Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think Ash will lose more than one Gym this region?

Default Do you think Ash will lose more than one Gym this region?

In Johto, Hoenn and Unova Ash only lost one Gym battle and won all the others his first try.

Its only in Kanto and Sinnoh he lost at quire a few Gym leaders. What do you expect here?

This may sound weird.. but I kind of like it when Ash loses his gym battles because LOTS of times in the past he has gotten waaaaaay to cocky; and whenever he loses a battle he kind of snaps out of it and becomes more focused. Also, he seems to improve a lot because of the extra training he does whenever he loses. But for this region, it seems a lot more competitive so I think he may lose another 1-2 times.

He usually loses at the second or third Gym (Whitney, Brawly, Aloe), but sometimes at the first like Roark and Viola.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    He usually loses at the second or third Gym (Whitney, Brawly, Aloe), but sometimes at the first like Roark and Viola.
    Yeah that's true, but there is a new director so maybe he'll decide to add in more losses? Especially in the 7th or 8th gyms since obviously those would be harder.

Maybe 2 in total. Viola and Valerie. I think that Fairy-types might have him lost his first match, if not Valerie, then Olympia.

If by quite a few you mean 2 then sure. Because he only lost 2 in sinnoh.

Sunnyshore city had like 3 battles because of outside interruptions not losses.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    If by quite a few you mean 2 then sure. Because he only lost 2 in sinnoh.

Sunnyshore city had like 3 battles because of outside interruptions not losses.
    He lost to Roark, Gardenia, tied with Maylene, and to Fantina. That's roughly half.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    He lost to Roark, Gardenia, tied with Maylene, and to Fantina. That's roughly half.
    He beat gardenia on the first try in the gym battle.

A tie is not a loss.

I could see him losing to valerie, but no one else.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    He beat gardenia on the first try in the gym battle.

A tie is not a loss.
    Not to mention he beat Gardenia and Fantina in the actual official gym battles on the first try, so yeah….he really only lost to Roark.

2-3 losses total for Ashy boy IMO

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

I could see him losing to Valerie because of a lack of knowledge toward Fairy types, but other than that, can't see him losing to anyone else.

His losses only make him stronger so I'm actually excited to see what training regimens he goes through on his own now that Alexa nor Brock are here.

I actually think he'll lose to Olympia she seems like the type of gym leader that would give him trouble or Korrina.

IDK. Maybe one more, and towards the League, if it'll lead to developments like Viola.

I kinda hope he can take something from all of the Gym Leaders tbh.

RADIANT BLAZE ~

I think Ash will lose to Olympia. He always seem to have issues with psychic types or pokemon that know psychic (Vivillon).
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

IDK all these Kalos gym leaders seem threatening with the exception of Ramos lol

Grant, Olympia, Valerie, Wulfric have great teams and could be challenging for Ash at least.

He'll lose to Valerie and then go on a winning streak all the way to the finals of the League.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I see Ash losing at 2-3 Gyms on his first try, but honestly, I wouldn't really care how much Gyms Ash loses on the first try, as long as it's excusable losses and they help him develop his training skills better.

But obviously, I wouldn't want him to lose in all eight Gym battles, that'd be a real bummer for his character. Around half of them would be preferable.

I see him being pretty thrown off by a Fairy-type gym leader. He'll definitely lose to Valerie.
    Currently hunting: Shiny Houndour
    Shinies found:
    > >> >
    1478-4248-0366 || My safari is water:

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/29cqqlj.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Astral Shadow. :3

Why would he lose to Valerie though? He was able to beat Jasmine on his first try and he might defeat a Sylveon in the upcoming episode with Froakie.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Why would he lose to Valerie though? He was able to beat Jasmine on his first try and he might defeat a Sylveon in the upcoming episode with Froakie.
    It's a new type he's dealing with, though, not someone who specializes in defense moves.

I just think he won't be prepared for a Fairy-type gym leader. Their weaknesses aren't very commonly used types.
    Currently hunting: Shiny Houndour
    Shinies found:
    > >> >
    1478-4248-0366 || My safari is water:

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/29cqqlj.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Astral Shadow. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    It's a new type he's dealing with, though, not someone who specializes in defense moves.
    Steel at that time was a new type as well..and he's fighting a fairy tpye soon by the time he's fighting Valerie he will know that fairy is weak to steel and poison.

Froakie, nor Fletchling nor Pikachu have anythnig that would be negative in usage against a Fairy-type Pokemon at the moment, in fact Steel Wing and Iron Tail would be the best thing for a Fairy-type. Fairy being a new type does not mean it'll be portrayed as something that defeats Ash in a gym battle, he's taking on a chick with a Sylveon soon as well. So it's not like Fairy will be his first encounter either.

I think he will, but I also think he'll sweep a gym battle without having any of his Pokemon faint like in Sinnoh.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast