Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nintendo Power Magazine ends its 24 year run

Webcomic guy, who was quite a fan of the magazine. It's got a decent following.

We'll see how it goes I suppose if it is real? Hope they got permission/etc.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

It seems to be real.

Matthew's confirmed his part at least.

Out of interest, who are the other people? Matthew's the only one I know.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

According to their facebook page, the Nintendo Force magazine will be both digital and physical.

I'm just now finding this out. This is great news to me. And i read about the staff that was going to be on it. Seems like hell of a nice mix. I'm definitely gonna subscribe to this next gen magazine.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

The Nintendo Force's first magazine is just a few days away.

The first issue has a Fire Emblem Awakening illustration: the main one from the box.

The Nintendo Force magazine is awfully expensive, though... I hope they can find some way to sell it at a more reasonable price.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

At first I was excited for a new Nintendo magazine.

Then I saw the print price for one issue ($17?). Come on guys, NP gave you a whole year's worth of content for $2 more than what you're giving us! Get some ads in there so you can lower the price already!

EDIT: Apparently they're working on lowering the price; their print-on-demand supplier charges 20 cents a page + $1 on top. So the first step, naturally, is to find a new print supplier.
    Last edited by Twentington; 13th January 2013 at 11:46 PM.
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
    At first I was excited for a new Nintendo magazine.

Then I saw the print price for one issue ($17?). Come on guys, NP gave you a whole year's worth of content for $2 more than what you're giving us! Get some ads in there so you can lower the price already!

EDIT: Apparently they're working on lowering the price; their print-on-demand supplier charges 20 cents a page + $1 on top. So the first step, naturally, is to find a new print supplier.
    Yup, that's how things are. Some of the money is going to be donated to charities though.

*Shaking hands holding money* T-this is for the kids...this is for the kids...

A big reason it's so pricey is that they have NO ADS.

If they got some ads, we'd be seeing a much lower price.
    Current wishes: I have way too many event legendaries right now. I'm interested in a japanese 6IV ditto, but I'm willing to barter - PM me offers.

Events I have spares of: Liberty Pass Victini, (HGSS and Link) Celebi, GameStop Keldeo, GameStop Jirachi, and I can breed Phiones. I also have a Japanese Event Shiny Raikou up, if that counts... It's not a spare, but I might be willing to part with it, given enough prodding.

---

3DS FC: 2750 - 1756 - 6697

I'm thinking about getting the magazine. Do they offer subscriptions for it yet?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I'm thinking about getting the magazine. Do they offer subscriptions for it yet?
    It doesn't seem so at the moment.

By the way, the digital version only costs $5 dollars. I guess that's not really that bad. I'm buying this one.

Then its going to be $17 every two months? They must get some ads!
    Pokégyms

I'd much rather have ads than a huge price, but that's just me. And even at $5, the digital version is expensive. With most magazines, you can get 12 issues for $20.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Well mine came in the mail today, and I will say this: It's a very clean, crisp, new magazine. It seems old(familiar) and new at the same time.
    Pokégyms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12