is, they probably want a cliffhanger and the evolution is that.. Two match ups in the first 4 minutes:
    - Snivy vs. Lucario: Lucario
    - Pikachu vs. Lucario: Pikachu

Then we have a rushed full battle (13 minutes is what we likely would have left, and 8 minutes would suffice) against Virgil, and Ash can lose with the 'Harrison'-excuse that Pikachu was too tired from Lucario and hadn't healed yet..
    - Unfezant, Oshawott, and Snivy can get their wins against Virgil, and Scraggy, Krookodile can get more battling time as well, before Pikachu's eventual demise.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Tobias had enough of a personality:
    - The one who doesn't really give a crap about 10-year-olds when he knows that he'll surely beat them anyhow, but isn't too stuck up to show some appreciation if he's surprised by one.

He didn't really need a backstory, but his character was believable. He was never there to see how he would fair against 10-year-olds that probably couldn't withstand his strength anyway, so why would he get all riled up over battling Ash, or anybody in the first place? He's there to win, and then fight against Cynthia, and he wasn't going to lose his calm regardless. Ash surprised him, and he showed respect for that after he still won.

Oh please.. If you have on legendary, you can catch more.. It's as simple as that.. The thing is that people are still butthurt about Latios.. We were warned about Ash facing a legendary and out popped a second! -.-

I would sig if I sigged..

What Taidow said.. And also, if Ash beats Kotetsu in the beginning of BW2-24, then what's stopping another curbstomp in the semi's?

I honestly don't see the Top8 rank as being that set in stone yet.. Remember, apparently, RioluCario is battling a ton of adversaries in the first episode:
    - Pikachu
    - Unfezant
    - Snivy

It's going to get tired at some point.. So Lucario is his last pokemon, likely that is, they probably want a cliffhanger and the evolution is that.. Two match ups in the first 4 minutes:
    - Snivy vs. Lucario: Lucario
    - Pikachu vs. Lucario: Pikachu

Then we have a rushed full battle (13 minutes is what we likely would have left, and 8 minutes would suffice) against Virgil, and Ash can lose with the 'Harrison'-excuse that Pikachu was too tired from Lucario and hadn't healed yet..
    - Unfezant, Oshawott, and Snivy can get their wins against Virgil, and Scraggy, Krookodile can get more battling time as well, before Pikachu's eventual demise.
    thing to consider is that the writers may choose not to show a round again like they did at the start of the episode 'axew gets lost'

Quote Originally Posted by JasonChu View Post
    Kotetsu gets a secret weapon ,than his Riolu evolves into Lucario.
    if Ash doesn't beat this hack, the anime should be cancel.
    No the anime shouldn't be canceled but it should be protested against. Why do this here of all regions when this could have been done in Sinnoh is my question?

My ideal battle ever!

I have to admit getting a hydreigon.. i mean secret weapon is giving him an advantage. Now riolu is gonna evolve... Great!! A lucky evolution... blah, becomes really strong, blah... beats ash. We've seen it before and i don't want to see it again. If he's gonna lose make it because of strength, not a lucky evolution.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I have learn one thing !!!
    Thing isn't unfair unless Ash is one who get it .
    For example
    -Iris never being beaten by anyone of her age expect Ash
    -Cilan being Superior then all A-class Connoisseur
    -Trip serperior shown as the master of Speed even though both Sceptile and Infernape are faster then Serperior
    -Iris getting a fully evolve Pseudo Legendary Pokemon.
    -Trip reaching Paul level within 3 month.
    -Trip being Another Trobias in Junior Cup.

If Any of those thing happen with Adh then everybody will find it unfair but since those thing happen with other character so hardly anyone complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    For example
    -Trip serperior shown as the master of Speed even though both Sceptile and Infernape are faster then Serperior

If Any of those thing happen with Adh then everybody will find it unfair but since those thing happen with other character so hardly anyone complain about it.
    Tha actually makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    If they show Virgil at all, I'm starting to think they'll just cut-in to his match with Ash....towards it's end.

That's not true at all.

Um, Iris has lost to people her age other then Ash. Or at least around her age.

Not sure why this is an issue.

Right, because it's not like a bunch of people ever complained about this...

Again, as if a bunch of people didn't complain about it.

Not sure where you got a time frame from, and pretty sure you're complaining about something that's not true.

... How was he another Tobias? He didn't use a single legendary...

Hardly? The majority of fans complained about several of your points, and several others aren't even real. The only valid point would be about Cilan, which is moot.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

I should really catch up with the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleBoy View Post
    I should really catch up with the anime.
    Uhm okay? Why do you bring that up here? :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Uhm okay? Why do you bring that up here? :P
    Because he obviously needs to catch up with the anime.

Serperior is faster the Infernape. The fire monkey only has a base speed of 108, Serperior has a base speed of 113. Sceptile is suppose to be faster though
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Serperior is faster the Infernape. The fire monkey only has a base speed of 108, Serperior has a base speed of 113. Sceptile is suppose to be faster though
    normally I would say Games=/=Anime, but in this particular case, it's kinda right.

The writers' goal has been accomplished. Serebii Forum Anime Spoilers section is now under a hurricane. EVERYONE, HIDE IN YOUR HOUSES!

I'm actually glad that Ash doesn't get Top 2 to be honest. If I'm right, he doesn't even do REAL training. Gym 3 was a pile of bull and Gym 8 was 6v3. I'm not complaining or anything, but it'd be better with 6v6.

Kotetsu beating him was underwhelming though... That leaves Ash vs Kotetsu THE only 6v6 in the league, unless they decide to pull another rushed virgil's umbreon pwn everything in 5 minutes episode. Speedrun Umbreon, lululu

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

In all honesty, Ash deserves to lose.

This is just like Kanto all over again. He gets notice of the League months ahead of time, and what does he do to prepare? Goof off and get sidetracked by every little unimportant character that crosses his path. He deserved Top 16th in Kanto and deserves anything less than Top 4 this time. If he spent his time actually trying and taking the League serious, then maybe he wouldn't be stuck losing to someone who apparently becomes Rain Man when it comes to battles, but can't be trusted to tie his own shoes otherwise.

Any complaints about Ash's placing this League is unwarranted, because he didn't nothing of the sort to improve upon what happened in the last League he entered. Doesn't matter who he faces in the end, if he didn't do the work and and put in the time to actually get better, then he doesn't deserve to win anything.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    In all honesty, Ash deserves to lose.

This is just like Kanto all over again. He gets notice of the League months ahead of time, and what does he do to prepare? Goof off and get sidetracked by every little unimportant character that crosses his path. He deserved Top 16th in Kanto and deserves anything less than Top 4 this time. If he spent his time actually trying and taking the League serious, then maybe he wouldn't be stuck losing to someone who apparently becomes Rain Man when it comes to battles, but can't be trusted to tie his own shoes otherwise.

Any complaints about Ash's placing this League is unwarranted, because he didn't nothing of the sort to improve upon what happened in the last League he entered. Doesn't matter who he faces in the end, if he didn't do the work and and put in the time to actually get better, then he doesn't deserve to win anything.
    He deserves more than losing to Kotetsu though

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

I think this thread will suffice.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345