Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: B/W vs B/W 2?

I certainly think B/W2 is better than B/W. It has more features and Pokemon, so that wins it for me. I also greatly dislike the lack of Pokemon from previous generations in B/W.
    Having said this, one must have B/W to understand the story and what not.

I am definitely going to say BW. I just didn't really like the sequels that much.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

When it comes to story and characters, both games are equal, but when it comes to features B/W2 has way more like small improvements on the system(keeping the bag more organized and more useful things to do on the Xtransceiver), more things to do post game, having a Hard Mode for more advanced players, and then there's infamous World Tournament that I can't wait to do(I'm still training for the Elite Four right now in my White 2).

The Day Care was moved to post game in BW2 and that was bad, as was the slight tweak in area Pokemon making EV training slightly more difficult, but it still had a plethora of features to separate it for the first set...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

I prefer B2/W2's new features and the Unova Pokedex since it's more diverse than before. But B/W was by far the best story we've got so far.

The story was epic in both, but the bonus features in BW2 gave it the win here.
    Black 2 Friend Code - 3784 0662 3396
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I did not enjoy Black 2 very much. White was so great with the Story, BW2 ruined it IMO. It was all so different, I enjoyed the originals much more.
    Alpha Sapphire

Badges: 0

I prefer BW than BW2. I like BW storyline more than BW2.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

B2W2 for me. The story is alright in both (although I preferred BW's rival sidestories to B2W2's by far, and you actually battled them often!), but B2W2 just offered far more to do, especially beyond the E4. Join avenue was a particularly nice addition as well.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

I find them both awesome since they're both connected. Ye wouldn't have seen flashbacks in BW2 if it weren't for BW.

Though shiny haunting in BW2 is better coz of the Shiny Charm :3 nya~

From what I have been told, Black 2 and White 2 are better.
    I just wanted an excadrill,Volcarona that's why I wanted the games, so in my case 1 or 2 did not matter as the two Pokemon I mentioned are in both games.
    However in the sequels there are much more to do.

Black and White 2 are much better in my opinion. Better story, cool new gym leaders, Pokemon from other generations. The list goes on and on.
    Shinies:

-Honedge
    -Hoendge
    -Hoenndge
    -Hoenn
    HOENN REMAKES CONFIRMED

[img]http://oi42.*******.com/34zkni8.jpg[/img]
    Credit to FairyWitch and Astral Shadow for the buttons.

IMO, BW1 is better than BW2. I really loved the story, especially seeing the growth of certain characters. Also I enjoyed the whole feeling that I got from being restricted to only Unova pokemon until the end of the game. Originally I didn't like any of the Unova pokemon at all, and I still don't like the starters or the Vanillite line, but Krookodile, Ferrothorn, and several others have grown to be some of my favorite pokemon out of the entire series, and if I had played BW2 first, I probably wouldn't have even given them a chance.

BW1 or BW2 it would be a hard decision cuz they are both good hmmmmmm i cant decide because they are both better in there own ways
    I love Eevee!!!

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2119lef.gif[/IMG]
    ~A credit to ShinyGirl for the Eevee lickie~

I've only played B/W and it was quite good. Not sure weather to get BW2 though if its worth it or not
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I played both games, but I slightly loved Black 2 and White 2 better due to the extra features. However, if you are the kind who cares about plot continuity it is advised you do play both Black/White and Black 2/White 2.

I'd have to say BW2. The addition of the Pokemon World Tournament was an AMAZING idea and one that many were looking forward to. Hopefully they build on that good response and continue it for future games. The way they revamped Black City/White Forest was nice as well as the egg system. Hidden Grottos were nice as well. Probably the 2nd hardest Pokemon game i've played to date due to the high levels of the pokemon you face (hardest pkmn game imo is yellow).

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

B2W2 has so many more features, Pokčmon, and, IMO, value. I would definitely say the newer ones.

World Tournament. This represents the win of the "sequels" for me.^^
    My Shinies !! (not counting events/in-game gifts and GTS....just thise ones found/made on my own!)

RE----->

MM----->

Currently working on (with MM)----->

I certainly enjoyed the sequel more, mainly thanks to the small features like the Repel prompt, the Medal System, new areas, yadda, yadda, yadda. However, the sequel storyline is without question incomplete without first playing the original, so I would certainly recommend both. Start with Black or White, then after you finish that, play the respective sequel. Black -> Black 2 or White -> White2.

Also, do not forget to use the Memory Link right away when starting the sequel!
    3DS Friend Code: 4012-4489-0237

My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

NNID: garretslarrity

Didn't even think of the repel prompt. Hope they bring that one to gen 6 as well lol

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

I think that B/W had a better plot/storyline, but B2/W2 had a lot more features.

Send me a VM if you want to chat or have a casual battle!
    3DS FC: 2277-6720-4241
    Pokemon White FC: 1937-1211-2762
    VM me yours!

A lot of the features in B/W2 made the game for me. PWT, Join Avenue, Black Tower/White Tree Hollow, are all such awesome additions.

I will say, I felt the story of B/W2 got gruelling at times, seemingly having to fight the rival team in every bloody town got vexing quickly. But the post-Elite Four gameplay is so worth it.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 3311-4853-5551

Currently Offering DWF
    Currently Seeking all DWFs not listed above/Any UT DW Starters

Feel free to message me for trades/battles. I'm always down

I think that B/W had a better plot/storyline, but B2/W2 had a lot more features.
    This pretty much the sum of it all.

Idk, maybe because I've been playing these games since yellow that the story isn't really all that important to me (and when you see continuous story mechanics it just gets to dull to quick), b2 really did it for me by adding in way more features, so really it becomes story versus game play.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

I missed the release of BW, so I didn't know till BW2 came out. So I've just played Black 2.

Credit to Inferno Production!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast