Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Danger INC.

masterclass is gonna be exciting, i hope i'll be able to beat ger

Quote Originally Posted by Trace★ View Post
    masterclass is gonna be exciting, i hope i'll be able to beat ger
    =] good luck, bo1 is annoying, but if your opponent agrees to it then you can do a bo3 instead. Just make sure to ask before the battle

Done my masterclass battle. Gonna advertise when if I win.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Hey, how's everyone!? (I'm way too inactive)

not bad thanks, on the subject of bo1/3 - for a tournament I find bo1 to be more exciting, as it means that anybody can potentially win, as opposed to the same 2/3 players every time, which after all is the whole point of a KO tourney really.

ok so we won the war

Quote Originally Posted by TheAdmiral View Post
    not bad thanks, on the subject of bo1/3 - for a tournament I find bo1 to be more exciting, as it means that anybody can potentially win, as opposed to the same 2/3 players every time, which after all is the whole point of a KO tourney really.
    You mean the best players are winning more tournaments? How shocking. A tournament were anybody can win is all well and good, but skill has to be the defining factor, and in a b2oo3 team match ups and luck play less of a part.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeTheMankey View Post
    ok so we won the war
    nice,

and while yes clearly skill should play a part in tournaments, clearly if you care about a serious test of skill the ladder is best. Tournamnets just show who was the best on a particular occasion and besides its less boring when there is a bit of variety.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAdmiral View Post
    nice,

and while yes clearly skill should play a part in tournaments, clearly if you care about a serious test of skill the ladder is best. Tournamnets just show who was the best on a particular occasion and besides its less boring when there is a bit of variety.
    You can ladder against loads of n00bs and never face anyone on your level and get high. You can also get haxxed out of 32 points, which is allot high up, from oft a single crit. Ladder scores mean very little because some people just don't ladder. I often play and beat people far above me in the ladder, but I don't play enough to ladder to the top anymore because i don't want too.

yeah, the ladder just seems like "who is the luckiest and who is good enough to overcome luck", tournaments are a much more controlled environment

The foe's Chansey is confused!
    It hurt itself in its confusion!
    The foe's Chansey lost 0% of its health!

A testament to Chansey's mighty attack power

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeTheMankey View Post
    #HopeTheyBanThatS**t

Ladder=Haxed by real noobs, defeat/win good players (that ladders) and lose more against noobs in -__ «- insert here much points and then just do dat again...the most thing i dont like and kinda fear its -__ («- again) and then haxed like hell, like too much parahaxs, etc. Like in ubers, 1 parahax can be crucial like sd arceus setup, etc

AAND random guy chall'd me...hes not dat good but had a vantage (I MISS AESOFT)

Spoiler:- RANDOM CHALL:
    Last edited by Kylo; 6th March 2013 at 4:59 PM.

Credits:
    - Banner to JhenMohranMH3

RIP Survival Island, you were the best <3

Wartortle> Arceus, everyone knows that.

So I'm working on a competitive in-game dex (some might be able to cross to do actual competitive as well, but in-game is mainly my goal) and I would like some help.

Venusaur with Overgrow I need a role and a set. I'm thinking rain team, but he has high special atk/def. So I'm thinking of using those stats, but his resistances aren't that strong...I think there is only 3-4 and I think overgrow lends itself to a sweeper type.

What's the difference between a wall and a tank?
    Dragonheart Sanctuary (OT: Ilane)
    Trade Shop || Sinnoh || Unova || Kalos

Quote Originally Posted by Ilane View Post
    So I'm working on a competitive in-game dex (some might be able to cross to do actual competitive as well, but in-game is mainly my goal) and I would like some help.

Venusaur with Overgrow I need a role and a set. I'm thinking rain team, but he has high special atk/def. So I'm thinking of using those stats, but his resistances aren't that strong...I think there is only 3-4 and I think overgrow lends itself to a sweeper type.

What's the difference between a wall and a tank?
    If you want to use Overgrow Venusaur, send it off to Dppt UU, because it has no place in Gen 5.

A wall can repeatedly come in on an attack/attacker/s and can either set up hazards (Skarmory) or do other support things (Celebi spreading status, healing stuff etc)

A tank is a poke that can take hits and deal huge damage back, like Conkeldurr. It has the bulk to take almost any powerful hit (depending on the EV spread) and hit back with a super powerful attack.

Basically a wall does supporty stuff, a tank is slow and deals big damage

Spoiler:- lulz were had:
    Last edited by Prohawk; 8th March 2013 at 7:09 AM.

Away for the next week with work glhf

[B]PO Username: Mudkipz
    [B]Timezone: EST
    [B]Battling Experience: dont know what this means, but ive been doing comp pokemon since i was 11 and that was like 3 years ago
    [B]Referred by: n/a
    [B]If not referred, how did you hear about the clan: was looking through the clans, you guys were the only ones that werent closed

[B]TMP Symbols:derp
    Pokemon Black [FC]-1205 8498 6055
    I'm back !

Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    If you want to use Overgrow Venusaur, send it off to Dppt UU, because it has no place in Gen 5.

A wall can repeatedly come in on an attack/attacker/s and can either set up hazards (Skarmory) or do other support things (Celebi spreading status, healing stuff etc)

A tank is a poke that can take hits and deal huge damage back, like Conkeldurr. It has the bulk to take almost any powerful hit (depending on the EV spread) and hit back with a super powerful attack.

Basically a wall does supporty stuff, a tank is slow and deals big damage
    I did say it was for in-game...in game is different from competitive right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrixx View Post
    [B]PO Username: Mudkipz
    [B]Timezone: EST
    [B]Battling Experience: dont know what this means, but ive been doing comp pokemon since i was 11 and that was like 3 years ago
    [B]Referred by: n/a
    [B]If not referred, how did you hear about the clan: was looking through the clans, you guys were the only ones that werent closed

[B]TMP Symbols:derp
    Loooooooool

Accepted and placed into Mercenary rank. You should jump on PO and join the Danger INC channel. It's where we hang out (and a lot of other serebii people)

I did say it was for in-game...in game is different from competitive right?!
    Well you said competitive in-game and I pretty much just saw competitive

Accepted and placed into Mercenary rank. You should jump on PO and join the Danger INC channel. It's where we hang out (and a lot of other serebii people)

Well you said competitive in-game and I pretty much just saw competitive
    ...I find that bolded statement funny, considering you are never there anymore. Bad hawky, come back to the channel.

Yeah, in-game competitive. Mostly in-game with PWT/Subway, but competitive if necessary. Doesn't mean it has to be good, just competitive...(aka, using what it has to it's best advantage)

...I find that bolded statement funny, considering you are never there anymore. Bad hawky, come back to the channel.

Yeah, in-game competitive. Mostly in-game with PWT/Subway, but competitive if necessary. Doesn't mean it has to be good, just competitive...(aka, using what it has to it's best advantage)
    He has a job and an unusual time zone, give him a break. I still see him. And then we upload.

Loooooooool

Not trying to sound like a derp, but I cant find the po server thing.
    Pokemon Black [FC]-1205 8498 6055
    I'm back !

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    He has a job and an unusual time zone, give him a break. I still see him. And then we upload.
    I was just teasing....sorry hawky and magics.

@ Astrixx...it's the main PO server, Pokemon Online.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast