Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: B/W vs B/W 2?

I will go with BW1 but both are great XP I am still finding great stuff on BW2 even after the E4 has been done XP
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Get the original first, and once you're done with that get the sequel.

I've played both, but I say that BW2 gets my vote. Sheerly because of places like Reversal Mountain and also because of the levels that the E4 are at. The game is just amazing as well.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I think B&W 2 are the best games in the series so far because the overall gameplay is improved. I absolutely love that we can register multiple items, have unlimited use of TMs, and how gym badges are no longer needed to use HMs outside of battles.

One of my favorite things about this game is wild Audino. Makes training your Pokemon less painful than in previous games. Another is the PWT. I always wanted to see a tournament tree style competition in the games. I'm surprised something like this wasn't included sooner.

I can't compare it to the first B/W though. I am one of the people who bought the sequels first. I did however buy Black recently, though I have yet to start it as I don't feel I've "completed" Black 2 yet. While it does sound like the sequels are the better games overall, I still think B/W will be worth trying as it will be an interesting experience to play through the majority of the game using only Gen. 5 Pokemon.

Pokemon Black and White were much better than Black 2 and White 2, in my opinion. The first set of games were more story based, while their sequels were gameplay-oriented. Personally, I enjoy a good story more than anything else. If a game is really old but has a great story, then I'll love it. Graphics and sidequests don't mean very much to me. Therefore, Black and White are my favorite of the two sets of games.
    Currently traveling through the Kalos region in Pokemon X!

B/W 2 has much more things to do like: join avenue, PWT, black tower, white three hollow thing, more legendaries to catch, medal system, ...
    though if you play B/W 1 first and then B/W 2 you'll understand the story and enjoy it more.
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

I think you would have to play bw1 first definitely to get familiar with the characters and region and of course the story. But if i didn't care about that i would say BW2. It offers so much more. Like loads of older pokemon giving variety for teams. It also has new features like Pokestar studios, PWT and the medals. Not to mention a few new towns.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

If you want an epic story, then go with Black or White; I personally think it has the best storyline out of all Pokemon games. If you want more things to do, go with Black 2 or White 2.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I definitely prefer B2W2 in terms of post-story features, specifically the Join Avenue, the PWT and the Medal System. Storyline-wise, I think I'd still go with B2W2, though BW did provide a good foundation for it.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

B/W2 for a deeper story w/ more cool characters and more stuff to do.
    B/W cuz its the first, w/out other region pokemon for the main game.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

B/W had the best storyline so far out the games. N's plight along with Cheren and Bianca's character development was really great. The gym leaders' involvment in the main storyline spiced things up as well. Although Unova was too linear, and the gave you very little to do outside the main storyline let alone the aftergame. B2/W2 had way more stuff to do outside the main story and the region was slightly less linear. The story wasn't as strong as the rival was pretty bland and the team plasma were more of the typical bad guy team then what they were in the first entry. So they each have their strengths and weaknesses but both are great games.

B/w simply because N was the best character development in any Pokemon game and you could really sympathise with him by the later stages of the game. Originaly are better but the ssecond one is a great game as well.

I will agree that a person should play B/W before playing B2/W2 just to get a better grasp at what went down. Plus there's the memory link. But out of both of the games I prefer B2/W2 and that's because I found it to be less dull then B/W and more adding.
        Spoiler:- Credit:

b/w1 is better though for sure

To truly enjoy B2/W2 i'd sugggest beating either b/w first and trying to 100% the game as much as possible so you can sync that game with your copy of B2/W2 i find that to make it a lot more interesting. But if you don't want to be that extreme join ave, pwt, and the other new features really will get you addicted.
    X FC 1650 1536 9669

As many others have said, you're better off playing BW first, so you can get the grasp of the Story. Otherwise, if you don't care, BW2 is better in terms of Gameplay. Updated Pokedex, more Legendaries etc.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

2 is better, however, White would come first on my overall favorites list because I liked it more in it's prime than White 2 in it's, and it was just more original overall.

White 2, however is no doubt a more polished experience than White. For one thing, I loved the PWT, the new water gym leader and town that came with it, and the option to use repel again automatically (THANK YOU GAMEFREAK I LOVE YOU!!!!!). I also like how I was finally able to capture one of my favorite pokemon, Elekid, and use it on my team

However, White 2 did not offer as much as it should have, being a numbered seqeul.

Overall, I'd say an 85/100. B
    I can smell u

Quote Originally Posted by !jirachi! View Post
    B/W 2 has much more things to do like: join avenue, PWT, black tower, white three hollow thing, more legendaries to catch, medal system, ...
    though if you play B/W 1 first and then B/W 2 you'll understand the story and enjoy it more.
    I agree. Bw2 has way more awesome features. But then again, if you just get bw2, it will be harder to understand without playing bw1.
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

I have to say BW1 because it is the story that is important to me not necessary everything else.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

I disagree B/W2 is better because it is part 2 so you have a Pokemon center in your town. However , now that the pokemon center an pokemart are combined so you dont hear the pokemart son. In result I miss the pokemat song!
    -BubblyPiplup69717

Please don't cheat!
    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

I liked the story of of B/W better but as an overall experience I have to say for me B2/W2 were better.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    I liked the story of of B/W better but as an overall experience I have to say for me B2/W2 were better.
    Yes, exactly this.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 1378 - 6584 - 6284

Dream World Females:
    Starters:
    Legends:

Get Black or White 2.

The storyline won't make as much sense, but nobody should play the Pokemon games for the story.

The sequels have more Pokemon, more features, more things to do after the Elite Four, and are in general much better than the original BW.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
    Get Black or White 2.

The storyline won't make as much sense, but nobody should play the Pokemon games for the story.

The sequels have more Pokemon, more features, more things to do after the Elite Four, and are in general much better than the original BW.
    I disagree, especially in Mystery Dungeon's case. While I easily find the gameplay repetitive and tedious, the story is what makes bear with it and go through the game. But that's just me.

To keep things on topic, I wound up getting all 4 games. (I want all 3 starters in White and White 2.) I'm on White 1 right now, and despite being in the same locations as the second game, it still feels like a different experience. Not just because of the story but because of what I said earlier about only using Gen. 5 Pokemon. I know I'm repeating myself, but while BW2 are the overall better games, I can defentiely say BW1 are still worth playing if you just want another Pokemon game to enjoy.

You should get Pokemon Black and White 2, because you can catch previous pokemon from other regions.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast