- Practically immortal with a significant power. The deck runs enough zombies to make this an excellent card.
- Direct damage upon entering the battlefield, resilience, and combos with Gravecrawler, Blood Artist, and Falkenrath Aristocrat.
- Haste, Flying, and 4 power. What more do you want? Oh, it can be indestructible and get +1/+1 counters too? Also works well as a sacrifice outlet for Blood Artist triggers.
- The double R cost is tough to play, but this card is absolutely devastating, and even more terrifying in multiples.
- 5/5 beater for 5? Kills Lingering Souls on ETB? Haste? Excellent.
Knight of Infamy
- Strong against Control. Pro-White makes it resilient to a lot of removal and blockers. Exalted helps your early game.
- Solid 2-power creatures for 1.
- Combos well with sacrifice outlets (Falkenrath Aristocrat and Bloodthrone Vampire). Gives excellent reach.
- Works best as a sacrifice outlet. Otherwise not necessary.
- Great in the mirror. Lifelink and Deathtouch enables a longer game and helps deal with aggressive strategies.
- Turn 1 Red is difficult in a Black-core deck, but doable. Giving your opponent the choice isn't usually the preferred strategy.