Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Power Magazine ends its 24 year run

Unhappy Nintendo Power Magazine ends its 24 year run

I only found this out in last month's issue that NP was gonna have its final issue this month. At first I was shocked, then I had thought "maybe they were evolving into a new magazine or something, but after picking up today's issue, I saw that this was definitely the end.

I was actually bummed about it. All those years I had planned on subscribing to the mag instead of just looking for the issue in stores every month, but i never followed through on it. Now when I finally decide to, it runs its course.

My favorite issues mostly always had Mario on the covers, and my favorite sections of NIntendo power was the PokeCenter and Classified corner.

Feel free to share your thoughts and memories.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

That is quite sad indeed.
    I loved reading it. It was a good source of information for gamers.
    I really loved it. And its quite sad that its coming to an end.
    Fav. Zelda. <3

I really liked NP. They were just beginning to add a lot of new cool stuff to the magazine, but it looks like we won't get it anymore.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Thoughts?

"And nothing of value was lost."

Nostalga~~

But really, with the internet magazines are going defunct, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Thoughts?

"And nothing of value was lost."
    This pretty much. It's kinda hard to give a damn about some little magazine when it was never sold anywhere beyond the US.

It's just nothing more than people being sentimental and failing to realise that gaming magazine are a dying breed.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I don't think anyone's denying the decline in popularity of gaming magazines, but it did make up a part in a lot of people's childhoods. Obviously it has a lot of sentimental value.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    but it did make up a part in a lot of American and Canadian's childhoods.
    Fix it for you.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    This pretty much. It's kinda hard to give a damn about some little magazine when it was never sold anywhere beyond the US.

It's just nothing more than people being sentimental and failing to realise that gaming magazine are a dying breed.
    Not just America, you hoser!

Yeah, nostalgia. During their earlier years before gaming sites were a boom, they had great coverage and strategy guides of your games on the most iconic gaming company's consoles. Anyway, like everyone's saying, the Internet's a boom and free (to an extent). Nintendo Power had a good run and the people behind it are saving cash and time now that their magazine is off the shelves.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

They could have easily gone to an e-zine only format. That's all I'm saying.

Banner by the illustrious Avenger Angel

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

Fix it for you.
    You seem to be insistent on saying it was only in the US (then you added canada...) are you jealous? : p

Fix it for you.
    The US almost has more than 10x the amount of people in the UK and Australia combined, and good old Canadia has ~1.5x the amount of people as Australia.

That is a lot of people, especially when you consider that those four countries are the only countries realistically posting on this forum.

This actually brought a tear to my eye. I always looked forward to seeing the newest issue on store shelves, I never subscribed to it, but I was going to this month. I always borrowed it from my friend whom always carried it in his backpack in the backseat of his car, why didn't I subscribe years ago?

Maybe Nintendo will change it's mind and reintroduce it, here's to hoping

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    thats what i was thinking, and i was never subcribed but i would leaf through them when i went to walmart.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    We have other websites like My Nintendo News to cover that. The only thing that would truly be worth anything would be interviews and fan creations.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I'm pretty sad to see Nintendo Power go. I'd been getting NP's in the mail since 1995, one a month. Heck, I was motivated to learn how to read because of them. 0_o
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Yeah its pretty sad the part I'll miss the most is the humor and unique editors

"98% of teens wont stand up for God. Copy and Paste this into your sig if your one of the 2%"
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I wish that I could of gotten a subscription before they released the final issue. Nintendo Power will always be in our hearts, it was excellent to the very end.

R.I.P another part of my childhood gaming.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

My childhood man. I absolutely loved reading these things. I'm going to do whatever I can to grab the last one...*sigh*

And I hate GameInformer...which is close to one of the only print vg magazines left.

And once again the internet kills something off. GameInformer is just ugh...

I actually once got a letter into it, making a correction on another letter saying that Malon from OoT was the basis for Marin in LA.
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Make way for Nintendo Power's spiritual successor: Nintendo Force Magazine.

It has Brawl In The Family's Matthew Taranto in the team.
    Sounds pretty good... I hope they can get it going soon.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Make way for Nintendo Power's spiritual successor: Nintendo Force Magazine.

That sounds quite cool.

I must say though, I'm trying to find an announcement or even mention of this on BitF's forums, can't find it yet.

Edit: Nope, genuinely seems to be nothing.

I'm suspicious of this.
    Last edited by Will-powered Spriter; 21st December 2012 at 11:33 PM.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

It will fail since what can they offer, aside from piggybacking from people's childhood fondness and nostalgia of some gaming magazine, that no other website can do.

What makes Nintendo Force Magazine so special from the rest apart from the fact that they are "Nintendo Power's spiritual successor," hell what's to stop someone else from creating a magazine and call that a "Nintendo Power's spiritual successor"?

Who?

^ Best post ever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast