Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: B/W vs B/W 2?

Im definitely enjoying Black 2 more as there are pokemon to catch from the previous games such as Lucario and Arcanine!

yeah, pokemon black and white 2 are so much better despite what reviewers say. the region size was nearly doubled, tons of new obtainable pokemon, the pokemon world tournament was much more entertaining than the battle subway, it is a little less smooth playing than black and white but who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    BW2 are better than BW, but without playing BW, you will most likely be confused about quite a few of the events, and the dialogue.
    This basically.

I enjoyed BW2 a lot more than BW. BW just felt so... plain for some reason. Didn't enjoy it so much :S

The only reason you need to play B/W first is to get the most out of the Unova storyline. Other than that and a few exclusive/ better areas, (Undella town mainly) I would recommend B/W 2 because it feels
    more complete, you have a much wider selection of pokemon to choose from, theres far more to do post game ( Pokestar Studios is the best sidequest the pokemon games have had in years) and the cast is in my opinion better than those from the first game.

There is only one thing I hate about B/W 2 where I would have preferred things the way they were in B/W and that's the Breeder's Trainer Class new mechanic. It would be totally fine if their teams increased in difficulty each time you battle them, at least then you could gain some meaningful experience points, but with their teams static they serve more like punishments for exploring the region more than anything else. That Breeder on Route 4 has caught me so many times.

Other than that, B/W 2 is so much better than B/W, B/W seems incomplete by comparison. My experience might be bias because I played B/W and can pick up on all of the changes, but on its own merits it's a really good Pokemon game.

Personally I prefer B2W2 over BW
    e

By now you've probably already chosen, but I'd say BW2 since it has more events now, and even if you might not think so, there are very few times where the dialogue will confuse you.

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

I really liked BW2 more than BW. They just polished all the things and added some new stuff. It's just so much fun to play.

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

I look forward to play B/W2.
    I have Black , so.. which one should I buy ?
    B 2 or W 2 ?

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by DynDasE View Post
    I look forward to play B/W2.
    I have Black , so.. which one should I buy ?
    B 2 or W 2 ?

Thank you in advance.
    The only obvious differences I can think of right now is that White 2 has an Easy Mode after beating it and Black 2 has a Hard Mode after beating it.

B/W 2 were far more enjoyable in my experience, plus there is so much more you can do.

Xx|Divinity|xX

Black 2 & White 2 has me won over. Black & White wern't awful, but I found myself bored between Gym challenges. Black 2 & White 2 feels like a fresh start, & hardly ever makes refference to Black & White. Plus, more Pokemon! Also, Black 2 & White 2 have the new option to use another Repel without having to take time to go to your Bag, which is a nice asset. They're both fine games, I just find more in Black 2 & White 2.
    B2/W2 Team
    My Favorites

Spoiler:- Shinies Spotted:

http://www.Facebook.com/GhostCult

Everyone should buy both BW1 and BW2 because they are connected, but if you would have to choose between them, buy BW2 because it has new forms, more pokemon, new places, and different gyms and elite 4 and just better than BW1.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosion View Post
    By now you've probably already chosen, but I'd say BW2 since it has more events now, and even if you might not think so, there are very few times where the dialogue will confuse you.
    Indeed I have, and I went with White.

I've done a lot of my shiny hunting on there, as well as a lot of raising and becoming attached to a lot of my Pokemon, so I'm not really sure which version should be my "main" game, per se. Any thoughts on that?
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

I personally like bw 2 the most. It has loads of extra content, like my all time fave, the pwt.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

BW & BW2 are games that go together.
    You can enjoy BW2 but with BW you get the full experience.
    From meeting Cheren & Bianca, fighting N & Plasma to Isshu two years later, playing both chronologically is your best bet.
    Which is better? BW2 easily. Has far more perks & advantages. I'll just name a few that come to me otherwise tl;dr.
    Isshu is much bigger with much more replay value in PokeStar Studios, PWT, several rematches, Black tower, several legendary mons.
    Better graphics even if it's marginal. Niceties like auto-repel. The game is slightly less linear. Much more to do. Challenge key mode etc

The only advantage I'll give to BW is it's a unique experience that NOT even BW2 can perform as BW2 is two years later.
    BW really feels like a new adventure & you get much more N/Ghetsis shenanigans. The story is much different to that in BW2.
    However I think BW2 is FAR FAR FAR more advanced. Much more to do & just more awesomeness everywhere you look.
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

Black 2 and White 2 are more fun! But Black and White had a better storyline, it introduces Cheren, Bianca, N and Team Plasma you wouldn't want to miss on that?
    If you want the full story for gen 5 then play both of the games as it will make a better understanding. If you don't care about the whole plot then get Black 2 or White 2.

I think people as usual are being WAY too over critical of 5th Generation games
    YER! I know that's as fans it's our job to be critical, the voice of the series but there's a limit!
    Everywhere you look there's a nostalgic fan boy ala "gen wunner".
    I won't even elaborate on that as it's self-explanatory.
    If you're nostalgic, tough luck because chances are you're missing out on the big THINGS in Pokemon, how utterly sad!

I strongly feel that BW/BW2 especially BW2 are the best games we've had so far..yes you heard me..
    Of course if your nostalgic then it's all about Kanto/Johto or Hoenn, there's always that boohaa regardless.
    Linearity apparently kills the experience. BS! Sure linear structures aren't as fun but they're not that bad! SNM..
    Apparently purple dirt and pokeballs are better designed mons then the ice cream cones.
    Subjectivity. Bias & stupidity. Need I say more? People think that everything made in "Gen wun" was amazing.
    Gen 5 however they're "apparently" running out of ideas.

Isshu was amazing, I liked the bridges in particular.
    Great region slightly tainted by the linear progress.
    Gamefreak held their own & I applaud them for that.
    The greater emphasis on story driven plots was amazing much better then past games.
    We got great character development, again much better then past games.
    Music was above awesomeness in BW2.
    The Pokemon were AWEsum :] I don't base my opinions over the scrawny gen wunners & their awesome Rattata's.

As posted earlier both games go hand in hand very well. Playing both gives you the full experience
    but it's not a necessity just better that way.
    BW1 were great introduction to Isshu, better then DP were for Sinnoh IMO..YEAH!
    BW2 was a great sequel and major improvement over it's predecessor.
    Actually I think putting it simply, BW2 are the best games we've had so far.
    They had everything. Great music, decent storyline, HUGE dex, plenty of post-game, PWT & past characters, medal system & even the PokeStar studios which I enjoyed..& just so much more..
    Last edited by Kall El; 1st June 2013 at 3:05 AM.
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

i like them both but mostly bw2 because you can catch pokemon from different regions!
    I love every Pokemon!

I like black/white2 because after finishing the gameplay I have the join avenue and hidden grottos to look forward to. Plus the antique shop in join avenue is my main source for shards now.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

I personally preferred black 2 because the story-line was better.
    Friend Codes -

Pokemon X - 0834-2428-7190 - Name: Sage
    Safari - Panpour, Frogadier & Wartortle.

Pokemon Pearl ~ 2323 0057 2065 - Name: Three

BW2 is superior to BW1 in almost every way; new features, new regional Pokédex, new extras, etc. You'll almost never get bored. However, BW1 is crucial for a player to get an idea of the story, otherwise it'd be confusing.

So yeah, get BW1 first then proceed to BW2.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I have to say that BW2 is better than BW1, both are required for a grasp on the story, but, with the additional content at end game, it's much more compelling to play in BW2.
    I'd suggest as above has said, get BW1, play through that, and then play BW2, they're both good.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    BW2 are better than BW, but without playing BW, you will most likely be confused about quite a few of the events, and the dialogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    This basically.

I enjoyed BW2 a lot more than BW. BW just felt so... plain for some reason. Didn't enjoy it so much :S
    Yeah, the same applies to me. B2W2 is more complete, but I strongly suggest you start off with BW, for you to enjoy the story better.
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

I'm not going to answer which one you should get for two reasons: this thread started in December and I'm certain you haven't taken the last 7 months to decide. Also, because the answer seems to be pretty unanimous, aside from a few exceptions.

As to which I prefer, I like the originals for the better storyline, but the sequels for pretty much everything else. I didn't really enjoy BW2 as much as their respective predecessors, because I was at an awkward time with Pokemon at that point (deciding whether I was going to give up the franchise). I also stopped feeling hyped up for BW2 by the Japanese release, and I didn't even pick up White 2 until a month after the NA release. I do remember being ludicrously excited for Black and White, though, and overall I found it to be a more enjoyable experience.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast