Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice (M15)

This movie was... okay? Its was better than the two previous movies thats for sure, and I liked how Kyurem was a real Pokemon villain and there wasnt a person who made him an ally in the end. Well, technically he turned out to be a good guy in the end which kinda ticked me off because that makes 2 movies in a row that the enemy wasnt really an enemy -_- If they had made him be evil just to be evil than it would have been an amazing ending to see Keldeo and the three other swordsmen take him down but instead we got a B-movie ending :/

Friendship power!! Was basically what this movie was about...
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

That's why I'm hoping Genesect is a villain with no-one controlling him AND that he stays evil in his movie. If Mewtwo's in it, it would be even better.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Watching it right now, and honestly... I'm feeling kind of annoyed with it. I'm just so tired of seeing a legendary befriend Ash & co. who "just so happens" to know how to talk via telepathy, and needs help taking down a greater evil. It seems like every Pokemon movie nowadays're just using the same formula. And SERIOUSLY? Did Keldeo seriously just shoot water from his hooves to propel himself in the air...? Oh boy, I'm sure the rest of this movie will be just as interesting.

There's nothing wrong with Keldeo shooting water from his hooves. I think it's pretty badass and adds to the fact he's a fighting horse.

Dammit! I couldn't find a Lucario square in the intro! I only found Riolu in the lower section.

So is fighting Kyurem a rite of passage for the Swords of Justice or what?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Keldeo shooting water from his hooves. I think it's pretty badass and adds to the fact he's a fighting horse.

Dammit! I couldn't find a Lucario square in the intro! I only found Riolu in the lower section.
    I'll just be honest and say that I find it... pretty ridiculous looking. But of course that isn't all that important. Nothing truly amazing about this movie so far... hopefully some more Kyurem will 'lighten up the mood'. ;x

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    So is fighting Kyurem a rite of passage for the Swords of Justice or what?
    In a nutshell...

Spoiler:

I just finished watching this movie. I like it. It's a simple story that was executed well. It would've been cool if we saw like a short flashback of Virizion, Cobalion, & Terrakion fighting Kyurem.

Oh wait, I found the Lucario square. It's to the far-right corner of the screen as Riolu's flies by.

Something else that I'd like to add is that Iris's hair is oddly well detailed in the movie.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 10th December 2012 at 3:36 AM.

Something else that I'd like to add is that Iris's hair is oddly well detailed in the movie.
    I know right? I've been saying that for the longest.

And no explanation as to why either, oh well no big deal.

But its also funny that in the games/history of Kyurem that its just the leftover/shell after Zekrom and Reshiram were separated, but turns out to be the strongest of the 3 and maybe other Dragons as well. Nice

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

I feel like they showed Black Kyurem more than they did white. I was wanting to draw a picture of ice burn and freeze shock colliding, but in the movie, ice burn goes everywhere. can moves be used in a different physical form?
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

I watched the movie. It was cool, Kyurem was awesome... I'm guessing Team Plasma/Ghetsis aren't gonna be abusing Kyurem, then... Most likely.

I wish Ash was gone and Keldeo wasn't as cheesy... But it was worth watching, IMO. Kyurem was awesome, does anyone know where to get a list of the voice actors? I'd like to know who voiced Kyurem and Keldeo... But mostly Kyurem.

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    what I meant was that it's based around the pokemon's story. Not ash and co. With more action than a plot.
    Action is good and all but if every movie was like this - all action, no plot - you would get very sick of it very fast.

The length of this movie is no excuse, nor is 'it had a better story because it was about the Pokémon!'. Mewtwo Strikes Back packed a lot more story, a similar amount of action and plenty of Pokémon focus into a similar running time. There is no excuse for how lazy the writing of this movie was.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    There is no excuse for how lazy the writing of this movie was.
    So it actually breaks the formula that every movie from the fourth onward (the thirteenth possibly being an exception) and THAT'S lazy writing to you?

As Colress would say: "I disagree!"

Fairly enjoyable simplistic action/rite of passage movie, would've liked to seen more of a backstory on the Muskedeer's and why they fight Kyurem as a rite of passage. It was definetly better the the Victini movie.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I wasn't able to catch either showing of the movie on Cartoon Network, as I was out of the house all weekend - does anyone know if/when it will be rebroadcast or posted on the CN website?

National Pokedex: Completed 718/719 (Missing: Diancie)
    Living Pokedex: Completed 718/719
    "OT Timmy" Living Pokedex: 709/719
    Missing "OT: Timmy" Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    So it actually breaks the formula that every movie from the fourth onward (the thirteenth possibly being an exception) and THAT'S lazy writing to you?
    Pattern breaking is one thing, but this movie doesn't have any plot. The entirety of its so-called plot literally is just a moral lesson that's been done before in a much less hamfisted way.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Does anyone know how this movie did in the ratings for Cartoon Network on its original airing? Thanks!

I'm quite surprised Hilbert wasn't shown battling in the beginning of the movie like Brendan, Lucas, and Ethan were.

I like her bangs in the movies.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Is it me or was the city oddly deserted? I mean, what? Did Kyurem eat them all? And how did Iris work a blimp? Hell, did they even get in trouble for stealing?

It was okay, I guess. The plot was a bit light and cheesy. Also, what's Kyurem's deal with the Swords of Justice? I can't tell if Kyurem is supposed to be a bad guy, or just there to test Keldeo, I feel like his motives should've been explained a bit more. But then again, I was only paying half attention to the movie, so I might've missed something.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

great movie, however I wish they hadn't cut out the melotta short heres hoping it will be a special feature in the dvd with melotta download for white 2

pokemon X /omega rubyfc: 5026-4433-8974(dark friend safari with vulluaby, liepard, crawdaunt or absol)
    wifi has been shut down for 4th/5th gen games

It was okay. It needed more plot. I did like how we saw Ash's full team in this movie as well as Stunfisk and Crustle.

I don't particularly care for Keldeo but liked seeing Kyurem and Cobalion in action.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast