Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: B/W vs B/W 2?

Default B/W vs B/W 2?

Now I know this is a very controversial topic, but I just wanted to know what you thought was better, and if you think I should get BW or BW2, seeing as I don't have a Generation 5 game yet.

I would say go for Black or White 1 since BW2 is related to BW1 and you will not fully understand it if you haven't played the first game. But, if you want to get the events, you should get BW2 since BW1 will probably never get an event again. For this question I can't help you any further because this is your call. It depends on what you want. If you want a beter response from people, you should put more details in the question.

RAWK ON

BW2 are better than BW, but without playing BW, you will most likely be confused about quite a few of the events, and the dialogue.

I find both games to be fairly mediocre. They're plagued by linear and simplistic regional design, bad level pacing, barren postgame (BW1), bad distribution (BW2), and lack a lot of interesting and crucial features (like trainer rematches). As for which is better, go for BW2. it has more features, more areas, and more Pokemon. But if you want the full Unova experience, you need to get both, because some Pokemon and areas are exclusive to BW1.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

BW2, in my opinion, owned BW. Better everything!

Fc: 3695-0172-1881

Spoiler:- Credits:

Go with BW1 first then follow up with BW2.. Just so you feel good when Characters are mentioning your old characters Name. But there is no "right or wrong." option.

I'm temped to shut this.. partly as we're can pick the game for you.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

In my mind, B2/W2 had one of the better plotlines in a pokemon game so I definitely enjoyed it more than B/W.

However, it is absolutely mandatory to play B/W before B2/W2 because you will simply miss out on too much if you jump straight to the sequel.

[Edit] @randomspot555 No, I suppose that "absolutely mandatory" is a bit strong, but I just finished playing through B2 again and it seems like - especially at the start - the references to the storyline in B/W were vague at best.
    Last edited by PokeTimmy; 8th December 2012 at 3:46 AM.

National Pokedex: Completed 718/719 (Missing: Diancie)
    Living Pokedex: Completed 718/719
    "OT Timmy" Living Pokedex: 709/719
    Missing "OT: Timmy" Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie

^^^ IT is no way "absolutely mandatory" to play BW to enjoy B2W2. Any continuity you need to know is fully explained to you within the game itself. Playing the previous games makes the story a bit more full, and connecting the two games together unlocks some cool things, but it is not "absolutely mandatory".

EDIT 2: Yeah, the references at the beginning are minimal because you're in mostly new towns for the first several dozen minutes of the game.

_____

The latest game is always the best to get as any events and tournaments will be played on it. If you want, you can later "go back" and play previous games from either the current or last generation.
    Last edited by randomspot555; 8th December 2012 at 4:08 AM.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    The latest game is always the best to get as any events and tournaments will be played on it. If you want, you can later "go back" and play previous games from either the current or last generation.
    Actually, that's not usually the case, they hold events for all games in a particular generation, but ever since BW2 came out, they've curiously stopped supporting events for BW1.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Actually, that's not usually the case, they hold events for all games in a particular generation, but ever since BW2 came out, they've curiously stopped supporting events for BW1.
    Change it to be "more likely", then. They've had several events in Gen 4 which only were supported by HGSS or Platinum.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

BW2 is better than I expected. the storyline is better than BW. and because I lost my White, its still fun without them mentioning my old characters name.

there is a lot more to do post-game, too. that's what did it for me.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

BW2 is better IMO... as there is way more to do post storygame.

But they BW2 compliments BW1 so well. they both are good and worth having

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Play BW then BW2. I told my friend to finish her White game before buying W2 coz it'll probably confuse her, plus the Unova Link is also handy, nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."

Never bought the original, went straight to the sequel purely for the addition of the PWT. Plus it had taken me a while to round to the fact that not all Unova Pokemon were "terrible". Understood most of the events and dialogue surprisingly well even without the original though.

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

BW 2 is kind of a sequel to the 1 so I'd say first play 1. But 2 has more features.

I played through White 2 first and don't mind the story at all. But I don't like the random encounter music as much as BW1. Plus, there's Join Avenue, you can recruit Pokémon of the Isshu region at the Dream World, and PWT.

BW2 is waaay better, But get yourself BW1 first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    I'm temped to shut this.. partly as we're can pick the game for you.
    *Annoying

*Hater

*Moodkiller
    Last edited by Watchog; 8th December 2012 at 5:10 PM.

Considering how you're probably not playing Pokemon for the story, there's nothing wrong with skipping BW1. BW2 is still accessible to people who haven't played BW1; the references to BW1 are minimal, and the events of importance from BW1 can be summed up in 30 seconds. There are some recurring NPCs and such, but it's not make-or-break.

If you can only get one, get BW2. But if you can get both, it may be worth your while to get BW1 as well. Just bear in mind that BW2 is essentially a third version of BW1, and that the experience is a bit repetitive at parts, especially toward the middle of the game.

I liked BW2 better, mainly because of the nice looking new areas.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Just bear in mind that BW2 is essentially a third version of BW1, and that the experience is a bit repetitive at parts, especially toward the middle of the game.
    Not "essentially", not at all. In fact, the only times the games remotely resemble each other is in that stretch from Castelia to Mistralton, and at the Pokemon League. Other than that, they're completely different experiences.

Hmm I liked BW1 better than BW2 just because of the story plot BW1 had. It changed things around where as BW2 felt like the rest of the games. It was still good though. :P It doesn't really matter which one you get, both are good.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

B&W2 is what B&W should have been, in my opinion. I enjoyed B&W, don't get me wrong, but I found the sequel much more engaging and with greater longevity.

This is a really good question IMO.
    I'll be honest, you don't get as much out of BW2 if you never played BW1. The story in BW2 would be somewhat bland for a new player. I really liked the story in BW1 better then BW2, because in BW1 Team Plasma actually has a great idea behind them. They want to help pokemon, except they take their beliefs too far. But in BW2 they just want to shoot ice cannons and steal Purrloins. Because I'm not that competitive, I'd say BW1 was better, however I can see why some like the sequels better.
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

they are both really good I say get whatever fits you
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

B&W2 are better for me. Since I think it's like an improved version of B&W
    Shaymin is amazing!
    ~ ★

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast