Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice (M15)

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Holy crap... I realised that Porygon2 and Porygon-Z were in the intro. I am thoroughly stunned.
    Don't you mean...

SEIZURED?!

this movie is having a limited cinema screening in aus & new zealand! yay, booking tickets
    "Ah, it's you! We were raising your pokemon, and my goodness, we were surprised! Your pokemon was holding an egg! WE DON'T KNOW HOW IT GOT THERE, but your pokemon had it. You do want it, don't you?"

500 eggs later & they still haven't figured it out...

Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Friend Safari: DARK Pawniard, Crawdaunt & Absol

I don't really like this movie. The plot was too simple for me to enjoy, and Keldeo just strikes me as an arrogant Pokemon who managed to get plot armour on his side, and managed to touch Kyurem, which I find the ending really, really anti-climatic. Honestly, it was kind of disappointing.

The only part where I decently liked was Cilan/Iris doing something. But is it just me, or does Iris's hair look weird in this movie?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I agree i didn't really like Keldeo either.

I'm glad he lost against Kyurem, but it still felt like he was a cocky arrogant Pokemon who got the upper hand powerboost for no reason.

Kyurem was the innocent Pokemon why didn't Ash team up with him instead? Would have been 10x better.

I finally watched this movie, and I must admit I was really disappointed. I just felt that the whole thing was predictable; the moment Keldeo met Ash, we knew that they would help it rebattle Kyurem, although his loss was kind of surprising given the plot of the movie. I also felt bad for Kyurem since it was made out to be the villain, but in truth, I don't think Kyurem did anything wrong. I mean it was freaking Keldeo who went into his lair with a cocky attitude and challenged him. If I were Kyurem, I would have chased Keldeo around too. Anyway, Keldeo's personality was unsettling (but Vic did an awesome job voicing him). The other Musketeer Pokemon seemed irrelevant throughout most of the movie and only served to show how Keldeo trained, which was a shame. I wanted them to be a bit more proactive. And while this isn't exactly something "bad," I must confess that I facepalmed when Keldeo used Hydro Pump; I just thought it looked ridiculous coming out of his hooves. Over all, I found the movie to be incredibly boring and pretty redundant. I'll give this one a 3 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I finally watched this movie, and I must admit I was really disappointed. I just felt that the whole thing was predictable; the moment Keldeo met Ash, we knew that they would help it rebattle Kyurem, although his loss was kind of surprising given the plot of the movie. I also felt bad for Kyurem since it was made out to be the villain, but in truth, I don't think Kyurem did anything wrong. I mean it was freaking Keldeo who went into his lair with a cocky attitude and challenged him. If I were Kyurem, I would have chased Keldeo around too. Anyway, Keldeo's personality was unsettling (but Vic did an awesome job voicing him). The other Musketeer Pokemon seemed irrelevant throughout most of the movie and only served to show how Keldeo trained, which was a shame. I wanted them to be a bit more proactive. And while this isn't exactly something "bad," I must confess that I facepalmed when Keldeo used Hydro Pump; I just thought it looked ridiculous coming out of his hooves. Over all, I found the movie to be incredibly boring and pretty redundant. I'll give this one a 3 out of 10.
    I didn't think it was predictable at all. The ending where Keldeo lost was something I did not expect.

Well, I didn't expect Iris' hair to be so subtly animated.

Wonder when this film will make an appearance (on DVD) in the UK?
    White Friend Code:
    Mathew 4555 9581 5224

I appreciate the writers for coming up with a unique plot for a Pokémon film. This wasn't the best movie but it wasn't the worst either. I'd place in somewhere in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I didn't think it was predictable at all. The ending where Keldeo lost was something I did not expect.
    The ending was the only part that was unexpected, like I noted before. However, that didn't change the fact that the rest of the plot was predictable the moment Keldeo ran into Ash and friends. I've heard complaints about the second movie because of the same problem (predictable plot), and I finally understand what those people meant. Imo, it's just hard to enjoy a movie when the premise is revealed early on. I appreciated the animation and all, but the plot was boring. I expect better from the Pokemon movies, as they usually have an interesting story line compared to the main anime.

I watched the movie on the Official Pokemon Website. It was a good movie.

I just re-watched this movie again on TV, its a pretty good movie! I thought the plot was all right and the setting to be awesome, it only got really good towards the near end with the final battle with Keldeo vs Kyurem!

I noticed the opening had all Pokemon in it, so that's cool! I liked Keldeo and the 3 other legendary musketeers/Swords of Justice; Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion's introduction and debut. Wow, I got shocked by the outcome of Keldeo vs Kyurem's first battle after Keldeo broke his and lost its horn!! ;~; So Kyurem can change its form at will in the movie, cool. Haha, I also really liked the train scene too and Cilan saying he's a lunch box connoisseur. XD

Oh man, Ash almost left Scraggy behind! So Ash, Iris and Cilan all find Keldeo hurt on top of the train, I felt really bad for Keldeo... Man, then Kyurem comes out of nowhere and starts attacking! So it seems like the Swords of Justice and Keldeo in training are famous. Ash and Keldeo got along pretty well, especially during the lunch time scene. XD Anyway, for the most part Ash, Pikachu and Keldeo were running around trying to get away from Kyurem.

Ooh, the city looked amazing and Ash riding on Keldeo, then skating on Boldore was just awesome! Lol, so Iris can fly a blimp now? Ok but its still cool Cilan also got to help out with the trains too! So Ash and Keldeo bonded it seems and Keldeo got the courage to battle Kyurem again to protect its friends. Anyway, so the battle was just plain awesome! Its probably the best part of the movie, especially when Keldeo learned Sacred Sword and then changed form but its too bad it lost which is pretty surprising actually...

Spoiler:- My favourite scenes;-:

So yeah, I thought it'd end with them saying good bye but it ended with Keldeo finally becoming a Swords of Justice! So overall I really enjoyed this movie, nothing too special but it was still pretty good movie. I finally noticed Team Rocket in the credits lol, it took me forever to find their cameos...

I'd give this movie a; 7/10 for its quality I guess.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

I'd say it was a good movie overall. The friendship thing was very cheesy at the end of the film with the "Swords of Justice," (Keldeo: "Greater than three is four!-- is this a kindergarden math lesson, writers/dubbers?), but the animation was really good. Kyurem was pretty cool, and I did enjoy Iris and Cilan in the film a lot.

INTRO (5/10):

*sigh* Mediocre intro. Cheesy lyrics.

PLOT (7/10):

- Could've been more creative, really. Pretty forgetable.

VOICES (7/10):

- Bad voice acting from Vic Mignogna as Keldeo and Emily Williams as Virizion. Wow...Vic sucked, I have to agree with what Dogasu said on his review. Goes to show how important voice direction is for a voice actor, actually. Emily Williams sounded about as enthusiastic as dry paint on a wall when playing Virizion. As always in BW, Carter Cathcart's Meowth is poor, but he didn't say much of anything, so he's easy to ignore.

- Average voice acting here was Sarah Natochenny, who can't yell (or especially, laugh) for crap as Ash, but she did pretty good with everything else. H.D. Quinn was pretty average as well here, and is probably some guy Tom Wayland got off the street or from some non-anime children's shows (-_-). Bill Rogers does Stunfisk okay too: not bad or good, really.

- Everyone else did good voice acting from what I saw, I guess. Marc Thompson's Kyurem was the standout for me.

ANIMATION: (10/10)

- Pretty impressive to say the least. Nice work.

OVERALL: (7.25/10)
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th April 2013 at 7:43 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Kyurem was the only good thing to me, although it'a too bad his role had to be reduced to basically just being a sleeping giant.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I forgot to mention, I really liked the Darumaka lunch box idea its kind of funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I'd say it was a good movie overall. The friendship thing was very cheesy at the end of the film with the "Swords of Justice," (Keldeo: "Greater than three is four!-- is this a kindergarden math lesson, writers/dubbers?), but the animation was really good. Kyurem was pretty cool, and I did enjoy Iris and Cilan in the film a lot.

INTRO (5/10):

*sigh* Mediocre intro. Cheesy lyrics.
    Yeah, I actually prefer the TV version rather than the movie version but its fine, hopefully they'll improve on that.

PLOT (7/10):

- Could've been more creative, really. Pretty forgetable.
    Well, I thought Keldeo's part of the plot is pretty good actually, Kyurem's is pretty pointless. I think its maybe 'cause there is no bad guy/villain besides Kyurem for the most part..? :/

VOICES (7/10):

- Bad voice acting from Vic Mignogna as Keldeo and Emily Williams as Virizon. Wow...Vic sucked, I have to agree with what Dogasu said on his review. Goes to show how important voice direction is for a voice actor, actually. Emily Williams sounded about as enthusiastic as dry paint on a wall when playing Virizion. As always in BW, Carter Cathcart's Meowth is poor, but he didn't say much of anything, so he's easy to ignore.

- Average voice acting here was Sarah Natochenny, who can't yell (or especially, laugh) for crap as Ash, but she did pretty good with everything else. H.D. Quinn was pretty average as well here, and is probably some guy Tom Wayland got off the street or from some non-anime children's shows (-_-). Bill Rogers does Stunfisk okay too: not bad or good, really.

- Everyone else did good voice acting from what I saw, I guess. Marc Thompson's Kyurem was the standout for me.
    I mostly agree with you although I'm too sure about the voice acting it seemed fine to me, well for the most part... Its mainly Keldeo's VA that was more noticeable, hopefully they'll improve on that too. Anyway, at least with the dubbing so far, its getting better, BW is way better than DP, at least in my opinion it is.

ANIMATION: (10/10)

- Pretty impressive to say the least. Nice work.

OVERALL: (7.25/10)
    Its mainly the great animation and setting of the film that holds this movie together tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Kyurem was the only good thing to me, although it'a too bad his role had to be reduced to basically just being a sleeping giant.
    Really? So you didn't notice Kyurem flying around the entire city just to go after Keldeo but yeah, I suppose it could have done more by maybe bringing in Reshiram and Zekrom into the story I guess.

Tbh, I prefer Kyurem to change forms at will rather than to fuse with Reshiram or Zekrom. ._.;

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

I really enjoyed that movie. Keldeo is so adorable!
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/eb785j.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    I forgot to mention, I really liked the Darumaka lunch box idea its kind of funny.

Yeah, I actually prefer the TV version rather than the movie version but its fine, hopefully they'll improve on that.

Well, I thought Keldeo's part of the plot is pretty good actually, Kyurem's is pretty pointless. I think its maybe 'cause there is no bad guy/villain besides Kyurem for the most part..? :/

I mostly agree with you although I'm too sure about the voice acting it seemed fine to me, well for the most part... Its mainly Keldeo's VA that was more noticeable, hopefully they'll improve on that too. Anyway, at least with the dubbing so far, its getting better, BW is way better than DP, at least in my opinion it is.

Its mainly the great animation and setting of the film that holds this movie together tbh...

Really? So you didn't notice Kyurem flying around the entire city just to go after Keldeo but yeah, I suppose it could have done more by maybe bringing in Reshiram and Zekrom into the story I guess.

Tbh, I prefer Kyurem to change forms at will rather than to fuse with Reshiram or Zekrom. ._.;
    Agreed. I think Keldeo was the one I was just...>_<...as far as the voice acting goes. Everyone else was average to excellent. I'm just being a picky jerk since this is a movie. I personally hated Virizon's VA because she put no emotion at all into the character, though.

Oh god, the voice acting is LEAGUES better in BW than it was in either BF or DP. I couldn't agree more with you on that one. It's a huge improvement for the TPCi dub, IMO.

Same here: TV version > Movie version.

On the plot, I mean in general. Kyurem had no backstory, IMO, and at least Keldeo had something. I just felt it was kinda average in general.

You got it: definitely the animation and setting that make it standout.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

This movie is one of my new favorites. I loved how the musketeers were the main Pokemon along with Keldeo. I thought it was cool Kyurem could change his forme at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    This movie is one of my new favorites. I loved how the musketeers were the main Pokemon along with Keldeo. I thought it was cool Kyurem could change his forme at will.
    Same here. I got amazed at how Kyurem could change its forme without the need of Reshiram or Zekrom personally, but the movie's still great nonetheless.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I kinda found this movie, more dull then the others. It was alright but it was just missing something, and it's not because I am older (Ten bucks if I watched the first movie, my eyes would water. And the movie with Giratina I would still love, same with Pokemon 2000 if the only copy I had, wasn't so wrecked with mold or whatever).

And it felt so short, hardly any other characters around. You think with a Pokemon like Kyruem *(Who was treated more of a bad guy, but hardly).

Also why didn't Ash recall Scraggy? His pokeballs are always on his belt so that is less likely it was in his bag. Throughout the series, anyone who isn't Pikachu or Meowth (See, there's a reason for pokeballs haha) you have seen trainers recall their Pokemon while in a fast moving object or falling from the sky. And you think the three Legendaries could have gotten out of the ice themselves if Keldeo was able to.

Just wasn't as great as the other movies. No good battle in the beginning, the only interesting thing is Ash actually using other Pokemon (But once again, the side characters don't get to show their Pokemon, or aleast Iris).
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Changing forme without Reshiram and Zekrom was cool, and I did like the twist with Keldeo actually losing in the end.

And the fact that there were no other human characters besides the main trio in the movie. That's what gave the movie its unique feel. I'd like more movies like that.

This movie was really bland and boring, because this movie's plot was too ........ Simple. It's centered around an arrogant Keldeo's goal of beating kyurem and becoming a Sword of Justice. Changing form without Reshiram or Zekrom was good, but kinda unusual too. Keldeo losing to Kyurem was satisfying to me, I was annoyed at Keldeo for running away from the battle with Kyurem.

The only things I liked about this movie are the opening song "Rival Destinies" and the ending song "It's All Inside Of You", that's all.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 16th December 2013 at 11:13 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I have to say the song that plays in the end credits of the dub has become one of my favorite ending credits song of any Pokémon movie I've seen. It is really a beautiful song and ties in well to the theme of the movie.

this movie was so boring and when it was over i was like thats it???? worst movie so far from pokemon imo

I kind of liked this movie, just because it was much more centered around Pokémon than most of the other movies. Besides the Ash crew, who was mostly just background material in this movie, there weren't any other human characters. The animation was pretty nice, and it was just something nice to watch without really having to think about why or what was going on. The plot was pretty much non-existant... I mean, why was Kyurem sitting in that cave, accepting challenges from the Swords of Justice? Is that his only purpose? What are the Swords of Justice supposed to fight for anyway? Justice? Which is never shown in the movie at all. It all felt so random, and more like an excuse to get some nice animation of the new legendaries out there. The rest of it was super cheesy to the absolute max (even by Pokémon standards) with the friendship gives you power theme. Maybe it's because I was in the mood for something brainless when watching this that I was able to accept this as a decent movie, but yeah... I kind of enjoyed it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast