Thread: Hyper Mode - Yay or Nay?

Default Hyper Mode - Yay or Nay?

So your shadow Pokemon's gone into hyper mode. What do you usually do? Do you call it straight away to help get it closer to purification, or do you keep it in hyper mode for a while for extra critical hits?

For me, I may keep it in hyper mode if I'm facing a particularly difficult opponent, or if my Pokemon can't learn any more moves by opening its heart further. It has, however, frustrated me a few times after a battle when I can't heal it up, so I would usually try and call it before the end of the battle if I have a chance.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

I don't like using it, I normally need to heal my Pokemon after battle.

I call it out instantly. I don't usually like using Shadow Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I call its name right when it enters it. I did try to get some critical hits before when one of them was in Hyper/Reverse Mode. But, I didn't do it that much.

I call it out of Hyper Mode right away because I like how calling it lowers the shadow bar a bit.

In Colosseum I would sometimes leave the Pokemon in Hyper Mode for a while to get the critical hit chance, unless it was one of those that took forever to purify. In XD I would always call the Pokemon out of Reverse Mode immediately because I didn't want it to hurt itself after every turn.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

I like using hyper mode on shadow pokemon because it makes me feel evil >: D
    Although near the end of the battle I call them to get rid of a bit of shadow.
    Last edited by Chingchar; 21st December 2012 at 4:00 PM.

When I had a Pokemon entering Hyper Mode, I would usually call it out of it as soon as possible. But there were a few exceptions, if I would get a disadvantage in the battle by calling it, I would let it stay in Hyper Mode for the moment and call it out later on.
    Δ

Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

Nah.Snapping your pokemon out of it and getting rid of some shadow is more worth it than a bigger chance of a critcal.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I call it out instantly. Not only does it lower the shadow bar, but I don't like that it sometimes wont attack.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I may not call it right away, but will almost always do it before the end of the battle.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

In Colloseum I don't mind my pokemon being in hyper mode because their moves are often critical hits.

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

For the most part, I call them out of it immediately. In fact, I mostly battle people so my Pokémon will enter Hyper Mode, just to get them out of it.

In tough matches, if I actually have Shadow Pokémon on me, I'll keep them that way. I don't think that's even been the case, though.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

I usually call out my Pokémon right away. I care more about getting my Shadow Pokémon purified rather than squeezing extra power out of them.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

I'll usually call it out, but if I'm against a tough opponent, I'll gladly take advantage of the boosted critical hit ratio.
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

I usually call it right away. When I'm purifying I go through the mt battle challenge with my shadows so (at first) they can go into hyper mode, get called, hopefully go hyper again, get called, exc many times in one battle with only taking little damage (which is healed between rounds anyway).
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

I let it be that way for at least one or two turns. then call it out. It kinda frustrated me that I called them out as soon as possible just to get in hyper/reverse mode again =_=
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Depends with the pokemon and situation. If I was in a battle with my shadow hitmontop in my first playthrough, then the first thing I'd do would be to call it out. On my second play through, I was in a battle with some pretty powerful pokemon (I can't remember which ones) so I got a few attacks in first. Usually I'll call it right away, but sometimes, if there's an advantage to not doing it, I won't.
        Spoiler:- games I want:

Click the banner to check out my semi-regularly updated chiptune filled soundcloud.

I love getting in Hyper mode, because it speeds up the purifying. I'd rather have that, than more crits (especially when catching a Shadow Poke).
    Vaporeon's a beast.