Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: December 5: XY009 - Retaking the Lumiose Gym! Clemont's Secret!!

Default December 5: XY009 - Retaking the Lumiose Gym! Clemont's Secret!!

ミアレジム攻略!シトロンの秘密!!

"Having returned to Miare City, Satoshi runs into Citron's father Limone, and learns that Citron is the leader of the Miare Gym. After learning that the gym has been taken over by Citron's invention "The Citroid", Satoshi joins Citron and sneaks into the gym to retake it!"
    Last edited by Dephender; 7th November 2013 at 11:38 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised that Lumiose City will be shown again so soon. I mean Ash barely explored it when he got there at the start of the saga and he needs to pass through it again on his way to the next town. Glad this is a Clemont episode.

So I saw something about Clemont's dad and trying to regain the gym in the summary.

CYNDAQUIL IS FINALLY MINE <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!
    Pokemon Y FC: 1693-2261-4948
    Friend Safari: Poison(Venomoth, Toxicroak, and Seviper)

Well I suppose this is where we learn more about Clemont's past since his dad apparently shows up. Glad we're finally getting to this since I'm sure it'll be integral to Clemont's character. Ironically, the capture of Chespin itself doesn't interest me. I mean we knew it was going to happen eventually so I'm just glad we're getting it over with.

"Capture Lumiose Gym! Clemont's Secret!

Ash and friends arrive in Lumiose City, where they meet Clemont's father Limohne, and discover Clemont is the Gym Leader of Lumiose Gym. When they hear Clemont's own invention, the "Citroide", has hijacked the Gym, Ash and friends decide to help him sneak in and recapture it."

*edited because i kept using both clemont and citron because... yeah
    Last edited by sunyshore.com; 7th November 2013 at 8:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore.com View Post

Ash and friends arrive in Lumiose City, where they meet Citron's father Limohne, and discover Clemont is the Gym Leader of Lumiose Gym. When they hear Citron's own invention, the "Citronoide", has hijacked the Gym, Ash and friends decide to help him sneak in and recapture it."
    Ah so they're going to capture a robot, not a pokemon
    Coming soon to XY. SEETHE

Ooo interesting. We get to explore Clemont/Bonnie's, mainly Clemont's, background. We knew that the gym was being controlled by an invention of Clemont, but we didn't know that it hijacked the gym. And since they've seem to have gone back to Lumiose City, maybe they visit Prof. Sycamore's Lab which is where they meet the Chespin that Clemont will get. We even saw a preview of Clemont, Bonnie, and Chespin with a background that looked like the laboratory.
    ~ Pokémon XY ~

Let the amazing adventures begin!
    ♪ On a side note, I'm a big fan of SatoxSere Shipping. They look so perfect together! ♫

Ash and friends arrive in Lumiose City, where they meet Citron's father Limohne, and discover Clemont is the Gym Leader of Lumiose Gym. When they hear Citron's own invention, the "Citronoide", has hijacked the Gym, Ash and friends decide to help him sneak in and recapture it."
    Wow, the writers have officially run out of name ideas lol.

Guess we know where the Bunnelby vs Heliolisk battle is fought.

One thing though, since a robot can't actually own a pokemon, why doesn't Heliolisk just ignore him and listen to Clemont(his real trainer I'm assuming).

and we know now why ash was almost murdered by the gym, despite it so obviously bothering clemont. and why clemont and bonnie were looking so down.

So Clemont returns to the Lumiose City Gym, has his invention malfunction, and has to solve the problem? I was hoping there would be more to this episode but I'm still glad that his status as Gym Leader will be revealed to Ash.

It makes me wonder if his father knew about the hijacking. I mean, as a parent, he should do something about it if he knew about it lol
    ~ Pokémon XY ~

Let the amazing adventures begin!
    ♪ On a side note, I'm a big fan of SatoxSere Shipping. They look so perfect together! ♫

Hmm, so we were all right all along. I kind of wish it was a little more surprising than that, but eh, it happens. I guess his father will replace him as Gym Leader after this episode until Ash reaches him.

I wonder what will be done with him after this, though, given that they're revealing this so quickly.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: Goldenrod City Under Siege (Part 1)
    Next: Goldenrod City Under Siege (Part 2)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I'm actually intrigued about the plot element of Clemont's father. Considering that we never met their parents in the video game, it would be interesting how their parents shaped Clemont and Bonnie into what they are right now.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Dark Amethyst's PokePet

Soul the level 52 Umbreon!

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    So Clemont returns to the Lumiose City Gym, has his invention malfunction, and has to solve the problem? I was hoping there would be more to this episode but I'm still glad that his status as Gym Leader will be revealed to Ash.
    Yeah, there's nothing else in an episode besides a title and a brief summary that we just got

Instigators gonna instigate

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Default December 5: XY009 - Retake the Lumiose Gym! Clemont's Secret!!

ミアレジム攻略!シトロンの秘密!!

"Having returned to Miare City, Satoshi runs into Citron's father Limone, and learns that Citron is the leader of the Miare Gym. After learning that the gym has been taken over by Citron's invention "The Citroid", Satoshi joins Citron and sneaks into the gym to retake it!"
    Last edited by Dephender; 7th November 2013 at 8:28 AM.

Know your roots.

So the robot did still Clemont's gym? Coooooool
    Wonder if Clemont will pick up the Heliolisk at the end? :P
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team(Success):
    Black 2 team:
    Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:

Oh nice, guess Clemont's secret is being revealed to Ash sooner than I thought it would be. I like how they acknowledge his dad, wonder if Clemont gets along with his father?

why was our thread deleted? and why is this now being called "trapped in the gym", which is not correct at all?

*edit: thank you joe for putting the posts back
    Last edited by sunyshore.com; 7th November 2013 at 8:26 AM.

why was our thread deleted?
    Because it was such a mess due to initial mistranslations and misinterpretations that deleting it, tossing up a new one, and then seeing what could be salvaged from the old one is a lot faster and more efficient.

and why is this now being called "trapped in the gym", which is not correct at all?
    Because I'm dumb and misread the kanji while rushing things

Know your roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Because it was such a mess due to initial mistranslations and misinterpretations that deleting it, tossing up a new one, and then seeing what could be salvaged from the old one is a lot faster and more efficient.

Because I'm dumb and misread the kanji while rushing things

oh, there was only a few people thinking it meant capture episode though? i only recall 2-3 posts thinking "Lumiose Gym Capture" (which isn't a mistranslation at all???, though it's not how i would have said it) meant "capture of a pokemon". the rest was all legitimate discussion in my summary i reworked it to "Capture Lumiose Gym" which is the proper translation of the episode title. just seems odd to me to take down an entire thread because of a couple confused people before someone translated the summary a few posts down, and put it back up with an actually inaccurate title

you're not dumb or anything for misreading a kanji, it just seems an odd sequence of events to me is all! next time mods probably shouldn't delete an entire thread because a couple of the posts misunderstood what kind of capture this was...

oh, there was only a few people thinking it meant capture episode though? i only recall 2-3 posts thinking "Lumiose Gym Capture" (which isn't a mistranslation at all???, though it's not how i would have said it) meant "capture of a pokemon". the rest was all legitimate discussion in my summary i reworked it to "Capture Lumiose Gym" which is the proper translation of the episode title. just seems odd to me to take down an entire thread because of a couple confused people before someone translated the summary a few posts down, and put it back up with an actually inaccurate title

you're not dumb or anything for misreading a kanji, it just seems an odd sequence of events to me is all! next time mods probably shouldn't delete an entire thread because a couple of the posts misunderstood what kind of capture this was...
    It was a bit of a rush reaction, I admit that (and I actually missed your summary translation while skimming through the thread, sorry), but it really isn't fun to come on and see a thread with a really really misleading title translation posted by someone you KNOW doesn't know Japanese, and a bunch of posts talking about Pokemon catching and whatnot (and even IF arguably correct, translating 攻略 as "capture" in a Pokemon episode title is just begging for people to misinterpret it... and yeah, I know it doesn't necessarily mean retake, but it fits the context and can't be misunderstood). Getting rid of the misleading nonsense as soon as possible was the first thing that came to mind.

(and yeah, I realize the irony in mistaking a word completely in my rush to get a replacement thread up)

Know your roots.

Huh, that was fast. I was wondering how long Clement's Gym Leader status would remain a secret, as if they follow the game route, Ash should battle him for quite a while. Wonder what reason they'll give for Ash not getting a Gym battle now. And nice that we find out why the Gym threw Ash out (not that its a surprise, but still). Should be fun to see how they'll retake the Gym. Though hearing about Clement's parent, wonder if they'll just handle the Gym Leader job while the kid goes out on adventures as we've seen before. For Kalos' sake, hopefully Clement's inventions won't all turn out this badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    It was a bit of a rush reaction, I admit that (and I actually missed your summary translation while skimming through the thread, sorry), but it really isn't fun to come on and see a thread with a really really misleading title translation posted by someone you KNOW doesn't know Japanese, and a bunch of posts talking about Pokemon catching and whatnot (and even IF arguably correct, translating 攻略 as "capture" in a Pokemon episode title is just begging for people to misinterpret it... and yeah, I know it doesn't necessarily mean retake, but it fits the context and can't be misunderstood). Getting rid of the misleading nonsense as soon as possible was the first thing that came to mind.

(and yeah, I realize the irony in mistaking a word completely in my rush to get a replacement thread up)

well, at the end of the day it's not really a big deal, and dont worry, i know why you chose retake over capture! if it means the same thing its fine!

i was just annoyed we lost all the discussions we started and the title was even more wrong (on accident of course) but its not a big deal and im not mad!

but i am very excited for this episode, but i really dont know if clemont's dad is going to take over while he's gone? it seems to me clemont was fixing his robot in the one trailer, so maybe he fixes it and leaves it behind? if his dad was a gym leader type, he'd be the gym leader, not his barely looks 12 year old son. so i dunno about that. but i do think heliolisk is going to be left behind which is SAD!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, it wasn't much of a difference? I took the time to post the original thread and just because I might not know more about Japanese then Eevee Ninfia, I don't see why I should be messed with.

I am interested in seeing what Clemont's father will look like though.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Seriously, it wasn't much of a difference? I took the time to post the original thread and just because I might not know more about Japanese then Eevee Ninfia, I don't see why I should be messed with.

I am interested in seeing what Clemont's father will look like though.
    Oh trust me, he doesn't know any japanese. He just always posts first.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast