Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Triple Battle Club!

What is/are your favorite Legendary Pokemon? Why?

Triple Battle wise? Or just, plain favourites?

For me, the only Legendary I like Triple Battle wise is the Crown Raikou, the one with Aura Sphere. Scarf + Rain + Thunder/ HP Ice/ Aura Sphere/ Volt Switch has always been a decent sweeper/ revenge killer for me. As for favourites, I guess Articuno, Moltres, Raikou, Regi Trio and Regigigas. I love their design and cry especially.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Quote Originally Posted by SS_Append View Post

Triple Battle wise? Or just, plain favourites?

For me, the only Legendary I like Triple Battle wise is the Crown Raikou, the one with Aura Sphere. Scarf + Rain + Thunder/ HP Ice/ Aura Sphere/ Volt Switch has always been a decent sweeper/ revenge killer for me. As for favourites, I guess Articuno, Moltres, Raikou, Regi Trio and Regigigas. I love their design and cry especially.
    I always play on mute, so I never get to hear any of the cries. Kinda makes me sad. But if I can squeeze 10 extra minutes of life out of my battery, it is all worth it!

I wish that Raikou had a better nature; I just trained one up for my current team, but I haven't used it yet.

My whole triple battle team right now is legendaries, LOL. I thought I'd give them a chance, even though it gives me a totally unthemed team. Mostly, it works, but really good themes still hurt me.

My facvorite legends just PREFERENCE-wise are the Lake Guardians. I have always liked the cute little psychic legends, and I dig the backstory behind that trio, too.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    New topic!

Rayquaza, also my favorite Pokemon overall.
    Why? I love it's cry and it happens to represent my favorite animal, the snake.
    All of my time belongs to ΩR & αS.

Well, people who like triple battles? Count me in, I'm pretty fond of triple and rotation battles.
    I haven't played over wi-fi (in fear of getting my *** whooped), but I do do them over the PWT, and that's good practice for my running through the stratagies.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Meeker View Post
    Well, people who like triple battles? Count me in, I'm pretty fond of triple and rotation battles.
    I haven't played over wi-fi (in fear of getting my *** whooped), but I do do them over the PWT, and that's good practice for my running through the stratagies.
    Awesome! Yeah, I was hoping we'd have more fellow Triple lovers than this so far, but I'm sure we'll get them eventually.

In the meantime, feel free to engage in any of the topics we've already discussed. Or anything else, really.

Welcome ^ ^

Just to clarify,if you've got a working strategy,then wifi battles are great practice.I wouldn't fear it at all,since most people on random matchup don't plan their teams properly
    Plus PWT-whilst challenging-isn't quite the same as the real thing.

I hope they introduce a recognised triples tournament for the games like they did with doubles soon...

Welcome ^ ^

Just to clarify,if you've got a working strategy,then wifi battles are great practice.I wouldn't fear it at all,since most people on random matchup don't plan their teams properly
    Plus PWT-whilst challenging-isn't quite the same as the real thing.

I hope they introduce a recognised triples tournament for the games like they did with doubles soon...
    I might have tried the wi-fi, but I got bored and restarted my game. After doing so, I discovered I was being a total idiot. At least all of my good Pokemon went to my Black, so they weren't erased. I've been to lazy to touch the game lately.

On the other hand, a little stratagy I made was to have a support pokemon in the middle, teach it trick room and heal pulse (recover if it can) then have it surrounded by slow pokemon that shine in trick room sets. I used it with Eelektross and gardevoir, but others will probably work.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

I might have tried the wi-fi, but I got bored and restarted my game. After doing so, I discovered I was being a total idiot. At least all of my good Pokemon went to my Black, so they weren't erased. I've been to lazy to touch the game lately.

On the other hand, a little stratagy I made was to have a support pokemon in the middle, teach it trick room and heal pulse (recover if it can) then have it surrounded by slow pokemon that shine in trick room sets. I used it with Eelektross and gardevoir, but others will probably work.
    Trick Room doesn't seem to be as popular on Wi-Fi as it used to be, but for a while I couldn't log on without finding a few dozen of them. I've run two different versions myself, and I really enjoy it.

That's one of the things I like about Triple... for a while, it was very Trick Room or Rain oriented, but lately when I get on, I see ALL kinds of stuff. There are things I see more than others, but I can honestly say I have no idea what to expect when I get on. There's a lot of variety.

Trick Room doesn't seem to be as popular on Wi-Fi as it used to be, but for a while I couldn't log on without finding a few dozen of them. I've run two different versions myself, and I really enjoy it.

That's one of the things I like about Triple... for a while, it was very Trick Room or Rain oriented, but lately when I get on, I see ALL kinds of stuff. There are things I see more than others, but I can honestly say I have no idea what to expect when I get on. There's a lot of variety.
    Awesome variety in triples.
    One amazing team I saw:
    Archeops
    Linoone
    Unfezant

Synergy:
    Powerhouse Archeops on sidelines.Hindered by defeatist slightly
    Linoone removes defeatist with simple beam.
    Unfezant+Sky Attack + Powerherb
    Linoone+pickup+bestow=multiple 1-turn sky attacks.

This guy was good,too-around 1800 in ranking if I remember right.

I still find there's a weather team abundance though.
    Last edited by Archstaraptor; 19th December 2012 at 8:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archstaraptor View Post
    One amazing team I saw:
    Archeops
    Linoone
    Unfezant

Synergy:

This guy was good,too-around 1800 in ranking if I remember right.

I still find there's a weather team abundance though.
    I don't usually sdo the Ranking battles; I tend to stick to Free. I wonder if there are more people on Ranking? not that I have trouble find opponents on Free, but it'd be nice to see.

I changed my team yet again because I do that every other week or so, but it is not a great team. I thought it'd go better, but I had about a .500 night. Might have to tweak it a bit.

So does anyone actually want to get together and battle? We've been talking battles and the games and such...does anyone want to start exchanging FCs and play a match or two?

Hello, I'm Gothic-Gothorita! I'd like to join The Triple Battle Club! ^_^

I've always been into Triple Battling! I do it all the time Competitive and Casual! XD I hope I can learn a lot here! ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post

I've always been into Triple Battling! I do it all the time Competitive and Casual! XD I hope I can learn a lot here! ^-^
    Welcome ^ ^
    Nice to know there are others out there!

@Sid87:I rarely battle off free mode too-don't know why :/

But rating mode is very unactive,because you need a GL account...

...and somebody else who likes triples _ _

I'm free for a triple battle now-haven't had one in ages!
    Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post

Happy to have you, and you've been added!

I haven't really asked the Competitive/Casual question yet. I tend to enjoy both, but I'm not super awesome at competitive. I build decent enough teams, but nothing amazing.

Welcome ^ ^
    Nice to know there are others out there!

@Sid87:I rarely battle off free mode too-don't know why :/

But rating mode is very unactive,because you need a GL account...

...and somebody else who likes triples _ _

I'm free for a triple battle now-haven't had one in ages!
    Anybody?
    I forgot about the Global Link thing. I DID create an account there, but I don't think I've EVER used it. Heh.

If anyone wants to battle me, I'm generally around 6:00pm-9:00pm (EST, GMT -5) and on weekends. Just PM/VM me and we can try to set something up.

My new team STILL stinks, and I'm almost sad I put energy into it. Here it is; maybe you guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong!

WHIMSICOTT w/ Light Clay
    -Light Screen
    -Taunt
    -Energy Ball
    -Sunny Day
    ----Sunny Day is there with Prankster to counter Rain teams. Taunt and Light Screen are self-explanatory (and L.S. is INTEGRAL to this team). I had Tailwind on it, but I deleted it for Energy Ball because I kept getting into spots where I NEEDED to attack with 'Cott, including two matches I had to forfeit because I was down to JUST Whimsicott, but it couldn't do damage. I'd love to put Tailwind back, but...what do I remove?

Tornadus w/ Flying Gem
    -Acrobatics
    -Tailwind
    -Rain Dance
    -Taunt
    ----Rain Dance is here with Prankster to counter Drought teams. Tailwind, Taunt, and Acrobatics all seem obvious enough.

All right, I usually lead off Whimsicott-X-Tornadus, so I can Light Screen and Tailwind (or use a Taunt or weather changer if I need to). Here are my rotating middle guys:

Luxray w/ Life Orb
    -Wild Charge
    -Fire Fang
    -Ice Fang
    -Crunch

Arcanine w/ Muscle Band
    -Flare Blitz
    -Close Combat
    -Roar
    -Extreme Speed

Gyarados w/ Lum Berry
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Fang

Salamence w/ Focus Sash
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Fly
    -Earthquake

So between Whimsicott and Tornadus, I use rotating Intimidators (hence why Light Screen is so important) to constantly lower my opponent's attack. I usually start off with Gyarados and then switch to Luxray if my opponent is tempted to Rock Slide due to my field having two flying types. After I set up with Whimsy and Tornadus, I cycle them in and out, too, to maximize Intimidators hitting the field.

A big problem with this team is that I'm just starting off poorly. I keep misjudging my opponent's opening moves, and it's costing me. I know my movesets aren't great, either (I need to finish B2 so I can use the move tutor there to teach Salamence Outrage...I know this is important). What do you guys suggest?

One amazing team I saw:
    Archeops
    Linoone
    Unfezant

Synergy:
    That... I'll be honest, isn't exactly a really decent/ viable team IMO. I'm guessing that said guy got those wins by constantly battling, since that team can be improved much more. I'm still having trouble understanding why the guy chose Unfezant, when others like Crobat, Aerodactyl and Honchkrow can do much better, while having more diverse support and offence movepools. This looks more to me like a gimmick team, TBH.

Spoiler:- team:
    No natures and EVs? And... It seems you're relying too heavy on Intimidate, aren't you? I guess it's a real pain in the neck for some teams, but for Special Attack-abusing Rain/ Sun teams may be able to break through/ bypass/ ignore the Light Screen and sweep. Apart from that, I guess Intimidate abuse is an interesting strategy. If you can get this team done right, it should be able to get a decent number of wins on Random Matchup.
    Last edited by SS_Append; 20th December 2012 at 7:58 AM. Reason: /self-proclaimed expert RMT person/ guy/ thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SS_Append View Post
    No natures and EVs? And... It seems you're relying too heavy on Intimidate, aren't you? I guess it's a real pain in the neck for some teams, but for Special Attack-abusing Rain/ Sun teams may be able to break through/ bypass/ ignore the Light Screen and sweep. Apart from that, I guess Intimidate abuse is an interesting strategy. If you can get this team done right, it should be able to get a decent number of wins on Random Matchup.
    I didn't want to get too into it when I'm not sure if people prefer competitive/casual battles (I can do both), but they are all flawless/near-flawless, and the EV/natures are:

Whimy: Bold, 252 DEF, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Tornadus: Jolly, 252 ATK, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Arcanine & Salamence: Adamant, 252 ATK, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Luxray & Gyarados: Jolly, 252 Speed, 252 ATK, 4 HP

~to save this topic from dying~

On topic: I try to not send out my pokemon in the same order every time.
    All of my time belongs to ΩR & αS.

Quote Originally Posted by spyro and sonic View Post
    ~to save this topic from dying~

On topic: I try to not send out my pokemon in the same order every time.
    That depends for me. Usually my "flankers" stay the same from team-to-team, but I'll rotate out my middle depending on what it looks like the other team is fielding. I think in my old Trick Room team, I sent out the same 3 openers no matter the situation (well, that's not true, I guess, but maybe 90% of the time).

It depends how you build, I guess. If you build for one single purpose, sending out the same three all the time might work. If you build to counter what an opponent might do (which I'm finding less and less effectual every day), you can alter your opening a lot.

The team I'm running now, I have one pokemon I almost always start with, and the other two are up-in-the-air depending on the scenario.

I went through a funny stretch of playing the SAME GUY over and over on the Random Wi-Fi battles. Some guy with an Asian name whose saying is "Have you heard of SURRENDER?" and has ~400 wins. Anyone else ever get this guy?

Anybody interested in having any matches this weekend?

Anybody interested in having any matches this weekend?
    Definitely-I've got a team on PO I'm itching to try.
    My ingame team-less so,but I'm always happy to have a game : D

To answer your query above,no.
    But I definitely notice the lack of Triple battlers on random match-up :/
    Last edited by Archstaraptor; 22nd January 2013 at 9:05 PM.

Definitely-I've got a team on PO I'm itching to try.
    My ingame team-less so,but I'm always happy to have a game : D

To answer your query above,no.
    But I definitely notice the lack of Triple battlers on random match-up :/
    Sorry I haven't caught up with you since you replied... hopefully we can battle this weekend!

Sorry I haven't caught up with you since you replied... hopefully we can battle this weekend!
    Looking forward to it-my new strategy trounced uber teams : D
    No pressure.
    So-does anybody have any overlooked support pokes to share?
    I've got an Illumise-prankster +big movepool makes it a very useful supporter to have.

Looking forward to it-my new strategy trounced uber teams : D
    No pressure.
    I've got an Illumise-prankster +big movepool makes it a very useful supporter to have.
    I actually haven't had a team in a few weeks; I haven't been going on Wi-Fi. I'm waiting on a guy to RNG me something I want, and then I have an idea for a team.

I'll throw some stuff together and get on to battle you later though!

I remember a friend who just loved abusing Prankster Illumise. Whenever I battled him, Illumise was my first target.

I myself always enjoyed using half-support, half-sweepers like Infernape and Crobat.
    I would run Flare Blitz (or Heat Wave)/ Close Combat/ Fake Out/ Quick Guard on Infernape, with a Jolly nature and max Atk/ Spd EVs, so I could outspeed other Fake Out users like Mienshao. As for Crobat, I'd run Brave Bird/ Tailwind/ Taunt/ Snatch, for obvious anti-Whimsicott purposes. Also had an Aerodactyl with a somewhat similar moveset, but I gave it up because of Scizor.

I ran into a team on WiFi once that ran Illumise and Volbeat. I have a Volbeat but not an Illumise (I am getting one soon, though), but I haven't trained it yet.

As for something overlooked? I go through periods where I *LOVE* my Regigigas. EV trained for defensive walling, Toxic/Substitute/Giga Impact/Wide Guard, holding Leftovers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast