Thread: Accidently bough US-Region Guardian Signs D:

Default Accidently bough US-Region Guardian Signs D:

I have a pretty urgent question, and I hope this is the right place to post it! :S
    I bought my boyfriend Guardian Signs for Christmas and it's just arrived in the post from Amazon, however it appears I accidently bought an American copy despite shopping on the UK Amazon. My own fault I know, but it wasn't made extremely clear at the time and I remember having a rough day.

It's already the 12th and if I'm going to even try and get a refund I need to do it soon, so I need to know if there's any way that the giving him the US version is going to effect the game play, or will it work exactly as it should?

I remember on my Shadows Of Almia game I got a Manaphy, a Darkrai and a Riolu, and if there's anything similar in Guardian Signs I'm worried they won't transfer to a UK copy of the main Pokémon games. There's also worry that it MIGHT be region locked and can't be played on a UK DS though they rarely are...
    Please help, I'm an idiot and Googling doesn't give me many results.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

IIRC, if you're playing on a DSi or 3DS model, all games are region locked, but if you have an older model of the DS, don't worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    IIRC, if you're playing on a DSi or 3DS model, all games are region locked, but if you have an older model of the DS, don't worry about it.
    Well he's planning to buy a 3DS eventually, and I know (though I'm not supposed to) that my mother has bought me the same game from the same seller and I play on a 3DS XL.
    Does that mean I definitely should try and refund and replace them for UK versions? :/
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 12th December 2012 at 11:42 PM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

If you want to keep from being region locked out of your game, you may want to consider so
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
    Well he's planning to buy a 3DS eventually, and I know (though I'm not supposed to) that my mother has bought me the same game from the same seller and I play on a 3DS XL.
    Does that mean I definitely should try and refund and replace them for UK versions? :/
    If you don't have an original DS or a DS Lite, then yeah, you need to do so. Any other model of the DS or 3DS will be region locked, so he can't play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?