Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B/W & B/W2, Two Stories? Nope.

I consider them whole, BW2 continue the events of BW to some extent. And with it being the 5th Generation of pokemong, I'm lumping the two games together.
    3DS: 2509-2137-6109 Feel free to PM your FC for Friend Safari
    Friend Safari Type: Ghost Pokemon: Pumpkaboo and Lampent (unknown third).
    Pokedex: 719/719

Although I can see why people would say they were connected, I say nothing changes besides location and characters. Also, why is it that in B1, Cheren wears glasses, but in W2, Bianca wears glasses? Am I missing something here?
    I am... Back from the Beyond. Up, down and all around. I am... Right behind you.

My 5th Gen team:

Let's Play Gen 3!

Emerald Team:

FireRed Team:

I was hoping for a similar story last year. I got what I wanted

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    I see BW1 connected to BW2 the same way that RB/LGFR is to GSC/HGSS. As Hilbert/Hilda/Red(/Leaf) you set in motion things that that would form parts of the story of Nate/Rosa/Ethan/Lyra. Red(/Leaf) shut down Team Rocket and became the Champ. Hilbert/Hilda stopped Team Plasma and did a few things

It's like The Hobbit connected to Lord of the Rings. I bet most of you see the LOTR movies/read the Books, and not read The Hobbit. BW2/GSC/HGSS/LOTR told you parts of the story that you needed to know for that game while not really spoiling the plot of the Previous "instalment".
    I was just about to say something like this. So exactly, I agree.
    "Be yourself and no regrets... that's our motto!"
    -------------------------->[+-][+-]
    ---------------------------->[+-]
    -------------------------->[+-]
    ----------------------->[+-][+-]apto369

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

In Soviet Russia, Pokemon claim you!

Current play through-
    Heartgold FC: 4686 1335 9888. Feel free to add me and message me to add you too!

Two different stories like series, you know like Harry Potter books too...
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

reading this i really wish i would have gotten black 1 instead of black 2 to start off with, it was an impulse buy truth be told and the only cart they had at wal-mart was black 2. It hasn't ruined the game or anything, I would just have liked to play them in order to see what some of the returning characters stories were

Looking for: Lansat & Staraf Berries
    Have Enigma Berry and every other berry if you're willing to help out?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    They're two entirely separate plots that share some antagonists. You can understand most of BW2 without having played BW1.
    True. I played white 1 first before I got the second ones though. Some of the game would be confusing if you hven't played the first game/s. But many people would get it anyway.

I always considered them as one whole storyline. However, I do not feel that either game's storyline could be considered incomplete wiout the other.
    3DS Friend Code: 4012-4489-0237

My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

NNID: garretslarrity

I think that BW/2 is just one storyline, just BW2 two years after (officially stated). The antagonist team is the same in the games, the characters (Cheren and Bianca and others) are still there, aging, the professor (Juniper) and the majority of the Gym Leaders are the same, and everything just makes sense to me that way.

Same storyline for sure. Elaborates on the great dragon and fusion.

Cheren isn't wearing glasses because they get in the way when battling, and now he's a gym leader! He has to be serious!

Bianca has them now because she's been studying pokemon and their environment for the last few years, and that gets hard on the eyes.
    I am willing to trade any DW females I have for one I don't. Shoot me a PM for more information.

Actively seeking a foreign breeding partner. Shoot me a PM for more information.

Black 2 Code: 4986 5964 3561

They're linked to each other, but they are definitely not the same plot.

I'd say that they can be played as separate plots, but the events in B/W led to what happens in B2/W2. Without the events in B/W then B2/W2 wouldn't have happened, so they are connected in a way.

Send me a VM if you want to chat or have a casual battle!
    3DS FC: 2277-6720-4241
    Pokemon White FC: 1937-1211-2762
    VM me yours!

Um, well I think that the story of BW is better than the story of BW2 but BW2 has more cool features in it that weren't in BW.

I also think that BW2 is a continuation of BW in terms of story but I still think the story of BW was better.

BW have had the best storyline of any Pokemon generation. I don't think X and Y is going to live up to this gen in the storyline department.

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Watchog View Post
    *One cannot simply assume that the story of B/W was better than B/W2 although B/W2 is better, The Story of B/W and B/W2 Are one as a whole, Divided in two games. With that being said the "story" of B/W is no different from B/W2 or vise-versa, Why? Maybe Because of it being part of it as direct sequel, Wich is why you need to play both games in order to have a complete understanding of the main story.*
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, Do you, Like me, Visualize the story of B/W and B/W2 as one main story? Or' as two completely separeted stories with irrelevant connections to eachother?
    Grammar.

They were definitely different games, in the same universe - like GSCHGSS is to RBYFRLG. They were seperated because one starts in a different place with (some) different characters. And they don't pick up where they left off, either - and if they were going to be one game, (which they weren't, has a game ever switched gym leaders and have you battle both, just to meet your rival when he has to level 10 Pokemon after battling in Victory Road two years later?) they would've made something like a time machine or capsule - none of which has been found in the coding.
    font size one

Two different stories that both sucked. I'm not sure which was worse: the ridiculously stupid Underground Castle built conveniently around the Pokemon League HQ or the ridiculously stupid deux ex machina moment where N shows up at the end of '2.

To simply call the writing heavy-handed would be doing the game a favor.
    FT: Breedable 5IV w/ nature Larvitar, Gible, Dratini, Gligar, Mandibuzz, Scyther, Rotom, Bulbasaur, Mawile, Fletchling, Gastly, Ralts (Gallade),
    LF: 5IV Brave/Quiet Honedge
    This week in "Ben's Pokemon Y Playthrough Blog", Ben realizes how ridiculously under-leveled his team is: http://pokeplaywhite.blogspot.com/

Well, they have different stories but they are still somehow connected. Not by much but their is hints and you need to play B/W to understand most of pokemon B/W 2.
    Without pokemon Black and White Black 2 and White 2 would be jibberish and most people wouldn't think it makes sense. They are both connected storylines but still different.

They are a single story, yet different stories. Technically, all of Pokemon can be counted as a single story with different chapters or separate stories. It depends upon the preferred choice. I, personally prefer seeing Black / White and Black 2 / White 2 as one long story.

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12