Thread: Beginning Battler 3rd gen team. Please rate!

Default Beginning Battler 3rd gen team. Please rate!

I'm making a team to battle my brothers, and I would love some advice on the team. Any advice on items, evs, or movesets is appreciated. Thanks!

Ninjask@Leftovers
    Impish nature -- Jolly is useless with something so fast.
    Ability: Speed Boost
    252 HP/ 100 atk/ 72 SpD/ 76 Def/ 8 spd
    Substitute
    swords dance
    silver wind
    baton pass

My lead and baton passer. Can pass to Espeon for a small chain, or straight to metagross for a sweep.

Espeon@Leftovers
    Timid nature
    Ability: Sychronize
    252 HP/ 100 Spe/ 100 Def/ 56 SpD
    Calm Mind
    Substitute
    Psychic
    Baton Pass

Second baton passer. Can baton pass to Salamence or Starmie, or Metagross if Ninjask came first.

Blissey@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    Ability: Natural Cure
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
    Aromatherapy
    Toxic
    Seismic Toss
    Softboiled

My special wall. Can take basically any special hits, and many physical. Also heals with aromatherapy.

Starmie@Leftovers?
    Hardy Nature -- not ideal but it was all I could get and not a huge deal.
    Ability: Natural Cure
    240 HP/ 48 SpA/ 222 Spe
    Rapid Spin
    Recover
    Surf
    Ice Beam -- I thought about thunderbolt but decided ice beam had better coverage for what I was up against and the pokemon I was using. Please give opinions about this slot.

My rapid spinner. Gets rid of Spikes from Skarmory, and can get a good sweep in itself with a few boosts from Espeon.

Salamence@Something -- I have no idea what to put here
    Modest Nature
    Ability: Intimidate
    12 Atk/ 244 SpA/ 252 Spe -- I went with this because it had a pretty good SpA IV and garbage Speed IV
    Dragon Claw
    Fire Blast
    Brick Break
    Crunch

Mostly special sweeper. Has Brick Break for stuff like Blissey. Crunch is for Ghost types, Dragon Claw for STAB, and Fire Blast for more type coverage and to destroy Skarmory.

Metagross@Something -- I thought about using Choice Band, but it would really take away its versatility and prevent me from using Explosion as effectively.
    Ability: Clear Body
    144 HP/ 252 Atk/ 20 Def/ 94 Spe
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Sludge Bomb -- I thought about using ThunderPunch but thought this would be a more useful neutral alternative. Please share options for this slot.
    Explosion

My physical sweeper. Destroys after some speed and attack boosts from Ninjask.

I know some of the pokes my brothers will probably be using:
    Team 1: Gengar, Alakazam, Skarmory, Machamp, Tyranitar
    Team 2: Tropius, Skarmory, Lanturn, Dragonite
    Both teams will very possibly have Blissey.

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated. I really want to win this, so I need to optimize my team. Biggest areas I need help in are: hold items, movesets if you have any ideas, and I can switch out a couple pokes if you have better ideas for the lineup. Thanks!

Right now what you have is: two walls, two random attackers with very little synergy, and two bpers that hardly guarantee anything. Focus on either stall, offense, of BP. Trying to do everything in the same team won't work. As it stands, ttar and gyarados can kill the entire team in seconds.

Expand on your descriptions please. Otherwise I will have to lock this.