Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice (M15)

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Action is good and all but if every movie was like this - all action, no plot - you would get very sick of it very fast.

The length of this movie is no excuse, nor is 'it had a better story because it was about the Pokémon!'. Mewtwo Strikes Back packed a lot more story, a similar amount of action and plenty of Pokémon focus into a similar running time. There is no excuse for how lazy the writing of this movie was.
    I agree, for all the movie did with focusing on the Pokemon and having good action, there was little real substance to back it up. For starters, not one ounce of the musketeer trio's history of warring with mankind was explored. And Kyurem was just sort of...there. No explanation whatsoever behind how he merged with Reshiram/Zekrom due to Team Plasma in the games. Animation and action is all good but at the end of they day, I would have expected more from a Pokemon film, even by today's standards.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

I thought it was okay. There have been worse movies but im not saying this one was bad. I'll have to wait for a HD version to download.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios* View Post
    I agree, for all the movie did with focusing on the Pokemon and having good action, there was little real substance to back it up. For starters, not one ounce of the musketeer trio's history of warring with mankind was explored. And Kyurem was just sort of...there. No explanation whatsoever behind how he merged with Reshiram/Zekrom due to Team Plasma in the games. Animation and action is all good but at the end of they day, I would have expected more from a Pokemon film, even by today's standards.
    That's true, actually. The Swords of Justice were just sort of there as well. Nothing in this movie seems to have been really explained that well, the Swords of Justice seem to be random Pokemon that protect people and Pokemon for no reason, and Kyurem seems to be an antagonist for no reason. I would've loved for them to explore their motives a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I liked this movie better than the last movie. Great character growth for Keldeo as Sword of Justice. And the friendship it had with Ash was good to see. I did like the fact that Kyreum chased them though the movie just for Keldeo to finish the battle. The final battle was played out great. The animation looked great,well it's a Pokemon movie,the animation will always be good.

Banner made by Skiyomi

I didn't like this movie at all. My suspension of disbelief was utterly murdered.
    hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    My suspension of disbelief was utterly murdered.
    It's a Pokemon movie. What did you expect?

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Well, I've finally seen this movie.

And it was enjoyable, but somewhat short.

One of the things I liked about it is that there wasn't too much of a plot or random nonsense like the Dragon Energy from M14. The plot was pretty much straightforward and the action/battle scenes were amazing. I really got into them and I pretty much enjoyed every second of those battles. Sadly, however, I was stuck with the dubbed version so I had to put up with Keldeo's annoying dub voice.

Another thing that annoyed me was how deformed the faces of human characters were. Seriously, isn't a Pokémon movie supposed to have better quality than the anime show? Because I've seen episodes with better drawn faces than this movie had. Yeah, yeah, the colors were vibrant and all but it just annoyed me. All the Pokémon looked amazing however, so at least that part was done right. I enjoyed seeing Iris and Cilan have a role of their own but what I truly loved was the inclusion of the Old Matriarch from the Dragon Village.

She got her own flashback and I think it was nice touch given Iris's background and connection to dragon types. Though I do think Iris could have shown a bit more reaction regarding the whole dual typed, ice/dragon, Kyurem thing. It's a shame they didn't use that opportunity.

I also wish they expanded more upon Keldeo's character. Despite his voice, he was a likable character and I rooted for him. ^^

Overall, this movie was enjoyable. (excluding the fact that a group of ten year olds managed to sneak into an unguarded museum and that a 10-year old girl managed to steal and control a blimp.) Seriously, they could try to be at least little realistic. XD The battle scenes were a blast to watch and Kyurem looked amazing. Indeed, much better than M14.

Why was this so short? Why is there no villain? Why is the script so cheezy? Why am I nickpicking? But seriously, I thought it was fairly decent despite it's lack of a villain, a rushed plot with weak elements. Saying BS like Kyreum is the strongest Dragon type ever. Kuyreum being able to switch forms at will without having Reshiram or Zerkrom inside him. Still thought it was okay, but didn't care enough, to say it was good.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Why was this so short? Why is there no villain? Why is the script so cheezy? Why am I nickpicking? But seriously, I thought it was fairly decent despite it's lack of a villain, a rushed plot with weak elements. Saying BS like Kyreum is the strongest Dragon type ever. Kuyreum being able to switch forms at will without having Reshiram or Zerkrom inside him. Still thought it was okay, but didn't care enough, to say it was good.
    In the game Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are the strongest dragon types ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Okay well White Kyurem maybe, but not Black.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Arceus sez hai. He brought a Draco Plate.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Ah well I saw the movie on its premiere night and was kind of.. okay. Something seemed missing abut it that felt like it was not quite as good as other Pokemon movies >: The shortness of the movie makes me think that it was rushed >.>

The only good thing I liked was the battle between Kyurem and Keldeo, but I didn't like it that Kyurem could change into its Black or White form without the use of Reshiram or Zekrom. It would have been nice to have seen an appearance by both of them <.>
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

This is actually one of the worst, if not the actual worst Pokémon movie I have ever seen.. and I've seen them all.

There was no real plot, the Pokémon characters were all shallow and the sheer amount of 'talking' Pokémon was utterly ridiculous. I liked how they tied in Iris's Village Elder and had Team Rocket casually spying from a distance just to show they're still there, but everything else was just awful.

I don't usually give actual ratings on things, but out of 10, this wouldn't have even got a 1.. In short, My Little Pony should've stayed as My Little Pony.

Well, this movie was enjoyable enough, but it has the weakest plot of any Pokemon movie by far. This is the first one ever to not have the destruction of a city or more as the outcome had Ash and the gang not been involved. This seems more like it should be a 2-3 part episode rather than a movie.

I just watched M15 and I think it falls somewhere between "just ok" and "pretty good" on my scale of Pokemon movies.

I really enjoyed the way Kyurem was used in the movie. He wasn't just a stereotypical villain - rather, he acted as a gate-keeper for admission to the Swords of Justice, pushing and pursuing Keldeo until he reached his potential and learned to accept defeat. It's almost like Kyurem is some wise sensei for the Swords of Justice.

As for intermittently changing forms, I guess that this Kyurem had the opportunity to absorb the powers of both a Zekrom and a Reshirem at an earlier point, and thus can change to both Black and White Kyurem? That was my hypothesis at least.

National Pokedex: Completed 718/719 (Missing: Diancie)
    Living Pokedex: Completed 718/719
    "OT Timmy" Living Pokedex: 709/719
    Missing "OT: Timmy" Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie

Just seen the movie, and it was great. The only thing I didn't like is right at the beginning...

Ash: Scraggy, you're gonna have to jump!

Really, Ash, why don't you just recall Scraggy to it's Pokeball? Instead of endangering it's life by having it jump into the path of a moving train?
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS Extra

3,878 SRs COMPLETE

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Just seen the movie, and it was great. The only thing I didn't like is right at the beginning...

Ash: Scraggy, you're gonna have to jump!

Really, Ash, why don't you just recall Scraggy to it's Pokeball? Instead of endangering it's life by having it jump into the path of a moving train?
    The balls might of been in his bag or maybe Cilan was cleaning them or something and left them on the train. The movie was one of the better ones tbh. The second best one since the VA switch since the Sea Temple one. Vic was a nice touch but the main story idk still better then the DP ones but it was missing something it felt

So I saw it when it was on CN but I'm just now getting around to saying anything about it. Overall I thought it was pretty good, definitely better than M14. The action was great and the animation in them was pretty great imo. I liked the approach of having Keldeo as the central character instead of pushing Ash to the front like most Pokemon movies tend to do. My favorite part of the movie had to of been when Ash and Pikachu were flying (I guess you can call it flying) around the city on Keldeo.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    In short, My Little Pony should've stayed as My Little Pony.
    Slightly off topic, but I love how people keep comparing Keldeo to MLP even though the only thing they have in common is they're the same species. And they're both cartoons.

Anyway, like I said earlier, I was only really half paying attention to this movie. Were Kyurem's motives ever really explained? WTF does he have to do with the Swords of Justice?
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Anyway, like I said earlier, I was only really half paying attention to this movie. Were Kyurem's motives ever really explained? WTF does he have to do with the Swords of Justice?
    I seemed like fighting Kyurem was a way of proving yourself when you become a sword of justice. It really wasn't explained that well. Kyurem's motivation for chasing Keldeo was basically to teach him that he needed to man up and finish what he stared.

What I want to know about is the giant Ice gate. Why did Keldeo have to cross it when he battled Kyurem both times? I take it was basically a physical representation of Keldeo agreeing to fight when he passed through it.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    What I want to know about is the giant Ice gate. Why did Keldeo have to cross it when he battled Kyurem both times? I take it was basically a physical representation of Keldeo agreeing to fight when he passed through it.
    I think crossing it is you making a promise to finish what you began and it seems Kyurem hates cowards with a passion.

My boy Boldore appeared 3 times in one movie. = instant love. <33333
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

finally got around to seeing the movie. I liked it alot. I enjoyed it more then the last movie. It was nice to see cilan and Iris do something in the movie. I liked how the distracted the Cryogonal and Kyurem from following Keldeo.

I was surprised to hear the movie version of the theme. I didn't think they were going to do it this year.

Also I laughed when the basket lunches flew into the air and how Scraggy stopped it. lol. i saw it comming a mile away,..but i think we all did.

It was a lighthearted, fun movie. and the battle Keldeo vs Kyurem was awesome IMO.

I was not the biggest fans of the Swordsmen of justice till i saw this movie. now i have huge respect for them.
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 25th December 2012 at 4:24 AM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I seemed like fighting Kyurem was a way of proving yourself when you become a sword of justice. It really wasn't explained that well. Kyurem's motivation for chasing Keldeo was basically to teach him that he needed to man up and finish what he stared.
    No, I get that, I was wondering more along the lines of his relationship with the SOJ. It seems like he's just there for no reason and battling him seems like a strange way to test one's worth in regards to joining the SOJ.

This is exactly what I had assumed. That's probably part of why Kyurem was so pissed at Keldeo for running away, it's like breaking a contract in a way.

Holy crap... I realised that Porygon2 and Porygon-Z were in the intro. I am thoroughly stunned.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast