View Poll Results: Which Cleric should I use?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darwin the Umbreon

3 100.00%
  • Zelda the Uxie

0 0%

Thread: Double Scarves of cuteness

Default Double Scarves of cuteness

So I just decided to slap together this team for OU and using a Misdreavus. I have made a successful stall team with her, but now I decided to make another one. To be honest, she is only in this team because she can be a cleric and spinblock at the same time.

Here it is, suggestions are well welcomed!!

Nike the Victini @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Victory Star
    Adamant Nature. 252 Atk, 252 spd, 4 HP.
    V-Create
    Bolt Strike
    U-Turn
    Trick

As a lot of people know, unless you're in rain or you're resistant to it, V-Create will burn your ***. Choice Scarf allows me to out-speed base 100s after the speed drop and nail another pokemon with another V-Create. Bolt Strike crushes about every water type that tries to switch in, and U-Turn is great for scouting purposes. Last but still very important, Trick allows me to shut down a setup sweeper or a defensive pokemon like Chansey.

Kirin the Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Justified
    Modest Nature. 252 sp. Atk, 252 spd, 4 HP.
    Surf
    Hydro Pump
    Secret Sword
    Hidden Power Ice

Victini uses a physical scarf set, while Keldeo is the special Scarfer. Victini works great in sun, while Keldeo is amazing in rain. Don't these two just work great together? Aside from all that, Secret Sword makes sure that Blissey and Chansey can't wall him, and Surf is there in case Hydro Pump runs out of PP. Hidden Power Ice is mostly filler, but there is one thing bugging me: why doesn't it learn freaking Ice Beam. That's about 10 times better than a hidden power, and then Keldeo could get some more coverage with a different types Hidden Power.

Nurse the Chansey @ Eviolite
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Bold Nature. 252 HP, 200 def, 56 sp. def.
    Wish
    Protect
    Seismic Toss
    Toxic

Chansey is the 'nurse' of the team, wish-passing to either better the longevity of my sweepers or allowing my rapid spinner to spin another day. The EVs allow Chansey to be very bulky on both sides. Seismic Toss and Toxic allow Chansey to wear down defensive threats. It's completely walled by Gengar, though.

Stan the Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    Impish Nature. 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 sp. def
    Brave Bird
    Roost
    Stealth Rock
    Whirlwind

The second part of a 'Skarmbliss' set. He can set up hazards and is the only phazer on the team. Being able to take a huge amount of physical attacks helps as well. He can't take a special hit, but that's what Chansey is for. If he ever got an evolution, he would be a lot more better, that's what I'm saying for now.

Don the Donphan @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    Impish Nature. 252 HP, 252 def, 4 spd.
    Roar
    Rapid Spin
    Earthquake
    Ice Shard

The other pokemon that is used to counter dragon types, Donphan's Ice Shard allows him to get the jump on the many 4x weak dragon types in the tier. Rapid Spin allow him to spin away hazards. Earthquake is for STAB, of course. Roar is an alternative phazing move in case Skarmory goes down.

Right now there are two pokemon vying for the cleric spot that Misdreavus used to have. Din just wasn't bulky enough.

Spoiler:- competitor#1:

Spoiler:- competitor#2:

Spoiler:- former team member:

So, what do you think?
    Last edited by silverangel; 23rd December 2012 at 11:12 PM.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

No suggestions? Oh well.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

No sweeper to finish stuff off? Not even sure SkarmBliss is a reliable defensive core like it was in DPP with the new threats introduced. Espc. with rain teams having some mixed Pokemon like Tornadus or whatever, just doesn't seem that good anymore. IMO I know you like Misdrevous but you need something to keep offensive pressure, not something to throw out there and spinblock while letting Tentacruel throw up Toxic Spikes or whatever. So, you have scarfers to take out Steels very nicely so well, you obviously know what imma say(x, Dragons. Any setup dragon really would be nice. MoxieMence?

Do you think I should take out the Skarmbliss combo or replace Din with MoxieMence, as spinblocking isn't important in this team due to Stealth Rock being the only thing needed to spinblock.
    Also, what sweeper should I then run?

If Skarmbliss isn't a reliable defensive core, then what would you recommend me?

Also, Misdreavus can often 2HKO Starmie, which is nice, especially when it can also take two hits from LO surf.
    For trade:

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

if you are going to use a NFE Ghost type for defensive purposes, I recommoned Dusclops. It's low is a bit bad but it's defenses are almost equal to that of shuckle's
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

I know about Dusclops, but Misdreavus can use heal bell and can actually use an attacking move outside of night shade.
    For trade:

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

true about heal bell, but misdreavus has medicore attack, and can easily be walled by most pokemon
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Most Starmies I see now run Hydro Pump. Not sure what you really want out of this team. Offensive? Balance? Defensive? Seems like a little bit of each but not as a cohesive unit.

I have two pokemon that can take Misdreavus's spot. Who do you think I should use?
    For trade:

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

The team consisting of only 5 pokemon already has great synergy, but I'd definitely run Uxie in the final slot, as a more reliable Fighting type counter.

For Keldeo, I suggest kerping one Water move, and replacing the other with Icy Wind, also team support, when it's about to fall. HP Ice should then become HP Ghost, for perfect neutral coverage.
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra