Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: B/W vs B/W 2?

I found the sequels have a lot more content and variety than their predecessors. My two cousins got Black and Black 2 respectively, and I felt bad for the cousin with Black because my brother and I were playing White 2/Black 2, so the one cousin playing Black was missing out on all the extra bonuses in our games that we were talking about. I also find myself playing the sequel far more, and feeling somewhat bored with the original.

~Psychic

Well, as with most Pokemon games, there is the original 2 games and then there is the 3rd one that had the best of both worlds, but with Gen V the 3rd game that has the best of both worlds was split up into 2 other games, so yes it had a lot of bonuses and I loved a lot of them. I still don't have all the medals.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

All four are exceptionally good games to me, but I like B/W2 better. While they didn't feel as new to me as B/W did, they offer more content which means more playtime and they also have a lot of completely new stuff, which is enough of a reason for them to be better for me.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

I think I liked BW2 because the main characters were more likable to me.

IGN: Flyer 3DS FC: 4012 5240 1274

Credit goes to Astral Shadow from The Under for the awesome sig!

BW2 was better cuz of the new towns and stuff plus I loved Black Kyurems design.

I prefer B&W B&W2 is as largely tuned just so to speak, one of the little things (for me it certainly is) and the main quest is in b&w better like in b&w2 and ghetsis looks in b&w2 terribly but in b&w I really like him
    My n.1 Pokémon from Generation V rly very much love Hydreigon

Definitely B2W2! It has tons of post-game features - really kept my playing it for a long time. Also, it put a nice ending to the events in BW. I enjoyed how each of the gym leaders moved forward and in their own little ways help maintain a peaceful world. And finally, B2W2 resolves the fusion mysteries about the tao trio.

Black 2/White 2

Because you got to use the old Pokemon along with the new ones.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller2001 View Post
    Black 2/White 2

Because you got to use the old Pokemon along with the new ones.
    I liked B2W2 for the same reason. I personally was not a big fan of most of the Gen V designs, although I did like some, particularly Rufflet/Braviary! Being forced to use only Gen V Pokemon (and not getting Rufflet until right before the E4 ) was really obnoxious to me. Getting to use both old and new Pokemon in B2W2 was awesome, as were wild Eevees! The point of B/W was to make a "new" R/B/Y, which is why they made 150 Pokemon and forced you to use only those. I personally think that was a major failure, especially because they basically just "remade" the Gen I Pokemon (i.e., Meowth = Purrloin, Pidgey = Pidove, Timburr = Machop, Woobat = Zubat, etc.). Gen VI did a MUCH better job at being the new RBY. The adventure was new, the console was new, the region felt new, Fairy type was new, the Pokemon designs were beautiful, Team Flare was like Team Rocket in that they were only helping themselves, and you even got to choose a Kanto starter! Plus there were SO many Pokemon that you could choose from. XY is probably my second-favorite game after RBY.

But anyway, I preferred B2W2 to BW.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 4th February 2014 at 2:36 AM.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

B/W 2 was better to me cuz of the expanded story and cool characters like Roxie and Marlon.

I like BW 's ingame more, but I like BW2's post game better
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Rufflet/Braviary! not getting Rufflet until right before the E4 ) was really obnoxious to me. .
    I agree.

When I first saw Braviary I wanted to put that thing on my tea immediately.
    Then I see that it's first stage isn't available until right before you get to the Pokemon league.

Braviary was the only flying type in that gen. that I wanted to use. I had an Unfezant on my (white) team, but I didn't really enjoy using it all that much, so I kept it on my team until I could acquire a Hydreigon, so it (read: Hydreigon) could learn fly.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

B/W 2 had better features like more towns & more pokemon to catch so I vote for it.

Black and White 1 probably have the best story in a pokemon game, however that's about it. Black and White 2 has the PWT, which is the only reason I got it.
    BBoth are decent really but if you're wanting a good postgame then go for BW2

Definitely B2W2,they have much more content and don't force you to go through the horrible Twist Mountain.I also like Ghetsis's new design more than B/W's one.I am not a fan of Rosa's design(especially her hair) though.

BW2. The added features were great.
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

B/W in terms of story
    B/W 2 in terms of gameplay

I am a proud member of the
    Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization (E.G.O.)

I'd have to say Black 2 and White 2 are better in both ways. I absolutely loved the story

I think Pokemon black and white 2 are so much better cuz the region size is nearly doubled & there are tons of new obtainable pokemon.

ditto what priori said. also better graphics and the cutscenes were incredible. i still think they could have done more though.
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

I prefered BW2 since I liked the addition of PokeStarStudios and the new gym leaders. I thought the graphics were pretty cool, and found the story interesting, but since I'm a gen 5 fanatic, I think both games are great.

Can't really rank either story as being better than the others, but gameplay wise I'm giving hats off to B2/W2:
    - The breeder rematches could have used improvements like slight level ups, but they still offered more experience than some of the wild Pokémon of the area, and of course some additional money.
    - Though you need both B2 and W2 or at least be able to have someone unlock the area you lack access to (Black City/White Forest) having better access to evolution items is a plus.
    - Not to mention, that they made a good move in not having Black City or White Forest diminishing overtime. And even then, the reduction of both shouldn't have happened in the first two games until you visit them for the first time (thus not pressuring the player into doing a rushed playthrough in the main game).
    - And of course, Level Ups are a lot easier to achieve Post-Game.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789