Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: <<Crimson Infinite>> Online ~[SU] PG14~

Default <<Crimson Infinite>> Online ~[SU] PG14~

<<Crimson Infinite>> Online
    By: Chaos War Reborn

Note from the GM: Hello! Welcome to my latest RP "<<Crimson Infinite>> Online or CIO, pronounced "Sigh-Oh!". This RP will take place in a virtual reality MMORPG. It's rated PG14 for a reason. Do not be fooled by the introduction, I can assure you things will escalate very quickly! If you have any questions let me know. I would like to make it profoundly clear that I am not an authority in science (obviously) so please just go with what I have? Ok? Ok, thanks!

~Chaos War Reborn

<<CIO>>

The year is 20xx. The world’s most complex virtual reality system, the EX – Reality Breaker, consisting of a wireless headset and visor, has just been introduced to the world. The system was made with one idea in mind, to support the first ever VRMMORPG, <<Crimson Infinite>> Online, popularly referred to as simply “CIO”.

The EX – Reality Breaker truly pushed the boundaries of virtual reality, successfully creating a seamless gaming experience via the nervous system. The aerodynamic headset and visor sent encoded electric signals to the brain, effectively emulating all five senses within the virtual world. The visor read the game’s data and projected the entire experience to the user; it “transported” them into the game or so to speak.

Problem with virtual reality systems of prior was that in-game movement was limited to the area where one played. For this very reason, the EX – Reality Breaker shut off specific areas of the brain to avoid this problem; players could “log in”, lie down on the couch and walk virtually millions of miles in-game without ever moving an actual muscle.

CIO was a fantasy MMORPG fan’s dream. Marketed as rated “E” for everyone made the game that much more attractive to audiences of all ages. The game took place in a magical realm called Helia. It was unknown just how big the virtual world of CIO was which made gamers everywhere excited to explore the “uncharted”.

The game was heavily anticipated by gamers all over the world since it was first announced. Mere seconds after Pre-Orders went live, both the EX – Reality Breaker and CIO were sold out to several thousand lucky players.

Neither game nor system would be having second shipments. The EX – Reality Breaker and CIO would be sold out indefinitely which baffled even the most experienced industry leaders. The company behind everything, Dark Portal, refused to comment.

Equally perplexing was the privately owned company’s background. Dark Portal was never a video game developer or even publisher. The company dealt in astrophysics and at one point there was an unnerving rumor floating around that Portal’s founder was a cult leader. The accusations were made by a young female journalist of a highly reputable news source.

The rumor was later dismissed; the journalist lost her job and was never heard from again. Many assumed the damage done to her reputation drove her away from the public scene.

“…”

Second before Dark Portal’s servers went live, thousands across the world prepared for <<Log In>>.

And then it began.

“ … “

<<Crimson Infinite>> Online initiated.

Please say desired character name.

The game will now scan via the visor and create mirror avatar.

Calculating exact polygon match … Complete.

Take a minute and customize your attire.

Now entering world.

Tutorial initiated.

Welcome to the magical world of Helia! To launch the holographic game/system menu simply extend right hand with palm open and keep extended for three seconds. Here you may configure settings, party, manage friends/foes and access inventory.

Upon first time <<Log In>> you will be transported to the starting city of Pear Des. Cities and towns are protected areas where you cannot PK but duels are permitted.

At any time you may party with other players and form/manage guilds.

Due to massive server lag, players will be restricted to two areas for the time being, Heartfelt Meadows and Deep Blue Lake.

Tutorial end.

<<Log In>> Successful.

“ … “

SU

Here is the SU sheet:

Real Life Name:
    CIO Name:
    Weapon: (No Guns)
    Weapon Name:
    Class: (Flexible)
    Avatar Appearance: (2 paragraphs min)
    Personality: (2 paragraphs min)
    Other:

Here are SUs for two of my characters, I will be playing three but I have time to post only two right now.

Real Life Name:
    Mason Hunter Crux
    CIO Name: Aries
    Weapon: Dual Great Lances
    Weapon Name: Darkness Soul Eater
    Class: Dark Knight
    Avatar Appearance: (The game replicates actual physical appearance via a set of polygons that essentially recreates your image virtually; man, that sounded like a bunch of gibberish, no?)
    Mason’s light brown faux-hawk extends quite a bit on both ends. The back tip of the hawk’ peaks down to the lower part of the neck and the front spikes down to around eye-level. Around the sides of his head, Mason’s hair fades down to a thin layer that extends further into his thin side burns, which fall down to his jaw.

His hazel colored eyes appear green in direct sunlight but it is no more than a mere light effect. Mason is very well toned but by no means heavy-muscular. From the wrist up to lower the bicep, on both arms, completely covered, are impressive oriental dragon tattoos. On his chest, just above his heart, is a skull tattoo the size of his palm. His collective appearance is topped with a spike stud pierced just below his lip.

Contrasting with his light tan skin is mostly black attire. Mason wears a black leather trench coat with a hood that covers most of his face down to the base of his nose, although he will at times keep it raised just above eye-level. Strapped on his right shoulder is a large skull shaped steel-plate. Mason generally wears his trench coat completely unzipped; exposing the dark grey muscle tee-shirt he wears underneath. He wears black loose-fit pants tucked into his steel boots which cover his legs up to the base of the knee. Both hands are protected by brown leather gloves reaching up to the middle of his forearms, overlapping the sleeve of the trench coat on his right arm only.

Personality: Mason is a “just do it” kind of guy. No regrets, every day. He doesn’t say much because he finds it often times a waste of time, speaking. A lifetime fan of MMOs, Mason spent quite a bit of time playing online. He had one in few friends despite adventuring with other players at times. Of course it was often times required in raids and certain boss fights. He kept his friend log at zero and plans to keep it that way in CIO.

What he lacks in empathy he more than makes up for in pity. He rarely acts out on impulse and when he charges head on it’s usually out of desperation for lack of the correct “strategy”, one of his great weaknesses.

Mason comes off as the type of having an attitude all the time but he really means well or at least people like to think so. He enjoys competition and is always on PvP servers; he’s the kind of guy who enjoys the nature of competition. By no means a know-it-all, he understands the core mechanics of MMOs and understands the basics enough to have advantages over “noobs”.

Extremely reserved, Mason doesn’t trust others so easily. It isn’t that he doesn’t want friends it’s more that he hates having people depend on him in any way. He fears commitment and everything related which is why he’s slightly below average in school, he rarely turns in homework and doing just enough to get by.

Real Life Name: Alexis Roma
    CIO Name: Red Athena
    Weapon: Chain Whips
    Weapon Name: Andromeda’s Chain
    Class: Holy Knight
    Avatar Appearance: Almost as smooth as her porcelain skin is Red’s silky white hair which hangs straight down to her waist. Her hair unfolds into even straight-cut bangs which lay just above her clear blue eyes. Although not a big fan of lipstick, Red applies just enough gloss to her pink lips to give a feminine spark matched.

Just like her user name suggests, most of Alexis’ in-game attire is red and mostly heavy armor. She wears a black leather corset vest with laces tied across her slightly exposed cleavage. Matching accordingly are tight black leather pants and a brown thick leather belt loosely hanging around the waist.

Wrapped around her legs are red-steel boots extending up to her mid-thighs. She wears red-steel gloves on both hands which cover each and every finger with claws, for aesthetic purposes only, and extend up to the middle of her arm.

Her shoulders are protected with heavy plates made of the same material and color as her gloves and boots.

Personality: Alexis just recently started playing MMOs and was introduced to CIO by a good friend of hers. The girl is eager for adventure and can be (and usually is) a big goof. She enjoys laughing and is very social.

Alexis is too trusting at times which has led to countless misunderstandings and problems. Although not a huge fan of fighting Alexis will comically engage in battle half knowing what she’s doing. Deep inside her is a girl who wants to prove to the world that she can be smart and will confront CIO with such mentality.

Alexis highly prefers partying with other players, it’s her idea that she keeps out of trouble that way. She’s totally oblivious to the fact that she is the definition of trouble. She won’t ever turn down a friend’s request for a favor even if the request ends up being too much for her to handle.

It’s her big heart that generally balances her shortcoming and her deep determination to better herself in all possible ways.

Players:
    Dark Knight/Holy Knight/Pyromancer (Taken by Chaos War Reborn)
    Monk (Taken by DVB)
    Priest and Berserker (Taken by Samantha Sparks)
    Bast Tamer and Black Mage (Taken by Food Guy)
    Red Mage and Magic Knight (Taken by Monster Guy)
    Ninja (Taken by Lost Requiem)
    Assassin (Taken by *Jean Grey*)
    Ranger (Taken by SpyroxPikachu)
    Earth Elementalist (Taken by SenorLaughsaLot)
    Lycan Rouge (Taken by bronislav84)
    Paladin (Taken by thesilverwolf)
    Body Mender (Taken by InfernalBlaze)
    Monster Hunter (Reserved by Billy Mays)
    Forgotten Warrior (Reserved by legnak)
    Samurai (Reserved by Xander Kaiser)
    Dragoon (Taken by deltakurumiru4)

Rules

-All Serebii rules apply (no bunnying or cursing)
    -Be mindful of the context of where events are taking place as far as how you interact in the world, what I’m asking is please keep it realistic as possible even in light (pun intended) of the situation (ex. Chances are NPCs will not bow down every time you walk past them)
    -If you have an issue with a RPer please let me know so the issue may be resolved as peacefully as possible
    -PvP battles will be decided by a "council" (I'll explain that more once it becomes necessary)
    -Extreme inactivity will result in removal. Real life does take priority over this so if you’re going to be away for a while, notify me in advance. I’ll normally let you know in advance if your reaching a limit.
    -Have fun!
    Last edited by Black War Dragon; 14th December 2012 at 5:50 PM.

War's Dark Army - The strongest, baddest, Pokemon around. [Credit: The Awesome *Jean Grey*]

Reserve me a spot, comrade!

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

@ DVB - Sure thing, what class? It's entirely up to you.

War's Dark Army - The strongest, baddest, Pokemon around. [Credit: The Awesome *Jean Grey*]

Hmmm... how about Taoist Monk (uses martial arts, a pole arm and mystic arts to fight. Balanced between offensive, defensive and even little bit of healing)

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

Say, this is very akin to Sword Art Online....
    I love it.

So, by 'no guns'...

Is it that you want this setting to be more Fantasy-like or is it that you don't want far-range weapons of magic?

If Magic is allowed, Priest please.
    Otherwise, Beast Tamer.

Say... is it fine to have a familiar if I'm a priest?
    Please help my dragons

I would like to reserve a spot please. Just a quick question though, would it be possible to have a job like a Summoner or something that involves befriending monsters?

@ DVB - Is it cool with you if I leave it as "Monk"? As opposed to "Taoist Monk"? You may keep a balance nature and some healing!

@ Samantha Sparks - This RP was inspired by SAO, .hack and Dark Souls! Anyway you may conjure a familiar. I want the RP more Fantasy-like is all. That's why no guns.
    Reserved for Priest.

Are we allowed more than one character? Or can only you do that?

Reserve me a spot!
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

@ Food Guy - You may play as a Beast Tamer which is essentially summoning monsters!

@ Monster Guy - You may have two characters, Monster Guy! UpdateEchoAlreadyyoufunnypersonyou What classes should I put you down for?
    Last edited by Black War Dragon; 10th December 2012 at 3:47 AM.

Okay thanks, can you put me down for a reserve for a Beast Tamer and for a Black Mage.

@ Food Guy - Done!

Can there be two Black Mages? Food Guy just snatched that up, and I wanted that... And White Mages are boring

I'm not sure what the second one will be. What else is there?

And I'm working on it, but I keep getting distracted. >_>
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 10th December 2012 at 4:02 AM.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

You could be a Red Mage.

I'd like to reserve a Ninja... Have an interesting idea for one

@Mon. White mages are boring? You clearly forgot the sheer power of their holy spells.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

@ Monster Guy - Yep, since both characters will most likely end up being totally different since I plan to be flexible with magic so I'll leave that entirely to you so long you don't overpower.

Lets see you have Thief, Rouge, Pyromancer, Necromancer (which is maybe just a Black Mage no?), specific type of Healer, Paladin, you can even make up a class so long as you can put some sense into it and again not overpower.

Edit: I'd just make sure Food Guy is okay with it since he did ask first!

@ Lost Requiem - Reserved for Ninja!

I wonder... was the history excluded because it doesn't play an important part in the story?

Real Life Name: Silence Dogood
    CIO Name: Nirvana
    Weapon: Nirvana's weapon is practically a 1.5-metre long red staff with a whitish-transparent crystal heart at the end of it. It is capable of conjuring mainly healing spells. While it can hurt players classed as 'evil' by the system, or regular enemy mooks in that manner using Judgement or Punishment spells, it cannot harm regular players, therefore isn't built for PKing. Apart from these, he can learn numerous other forms of holy, non-combat magic.
    Weapon Name: Holy Rose
    Class: Priest
    Avatar Appearance: Nirvana has silvery white-hued hair with his cute little face. His hair is styled in a hime-cut that reaches down all the way to his butt. Despite being a 16-year old male, he has the appearance of a completely flat-chested 12-year old female. He has a height of 1.4 metres. In parallel to his real world appearance, he has a white eyepatch on his right eye, whereas his left eye is as blue as the bright sky. His skin is quite pale in complexion. His limbs are quite thin, and only minorly chubby. He is so effeminate, he has no abs at all and has a more feminine curve.

His outfit is donned with a necklace with a holy cross on it. He as a sleeveless white outfit that does not go anywhere above his shoulders, and it also reveals his thighs, which are somewhat between thin and chubby. Surrounding it is a cloak-like structure that hangs over his waist. On his outfit is a heart shape that reveals his bare, slender belly. His back can be seen to be virtually bare, but his hair covers most of it. His gloves too, are white and have heart-shaped holes to reveal some of his backhand. His white boots are donned with tiny white wings.

Personality: Nirvana is extremely reserved and shy, which is extremely ironic for a class that can't usually handle things alone. He tends to avoid crowds and 'scary looking people', believing that they mean bad things. Very often, one can see him alone, which isn't healthy for a Priest. He only approaches people he is familiar with. Apart from that, he avoids people, and runs away from situations easily. He rarely talks.

However, he really enjoys cute things. Whenever he sees a cute thing (provided it is not an enemy mook), he will squee in delight. That includes himself. He will, however, hestitate if a cute being looks like it could bite. He is what he calls an utter 'lolicon', which means that he finds cute, little girls, especially those his size, rather adorable and is easily charmed by them. He is also quite a gerontophile, getting shy over cute women who are probably in their mid-20s. He does, however, lack interest in his age group.
    Other: He in in possession of a pure white egg with a holy-looking cross on it, that will eventually become his familiar. He calls it 'Seraphim'. The cross is a sign that he has formed a contract with the egg.
    No one knows he is a guy until they see 'it'. Everyone believes he is a girl.
    While he cannot harm 'good' people using magic, he can still utilise his hand-to-hand combat skills if he's in some tournament or duel.
    Last edited by Samantha Sparks; 10th December 2012 at 10:17 AM.
    Please help my dragons

@ Samantha Sparks - History won't play too much of a part in the RP.

I'll take a Magic Knight, and a Red Mage.

I liek Magic, can't you tell? xD

Yay! XD I'll reserve an Assassin please. XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

@ Monster Guy - Noted, bud. Magic is fun!

@ *Jean Grey* - Reserved for Assassin!

Real Life Name: Diego Vendrix
    CIO Name: Count DVB

Weapon: Bisento- The weapon is as tall as Diego; with a striped pole of dark grey and light greending in a spherical edge, and a curved, large blade attached to the pole via a golden part, decorated with a ba guy on the main part and a yin-yang symbol on the thin part protruding on the blade itself
    Weapon Name: Taiji
    Class: Monk

Avatar Appearance:Diego stands at five foot, 9 inches, light olive skin and stout. He has low cheekbones, a boyish face, no facial hair, and wears a pair of glasses that darken themselves in bright sunlight. His hair is black with subtle patches of very dark brown, mainly in the tips. His hair is kept trimmed and neat, however the ends on the back of his head are messy and spiky. He has slightly bigger than average eyes, which are chocolate brown. His eyes are large enough that they are noticeably larger than average, even by a margin amount.

In game, he wears a paddy hat and a simple dark gray tunic with a black lining on the sleeves and outer edge of his clothes tied together, somewhat resembling Samurai Jack. On the back of his tunic is the symbol for Void. However, he also wears dark gray cargo pants with pockets to carry things in and moccasins so he can travel around comfortably while keeping flexability for his feex. He wears prayer beams around is neck, all black orbs with different symbols in white enscribed on them. He also carries a black cloak with a hood in case of cold weather or rain.

Personality:Diego has a soul of fire. He is a warm and passionate person with an occasion fiery temper and a burning streak for the pursuit for adventure and truth. He is very empathetic and has a great desire to help people out. Beneath this outgoing personality, Diego is a shy and quiet person. He is also a very artistic individual as he will often draw whenever he gets the chance to do so. He is very loyal, but can come on as clingy, especially around girls. He also likes to cook, which helps when he travels around. When in serious situations, he knows it is time for him to use his intelligence and strengths at their full capacity. He is very creative and know to be devious for his ideas.

He has his faults, however. Some of these are being blunt, sarcastic, picking fights, laziness and often day-dreaming during certain moments and saying a weird comment afterward. He may also show some malevolent intent or hold grudges for a while. He may even show cruel moments, characterized by a crazed grins and shadows under his eyes. He is prone to snarky or blunt comments and is often unable to figure out what to do in situations with people so will often mess things up, though he means no harm. Despite this or because of it, he tries to overcome these traits so people don't judge him on his faults and see him as a good person. He has recently begun a Taoist path of philosophy.

Other: Knows English and Spanish. Also is a good Cook
    Last edited by DVB; 10th December 2012 at 3:16 PM.

Could I have a reserve for a Ranger?

@ DVB - Accepted!

@ SpyroxPikachu - Reserved for Ranger.

Room for another Beast Tamer reserve? Otherwise I'll make up something else.

Also got a question, which is probably no given the nature of VR helmets. Is it possible to have a male player but a female avatar that is basically a feminized version of the player? Like if he was born a girl. People do this in online games and it's a pretty common practice, so I was wondering how you'd handle that.

Banner by the illustrious Avenger Angel

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

@ Bronislav84 - I sincerely did consider but because of the plot it is essential that the avatar resembles the player. I think if you simply submit undisclosed and leave it up for interpretation if you'd like? I don't see why the in-game menu wouldn't have the option! I can accommodate. Also I would encourage you to come up with another class to have variety! Paladin is always fun ... I believe they tame dragons?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast