Thread: Destroyed Screens? Who do you blame?

Default Destroyed Screens? Who do you blame?

I played the 1st Pokemon ranger years ago and it seriously destroyed my screen. I've yet to play Almia just for fear that my new DSi would get ruined like my last one. I bought screen protectors for my DSi, but i still worry about 'breaching' the plastic. I remember going crazy trying to catch those dogs at the end and that steelix (crazy as in @@@@@@@@@@ [those being swirls])>_> Anyone else have their screens destroyed? If so, is there a certain pokemon you blame?

Not to place the blame on you or anything, but is it possible that you're pressing down on the screen with more force than is necessary?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Yeah, my old DS's screen got scratched a tad. Made this horrible scraping noise whenever I drew a line...

There was no Pokemon in particular that made me go nuts. It was the Capture Arena... so much looping, so little time. It not only hurt my screen, but the constant looping wore down the end of my stylus a tad. Also, my stylus was pressing into one of my fingers the whole time. It hurt. But now styluses are bigger, and hurt me much less. And all the constant looping wore down my stylus.

So, now I know that there shall be Ranger 3, I'm finally going to buy a DSi and a screen protector... or two.
    Last edited by ITOMARU; 19th January 2010 at 8:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duality Ninja View Post
    And if the third version isn't called Gray, I'll eat my own poop.
    HeartGold FC: 0733 0535 2913

...Well it depends though, on how long to try to capture. Meh, I finished my 2nd playthrough of the 1st Ranger game in about 5:49 play time or something =/

I was lucky to be given a screen protector when I bought my first DS. Oh, lucky me :3

Though I feel sorry for the ones who got their touch screen sound... I can't think about scraping sounds when I play, must've been horrible X.X

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

I got screen protectors when I first got my DS so no worries there. But it did ruin my screen protectors :P

I got screen protectors when I first got my DS so no worries there. But it did ruin my screen protectors :P

Well, I've been trying hard to make sure I don't damage the screen...
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/n5inau.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i45.*******.com/n2iahl.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2iiy89w.jpg[/IMG]
    Illustration student from the UK
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

I have screen protectors. But even before I had them, the touch screen still remained in good condition even after 1000+ captures in Ranger.

Try to press gently as to not damage the screen

Pokémon Ranger was my first DS game and my Touch Screen is as good as new. :/

You need screen protectors.

Oh, and also don't get mad at playing this. Like, you are using the stylus so hard. Try using your stylus lightly and carefully. I always do that so I won't break my Touch Screen
    Current Rank: <Marsh Trainer>

5th Generation? OH YES.
    Currently Inactive. I won't be here for long. I'm taking a non-virtual vacation/

I've never had any problems with my screen. Like the others have said, the only reason anyone's screnn is being damaged is because you're pressing too hard. I think somewhere in the game it evens says to lighly use the stylus.
    Ask me about Pokeplace Town

Well I'm on my third DS (not because of scratching, because of dropping), and my screen on my first got damaged by playing on Pokemon Dash, and then my second one got quite a bit scratched due to frustration on Ranger.
    The Wrath of Blaziken!

You shouldn't even be touching that hard.

You should try to touch the screen, but no force ata ll. THey'd how I play any game heavy on the touchscreen, didn't effect my DS Phat at all. I have a i now, and that wasn't effected by anything either

That sylus is a pain with the screen , thats kind of why i tend not to play the ranger games

Umm...

I have played through the first and second Ranger games multiple times and am in the middle of the third one at the moment, and I have never EVER damaged my DS screens.

Not even on my DS Phat. Not even on my Lite. And I have played Ranger games on both many a time.

I really don't understand why people stab their screens while playing this series. It even says in the manual 'gentle sweeps', not 'psycho Movie-esque stabbing and slicing'. Really.

Additionally, I never purchase/use Screen Protectors. I find them a waste of money.
    ~Formerly Ben232~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [img]http://i50.*******.com/2d10m75.png[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've played through Shadows of Almia two or three times, capturing all the Pok&#233;mon along the way (getting S-Rank, too, of course).
    And what do you know - no scratches. Why, not even any marks whatsoever.

Without screen protectors.

I'm really getting quite annoyed at how people blame the great Ranger-games. v , v

You do know that pressing hard really doesn't help?
    In particular, I notice you complained about steelix. Steelix is one where it's best to go slowly, not fast.
    You don't need to apply force. It really doesn't help.
    "Open your mouth too wide, and your ears close."

Do you wish you could do things like in the anime?
    Do you wish you could dodge behind a rock to avoid an attack?
    Do you wish that you could use the arena to stop your opponents cold?
    If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League could be for you!

I've played all three Ranger games on my DS which I got in 2005 and the screen is still good. Pressing lightly is really the best way to go, force doesn't yield the best results in Pokemon Ranger nor in most other situations :/

you shouldnt bite on youre ds stylus because that ruins youre stylus and then it can ruin youre screens :w

Wow and I thought I was pressing too hard. I don't even see a scratch on my screen lol.
    Watching:
    Darker than Black Season 2, Kobato, Tegamibachi, Taka no Tsume dan, Tales of the Abyss
    and many others

Playing:
    Tales of the Abyss, Pokemon HG/SS, Idol Master PS, Project Diva, Beatmania

I haven't really noticed, but that might be because my DS is a hand-me-down, though i am planning to get a 3DS and I guess some screen protectors.
    Last edited by Espeon EX; 30th December 2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: forgot some words
    {Credit to TheSketchQueen}

Two awesome characters I created: Mitzy the female , and Espeon the Male . Both were created for the forum game, Pokemon Big Brother.

Espeon EX

i have screen protectors so i didnt really notice...
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

It's always the final boss. Regigigas was notorious for that.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~