View Poll Results: Which are worse, the fans or the haters?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • fans

11 35.48%
  • haters

20 64.52%

Thread: Haters Gonna Hate, Fans Gonna Fan

Arrow Haters Gonna Hate, Fans Gonna Fan

So we've all bumped into that person who loves that thing. Whether it be My Little Pony, Pokemon, or Naruto; it always has its loyal fans along with those who spite it and those who love it with all their might. After a while of surfing the web, I can't decide which of the two sides is worse. Now this is not a thread to show off your aggression to a fan-base thus no pointing fingers to anyone and keep quiet about specific fan-bases (as well as the fact that my "worst fan-base ever" thread incinerated into a nightmarish Hell). Also, give good thought into your answer.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Both. I you won't ever shut up about one particular thing, it gets annoying. Whether or not you like or dislike it is pretty irrelevant at that point.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I can't give a hard-and-fast rule, and even then, not all the haters are on par with each other, nor all the fans. Like, not all bronies make or use ****able plushies.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Even if it's for something I really don't like, the haters are always the worst. Because usually haters call whatever they are hating "gay" or "for ***gots". There's a difference between haters and people that dislike. People that dislike something usually aren't dicks about it.

Fans can be annoying, but at least they are happy and dwelling on the positives.

It depends on the person, whether they're a hater or a fan. I've seen both obnoxious haters and fans, though it depended on the fandom. A lot of Invader Zim fans are really annoying if not creepily obsessive (especially the ZADR fangirls), while My Little Pony haters never do seem to back up their reasons well (the ones I've mostly seen anyway) and just keep screaming about a lot of things that may or may not be true. I saw an article that basically got a whole bunch of facts wrong about the bronies, a good example of critical research failure.

So it just depends on where you go, and who you talk to. Every fandom has that one crazy person that is the most vocal, whether they represent the entire fanbase or not.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

my bad, i meant to vote for fans.

haters actually bring more attention.

I've got to say Haters. While some fans are undeniably annoying, only haters literally go out of their way to insult people. Like the ones who sign up for the forums just to be rude to members of the fandom. Even with things like Justin Beiber, where you can't go anywhere without somebody complaining about him.

I'm also into the whole, "it's always better to love than hate," sort of deal.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

That depends on the fandom in question. Very much So. My computer is lagging to hard for me to type examples right now though.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Depends what you mean by haters. People who give reasons for hating what they do or people who hate, just to hate.

I can't pick both, so I picked Fans.

I think Fans and Haters are equally annoying depending on the fandom. If it's MLP, most of the Fans are annoying as hell. On the other Hand, the Haters won't shut up about how much it sucks, without giving reason.

Other Fandoms, mostly the smaller ones, aren't as annoying. Fandom's for things like Dinosaur King or some other small bases you never hear about, but have a relatively small amount of "I really hate _______ because (insert ******* reason here)" while the Fan's are like "I Love _____ because (Insert some generic reference between topic and something more popular here)"

so It really depends on the Fandom in question.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Most haters are trolls. So I would say the fan-fans are worse as the
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

I can't really say. I think both are pretty annoying. But because of my constant torment for my love of anime, I'm going to have to go with haters.

I have OCD, so I guess I qualify as a fan, heh heh. Seriously, I have been obsessed with many things such as S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Tool to name a few. It really annoys me when somebody hates on things like the ones I mentioned.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

It really depends on maturity and general behavior. I maturely dislike MLP and I am a sane fan of anything I follow, whether it's Pokemon, Sonic, Soul Eater, Gurren Lagann or anything else.

The Fan option should be fangirls/fanboys. I voted fans due to my own personal experiences.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

As someone above stated, it completely depends on what fandom it is.

For instance; I'm in the Sherlock, Star Trek, Doctor Who, and Supernatural fandoms the most, however I dabble in other fandoms as well. But I've always noticed a certain tick about certain fandoms. Sherlock is a rather good example, because it's kind of a jungle out there. People get mad at people for their ships, their opinions, and whatever else they can find. But most of the fans are actually very tolerant and accepting, it's one of my favorite fandoms actually. (I'm sort of between the good/bad side of the fandom depending on who you talk to. Some people say Johnlock shippers are weird, but most of the fandom ships Johnlock so...).

Now, the Homestuck fandom. That's a completely different story. I still read Homestuck, but I've learned to not really get involved in the fandom. These guys are outright butts, bashing people openly for what they ship, being complete tools when someone asks what Homestuck is. It's really just not a great community, especially the open hate that Homestucks get from other fandoms.

So in short, there's good/bad in any fandom. You just have to try and avoid the bad.