Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Years Pokemon Special

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Episode N Episode 2 looks interesting, however I'm curious on the final two screenshots with the sunset, is that from the final League Episode?
    No, it's likely from Episode N episode 2. There's a scene with N there that didn't get included in any of the screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Its a godsend the dub never airs these boring clip shows. What a waste of a week,
    I guess that's a point.... Most kids sure wouldn't want to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    I guess that's a point.... Most kids sure wouldn't want to watch it.
    Because its nothing new. They did these clip shows back in Hoenn and DP too, and the dub thankfully skipped over them.

We don't need a whole episode just of clips from older eps.

They show a Pokemon New Year's special every year, CyberCubed. Everyone knew there wouldn't be a regular episode this week. It's like complaining that they don't show two episodes a week every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    They show a Pokemon New Year's special every year, CyberCubed. Everyone knew there wouldn't be a regular episode this week. It's like complaining that they don't show two episodes a week every week.
    That's the funny thing, back when DP was airing I thought it was going to go on longer than AG despite airing in the same 4-year timeframe.

But if you remove the two clip shows, DP only actually has 189 episodes compared to AG's 191. Which means these clip show specials actually are killing a week off from the episode count. Otherwise why didn't DP have as many episodes as AG did despite airing for the same 4-year timeframe?

That's the funny thing, back when DP was airing I thought it was going to go on longer than AG despite airing in the same 4-year timeframe.

But if you remove the two clip shows, DP only actually has 189 episodes compared to AG's 191. Which means these clip show specials actually are killing a week off from the episode count. Otherwise why didn't DP have as many episodes as AG did despite airing for the same 4-year timeframe?
    This isn't "a clip show special" that replaced the regular airing, it's the annual New Year's special that just happened to be mostly a clip show this year. There were 4 New Year's specials during DP too, them not being clip shows is completely irrelevant to any argument you may make. If they hadn't aired a clip show this week, they'd have aired something else that wasn't the next standard episode. Probably a rerun of the Victini movie or something.

I wish the clip shows (and this) would pull a Community and air scenes that never happened.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Its a godsend the dub never airs these boring clip shows. What a waste of a week,
    I agree, although it seems most people knew that this would only be a clip show and not a completely new episode. Still, I can't imagine that any kid would be interested in a clip show to begin with. I mean if you're watching the anime, there's a good chance you already know what's been going on. What kind of ratings do these things get anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I mean if you're watching the anime, there's a good chance you already know what's been going on.
    The purpose of this special wasn't to let people catch up, but to have them laugh at the funny clips they showed. And only half of it was a clip show anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    What kind of ratings do these things get anyway?
    Low. New Year's is a massive family event in Japan, and children are occupied with festivities, not watching TV. That's why they have these non-standard specials in place of normal episodes in the first place, they know a lot of kids aren't going to be watching anyway.
    Last edited by Dephender; 3rd January 2013 at 3:07 AM.

Because its nothing new. They did these clip shows back in Hoenn and DP too, and the dub thankfully skipped over them.

We don't need a whole episode just of clips from older eps.
    Kid reactions to the old voice actors would be interesting, but yes, I actually agree in a way. It is something I might watch online with subtitles in the time of eventually, but until then, pfft... xD

Kid reactions to the old voice actors would be interesting, but yes, I actually agree in a way. It is something I might watch online with subtitles in the time of eventually, but until then, pfft... xD
    I don't think that really matters, now more than half the show is dubbed by PUSA. They've each dubbed 8 seasons now.

I don't think that really matters, now more than half the show is dubbed by PUSA. They've each dubbed 8 seasons now.
    Yeah. I miss the original dubbers. First 8 seasons... Yeah... xD

Man, watching stuff in japanese when you're used to the dub is surreal.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Because DP didn't have a filler saga, it had a god awful amount of filler episodes, but not a filler saga. IF you take the Battle Frontier saga out of AG, DP runs a whole lot longer than AG, even without clip shows.

So far, I liked it. the whole thing looked cute from the pictures :3...

...of course the island of giant pokemon was on there. XD

aside from that, N looked awesome looking around...is that after corless and Gehtsis run away or something...?

and finally...
    Irisandashinjapaneseclothing.jpg

IRis in a Kimono?

...was there a special exactly like this during D/P?

...my motives for wanting to know are secret.

...though it has something to do with Dawn. /killed XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Because DP didn't have a filler saga, it had a god awful amount of filler episodes, but not a filler saga. IF you take the Battle Frontier saga out of AG, DP runs a whole lot longer than AG, even without clip shows.
    I'm talking about the series as a whole. DP was actually only 189 episodes if you don't count clip shows, yet AG still came to 191 episodes even excluding that clip show it had.

They both aired over the same time period of 4 years, so why does DP have a two episode less count?

Yah, that should be funny. Imagine, kids of this generation thinking the newer voices sound better than the older onesXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Yah, that should be funny. Imagine, kids of this generation thinking the newer voices sound better than the older onesXD
    To be fair, a lot of the voice actors now are very good. I like the voices of all the rivals, Zager, Professor Juniper, Cilan and Iris. All very well done in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    To be fair, a lot of the voice actors now are very good. I like the voices of all the rivals, Zager, Professor Juniper, Cilan and Iris. All very well done in my opinion.
    Oh I agree, they've gotten better as the series goes on. I'd just find it funny cuz so many people who watched the past series miss the older VAs and think they are the best but if the new fandom like the newer ones that'd be funny as heck.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Well, no, TPCi's still not done with their 7th season yet. XD.

4Kids still has more of the show dubbed. TPCi won't even be equal to their count until...about 10 episodes into their 9th season.

Still, pretty clear TPCi will dub the rest of the series, no doubt about that. Especially since 4Kids kicked the bucket recently. XD.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Oh I agree, they've gotten better as the series goes on. I'd just find it funny cuz so many people who watched the past series miss the older VAs and think they are the best but if the new fandom like the newer ones that'd be funny as heck.
    I'm really like that: honestly I think the older VAs are one of the main reasons why I like the older seasons so much: they had this charm to them that really stays with you for a while...that, or by 8 seasons in, I just couldn't imagine the characters with different voices at that stage.

I think that if they were going to change the voices, doing it earlier like at the beginning of AG, or later at the beginning of DP, would've been an easier transition for older fans.

It would be funny as heck if they did. I'd just be shocked and say...well, I can't blame you guys...haha. They've probably grown on them like the older cast grew on us-- although, the current dub cast has grown on me as well in the last seven years, so I'm fine with them as well these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I've never actually had a problem with most of the voices for newer characters-- Iris' dub VA did annoy me at the beginning, but I like it now. My favorite is Cilan's VA, Jason Griffith: hilarious and really fitting (funny, because I hated him as Usopp, but I can't blame him since even Taylor and several others were way off their A-game in OP 4Kids dub, due to poor vocal direction).

It was moreso the replacement voices that bugged me, though I'm good with them these days.

Yeah. I miss the original dubbers. First 8 seasons... Yeah... xD
    I do as well, actually. I can't deny 4Kids definitely did a good job with their run of Pokemon.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 3rd January 2013 at 11:33 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

there was a battle field there, is that a hint to a tournament or something?

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    No, Johto had a god awful amount of filler episodes, DP had less then AG..

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    It was moreso the replacement voices that bugged me, though I'm good with them these days.

I do as well, actually. I can't deny 4Kids definitely did a good job with their run of Pokemon.
    "These DONUTS are really good! I really like these DONUTS!" - Brock..

Honestly, I don't think anybody should've been bothered by the replacement voices if they were able to put nostalgia aside. I think you, and the majority that took 'offence' were really just bugged by the replacement by itself, because most/you(?) have a feeling of nostalgia attached to those voices. I personally thought that Veronica Taylor as Ash was horrifying... Yes, I just said that. I'm Dutch - you can hate on that as well for me trying to come off as superior in your eyes - , we have our own dub in the Netherlands - not saying ours is better in anyway, so don't hate on that - , so I can compare, the US to Japanese for instance, far more easily without being hindered by nostalgia, as neither was my original experience.

In my experience, it goes:
    - Dutch
    - Japanese
    - US

I'm well aware that Dutch is on top because of nostalgia factor, and that it wouldn't be in the top 3 for any American. Yet, when I cross off the Dutch dub, I'm still left with two unbiased experiences, in which the Japanese is above the US. Now, I'm not trying to put off the original version over the US dub, but I'm just trying to make a point that a lot of people are still biased to the old voices, solely based on nostalgia. 4Kids did a mediocre job at best, made quite a few horrible edits, and a lot of lines were horrible to listen to, hence my above quote.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

000163.jpg

They mentioned the ridiculous strength of Ash's since he can carry a 109lb pokemon in his head LOL
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

000281.jpg

What is this i don't even.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    000281.jpg

What is this i don't even.
    ... I want context for that.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast