Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Triple Battle Club!

Default The Triple Battle Club!

Big ups to SS_Appendfor the official club banner!

Welcome to the haven for Triple Battle enthusiasts!

Pokemon Black and White introduce a brand new dynamic to pokemon battles: the triple battle! Trainers can now send out three pokemon at once for a larger scope of battling. It created a new world where every decision--from what order you send your team out in to who you target with your moves (and even who you CAN or CAN'T target!)--impacts how you play and if you'll win. No more seeing your opponent's team and deciding on the 3 or 4 best pokemon in your group of 6 to go with... now you have to use your whole team and see who is the best all-around competitor!

There will be many purposes of this club. To name just a few:

1) Discussing the best pokemon to use in triple battles and how to use them.

2) Discussing the strategies involved in triple battles and how they match up against each other.

3) To meet other talented trainers who like to triple battle and make arrangements to battle for fun or trade pokemon or just chat and make new friends.

4) To give advice to members who want to get more involved in the world of pokemon triple battles.

5) Discuss the world of pokemon and pokemon battling in general.

I imagine that after the club has gained considerable interest we may have official tournaments, battles, and rankings. I know I, for one, look forward to a lot of fun, competitive matches with other forum members who appreciate the joy of triple battles!

Here are the Triple Battle Club rules:

1) If you want to join, just post that you want to join. I'll add you to this original post! I'm going to try to keep tournaments to official members only, but anyone is welcome to discuss topics that arise here. If you've posted that you wish to join but don't see your name added after a few days, PM or VM me to remind me.

2) All Serebii forum rules apply, obviously!

3) Try to stay on topic, as much as possible. I understand that conversations branch off, and that's fine, but try not to introduce random off-topic material that is not related to triple battles or anything else that hasn't branched from that.

Hopefully if we get some talented members (more talented than I), we can get some snazzy banners and images to make this place a little more exciting. And thank you for your time!

MEMBERS

-Sid87
    -spyro and sonic
    -SS_Append
    -Hilda
    -Archstaraptor
    -Meeker
    -Gothic-Gothorita
    -T-Bolt

Hurray! The club is officially open. I will be looking for officers and a creative team and co-managers to assist me with running/maintaining this club and keeping it running smoothly. If you want to apply for such a position, please let me know!

Also, I know we're pretty plain looking to start here; I'm hoping over time we can design it up with some banners, images, and other things. If you have any ideas, feel free to share them!
    Last edited by Sid87; 10th February 2013 at 6:06 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I'd like to join.
    I'm better at triple battles than I am at single, double, or rotation honestly.
    Hail zee master Arceus!

Quote Originally Posted by spyro and sonic View Post
    I'd like to join.
    I'm better at triple battles than I am at single, double, or rotation honestly.
    Happy to have you!

I have honestly never done a Rotation Battle outside of the in-game ones in Gen 5, so I'm not sure how I'd do at them. And, really, single and double battles over wi-fi or competitively are a bit "blah" to me (not to mention there's all the "tiers" everything has to fit in, and everyone runs such generic, cookie-cutter strategies). Triple Battles are really what inspired me to start using the Wi-Fi battling system, and I love it.

Hi Sid, I'd love to join. I did a lot of Triple Battling in the earlier days of BW, before I got into trading. I loved coming up with lots of unusual tactics to mess around with the opponent's mind haha.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Quote Originally Posted by SS_Append View Post
    Hi Sid, I'd love to join. I did a lot of Triple Battling in the earlier days of BW, before I got into trading. I loved coming up with lots of unusual tactics to mess around with the opponent's mind haha.
    That's what I love about Triple Battle; there are SO MANY operable strategies, as well as so many ways to counter each strategy. You don't have to waste a turn sending something out just to set up; you can throw a set up or counter pokemon out with your big guns. That usually bites me when I want to run some of my teams, but oh well.

I added you to the group list. Hopefully I got your screen name right up there. Heh. Let me know if it looks right!

That looks about right, yeah. So, any discussion topics or anything?

And, if you need a Club Banner or something, maybe I can help out with that.

That looks about right, yeah. So, any discussion topics or anything?

And, if you need a Club Banner or something, maybe I can help out with that.
    Oh, that'd be terrific if you could.

And yeah, let's start with a pretty basic opening intro topic:

What is your single favorite pokemon for Triple Battles?

For me, it's Azelf, and I've been putting him in everything I've constructed lately. He's the fastest, most effective pokemon I've found that can use Light Screen, Reflect, AND Taunt. Then I slapped a Psychic on him for offense, and he's been a beast. There hasn't been a team in quite some time I haven't found a use for him on.

I'm the biggest triples fan I know-I don't know many other people who enjoy them as much as I do.

I definitely want to be part of this club

And my single favourite? Not sure,but Typhlosion's eruption is amazing with a fire gem and can wipe out half the opponent's team in one shot!

I'd like to join this club!

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Archstaraptor View Post
    I'm the biggest triples fan I know-I don't know many other people who enjoy them as much as I do.

I definitely want to be part of this club

And my single favourite? Not sure,but Typhlosion's eruption is amazing with a fire gem and can wipe out half the opponent's team in one shot!
    Happy to have another triple battle fan onboard!

Typhlosion is...I kind of hate Typhlosion. I haven't bothered to train one up yet, but I've played against a bunch. That thing is annoyingly fast and powerful! I have a few counters to it, but I've encountered a lot of battlers with counters to the counters! How frustrating that it. I have an Entei that uses Eruption when it fits, but it's not nearly as effective as most Typhlosions I run into (lower speed and Sp. Atk).

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I'd like to join this club!
    I've got you added; welcome aboard! Any thoughts on the current topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Happy to have another triple battle fan onboard!

Typhlosion is...I kind of hate Typhlosion. I haven't bothered to train one up yet, but I've played against a bunch. That thing is annoyingly fast and powerful! I have a few counters to it, but I've encountered a lot of battlers with counters to the counters! How frustrating that it. I have an Entei that uses Eruption when it fits, but it's not nearly as effective as most Typhlosions I run into (lower speed and Sp. Atk).
    Well,it suffers immensely in rain and sandstorm...and abilities that boost speed under said conditions allow efficient use of spread moves,most common ones cut it down.
    Choice wielders are wrecked by priority too if they're the eruption spamming type.

We've battled before-but it must have been over half a year ago!

Well,it suffers immensely in rain and sandstorm...and abilities that boost speed under said conditions allow efficient use of spread moves,most common ones cut it down.
    Choice wielders are wrecked by priority too if they're the eruption spamming type.

We've battled before-but it must have been over half a year ago!
    Oh, I know; there's counters to everything. Typhlosion is just one of those things that if you're not ready for... it'll smack you around. I actually used to run sand-based teams, but I had about 50% Steel types on it, so Typhlosion still made me sad.

I guess that was about a year ago...I'm coming up on my year anniversary here. Woo!

Oh, that'd be terrific if you could.
    What would you like on the Banner? Any specific Pokémon or images or anything? If not I'll probably end up putting TerraCotta on it since I have no inspiration haha.

Chandelure. I love that it's able to use Trick Room and Imprison, so I can either set up Trick Room myself and prevent the opponent from deactivating it with Imprison, or use Imprison to prevent the opponent from setting up Trick Room themselves. For the other 2 move slots, I have Heat Wave and Shadow Ball, which makes for really decent offense, even without any set-up. Item's a Focus Sash, unless I'm running Chandy in Hail, then I run Leftovers. This guy's a staple for all my non-Rain teams, because all of my teams rely on Tailwind support, which means that Trick Room would screw me up pretty bad, so, there. My favourite single, Chandelure.

What would you like on the Banner? Any specific Pokémon or images or anything? If not I'll probably end up putting TerraCotta on it since I have no inspiration haha.

Chandelure. I love that it's able to use Trick Room and Imprison, so I can either set up Trick Room myself and prevent the opponent from deactivating it with Imprison, or use Imprison to prevent the opponent from setting up Trick Room themselves. For the other 2 move slots, I have Heat Wave and Shadow Ball, which makes for really decent offense, even without any set-up. Item's a Focus Sash, unless I'm running Chandy in Hail, then I run Leftovers. This guy's a staple for all my non-Rain teams, because all of my teams rely on Tailwind support, which means that Trick Room would screw me up pretty bad, so, there. My favourite single, Chandelure.

I was thinking maybe something with Charles the Heartbreaker and three pokemon on it. Charles since he's the guy who "introduces" Triple Battles, and the three pokrmon...well, that seems explanatory. Maybe something with a trio? Zapdos/Articuno/Moltres? Regice/Registeel/Regirock? Entei/Suicune/Raikou? I dunno, I'm just spit-balling.

I actually haven't run into many Chandelure on Triple Battle, but that seems annoying (I have played a lot of TR and variations in my time). Does Imprison target a specific 'mon, or does it affect the field?

BTW: Am I alone in wanting a pokemon that auto-Trick Room's the field like Politoed/Ninetales/Tyranitar do for their weather?

I was thinking maybe something with Charles the Heartbreaker and three pokemon on it. Charles since he's the guy who "introduces" Triple Battles, and the three pokrmon...well, that seems explanatory. Maybe something with a trio? Zapdos/Articuno/Moltres? Regice/Registeel/Regirock? Entei/Suicune/Raikou? I dunno, I'm just spit-balling.
    No idea who Charles is. :I
    Anyways, I'll see if I can think of anything.

I actually haven't run into many Chandelure on Triple Battle, but that seems annoying (I have played a lot of TR and variations in my time). Does Imprison target a specific 'mon, or does it affect the field?
    I see a lot of Chandy in Hail teams. It seems that the better Hail teams almost always run either Chandy or Heatran. Imprison affects all of the opponent's Pokémon on the field, so you don't have to worry about whether you should Taunt the opponent's Dusclops or Whimsicott.

BTW: Am I alone in wanting a pokemon that auto-Trick Room's the field like Politoed/Ninetales/Tyranitar do for their weather?
    That would be so game-changing. Seriously. I wish they had auto-Tailwind. ;n;

No idea who Charles is. :I
    Anyways, I'll see if I can think of anything.

I see a lot of Chandy in Hail teams. It seems that the better Hail teams almost always run either Chandy or Heatran. Imprison affects all of the opponent's Pokémon on the field, so you don't have to worry about whether you should Taunt the opponent's Dusclops or Whimsicott.

That would be so game-changing. Seriously. I wish they had auto-Tailwind. ;n;
    Charles is the motorcycle guy in Driftveil City (I think...) that first engages the player in Triple/Rotation Battles in B/W and B2/W2.

I actually wish they'd never introduced the whole auto-setup thing; it makes weather teams SO DARN ANNOYING when they don't even have to set up their strategy; it just instantly starts. I just think fair's fair, and if weather can auto-start, Trick Room should be able to, as well. But then where does it end? Auto-Tailwind? Auto-Imprison? Eventually we'd get a pokemon that attacks the oppoment as soon as it hits the field.

Heh, I might have gone a little too far there.

Charles is the motorcycle guy in Driftveil City (I think...) that first engages the player in Triple/Rotation Battles in B/W and B2/W2.
    A part of me is telling me that this "Charles" guy isn't as important as I should feel.

I actually wish they'd never introduced the whole auto-setup thing; it makes weather teams SO DARN ANNOYING when they don't even have to set up their strategy; it just instantly starts.
    IKR?

But I can't say much, since nowadays I use DrizzleToed.

Eventually we'd get a pokemon that attacks the oppoment as soon as it hits the field.
    We already have that. It's called Stealth Rock.

A part of me is telling me that this "Charles" guy isn't as important as I should feel.
    He's not really IMPORTANT, he's just what I thought of. But that's why I'm a writer and not an artist; I'm terrible at design.

New topic while we're still attracting new members: Would you be interested in regularly held tournaments of Triple Battles? Would you be interested in Thematic or Special Restriction style tournments every so often, as well? If so (to both or either), what would you like to see? Certain rules? Prizes? Round Robin? Single Elimination? Something else?

Setting up a permanent weather with zero consequences is unfair,no questions asked.
    You only stand a decent chance if you run a weather team of your own, and they become very one-dimensional at times > <

Although I did have a battle with this one person who wiped the floor with me using a rain team and a Lumineon sweeper.Nice battle

But trick room on the switch?That would completely wreck the game. Two users on your team,and you've solved all potential speed issues-it's got a -7 priority for a reason.

What's your favourite pokemon for triple battles?
    Hydreigon, it's pretty powerful itself and with it in the middle I can safely spam earthquake. hehehehe.....

Triple battle tournaments? I'm interested.
    Hail zee master Arceus!

As I had promised, I made a Club Banner. Featuring Gothitelle, Gigalith and Reuniclus, since they were the first Pokémon to be released and revealed at the same time via the first Triple Battle-styled screenshot. What do you guys think? I'd like to know your thoughts, so that I may improve on my Graphics for the future.

Would you be interested in regularly held tournaments of Triple Battles? Would you be interested in Thematic or Special Restriction style tournments every so often, as well? If so (to both or either), what would you like to see? Certain rules? Prizes? Round Robin? Single Elimination? Something else?
    Definitely interested. Thematic may be hard for some of us though. Restrictions would be interesting. I'd like to see some like "No Auto-Weather" or "No Tailwind/ Trick Room" etc. Maybe a PWT-style Elimination Tournament would be interesting.

Setting up a permanent weather with zero consequences is unfair,no questions asked.
    You only stand a decent chance if you run a weather team of your own, and they become very one-dimensional at times > <
    Sometimes I wish GF gave Kyogre and Groudon signature moves, not abilities.

Although I did have a battle with this one person who wiped the floor with me using a rain team and a Lumineon sweeper.Nice battle
    I got swept by a Clamperl once. Without Rain. It was embarrassing, and also a great learning experience. For starters, I learnt that Deepseatooth Clamperl was a OPed sweeper in Trick Room.

But trick room on the switch?That would completely wreck the game. Two users on your team,and you've solved all potential speed issues-it's got a -7 priority for a reason.
    Lumineon, you say? That's pretty crazy; what did it do?

Hydreigon, it's pretty powerful itself and with it in the middle I can safely spam earthquake. hehehehe.....

Nifty! I'm hoping our modest, newborn club starts attracting new members so we can have a tourney of some sort soon enough.

I got swept by a Clamperl once. Without Rain. It was embarrassing, and also a great learning experience. For starters, I learnt that Deepseatooth Clamperl was a OPed sweeper in Trick Room.
    Really, you say? Interesting.

Thanks again for the banner, by the way.

I guess themed things MIGHT be hard for some people. Hopefully when we get more people, we can take the temperature of the group and see what they'd like to do.

Then stay in touch buddy,I've got a plan which you might like a slice of

I raised a Hydreigon for my ingame team.I haven't been very appreciative of it yet,and haven't used it often enough to reap the benefits in triples...needs a reform,I think!

New topic!

What is/are your favorite Legendary Pokemon? Why?

Favourite legendaries are tricky,since some are too over the top statistically for me.

Although...I've always favoured Lugia,Giratina-Origin forme and Dialga pretty interesting in appearance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast