Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: B/W vs B/W 2?

B/W if you want to get the full Gen V story. My friend got W2 when it came out because he always plays the 3rd game of a series and while he liked the diversity of pokemon you could get in the game, he said he didn't understand a lot of the story. If you're only caring about enjoyment of the game, go with B/W2. I personally found these games to be incredibly fun, and I like that you don't have to just use Gen V pokemon.

I'll go with BW2 on this one mainly because it's alot easier to rack up battle points. This is especially true in Random Match cause you get BP REGARDLESS if you win or lose!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

BW2, it's one of my favorite games of all time due to its massive postgame and decent pregame gameplay.

I would say B/W 2 because it has a lot of cool things that B/W don't have like:
    - old pokémons
    - PWT
    - you can catch a lot of legendary's
    - the pokéwood is kinda fun
    - you can do more after you beat the game ( B/W had also a lot to do after you beat the game but not like B/W 2)
    The only thing BW was better then B/W 2 for me was that it had a better story-line

I would start with B/W to experience the story for yourself, and then get B/W2.

When it comes to favorites, though, I would say B/W2 because it has much more things to do, namely the post-game, with all those legendaries and Black Tower/White Treehollow.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

So in B/W you need to beat the Elite 4 before being able to catch non-Gen 5 Pokemon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    So in B/W you need to beat the Elite 4 before being able to catch non-Gen 5 Pokemon, right?
    None of them are in the wild. But you'd be able to get some of them before the E4 if you use the Dream World. And in both sets of games, transferring from Gen 4 to Gen 5 is a post-E4 activity.

EDIT: And if playing on a 3DS, B2W2 are compatible with the Pokemon Dream Radar which makes a whole bunch of Pokemon available before you even hit the first gym.
    Last edited by randomspot555; 10th December 2012 at 6:50 PM.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

I love both of them so much, I preferred BW2 but they really are 2 of the same awesome game <3

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

BW 2 I like the fact that you have so much to do in them. Also Nursery is one of the best creations ever
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

I liked the story of BW more than that of BW2, because it was a bit of a departure from the norm of the standard pokemon games. However, very little of the pokemon experience is the actual story of the games, so despite how deep it was, I'd have to say BW2 was a better game. Less linearity, though it was still a problem, more features, more expansive areas, pretty much every other reason mentioned above. But the story... eh, rather lacking. It seemed like a postgame plot for BW haphazardly made into a full game.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I've never even touched one of the gen5 games myself, but after browsing through these posts I just may have to try it out...
    Game: Soul Silver
    Name: Agent X
    FC: 3955-1298-0022

Fire Red Team (0 badges):

Emerald Team (3 badges):

Soul Silver Team (16 badges):

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    I've never even touched one of the gen5 games myself, but after browsing through these posts I just may have to try it out...
    Yeah, you should! I skipped out on the first Gen 5 games, but got the sequel to the first games the day after they came out (Black 2). I was, and still am, impressed.
    Formerly known as Azure_Gallade

Black 2 FC: 0562 4633 3655

I was more hyped for Black2 and White 2 then I was for the first ones. I enjoyed my playthrough for Black 2 more than Black. Black 2 has way more Pokemon and more things to do than Black. Black was a bit dull to be honest and I think Black 2 did a much better job. B2W2 for me!

BW for the Story Line and the Random Number Generator(Timer0 is trollish in BW2)
    BW2 for everything else
    ------------------------------
    ------------------------------
    Words to make signature look awesome. Nutella, bacon, donuts, and more bacon.

B/W had better story. B2/W2 has better everything else.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Like everyone else said, I liked B/W for the story and BW2 for everything else. I did like how B/W, being the first Main Series 5th Generation games, only had Unova Pokémon pre-National Dex as it gave you a chance to use the newer Pokémon.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Bro get bw 2

THE DANCE OF YOUR LIFE #TEAMVAGETA

Signature edited due to Rule Breaking- check this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430446

6th Gen Future Partner^

The exclusive features of BW2 make it better than its predecessor

Join Avenue, Medals, Pokemon Movies, Move Tutors, PWT and Hidden Grottoes are all fabulous editions that enhance and grow the pokemon series, I believe there all beneficial and are the biggest collection of changes from one pokemon game to the next.
    ORAS? I'm excited

Indieformer

You should buy both to obtain both mascot dragons (Reshiram and Zekrom).

I recommed you to buy Black and Black 2 or White and White 2.

Black - Reshiram is exclusive
    White - Zekrom is exclusive

Black 2 - Zekrom is exclusive
    White 2 - Reshiram is exclusive

Imo, BW2 are better games, but you will be very confused without playing BW1 first.

B2/W2 was a lot more interesting than the original B/W in my opinion. I thought the storyline was far more interesting and it was great that more Pokemon were available during said storyline. Unfortunately, things started to get boring after I beat the Elite Four. I didn't feel like collecting all the Pokemon again, so there were few options of what to do for fun in the games; in fact, I only play once every few days now. I may just restart Black 2 for the heck of it.

Not too far in yet, but BW2 seems much better - more exploration, more non-gym towns, more story, and a good amount of battles - BW1 was too linear and seemed like a rushed game that didn't have the charm of Gen 2 & 4.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

Hey not sure where to post this question but i'll try here. After I beat black 2 can I restart and play through on the challenge mode setting from the start? Or is challenge mode only for post game fights? I don't have anyone to do in person challenge mode transfer.

I like B/W2 better, mainly because I think its story-line is more exciting.
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

Pretty much what the first poster said. Since BW2 is a sequel to BW1, it would make sense to get the first one so you can understand the story abit better. That being said, I also enjoyed BW immensely and I prefer it over its sequel.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast