Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the writers setting up Kotetsu to be a possible main character?

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    I wonder if you created a thread exactly like this one devoted to that very idea. No, Kotetsu is not replacing Ash. Ash is not going anywhere, get over it CyberCubed.
    IN the beginning of DP, Dawn was getting a lot of screentime. Her Contests actually got more focus than Ash's Gym quest for some time.

It was only after the first 50 or so DP episodes, that the writers shifted the focus back to Ash and Dawn's contest quest took a backseat. I can see why when DP first started for that first year or so people felt like Dawn was getting more screentime than Ash was.

If anything the writers made a big deal out of Dawn in the beginning of DP, but then gradually stopped focusing on her as much as it progressed.

I think it's quite obvious that he's just another League rival who will disappear into obscurity after he defeats Ash. I know some people complained about Trip throughout this saga, but that still doesn't mean that he should be replaced by Kotetsu. We shouldn't set our sights so low to be honest; we could do so much better.~

Guys, pay attention to me. D:

At this point, the only character in the whole anime who's getting a lot of character development is Iris herself.

I don't think this show would ever set up a new character to overtake Ash. If they wanted him gone, they would just end this show and start a new one in a new region with a complete cast of new characters with new personalites. I always feel like I waste my words in your threads though lol this one is just ridiculous
    Walker Sleepover

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I get the strong feeling that Kotetsu is essentially replacing Trip as Ash's main rival this saga.

If so, its possible Ash will have a rematch against him later on in BW after losing to him in the league.
    Just like that "strong feeling" you got about Ash challenging the Champion League in Sinnoh, and then in the Unova Saga?
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Just like that "strong feeling" you got about Ash challenging the Champion League in Sinnoh, and then in the Unova Saga?
    Lawl I just died a little. Strong feelings don't warrant threads. I could have a strong feeling that well anyone could replace Ash and that thread would probably be closed
    Walker Sleepover

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Cyber, they are not setting up Kotetsu as the next main character. It's obvious they're not throwing some non-game character into that role, and early on in DP Dawn seemed to be the main character with being the center of attention but she wasn't actually it.

I realize you want Ash to be replaced, but be real. Why do you keep making threads to complain about it and bash BW? You don't pull this crap on Bulba because you know the threads would get closed in a heartbeat and you would be infracted, treat other forums with the same respect you would another. Your threads usually lead to negative behavior anyway.
    Quoted for truth. Cyber, really? I mean really? Mods here please, k thx.

In the meantime, I'll go along with the topic and say that Kotetsu is simply an interesting character. If they really wanted, they could make him a main rival for the next region and that would be alright.

And ya know what? I'll stick with my logic that the writers can do the unexpected, even do a series focused on Kotetsu if they saw both potential and sizable demand for it. But it would be a bad move IMO to do it at the expense of another character for a long long time. I would suggest something like this only for 1 season or so; just long enough to give the viewers a break and the writers time to refine their long term plans.

EDIT: yeah this thread is technically pure speculation so it'll probably get closed.
    Last edited by Bluelatios*; 9th December 2012 at 8:13 AM.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Oh c'mon, you can do better than this, Cyber.

Oh come on -_-. Someone stupider then Ash really?? This is low even for you Cyber....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I love Kotetsu so much, i hope it. Better is Kotetsu go white Riolu in a new region his Pokémon from Unova go from his Family and he his the new Hero in the Annime. But later will Kotetsu have a Lucario this is not godd, it go in his Pokéball.

Replacing Trip as a main rival? Possibly.

Addition to the cast? Unlikely, but still possible.

Replacing Ash? 99% Impossible.

Bianca into the cast plox

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Or maybe he'll replace Ash.I would sooooo cheer and dance and party!!!!Wooohooo!!!

And why are people saying he can't replace Ash?he's basically Ash 2 with a more interesting personality and much better pokemon.It's funny how every character is better than Ash...except Brock and that's kinda it>.>
    Last edited by Nacreous; 9th December 2012 at 9:19 AM.

I can't see this happening a qll. Dawn was a,ready too much for the writrrs back in DP, so this'll never happen.

... Of courae i still want it with Bianca being companion :3

He doed seem like the Morrison/Richie character to me thoigh, so he'll appear later on most likely.

I am 100 % fine with this idea ^^ I would not mind kotetsu being. Main character

I think this is the reason Kotetsu's design wasn't based on a game character, so they can use him more regularly and not tie him down.

His personality is so similar to Ash in a number of ways, I can see him starring in his own series. Perhaps Iris and Cilan will travel with him instead of Ash next gen?

His personality is so similar to Ash in a number of ways, I can see him starring in his own series. Perhaps Iris and Cilan will travel with him instead of Ash next gen?
    You mean like how Ritchie was similar to Ash and didn't replace him?

I think this is the reason Kotetsu's design wasn't based on a game character, so they can use him more regularly and not tie him down.

Quit trolling already!

...Kotetsu DOES need guidance. O.o

Honestly if Iris and Dento traveled with him they'd all get eaten by something in a matter of 5 minutes. XD

Tbh I really wouldn't mind if Chronicles comes back and a few epis focus on him. XD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    ...Kotetsu DOES need guidance. O.o

Honestly if Iris and Dento traveled with him they'd all get eaten by something in a matter of 5 minutes. XD

Tbh I really wouldn't mind if Chronicles comes back and a few epis focus on him. XD
    Haha. I laughed so hard at that. xD Hilarious.

Lol you do realize that Kotetsu was only introduced so that he could beat Ash in the league right? XD
    I honestly don't see him returning after the league ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

How did you ever even come to this idea Cyber?

Well since Ash won the Champion League and Dawn became the protagonist, it's quite likely that Kotetsu will win the Unova League and replace Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Quit trolling already!
    Quoted for truth again.

Now then, I'd be open to the idea of doing another Chronicles like saga and have a few episodes dedicated to Kotetsu. What do you guys think about that?
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

I think Kotetsu will probably never appear again after the League, just like Harrison, Morrison, Tyson and Tobias.

But who knows.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast