Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sprite Tutorials ~ 56K Warning!

Fusion Tutorial - ~.:Northern Lights:.~

Ruler of the Fics.

I'm pretty busy right now so if you need to get hold of me PLEASE PM. I'll get the email notification a lot faster.

Re-type Tutorial by JolteonShock

Ruler of the Fics.

I'm pretty busy right now so if you need to get hold of me PLEASE PM. I'll get the email notification a lot faster.

Ruler of the Fics.

Holemon - Torosiken

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/2gy53r7.png[/IMG]
    Ruler of the Fics.

How to Make Chao - Torosiken

[IMG]http://i28.*******.com/xoe5n4.png[/IMG]
    Ruler of the Fics.

Graidents - derekkoch

1. Make a blank paint screen:

2. Make the height 500 by 100 width:

3.Make black diagnals and leave spaces per # of colors:

4. Fill in spaces for colors:

5. Resize and make the width 1:

6. Keep resizing by 500s until desired size
    Ruler of the Fics.

Doll Tutorial - Spherical Ice

Ruler of the Fics.

Visual Map Tutorial - KingTapir

Shape and Routes

Mountains

Lake
    Ruler of the Fics.

Badge Tutorial - Kindrindra

Ruler of the Fics.

Eyes of Stalks - ShuckleGuy

Ruler of the Fics.

Eyes of Stalks - ShuckleGuy

Ruler of the Fics.

HGSS Badge Tutorial - KingTapir

Ruler of the Fics.

HGSS Badge Tutorial - KingTapir

Ruler of the Fics.

HG/SS style Map Creation - Pastel

Ruler of the Fics.

Cleanup Tutorial - KingTapir

Ruler of the Fics.

Pokemoticon - Zozo1999

[IMG]http://i35.*******.com/300qzwk.png[/IMG]
    Ruler of the Fics.

Animated Splice Tutorial by DarkForce

In my art shop, the Dark Arts, I have allowed the possibility of what (I think) no one has ever come up with before. We have seen amazingly complex splices, intricately designed trainer cards, and even the animation of pop-out 3D userbars. But now, I introduce you to...
    ANIMATED SPLICES!!!
    Incinerow
    How do I create such an art? Well, this is what the tutorial is about! But there are a few things you must note:

-Animated splicing requires a large amount of time, and the results will likely not be what you expect, so patience is of the essence.
    -I animate the splice through PROGRAMMING, and the program I use is Game Maker 8, which can be found on the YoYo Games website (Google). If any of you does not know how to program or how to use Game Maker I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you start learning at least simple functions and variables before you attempt the tutorial. If someone can think of an easier way to animate than me, then hopefully we can follow that procedure instead.
    -Remember, I am trying my BEST to make this tutorial simple and easy to follow, so if anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

You will need programs that can:
    -splice regularly (Paint)
    -animate the splice (Game Maker 8)
    -record the screen (HyperCam)
    -convert the recorded video into a GIF (there are many ways, but I use VirtualDubMod to save the image sequence, Easy Graphic Converter to convert the images into GIF, and UnFreez to compile all the images into one GIF. Google again)
    -edit the final GIF to improve the animation more (again, this is up to you, but I use Game Maker 7 because it allows more flexibility with the sprite, and that it saves the image as a GIF instead of a PNG from Game Maker 8)

If you think you're up for the challenge, proceed.

THE TUTORIAL:

I am going to be using one of my requests from the shop as the example for this tutorial. Here is the final product:
    Exoskade
    This is PokemonTrainers' request and I hope you will like it!

STEP 1: COLLECT THE PARTS FOR SPLICING
    Now, this might seem obvious enough by now, but I literally mean collect the PARTS of the Pokemon you are going to splice, as shown in this picture:

The parts were not ripped off of the actual sprite of the Pokemon by me, they are the ACTUAL parts of the Pokemon used for animating. You can find it in the Spriters Resource, where all of the parts can be found.

STEP 2: SPLICE

Now, as you can see I collected the parts I needed for the splice on the left side and did the actual splice on the right. The parts on the left are for animating and the part on the right is to design what the splice is going to be.

STEP 3: RECOLOR

Pretty self-explanatory. Recoloring is essential to splice in regular, because who would want to see a bunch of cropped up Pokemon parts all compiled into one piece?

STEP 4: CREATE THE SPRITES AND OBJECTS IN GAME MAKER
    Time to animate! Now open up Game Maker 8 and create an amount of sprites equal to the number of parts you have for your splice. To create a sprite, click located on the top bar. It should look a little something like this:

Now, make the corresponding objects similarly to match the sprites you just made. Also, add another object for a reason you'll soon find out. To create an object, click located similarly like the sprite icon. It should look a little something like this:

STEP 5: INITIALIZE THE START
    Okay, I didn't know what to call this step, but I guess you should...initialize the start. Lol okay what I would do next is setup the extra object you created before to restart the game every time you hit a button, like this:

With this, whenever I hit the Enter button the game will restart, causing the animation to restart as well. Useful for looking at individual parts that may go wrong for the animation.
    Now, you want to assemble the parts together in a room. Don't worry about what it means now, just click located right next to the object icon. A window showing like this should show up:

Don't get confused by all the numbers and icons and bars and whatnot; just find the text that says Snap X and Snap Y. Change both their values to 1 like this:

Now the grids should disappear. Add the object with the Enter button function in the room anywhere by clicking anywhere in the gray box. There should be a blue ball with a ? inside. Now you want to assemble the object parts in the room for animating. To add parts, click on the box on the left under the Objects tab and a popup list of objects should appear. Click on any part to select it, and click anywhere in the room to add it. Assemble your parts together this way, like this:

STEP 6: ANIMATE
    By now, you should have already assembled the parts together like the splice you did earlier. Now, you must be able to program the parts to move, rotate, scale, etc. At this point, there is no help I can give you other than to use all the functions of Game Maker to its extent. Animate your splice accordingly and remember, it won't always turn out great. Practice makes perfect.

STEP 7: RECORD, EDIT AND UPLOAD
    By now, I assume you have already formed your animated splice and is now ready to showcase it to the world. Well, by the title of this step you should be able to figure out that you are to record your animation with a recorder like HyperCam, edit it into the desirable GIF file, and upload it to an image-hosting site where you can edit it further for a looped version. I won't explain it here, as I'm pretty sure by now the tutorial is getting pretty complex, but you should be able to figure out how to do this.

And you are done! If you have followed all the steps accordingly, you should come up with a fantastic animation of a splice. And you made it!
    For those who can program, and know all about the variables and functions of Game Maker, here are a few useful tips:
    -Pokemon animations consist of an image sequence where they would loop something over and over again, e.g. bopping the body up and down. Use alarms and the Step event to take advantage of this looping sequence.
    -A counter is useful for looping sequences. It will allow you to set up a rare animation for the splice like the real Pokemon animations.
    -Try to make different parts do different things, instead of just simple bobs up and down. Make the arms rotate or the head nod or shake. Be creative with your splice.

Whew! I think I'll stop writing now, as this tutorial has explained enough about animated splices. As I said before, never expect your final animation to be perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. And animating takes a considerable amount of time for those who are new and may be quite confusing at first. Remember, practice makes perfect, so keep on trying!

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Licking Sprite Tutorial by Plusle+Minun

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/w9y8e9.gif[/IMG]

Resources
    Of course this is a very simple method, backgrounds not included.
    SketchMichi
    BakaMichi
    Animation Base
    Iaza
    Imageshack, *******, Photobucket

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Animated Custom Sprites Tutorial by PopPrincess_Lyra

~*~*~*~ Animated Custom Sprites Lecture ~*~*~*~

Ye guys like what ye saw in my Sprite Thread of the animated custom aprites and wanna make yer own?
    Ye've come to the right thread!!

The're only four steps and ye'll be finished within an hour!
    Well, it depends on how many details yer project has.

Thingies yer gonna need!:
    Computer (Obviously xD)
    Mouse, keyboard or tablet (But I never used one)
    Internet (Maybe, but I didn't use it when I made this lecture)
    Images of the character
    Gimp (Paint if you want, but it'll take long and this is a transperent-related lecture)
    Photoshop (If you rather use this than Gimp)

~Step One:~

Spoiler:- one:

~Step Two:~

Spoiler:- two:

~Step Three:~

Spoiler:- three:

~Step Four:~

Spoiler:- four:

If ye don't understand something, Please VM me c:

Yer welcome to VM me what ye've learned from the lecture coz I'm happy to see what ye learnt from it~
    Also, if ye spot a mistake or a image/link not working, please do tell me ASAP!

I'll me making another lecture for animated re-coloured sprites, so yeah, look out for that ^^D

Spoiler:- Complicated Keyboard Shortcuts:

~PPL, nya~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123