Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 222

Thread: B/W vs B/W 2?

  1. #76

    Default

    I will go with BW1 but both are great XP I am still finding great stuff on BW2 even after the E4 has been done XP
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

    Credit to Sworn Metalhead

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Get the original first, and once you're done with that get the sequel.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    I've played both, but I say that BW2 gets my vote. Sheerly because of places like Reversal Mountain and also because of the levels that the E4 are at. The game is just amazing as well.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:


  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    155

    Default

    I think B&W 2 are the best games in the series so far because the overall gameplay is improved. I absolutely love that we can register multiple items, have unlimited use of TMs, and how gym badges are no longer needed to use HMs outside of battles.

    One of my favorite things about this game is wild Audino. Makes training your Pokemon less painful than in previous games. Another is the PWT. I always wanted to see a tournament tree style competition in the games. I'm surprised something like this wasn't included sooner.

    I can't compare it to the first B/W though. I am one of the people who bought the sequels first. I did however buy Black recently, though I have yet to start it as I don't feel I've "completed" Black 2 yet. While it does sound like the sequels are the better games overall, I still think B/W will be worth trying as it will be an interesting experience to play through the majority of the game using only Gen. 5 Pokemon.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kalos!
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Pokemon Black and White were much better than Black 2 and White 2, in my opinion. The first set of games were more story based, while their sequels were gameplay-oriented. Personally, I enjoy a good story more than anything else. If a game is really old but has a great story, then I'll love it. Graphics and sidequests don't mean very much to me. Therefore, Black and White are my favorite of the two sets of games.
    Currently traveling through the Kalos region in Pokemon X!

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On my sk8teboard :)
    Posts
    174

    Default

    B/W 2 has much more things to do like: join avenue, PWT, black tower, white three hollow thing, more legendaries to catch, medal system, ...
    though if you play B/W 1 first and then B/W 2 you'll understand the story and enjoy it more.
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

    Dare to battle me?

    I'm back

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Undella town
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    I think you would have to play bw1 first definitely to get familiar with the characters and region and of course the story. But if i didn't care about that i would say BW2. It offers so much more. Like loads of older pokemon giving variety for teams. It also has new features like Pokestar studios, PWT and the medals. Not to mention a few new towns.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

    5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

    6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

    Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South East Abbey, Tethe'alla
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    If you want an epic story, then go with Black or White; I personally think it has the best storyline out of all Pokemon games. If you want more things to do, go with Black 2 or White 2.


    tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Take a wild guess...
    Posts
    336

    Default

    I definitely prefer B2W2 in terms of post-story features, specifically the Join Avenue, the PWT and the Medal System. Storyline-wise, I think I'd still go with B2W2, though BW did provide a good foundation for it.
    Claimed


    The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cirque du Dčcadence
    Posts
    2,895

    Default

    B/W2 for a deeper story w/ more cool characters and more stuff to do.
    B/W cuz its the first, w/out other region pokemon for the main game.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Unova Region - Lacunosa Town
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    B/W had the best storyline so far out the games. N's plight along with Cheren and Bianca's character development was really great. The gym leaders' involvment in the main storyline spiced things up as well. Although Unova was too linear, and the gave you very little to do outside the main storyline let alone the aftergame. B2/W2 had way more stuff to do outside the main story and the region was slightly less linear. The story wasn't as strong as the rival was pretty bland and the team plasma were more of the typical bad guy team then what they were in the first entry. So they each have their strengths and weaknesses but both are great games.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    53

    Default

    B/w simply because N was the best character development in any Pokemon game and you could really sympathise with him by the later stages of the game. Originaly are better but the ssecond one is a great game as well.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I will agree that a person should play B/W before playing B2/W2 just to get a better grasp at what went down. Plus there's the memory link. But out of both of the games I prefer B2/W2 and that's because I found it to be less dull then B/W and more adding.
        Spoiler:- Credit:

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    53

    Default

    b/w1 is better though for sure

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    106

    Default

    To truly enjoy B2/W2 i'd sugggest beating either b/w first and trying to 100% the game as much as possible so you can sync that game with your copy of B2/W2 i find that to make it a lot more interesting. But if you don't want to be that extreme join ave, pwt, and the other new features really will get you addicted.
    X FC 1650 1536 9669

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    As many others have said, you're better off playing BW first, so you can get the grasp of the Story. Otherwise, if you don't care, BW2 is better in terms of Gameplay. Updated Pokedex, more Legendaries etc.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    168

    Default

    2 is better, however, White would come first on my overall favorites list because I liked it more in it's prime than White 2 in it's, and it was just more original overall.

    White 2, however is no doubt a more polished experience than White. For one thing, I loved the PWT, the new water gym leader and town that came with it, and the option to use repel again automatically (THANK YOU GAMEFREAK I LOVE YOU!!!!!). I also like how I was finally able to capture one of my favorite pokemon, Elekid, and use it on my team

    However, White 2 did not offer as much as it should have, being a numbered seqeul.

    Overall, I'd say an 85/100. B
    I can smell u

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by !jirachi! View Post
    B/W 2 has much more things to do like: join avenue, PWT, black tower, white three hollow thing, more legendaries to catch, medal system, ...
    though if you play B/W 1 first and then B/W 2 you'll understand the story and enjoy it more.
    I agree. Bw2 has way more awesome features. But then again, if you just get bw2, it will be harder to understand without playing bw1.
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."


  19. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    I have to say BW1 because it is the story that is important to me not necessary everything else.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.



  20. #95

    Default

    I disagree B/W2 is better because it is part 2 so you have a Pokemon center in your town. However , now that the pokemon center an pokemart are combined so you dont hear the pokemart son. In result I miss the pokemat song!
    -BubblyPiplup69717

    Please don't cheat!
    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    I liked the story of of B/W better but as an overall experience I have to say for me B2/W2 were better.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia, United States
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    I liked the story of of B/W better but as an overall experience I have to say for me B2/W2 were better.
    Yes, exactly this.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 1378 - 6584 - 6284

    Dream World Females:
    Starters:
    Legends:

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Physically or mentally?
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Get Black or White 2.

    The storyline won't make as much sense, but nobody should play the Pokemon games for the story.

    The sequels have more Pokemon, more features, more things to do after the Elite Four, and are in general much better than the original BW.

    Visit my Youtube Channel

    Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
    Get Black or White 2.

    The storyline won't make as much sense, but nobody should play the Pokemon games for the story.

    The sequels have more Pokemon, more features, more things to do after the Elite Four, and are in general much better than the original BW.
    I disagree, especially in Mystery Dungeon's case. While I easily find the gameplay repetitive and tedious, the story is what makes bear with it and go through the game. But that's just me.

    To keep things on topic, I wound up getting all 4 games. (I want all 3 starters in White and White 2.) I'm on White 1 right now, and despite being in the same locations as the second game, it still feels like a different experience. Not just because of the story but because of what I said earlier about only using Gen. 5 Pokemon. I know I'm repeating myself, but while BW2 are the overall better games, I can defentiely say BW1 are still worth playing if you just want another Pokemon game to enjoy.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    195

    Default

    You should get Pokemon Black and White 2, because you can catch previous pokemon from other regions.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •