Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battle of Yuletide 2012- The Frost Heart Cult RPG Thread

Diego Vendrix
    The Baker
    Christmas Party, Hallow Forest

"Chosen ones? Us? Spirits of Christmas Past and Present? What? Aren't those just stories?! My mama did tell me about them when I was younger... but you're real? Th-this... is too much for me right now." Jessica asked.

"Whoa! Like the ones from A Christmas Carol? Awesome!" Leo said enthusiastically. "So, chosen ones huh? What exactly have we been chosen for? And what happened to the Spirit of the Future?"

"Chosen ones? What does that mean?” Benedict wondered aloud. He looked around at his companions who looked pretty amazing in their new outfits, especially Leo, who looked more flamboyant than Benedict actually was. He grinned slightly.

Diego simply stood there shocked but he recovered in time for the couple to answer.

"Yes... we were real. We inspired Mr. Dickens for his story," The Spirit of Christmas Past said. "Yes, the story were based off of real events," she added.

"As for the Spirit of Christmas Yet To Come, that is actually Death. One of the ways he spends the holidays, go and help us teach people," The Spirit of Christmas Present stated.

"And by chosen. Let me explain," The Spirit of Christmas Past began she summoned an ancient book and the text summoned itself in light for them to read.

Christmas, Navidad, Yuletide, Saturnalia, Hogmanay… these are the festivals of the winter solstice. However, what do they mean…

It is a time of great magic. A time of gift-giving, celebration, feasting and the participating of miracles. Let’s go back to how it began…

Occasionally known as Yuletide, this was one of the eight grand holidays of the old gods. This holiday was the celebration of the Winter Solstice. This festival has been associated with the Wild Hunt as well as festivities of eating and drinking. The Midwinter feast was considered the final party before going back to sleep for the deep winter and keeping the harvest to last through the dark frosty hibernation. To not feed the cattle, they were killed and thus fresh meat was available during this time. Also, the beer and wine was fermented enough to be drank and enjoyed. It was also considered to be the rebirth of the sun.

During this festival in the frost, when there is no warmth from the outside, the wood is burned at the hearth and the warmth within the hearts of humanity was shared. A party before going to sleep and a celebration of death and rebirth as the year near its end and a new one beginning soon. A mysterious elderly hunter would ride and leave gifts of food, drink and toys for those who had done good in the world. A man who was religious and gave gifts, St. Nicolas. The man who would become Santa Claus.

However... something horrible had happened one day...

An evil cult had gathered dark power from a strange stone that appeared from the sky. The cult has been broken by life and turned to a god of evil. They made theirs hearts of ice and they loathed the hearth and warmth of the holidays. So they planned to plant the venom of bitter ice in everyone so all the world would be frozen in hatred forever. An eternal icy prison.

However, the Saint was brave and powerful and called upon seven legendary heroes to assist in his battle. The war was fierce but in the end, the seven heroes poured their hearts into a fiery power and banished the cult away before sealing the evil into a large ornate music box. The songs of their memories would play and guard the deity. The cost was great, the heroes died and the magic had to lay dormant.

Yuletide faded and gained rebirth through what is known as Christmas...

This Winter Solstice however... the ancient seal has decayed... The frigid spirit of hatred lived on and even today, there are several people who detest the warmth and in vengeance and envy, drawn to the remains of the temple ruins. Their hearts became frozen and their soul’s corrupted. Now serving as the new cult, they plan to break the music box and once more try to bring the end of the world at the end of the 5th baktun...

"The trinkets were created from the Essences of those heroes. You brave four must save Christmas and the world from the Ice Heart cult. We ourselves must retain as mortals to remain hidden. You must head to the North Pole to see St. Nicholas," The Spirit of Christmas Past explained.

Diego absorbed it all and nodded. "...Okay. We won't let this cult win. We will save Christmas and the world," Diego said nervously but with hope and confidence. He nodded. He looked to the others.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone
    Sugarplum Fairy

The spirits explained everything. They told them about the origins of Christmas, and about an evil cult who had tried to imprison the world in icy hatred, and that they had been defeated in the past by a group of seven heroes. Now the cult is back, and it was up to this group to defeat them once more. They also explained that the charms they were given contained the essences of the previous heroes. Leo looked at his trinket, and smirked when he noticed that the previous sugarplum fairy was female. That wasn't a surprise, but he found it funny. Heh, I bet they didn't expect a guy to choose the fairy. Leo thought.

"...Okay. We won't let this cult win. We will save Christmas and the world." Diego said when the two spirits finished their story.

Leo took everything in, and smiled. "Well, of course I'm gonna help! I've always wanted to save the world in a sexy fairy costume and magical candy powers." He said with a giggle, and gave a thumbs up. "Seriously though, I'm in, I'm totally in! Who wouldn't be?"

"Hey could somebody scratch behind my ear? I can’t get it...” Benedict asked when he tried to reach an itch, but was having a hard time doing so because of his new hooves.

"Of course!" Leo exclaimed as he flew up to him, and gently scratched behind his ears. "Is that better?"
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 17th January 2013 at 11:05 PM.

Jessica "Jessie" Kaye
    Holiday Angel

After being barraged with questions the Spirits of Christmas Past summoned an ancient book and the text illuminated itself. It told the tale of an evil cult that tried to cover the world in a frozen hatred, the heroes that prevented it. The spirit also explained the uniqueness of the trinkets, about how they were created from the essences of past heroes. Jessica could hardly believe what she was hearing, she still hasn't got past what happened a while ago.

She looked down at the trinket in her hand, she felt the warmth of safety from it. There once was a hero... and their essence is the basis of this trinket?

After snapping back into reality, Jessica heard from the Spirit of Christmas Past give them a task. "You brave four must save Christmas and the world from the Ice Heart cult. We ourselves must retain as mortals to remain hidden. You must head to the North Pole to see St. Nicholas," she explained.

Another hit to her currently fragile mind. North Pole... Saint Nicholas... SANTA? She began to feel dizzy and almost fainted, but remembered the candy cane that Leo had given her. She took a bite and felt a sudden surge of energy. She felt better and regained stability. The others began to speak after taking in the information.

"...Okay. We won't let this cult win. We will save Christmas and the world." Diego said when the two spirits finished their story.

Leo took everything in, and smiled. "Well, of course I'm gonna help! I've always wanted to save the world in a sexy fairy costume and magical candy powers." He said with a giggle, and gave a thumbs up. "Seriously though, I'm in, I'm totally in! Who wouldn't be?"

"I guess I really have no other choice... I was chosen, so... But it's not like I don't want to! I really do! I just have to get used to it, that's all. I'm ready!" declared Jessica, ending her short speech with a fist to her palm.

[Not Made by Me]

Benedict Shanker
    The Reindeer
    Christmas Party, Hallow Forest.

The spirits explained why they had changed, they explained everything really. They explained the magic, a cult, and of course who they really were. The cult, which was a bunch of evil doers who wanted to more or less, suck the fun and magic out of Christmas. They had been defeated by a cult of seven heroes in the past, whose powers remained in the trinkets that they had been given. Benedict heard them mention that the Reindeer had been rudolf, well, that explained the nose. Thought Benedict, fiddling with his hooves more. This would definitely take some getting used to... how would he tell Jordon?

He was sucked out of his thoughts when Leo replied to his question; "Of course!" Leo exclaimed as he flew up to him, and gently scratched behind his ears. "Is that better?". Benedict sighed in relief and smiled.

“Much better, uh, thanks... Leo?” He thought that was the boy’s name, he had always been shite with names. he glanced at the others. They had all shouted in agreement to stopping this cult.

“I’m in too,” replied Benedict, his accent appearing. It seemed quite weird to see a reindeer with a british accent. “We’ll definitely save the holidays from this cult!”

Diego Vendrix
    The Baker

As everyone agreed, the couple smiled before they shivered. "We have not much time. Follow the Northern Lights and you will arrive at Old Man Winter's Temple. There you will be given the next set of instructions," the Ghost of Christmas Past stated.

"Best of luck heroes. Not just Christmas, but joy and the vitality of life itself is in your hands," The Ghost of Christmas Present stated before they vanished into light. Diego saw the Northen Lirhgts, heading through the forest.

"Let's go guys," Diego said as he led the group throuh the forest.

Diego Vendrix
    The Baker
    Secret Path, Hallow Forest

Diego led them through. "How is everyone with their powers doing?" Diego asked as he took a bite out of his arm. He was warm and delicious. He was doing this to get used to pain. He saw his wound heal with dough oozing out and healing already.
    The Baker

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Sugarplum Fairy

“Much better, uh, thanks... Leo?”

Leo gave him a thumbs up. "No problem Benny!"

As everyone agreed, the couple smiled before they shivered. "We have not much time. Follow the Northern Lights and you will arrive at Old Man Winter's Temple. There you will be given the next set of instructions," the Ghost of Christmas Past stated.

"Best of luck heroes. Not just Christmas, but joy and the vitality of life itself is in your hands," The Ghost of Christmas Present stated before they vanished into light.

"Let's go guys," Diego said as he went ahead through the forest.

Leo looked up at the pretty lights in the sky for minute before he noticed Diego had gone off ahead. "Wait a second, why do you get to go first?! Wait up!" He shouted as he flew up ahead to catch up.

Sugarplum Fairy
    Secret Path, Hallow Forest

As the group traversed through the path, Leo decided to lighten the mood by singing a song from a certain TV show he liked. This particular song always made him smile when he listens to it on the internet. At the very least the others would get a laugh from the Fairy Guy singing it.

♪Yes a perfect gift for me (Come on everypony smile, smile, smile)
    Is a smile as wide as a mile (Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine)
    To make me happy as can be (All I really need's a smile, smile, smile; from these happy friends of MIIIIINE!)

Smile, smile, smile, smile, smile!

Come on and smile
    Come on and smile!♪

When he paused to take a breath, he caught sight saw Diego nibbling on his arm. Leo just looked at him with a confused face. I know your a gingerbread man, but why would you bite your own arm? Doesn't that hurt? The bite on his arm seemed to regenerate itself soon after taking a bite. Hm, how odd...

"How is everyone with their powers doing?" Diego asked.

"Eh, I'm doing alright I guess... I can fly ok." He demonstrated this by flying higher in the air, doing a pirouette, then flying downward. "Don't know about the other stuff though..." He stuck his hand out, but nothing happened. "I still don't have the hang of making candy yet. They kinda happened on their own before..."

(OOC: This is like, the third time Leo has sang an MLP song in an RP. xD)
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 26th January 2013 at 9:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12